PE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> 🏹 Diners: War of Doomers

AuthorTopic: 🏹 Diners: War of Doomers  (Read 4425 times)

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: 🧙‍♂️ Diners: War of Doomers - RE KICKING ASS!
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2019, 05:05:23 PM »
But, you have to experiment with it to see if it suits you.  It's definitely not for everybody.  Surly is too Politically Correct for the game, for instance. lol.

RE

I'll see  your "political correctness and raise you a bag of dicks.

Where's the gynormous black ones ?

This must be a first around here.

Surly & political incorrectness ........ Kinda' like Jumbo Shrimp  ::)
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world.
You don’t know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2019, 08:01:20 PM »
Surly & political incorrectness ........ Kinda' like Jumbo Shrimp  ::)

Can I have some Military Intelligence with that?

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2019, 08:26:33 PM »
I am back home after 2 grueling days in enemy Territory racking up points for our Clan.  I still am no match for AYKC though, the 18 year old Lithuanian Joan of Arc who slaughters enemies seemingly at will.  I do know what she is doing, but it is philosophically anaethema to my approach to the game.  She is hitting on whole TOWNS, which so far I will not do.  Unless they have directly ATTACKED me or another Clan member, I do not attack Towns.  I could SQUASH some of these smaller towns like BUGS, but I don't do it.  I'm at L26 now, actually 1 level above AYKC who is L25.  But I don't feel it necessary to kill all those people in those towns.  They are mostly Poor People just trying to scratch out a living,  I show NO MERCY though for Invaders (Zombies) and Ghosts.  I bring down the Wrath of Odin on them.  LOL.  That is how I rack up my points.  However, AYKC gets bigger numbers because she is hitting whole towns.  I have to nail 10 Zombies for every town AYKC destroys.  This takes time of course.

Trust me on this, if AYKC is in charge of your military, you do NOT want to be a Vietnamese Villager!  She is the Death from Above incarnate!

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🧙‍♂️ Diners: War of Doomers - We got us a CONVOY!
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2019, 11:45:53 AM »
I am currently residing in the Big Shitty of our Clan Stronghold, shipping some of my Booty via Convoy to the Clan Stronghold.  The Pic below is one of my Convoys heading for the Stronghold with Food, Lumber, Iron, Stone & SILVER!  Also some ancient Scrolls of Wisdom.  This helps develop the Stronghold.

I will hang out here a little while longer to ship in some more Resources to the Stronghold, but I HATE the Big Shitty, even surrounded by my Ruskie Clan mates.  I will head back out to the Last Great Frontier of our Kingdom later today probably.

click pic to enlarge
Vik L26 2019 11 24 Caravan
Vik L26 2019 11 24 Caravan

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sd5ZLJWQmss" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Sd5ZLJWQmss</a>

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🧙‍♂️ Diners: War of Doomers - Back to the Boonies!
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2019, 04:56:11 PM »
OK I shipped a bunch of Booty to the Stronghold, and left the Big Shity for the Boonies again.  If only you could migrate around so easily IRL! lol.  I am in a New Location closer in to the Center of Power, but surprisingly under populated.  I have one small Bedroom Community to my south, some Canine Invaders around and one Ghost haunting the neighborhood.  Overall though, it is nice and Peaceful here.  :icon_sunny:  A nice spot to kick back and relax.  Right on the Fjord with a nice Lake,Woodlands and Farmland.  I'm spending a lot of time at the Mead Hall (named "Bloody Marys"  ;D ) with my Hero Ayla and my Shaman Baggie discussing our Plans for a new Big Battle scheduled to begin tomorrow.

click pic to enlarge
Vik L26 2019 11 24 Boonies
Vik L26 2019 11 24 Boonies

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
IRL Viking Newz!  :icon_sunny:

RE

https://www.livescience.com/two-viking-burials-in-boats.html

Unusual Viking Burial Site in Norway Contains Two Stacked Boats, Each with a Body

By Nicoletta Lanese - Staff Writer 7 hours ago History

Replicas of two historic viking long-boats at Lofoten Islands, Norway.
(Image: © Shutterstock)

When archaeologists excavated an unusual Viking grave site in Norway, they dug up two bodies … along with the remnants of two massive boats.

After hundreds of years underground, only remnants of the wooden vessels remained, but the excavation team could tell the two boats had been stacked atop each other. Viking burial sites often feature boats, with some even boasting two buried near each other; but boats buried inside each other are "essentially an unknown phenomenon," Raymond Sauvage, an archaeologist at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology University Museum, said in a statement.

