AuthorTopic: 📺 Shepard Smith says goodbye to Fox News  (Read 816 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
📺 Shepard Smith says goodbye to Fox News
« on: October 11, 2019, 06:53:46 PM »
Anybody got a theory on this one?

RE

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/1AtmlozSpm0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/1AtmlozSpm0</a>
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: 📺 Shepard Smith says goodbye to Fox News
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2019, 03:51:38 AM »
Anybody got a theory on this one?

RE

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/1AtmlozSpm0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/1AtmlozSpm0</a>

I have wondered as well. Everything I have read seems to track with the "official story:"

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/11/media/fox-news-shepard-smith/index.html

It's been reported that Bill Barr had dinner with Rupert Murdoch a couple of nights ago. I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

If you had Fat Orange beating the shit out of you every day for a couple of years for telling the truth in a sea of lies, it might get to you as well.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2019, 04:01:53 AM »

It's been reported that Bill Barr had dinner with Rupert Murdoch a couple of nights ago. I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

If you had Fat Orange beating the shit out of you every day for a couple of years for telling the truth in a sea of lies, it might get to you as well.

Not being a Faux Newz watcher, I had no idea ANYBODY on that network actually reported real newz.  In fact, I never even knew the name Shepard Smith before this!

If Fox abandons Trumpovetsky, what does he got left?

You can only get so far with Tweets.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2019, 04:08:13 AM »

Not being a Faux Newz watcher, I had no idea ANYBODY on that network actually reported real newz.  In fact, I never even knew the name Shepard Smith before this!

If Fox abandons Trumpovetsky, what does he got left?

You can only get so far with Tweets.

RE

I don't watch Faux either, because I still retain an active gag reflex. But there appears to be a brewing war at Faux between the news people and the opinion MAGAts. Shep Smith  apparently reported the news objectively, which earned him the ire of Fat orange and the Hannitys, Pirros, and Fucker Tiresomes of the network.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2019, 04:24:08 AM »
Yes I read that also in followup reports.  Also that other staffers might follow him in exodus.

But where does that leave Faux Newz?  ???  :icon_scratch:  How many reporters can they lose and still maintain the channel? NOBODY, even the most dedicated Trumpofsky cocksucker can listen to Sean Hannity 24/7.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2019, 04:58:31 PM »
Yes I read that also in followup reports.  Also that other staffers might follow him in exodus.

But where does that leave Faux Newz?  ???  :icon_scratch:  How many reporters can they lose and still maintain the channel? NOBODY, even the most dedicated Trumpofsky cocksucker can listen to Sean Hannity 24/7.

RE

A friend in the used car business many years ago once told me the "there is an ass for every seat."

I would not be concerned about a brain drain from Faux, of all places, any more than I'd be concerned about a migration from MSNBC because they won't discuss Medicare for All and thus endanger their hefty dick pill and plaque psoriasis med income. The jobs are prestigious and the checks are fat and come on time.

And even if they would or did, there is a small army of careerists vying for a place on the big stage; an ass for every seat.

I refer you once again to the wit and wisdom of Jay Gould.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2019, 05:24:06 PM »

RE

A friend in the used car business many years ago once told me the "there is an ass for every seat."

I would not be concerned about a brain drain from Faux, of all places, any more than I'd be concerned about a migration from MSNBC because they won't discuss Medicare for All and thus endanger their hefty dick pill and plaque psoriasis med income. The jobs are prestigious and the checks are fat and come on time.

And even if they would or did, there is a small army of careerists vying for a place on the big stage; an ass for every seat.

I suppose that's true.

I was thinking about it though, how I used to know all the main TV Newz Anchors by name, Chet Huntley & David Brinkley, Walter Cronkite, Harry Reasoner etc.  I think the last one I remember by name is Dan Rather.  Since I haven't owned a TV in over a decade, I have no idea who is reading the teleprompter anymore.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2019, 08:10:33 PM »

RE

I suppose that's true.

I was thinking about it though, how I used to know all the main TV Newz Anchors by name, Chet Huntley & David Brinkley, Walter Cronkite, Harry Reasoner etc.  I think the last one I remember by name is Dan Rather.  Since I haven't owned a TV in over a decade, I have no idea who is reading the teleprompter anymore.

RE

Quite true. And there used to be three channels and maybe a UHF PBS channel. Those were the days when you could pull a 27 rating and be a (broadcast) hero.
Now cable channels are as plentiful as corpses in Baltimore crack houses, and well dressed, carefully coiffed and made up newsreaders as plentiful as sewer rats crawling over said corpses.

As an article you posted earlier had it, there was a time a candy bar cost five cents. Now it costs a buck.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2019, 01:58:13 AM »
And there used to be three channels and maybe a UHF PBS channel. Those were the days when you could pull a 27 rating and be a (broadcast) hero.
Now cable channels are as plentiful as corpses in Baltimore crack houses, and well dressed, carefully coiffed and made up newsreaders as plentiful as sewer rats crawling over said corpses.

There's definitely a whole lot more media choices now than back in the Jurassic Period, especially if you factor in all the UToob channels from folks like Aljazeera, RT, the BBC etc.  However, there still only seem to be a few Channels that get the majority of attention here in the FSoA, NBC, CBS, CNN and Fox.  ABC seems to have fallen out of favor far as I can tell from the number of video reports they have picked up by Google.

Fox was Trumpovetsky's go-to network for energizing his "base", and apparently Shep got tired of being a part of that.  So the question remains, who is the Cockroach that Fox will hire to toe the party linea and replace him?  Who has enough of a rep to get some ratings?  What scum sucking bottom feeder will take this job?  ???   :icon_scratch:

RE
Save As Many As You Can