AuthorTopic: The End of Babies  (Read 267 times)

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
The End of Babies
« on: November 18, 2019, 10:36:16 AM »

In the fall of 2015, a rash of posters appeared around Copenhagen. One, in pink letters laid over an image of chicken eggs, asked, “Have you counted your eggs today?” A second — a blue-tinted close-up of human sperm — inquired, “Do they swim too slow?”

The posters, part of a campaign funded by the city to remind young Danes of the quiet ticking of their biological clocks, were not universally appreciated. They drew criticism for equating women with breeding farm animals. The timing, too, was clumsy: For some, encouraging Danes to make more babies while television news programs showed Syrian refugees trudging through Europe carried an inadvertent whiff of ugly nativism.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/11/16/opinion/sunday/capitalism-children.html?utm_source=pocket-newtab
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world.
You don’t know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: The End of Babies
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 12:56:12 PM »

In the fall of 2015, a rash of posters appeared around Copenhagen. One, in pink letters laid over an image of chicken eggs, asked, “Have you counted your eggs today?” A second — a blue-tinted close-up of human sperm — inquired, “Do they swim too slow?”

The posters, part of a campaign funded by the city to remind young Danes of the quiet ticking of their biological clocks, were not universally appreciated. They drew criticism for equating women with breeding farm animals. The timing, too, was clumsy: For some, encouraging Danes to make more babies while television news programs showed Syrian refugees trudging through Europe carried an inadvertent whiff of ugly nativism.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/11/16/opinion/sunday/capitalism-children.html?utm_source=pocket-newtab

People will find a way to become victims under almost any circumstances. Especially if they are in a cohort of being some of the most fortunate people on the planet.

Thirty-forty years ago I read an article--  I think it was in Esquire-- entitled "You're Half the Man Your Father Was." It described a European study that revealed falling sperm counts in men, likely from environmental causes. The fact that I still remember this article, when I can't remember where I put my keys from day to day, shows what an impression it made on me. Wish I could find the article, it was well before the internet.

I did a quick search and found this update from Forbes:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/neilhowe/2017/10/02/youre-not-the-man-your-father-was/#53961f508b7f

Men’s testosterone levels have been declining for decades, since the 1980s, with average levels declining by about 1% per year. So "ugly nativism" notwithstanding, decreasing fertility rates in the prosperous west spell the end of the west over several generations, providing ammo to the fascist "you will not replace us"  types.

Little surprise that Jordan fucking Peterson is so popular among low-androgen incel types who demand that the government issue them a vagino-American for their own use.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 01:00:29 PM by Surly1 »
“The old world is dying, and the New World struggles to be born: now is the time of monsters.”

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 01:43:30 PM »
I noticed yesterday, when I had the "Tell -A- Vision" mind control "Programing" on, tuned into foo-ball & all the ism & schism quack ademic,

AMA, commercials were rolling between plays & the big push is focused toward either bent dick or limp meds  :evil4:

Basically, gramps, back in the day could inseminate the whole herd in an afternoon. Today the millennials may as well use the Johnson for a pee straw.

That's the big push anyway. Why weren't there 8B homo sushi's on the lunch menu back in the day vs. now ?

It's for the same "Let's make shit up as we go" reason that monks built Notre Dame type structures whilst dodging the black plaque & hand writing
countless volumes of the Bible.

It all never adds up. The divine is in charge not the psychopaths.
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world.
You don’t know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2019, 02:18:58 PM »
I noticed yesterday, when I had the "Tell -A- Vision" mind control "Programing" on, tuned into foo-ball & all the ism & schism quack ademic,

AMA, commercials were rolling between plays & the big push is focused toward either bent dick or limp meds  :evil4:

Basically, gramps, back in the day could inseminate the whole herd in an afternoon. Today the millennials may as well use the Johnson for a pee straw.

That's the big push anyway. Why weren't there 8B homo sushi's on the lunch menu back in the day vs. now ?

It's for the same "Let's make shit up as we go" reason that monks built Notre Dame type structures whilst dodging the black plaque & hand writing
countless volumes of the Bible.

It all never adds up. The divine is in charge not the psychopaths.

Yeah, if it were't for erectile dysfunction ads and Tom Selleck hawking reverse mortgages, owners of TV groups would have to cut back to three yachts.

Now we also have "men's heath" clinics offering testosterone replacement therapy. This also corresponds with an entire generation of apple cheeked young men who have never seen a day of actual backbreaking hard work in their lives.
“The old world is dying, and the New World struggles to be born: now is the time of monsters.”