The boats' occupants only added to the mystery of the burial site.

Related: Photos: A Man, a Horse and a Dog Found in Viking Boat Burial

The top boat, a vessel about 24 feet (7 to 8 meters) long, contained the remains of a woman surrounded by a collection of ornaments, including a pearl necklace, two pairs of scissors, part of a spindle and an entire cow head. The woman’s remains were adorned with two shining brooches, one shell-shaped and one in the shape of a crucifix.

The crucifix "decoration and the design itself tell us that it came from Ireland, and that it was once part of a harness fitting,” Aina Heen Pettersen, a researcher in the NTNU Department of Historical Studies, said in the statement. Vikings who took part in voyages and raids often collected harness fittings as jewelry, Petterson added. Based on the goods recovered from the woman's grave, the archaeologists determined that she had died during the second half of the ninth century.

But remarkably, the man whose body had been buried in the boat below died in the century prior, they discovered. The man's boat measured about 30 feet (9 to 10 m) long and contained a shield, a spear and a single-edged sword. "Sword styles change through the centuries, which means we can unambiguously date this grave to the eighth century, the period that is known as the Merovingian era in Northern Europe," Sauvage said. 

Related: Fierce Fighters: 7 Secrets of Viking Seamen

"That’s assuming that we are not dealing with a Viking hipster," he added. Sauvage and his team concluded that, upon the woman's death, Vikings had carefully excavated the man's boat, placed the smaller boat inside, and reburied both vessels together.

The only question is, why? 

"It’s reasonable to think that the two were buried together to mark the family’s ownership to the farm, in a society that for the most part didn’t write things down," Sauvage said. The team uncovered the double-boat grave on farmland now known as Skeiet in central Norway. In the Middle Ages, law required that a landowner's family prove that the members had held the land for at least five generations, Sauvage said. Therefore, the Vikings who conducted the double-boat burial likely knew precisely where each deceased family member lay on the property, he added.

What's more, the double-boat grave lay at the edge of a large mound that may have once held additional grave sites. Long years of farming have decimated most of the mound, but the archaeologists suspect they may find many more buried artifacts scattered over the property. 

"So far, we've found part of a brooch from the Merovingian era, indicating that the large burial mound once held a richly appointed woman’s grave," Sauvage said. "This is a fascinating era in Scandinavian history, from which there are few archaeological finds," he added.
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🧙‍♂️ Vikings: Resting Up at the new Crab Shack
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2019, 06:47:15 AM »
I am back from our latest Battle, which this time we WON!  :icon_sunny:  The AI software moved us into a Bigger League, and in our first battle there we were outmatched, 4:3.  This time our Big Hitters came out IN FORCE, Iaagi the Siberian and AYKC, our Lithuanian Joan of Arc and at the last minute they just went NUTS, full on ATTACK in the Enemy Kingdom.  We were behind 3:4 with only 1 hour to go in the competition when they UNLEASHED and decimated the Evil all over the place!  We ended up winning by a ratio of 5:2.  Compared to them, I am a small time operator, at least in this area of the game where you can really rack up big points.  I still work up points to be usually 3rd-6th place for our Clan, depending on the type of competition.  Philosophically, I find it difficult to WHACK Enemy Towns wholesale.  I generally just go after Invaders and Ghosts.  I will whack a town though if they attack one of my Clan mates.  To really work up points though, you have to jump all around the map, look for vulnerable towns and then drop the Death from Above on them.  I am not into doing that, mostly I just like Building my Town.

I am back Home now in our Kingdom, in a new location out on the Frontier.  It's nice and quiet, nice Lake and only one Ghost and one Invader nearby.

Vik L26 2019 11 28 Home
Vik L26 2019 11 28 Home

I also decided to build a new Restaurant, a Crab Shack right on the water's edge in the Fjord.  I didn't need this, I have a full blown 3 star restaurant in town plus the Mead Hall which serves great Buffalo Wings, but I figured I would celebrate our victory and spend some of the Booty I got this way.

Vik L26 2019 11 28 Crab Shack
Vik L26 2019 11 28 Crab Shack

We have a big 3-day multi-part competition beginning tomorrow.  To get a lot of Points, you have to travel to Enemy Territory.  I hate that.  I like my Home on the Last Great Frontier.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🧙‍♂️ Vikings: Back to Battle!
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2019, 04:18:25 PM »
We are about 10 minutes away from the next big Global Competition, which will last 3 days.

