AuthorTopic: Consciousness-Great Awakening-Telepathy-Perspective-Group Consciousness  (Read 14779 times)

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
I have finished listening to the remarkable videos posted today and found them all spellbinding. For some reason not apparent to me or explainable Mr. Sheldrake's presentation was my favorite.

Then a strange realization came over me. I would have never listened to any of them if not for the Diner and my familiarity with those who posted them. Had they come my way on my own surfing of the net they would have been shut off after two minutes and thought of as spaced out bull shit of no relevance. Because of  my high regard for Ashvin, and his incredible amount of scholarship on religious matters, WHD and his love of nature and natural revulsion to control, which were driven home to me by his writings and blog, it has been my good fortune to be totally engrossed in their contents and able to see things in a new fresh perspective and level of consciousness that was not possible before listening. The same think happened to me with David Icke, who was nothing but a con artist to me. That is until I read Peter and EL G's references and admiration of him. Brain cells of that magnitude made me change my perceptions of Icke in a hurry, while still not an admirer, my original opinion is now seen as an error. I did not place the importance of that revelation back then until now and can see how it is related to my feelings presently.

Of course the logical and simple answer to all of this is the obvious one. It pays to meet with people, exchange ideas and opinions etc, and of course have the good fortune to walk into the Diner. After reading Lucid's recent posting however, and his reference to the Awakening, It is my opinion that there is something much deeper going on here.

Something which has to do with consciousness, telepathy, group consciousness, something not random, a great awakening. It is the same sort of feeling I have about the Forceful Evil I alluded to before, could even be part of it, perhaps a divine intervention protecting us from it.  Whatever the case I sense it, like Mr Sheldrake said about sensing someone staring at you. The entire mystery of what brings us here together, daily in many cases, such a diverse group, finding each other, hanging out together, as if we floated in from space also plays into my thoughts. Could it just be a random happening?

Hope I am not sounding too foolish, had to think twice before posting this for fear of laughter, but there is more going on here than is readily apparent in my view, and it is something spiritual, or metaphysical, whatever name it goes by.    GO

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Hope I am not sounding too foolish, had to think twice before posting this for fear of laughter, but there is more going on here than is readily apparent in my view, and it is something spiritual, or metaphysical, whatever name it goes by.

"There's a divinity that shapes our ends,
Rough-hew them how we will."

Hamlet, scene ii
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline luciddreams

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
Who's gonna laugh at you OX?  Was that your own laughter you were sensing?  I think it's all part of science loosing it's grip on reality.  I think a large part of this awakening is that we've had enough of the reductionist bull shit.  We're starting to remember that life is divine and not so dependent on our understanding of it.  It's like the spiritual awakening has found the weakest link in science and it's prying it's way through it.  Like the Goddess seducing the one male omniscient god into forgetting that he was getting ready to destroy everything because he had a bad day.  Now he's just aroused and no longer concerned with fucking everything up.

I don't know...sort of a repeat of the late 60's early 70's...but I think in retrospect that was a harbinger of things to come.  Lot's of similarities between then and now I think. 

Whatever the case may be...I've got more hope now than I've had...and I can't say why logically.  I just feel it. 

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Who's gonna laugh at you OX?  Was that your own laughter you were sensing?  I think it's all part of science loosing it's grip on reality.

Probably Lucid, laughing at myself.

Love that idea of science "loosing it's grip on reality".  Have a feeling that is what Rupert Sheldrake was saying, that presentation just blew my mind open. It is very hard to believe that any organization could ban or censor a man of such brilliance and original thought. He turned my ideas on science upside down in twenty minutes.

When an organization with people like Bill Gates and companies such as Xerox ban a man of that quality and intelligence, it brings my hopes to new lows. Then I think of your comment about them losing their grip and the fact that we are all aware of these people like Hancock and the possibility of a great awakening it gives me the feeling of new hope that you are currently feeling.

