AuthorTopic: C5 Walks into a Diner...  (Read 30869 times)

Offline Nearingsfault

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: C5 Walks into a Diner...
« Reply #615 on: February 26, 2020, 11:23:58 AM »
I wasnt trying to be controversial.... this time.....

But when you are the infamous C5?......... What type of crazy talks about himself in the third person anyway? Sheesh.

This is one of my favorite videos of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijf7UxI7EFE

I never said it's the end of the world. In fact, I believe I mentioned that even if millions or tens of millions of people die... that the world population will still keep going up while it's happening. Now that's the thing that will kill the world.

Enter exhibit A-   https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/
so what is a person to think when the cbc you heard me the cbc the most milky toast stay the course news organization in the world tell you to stockpile food and supplies...  perhaps one should listen...
https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/coronavirus-panic-canada-1.5473606
If its important then try something, fail, disect, learn from it, try again, and again and again until it kills you or you succeed.

Offline cernunnos5

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: February 26, 2020, 02:04:49 PM »
Yes, My post, within a few days, is very quickly becoming old news. If they read it by next week, they will be saying, "Thanks Captain Obvious".

Had a slight thaw here so was able to force up the hill. Cycled in 160$ of gas. Tomorrow I'll head to the city for a load of chicken feed, a new extension ladder.... and maybe some barbed wire in case I want to close up the entrance to the farm.

Offline Nearingsfault

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: February 26, 2020, 04:14:26 PM »
Yes, My post, within a few days, is very quickly becoming old news. If they read it by next week, they will be saying, "Thanks Captain Obvious".

Had a slight thaw here so was able to force up the hill. Cycled in 160$ of gas. Tomorrow I'll head to the city for a load of chicken feed, a new extension ladder.... and maybe some barbed wire in case I want to close up the entrance to the farm.
nice! I'll skip the barbed wire but definitely time to cycle the gas and stock up the chicken feed Best way to store fresh protein; eggs in waiting.
If its important then try something, fail, disect, learn from it, try again, and again and again until it kills you or you succeed.

Offline cernunnos5

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
C5 Walks into a.... Fuck it. What more can I really say. What more can I do
« Reply #618 on: March 13, 2020, 08:19:19 PM »
I was forced out of quarantine today to  rescue someone whose plans went sideways on the other side of the continent. Ours. No confirmed cases locally yet... but within a couple hours drive away. Yes

I saw enough while out

What more can I say.....

What more can I possibly do....

https://darkgreenmountainsurvivalresearchcentre.wordpress.com/2020/03/14/nothing-much-more-to-say-now-we-live-with-the-consequences-of-our-choices/

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
I was forced out of quarantine today to  rescue someone whose plans went sideways on the other side of the continent. Ours. No confirmed cases locally yet... but within a couple hours drive away. Yes

I saw enough while out

What more can I say.....

What more can I possibly do....

https://darkgreenmountainsurvivalresearchcentre.wordpress.com/2020/03/14/nothing-much-more-to-say-now-we-live-with-the-consequences-of-our-choices/

Quote from: C5
If you ever wonder, “How did C5 know ?”, this is how.

No idea how you knew, I knew because I have a Crystal Ball handed down to me by my Gypsy Grandmother.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline cernunnos5

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
C5's life SAVED by YouTube
« Reply #620 on: March 18, 2020, 03:28:19 PM »
When the internet goes down, I will be revealed as a not so great survivalist.

My chainsaw wouldnt work this morning. Of all the damnastible times for the saw 2 crap out, there could not possibly be more worse of a time than Right Fucking Now.

C5's virus survival plan was simple.
#1 Be on the doomstead. Instead, I was in Central America.
#2 Shop Early. Shop Often. Then Stop. Instead, I was sick during the safe shopping phase... and had to dodge the virus every step along the way.
#3 Immediately start cutting firewood. 5-10 years worth. It's the number one job. When the gas for the chainsaw stops, it's all hand tools from then on. I have to get it cut before people are surprised by the sound of a chainsaw in the distance that announces I still have gas. I dont need to haul it all the first year. I just need to get it cut and stacked.
Instead, My lungs have been fucked by the illness. I'm having trouble getting enough oxygen. I'll have to build up my  lung capacity by swinging the chainsaw for a half an hour a day for a while and hope it gets better.... Then the saw conked out today.

WHAT?!. Is this a cosmic conspiracy? Have I served my purpose now that the apocalypse is now here and I am allowed to die now.

I broke quarantine once again today to get parts for the saw. None of it worked. Nothing I tried worked. I was going to have to break Quarantine one more time to get it into a shop... and hopefully be able to get it back... all while wasting more money and gas. Plus, no small engine repair places were picking up the phone.

I had reached the point, that I was starting to begin the process of mentally preparing myself  that I was starting the apocalypse with a machete. That I will have to cut every day, as much as I can. This is my life now.

When  I had just given up, this entered my youtube feed. It wasnt what I had been asking Youtube. I almost didnt bother watching it... but I figured it must be some trick that might help me in the future.