All the Heavy Hitters are currently hanging out around the Stronghold.  We all will head for the Enemy Kingdom to do Battle in a few minutes.  I sent a ton of Resources to the Stronghold before going into this Battle.  Hopefully my Internet Connection will not crap out again in the middle of this one!  ::)

Vik L26 2019 11 28 Home2
Vik L26 2019 11 28 Home2

RE

« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 04:20:34 PM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🧙‍♂️ Vikings: Prepping for BATTLE in the Stronghold
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2019, 03:20:33 PM »
All the Big Hitters in our MNNT Clan are back inside the Stronghold Perimeter surrounding the Stronghold, Prepping for BATTLE against the ENEMY, which begins in 1 hour.

Some of us will head for the Enemy Kingdom to do Battle.  I have done that the last few Global Battles, this time I am going to stay at home pursuing a new strategy based on the numbers I have worked out for what gets you POINTS in these competitions with other Kingdoms. This time I am going to supply the Stronghold and Build Knowledge and improve my Town, and not go out to WHACK Invaders and Ghosts.  I am not sure yet how this new strategy will work, but it sticks with my Philosophy of HELPING my Clanmates rather then whacking other Towns, even in Enemy Territory.

All the L20+s are currently inside the Stronghold surrounding it.  AYKC the 18 year old Clan Joan of Arc from Lithuania is here as well as Norov the Siberian and Igaa the Moscowvite.  I can't understand a word of what goes on in the Clan Chat except when AYKC occasionally translates for me.  I'm the only Amerikan running with all Ruskies. A Cyberspace Russell Bentley. LOL

Vik L26 2019 12 2 2019 Stronghold BigHitters

RE
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 07:03:21 PM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: 🧙‍♂️ Vikings: Prepping for BATTLE in the Stronghold
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2019, 06:57:58 PM »
I can't understand a word of what goes on in the Clan Chat except when AYKC occasionally translates for me.  I'm the only Amerikan running with all Ruskies. A Cyberspace Russell Bentley. LOL

No way to cut and paste into a Google translate window?
“The old world is dying, and the New World struggles to be born: now is the time of monsters.”

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2019, 07:00:22 PM »
I can't understand a word of what goes on in the Clan Chat except when AYKC occasionally translates for me.  I'm the only Amerikan running with all Ruskies. A Cyberspace Russell Bentley. LOL

Unfortunately, no.  I have complained about this deficiency in the software non-stop, to no avail  :(

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🧙‍♂️ Vikings: Battle Update 1
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2019, 07:35:57 PM »
As of now, we are ahead 5:0 in this Battle, but it is only about 3 hours into a 2 day competition many competitors in Mother Russia from both sides are still asleep.

A super-Charger named Lexx is simply KICKING ASS for us.  I can't figure out HTF he is racking up so many Points.  ???  :icon_scratch:

My strategy is going OK, I am running 4th right now in Points.  I will wait until tomorrow to see when the other Big Hitters drop in.  We are looking good right now though.  :icon_sunny:

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2019, 07:49:44 PM »

Unfortunately, no.  I have complained about this deficiency in the software non-stop, to no avail  :(

RE

The fact that you are doing as well as you have using the on line equivalent of finger shadow puppets is pretty impressive.
“The old world is dying, and the New World struggles to be born: now is the time of monsters.”

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2019, 07:52:30 PM »

RE

The fact that you are doing as well as you have using the on line equivalent of finger shadow puppets is pretty impressive.

In this game, it helps to know your math.  I do. But if I could speak to my Clan Mates on Strategy, I could do an Order of Magnitude better.  Pisses me off.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🧙‍♂️ Vikings: The Latest Battle is DONE!
« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2019, 06:45:32 PM »
After an exhausting 2 days of Point-Cicking, the latest  Battle with an Enemy Kingdom is DONE! PHEW! lol.

All the Big Hitters are back inside the Stronghold now, resting up and Partying in the Mead Halls of our Towns since we absolutely DECIMATED the Enemy in this one, 5:0.  Total WIPEOUT!  Main reason for that though is the AI software demoted us from Triple AAA Ball to Double AA Ball.  :(  We got beat twice in a row 3:4 in the AAA League.

We just do not have enough Clan Members to compete in the Big Leagues.  You can have up to 100, currently we only have 38.  The Chief NoBet needs to do more recruitment!  However, even with our small crew we do OK.

Here's all the Big Hitters surrounding the stronghold after the Battle finished today.  I am the Blue 26, RE666.

RE
Save As Many As You Can