The sixties and seventies were nothing but Vietnam. It permeated all the news, every friggin day, made everybody including me totally miserable. It divided the country, forced anyone with smarts to never trust the government again, it was too horrible to imagine unless you lived through it as a young adult and you had all your dreams of the future and hope and trust in your country and it's leaders shattered.  It was indeed a harbinger of the future, I wish I never heard the word, twenty years of lies death and misery. It sucked Big Time.   :(

Offline Ashvin

• Troll
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Because of  my high regard for Ashvin, and his incredible amount of scholarship on religious matters, WHD and his love of nature and natural revulsion to control, which were driven home to me by his writings and blog, it has been my good fortune to be totally engrossed in their contents and able to see things in a new fresh perspective and level of consciousness that was not possible before listening. The same think happened to me with David Icke, who was nothing but a con artist to me. That is until I read Peter and EL G's references and admiration of him. Brain cells of that magnitude made me change my perceptions of Icke in a hurry, while still not an admirer, my original opinion is now seen as an error. I did not place the importance of that revelation back then until now and can see how it is related to my feelings presently.                             

GO, I am always grateful that you hold me in high esteem and are willing to consider my views, even when they go against what you have traditionally believed. You above anyone else here (or any other forum), including me, are someone who embraces freedom of thought and conscience.

I just watched an amazing presentation by bishop NT Wright that I think you will really appreciate:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/_hlVhiuOAqg?feature=player_detailpage" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/_hlVhiuOAqg?feature=player_detailpage</a>

Offline Surly1

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
The sixties and seventies were nothing but Vietnam. It permeated all the news, every friggin day, made everybody including me totally miserable. It divided the country, forced anyone with smarts to never trust the government again, it was too horrible to imagine unless you lived through it as a young adult and you had all your dreams of the future and hope and trust in your country and it's leaders shattered.  It was indeed a harbinger of the future, I wish I never heard the word, twenty years of lies death and misery. It sucked Big Time.   :(

And that period of time seems like Arcadia compared to what we are facing today, does it not? Unless you were drafted into the Nam, you had relative freedom of movement. No money, but opportunity. Now the entire country is in the grips of a fascist lockdown, with lies everywhere one turns and no trust anywhere.

I feel you.
"...reprehensible lying communist..."

Offline luciddreams

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now

And that period of time seems like Arcadia compared to what we are facing today, does it not? Unless you were drafted into the Nam, you had relative freedom of movement. No money, but opportunity. Now the entire country is in the grips of a fascist lockdown, with lies everywhere one turns and no trust anywhere.

I feel you.

That's all why we, all generations, need to turn our backs on the machine and move forward.  It's dead already.  It just doesn't know it.  But that machine runs on energy...we all know that.  We also all know that fossil fuels dominate the entirety of the machines final embodiment.  As energy goes so the machine.  The two fates are the same.  Both energy, and the machine, are scheduled to run out of fuel together. 

That's all why the only thing left for us to do, those of us who want to survive...thrive even, is to make a new way...with new rules.  Rules that don't necessarily apply to reductionist science, but that do apply to the reality of the near future.  And when I say near, I don't mean to imply a fast collapse  :laugh:

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
GO,

If you liked Rupert Sheldrake, and are interested in opening up your mind a bit, here he is with his good friends Terrence Mckenna and Ralph Abraham. Three of the greatest, most flexible minds of the late 20th century-early 21st, IMHO. The Scientist, the Mystic and the Mathematician. I started with the second in this series of "Trialogues".  If you want to go back for an introductions, you can find all the trialogues on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6RcOWzRoUc

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y6RcOWzRoUc?feature=player_detailpage" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Y6RcOWzRoUc?feature=player_detailpage</a>
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 05:16:40 PM by WHD »

bob

Golden Oxen that is hilarious! now will you quit foolin around and be serious.LOL

Several months back last year I noted WHD say that the DD is at the forefront of thinking. I laughed then thought about it and true, there is a lot of radical ideas and we dont all agree all the time, but theres a common direction with a great depth of understanding and experience in radical thinking. No doubt this is the power of like attracts like and multiplying force. At the same time though, being sceptical can be uncomfortable and make you want to withdraw for a while, as you know. Karpatok understands a side of all this problem that the rest do not see, which similarly can make you feel negative and withdraw.

I had a question to float before I forget; With these "capital controls" to stop money leaving banks or countries, and bank runs happening, why wouldnt the banksters next move be to lay in wait for the money that has not been 'haircut" to return at some point when it has to. Say they steal a haircut/tax on a given date, will they then wait for people to deposit cheques and hit it again there, or settlement funds from a property sale in the 6 or 7 figures which have to be deposited even if you withdrew it as soon as possible.