In desperation, I gave one last shot, tried the trick just to make sure I had exausted my options........... AND IT FIRED. HALEFUCKINGLUJA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49Y8LWreDyA

Well, I only lost another day and 60 bucks. We'll start again tomorrow. While everyone is staring at the walls in quarantine, I know what I will be up to for the next month before we have to think of the garden   
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 03:30:01 PM by cernunnos5 »

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: C5's life SAVED by YouTube
« Reply #621 on: March 18, 2020, 03:44:46 PM »
I know what I will be up to for the next month before we have to think of the garden   

You plan to cut 5 years worth of firewood in a month?

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: March 18, 2020, 03:55:56 PM »
Nice trick. I'll have to remember that one.

These days I'm looking at more and more YouTube vids for information.

I'm about to cut my first real rafters.....lots of good videos on that, both the calculations and on using a speed square. Another thing my old man knew that I forgot to get him to explain. Too late now, gotta figure it out.

And I just learned about a completely new tool I never saw used before....a decal removing wheel, aka a caramel wheel or eraser wheel. A way to take off old pin stripes and boat vinyl letters and such, without damaging paint or gel coat.

That's just the practical stuff....never mind all the philosophy and all the intellectual genius types I never got around to reading. It's all on video now.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: March 18, 2020, 03:58:53 PM »
It's all on video now.

That's why I morphed from Blogger to Vlogger.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Nearingsfault

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: C5's life SAVED by YouTube
« Reply #624 on: March 18, 2020, 04:00:36 PM »
When the internet goes down, I will be revealed as a not so great survivalist.

My chainsaw wouldnt work this morning. Of all the damnastible times for the saw 2 crap out, there could not possibly be more worse of a time than Right Fucking Now.

C5's virus survival plan was simple.
#1 Be on the doomstead. Instead, I was in Central America.
#2 Shop Early. Shop Often. Then Stop. Instead, I was sick during the safe shopping phase... and had to dodge the virus every step along the way.
#3 Immediately start cutting firewood. 5-10 years worth. It's the number one job. When the gas for the chainsaw stops, it's all hand tools from then on. I have to get it cut before people are surprised by the sound of a chainsaw in the distance that announces I still have gas. I dont need to haul it all the first year. I just need to get it cut and stacked.
Instead, My lungs have been fucked by the illness. I'm having trouble getting enough oxygen. I'll have to build up my  lung capacity by swinging the chainsaw for a half an hour a day for a while and hope it gets better.... Then the saw conked out today.

WHAT?!. Is this a cosmic conspiracy? Have I served my purpose now that the apocalypse is now here and I am allowed to die now.

I broke quarantine once again today to get parts for the saw. None of it worked. Nothing I tried worked. I was going to have to break Quarantine one more time to get it into a shop... and hopefully be able to get it back... all while wasting more money and gas. Plus, no small engine repair places were picking up the phone.

I had reached the point, that I was starting to begin the process of mentally preparing myself  that I was starting the apocalypse with a machete. That I will have to cut every day, as much as I can. This is my life now.

When  I had just given up, this entered my youtube feed. It wasnt what I had been asking Youtube. I almost didnt bother watching it... but I figured it must be some trick that might help me in the future.

In desperation, I gave one last shot, tried the trick just to make sure I had exausted my options........... AND IT FIRED. HALEFUCKINGLUJA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49Y8LWreDyA

Well, I only lost another day and 60 bucks. We'll start again tomorrow. While everyone is staring at the walls in quarantine, I know what I will be up to for the next month before we have to think of the garden   
Nice!  My lesson in chainsaw maintenance was given to me this week by a friend who was over to learn about solar. my Stihl MS260 was partially taken apart on the workbench. He happens to be a small engine mechanic. I told him it started, ran great for 10 minutes then lost power and stalled... I though air filter, fuel pump, spark plug fuel filter... I have a tune up kit coming in the mail as we speak... $50 kit... He took a look at it and told me to clean our the air intake cover on the pull cord flywheel. The coil was overheating because of all the sawdust and oil... Fuck...

Offline cernunnos5

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
Re: C5 Walks into a FACEPALM..
« Reply #625 on: March 18, 2020, 04:21:26 PM »
Ya. There is going to be A LOT of people facing things similar to this over the next week/months.

We're just  trend setters

"How do I work this?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IsSpAOD6K8
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 04:27:04 PM by cernunnos5 »

Offline JRM

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: March 18, 2020, 06:39:14 PM »
To the several previous posts... First: Ouch! Then: Yikes! :o
My "avatar" graphic is Japanese calligraphy (shodō) forming the word shoshin, meaning "beginner's mind". --  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoshin -- It is with shoshin that I am now and always "meeting my breath" for the first time. Try it!

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #627 on: March 19, 2020, 05:03:30 AM »
It's all on video now.

That's why I morphed from Blogger to Vlogger.

RE

I thought it was because you are just too lazy to write anymore.
"Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world's grief. Do justly now, love mercy now, walk humbly now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it."