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Dear Bob: With your enormous perspicacity of thought into my inmost negativity and withdrawal, please be so kind as to enlighten me with your insights and maybe we can have a felicitous discussion of possibilities.

Offline luciddreams

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
Re: Consciousness-Great Awakening-Telepathy-Perspective-Group Consciousness
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2013, 08:33:40 PM »
Dear Bob: With your enormous perspicacity of thought into my inmost negativity and withdrawal, please be so kind as to enlighten me with your insights and maybe we can have a felicitous discussion of possibilities.

I had to look up a couple of words on that one...

I mean...I think you're being sarcastic, but I haven't seen enough comments from you to break through the blind spot that is this form of 21st century personless communication.  As in, I can't see your facial expression as you state what you stated. 

bob

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2013, 08:43:59 PM »
K, what I mean is; from our previous discussions some time back, I thought you had several insights on the nature of existence that are too dark in the total implications for most people to 'go there'. We are all aware of the way we treat each other and the earth on a grand scale and shake our heads wondering why when it makes no sense, but start from a premise god is good and people are mostly good yet between them we get mostly bad. Your observations were not as naive, and so seem negative or better description the dark side. Im not saying most people are evil, but as the old saying goes, for evil to triumph only needs good people to do nothing about it. For myself at least, feeling im being negative takes the fun out of it because its close to conflict which i can live without. If you have other reasons for shutting yourself up, excuse me, my mistake.

Offline luciddreams

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2013, 08:52:52 PM »
K, what I mean is; from our previous discussions some time back, I thought you had several insights on the nature of existence that are too dark in the total implications for most people to 'go there'. We are all aware of the way we treat each other and the earth on a grand scale and shake our heads wondering why when it makes no sense, but start from a premise god is good and people are mostly good yet between them we get mostly bad. Your observations were not as naive, and so seem negative or better description the dark side. Im not saying most people are evil, but as the old saying goes, for evil to triumph only needs good people to do nothing about it. For myself at least, feeling im being negative takes the fun out of it because its close to conflict which i can live without. If you have other reasons for shutting yourself up, excuse me, my mistake.

sounds reasonable enough for me...karpatok?  What do you think? 

Wait....am I a gettin' in the middle of two shrinks trying to shrink each other and gettin' shrunk in the process O0  I mean what :laugh:

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2013, 09:07:25 PM »
Several months back last year I noted WHD say that the DD is at the forefront of thinking. I laughed then thought about it and true, there is a lot of radical ideas and we dont all agree all the time, but theres a common direction with a great depth of understanding and experience in radical thinking.

bob,

I think the regular Diners, every one of them, including Ashvin, GO and You-Bob, (who I disagree with most), are one heck of a lot courageous bunch of thinkers, ready and willing to say whatever you think, while at the same time, showing a great deal of respect, more often than not with good humor (you and GO, anyway, LOL).   :icon_mrgreen:

I love the Diner. And I still think, this is one of the most alive and vibrant websites anywhere on the Internet, where not one question is out of bounds. At the forefront of consciousness in America, and the world, for sure. Pat yourselves on the back Diners. Be good to yourselves, you deserve it.  :)

« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 09:11:08 PM by WHD »

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2013, 09:14:53 PM »
Several months back last year I noted WHD say that the DD is at the forefront of thinking. I laughed then thought about it and true, there is a lot of radical ideas and we dont all agree all the time, but theres a common direction with a great depth of understanding and experience in radical thinking.

bob,

I think the regular Diners, every one of them, including Ashvin, GO and You-Bob, (who I disagree with most), are one heck of a lot courageous bunch of thinkers, ready and willing to say whatever you think, while at the same time, showing a great deal of respect, more often than not with good humor (you and GO, anyway, LOL).   :icon_mrgreen:

I love the Diner. And I still think, this is one of the most alive and vibrant websites anywhere on the Internet, where not one question is out of bounds. At the forefront of consciousness in America, and the world, for sure. Pat yourselves on the back Diners. Be good to yourselves, you deserve it.  :)

A note too, for all those Lurkers out there who do not feel the need or the urge or the necessity to comment, you are a Diner too. Hungry to understand. Which is a thing I admire more than any.