AuthorTopic: I'm With Monica  (Read 159 times)

Online Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
I'm With Monica
« on: January 17, 2020, 10:40:48 AM »
Lewinsky offers colorful remark in apparent response to Starr joining Trump defense team

By Allison Gordon, CNN
Updated 12:45 PM ET, Fri January 17, 2020

"This is definitely an 'are you fucking kidding me?' kinda day," tweeted Monica Lewinsky, the former White House intern whose relationship with former President Bill Clinton led to his impeachment in 1998.

Lewinsky didn't explicitly make it clear that she was referring to the hiring of Starr and his successor as independent counsel, Robert Ray, by Trump's team, but her name will forever be tied to Starr's in history. His investigation brought to light Lewinsky's involvement with Clinton, who was later impeached on charges of lying under oath to a federal grand jury and obstructing justice in the matter. He was later acquitted by the Senate in February 1999.

Lewinsky, who has struggled to maintain a private life following the affair, has only recently started to address her experience. In 2018, she agreed to take part in a documentary about the affair in order to ensure that her experience "never happens to another young person in our country again."
On Twitter, Lewinsky has become  vocal anti-bullying activist, regularly casting light on the problem of online abuse. She has also added widespread commentary on the #MeToo movement.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/17/politics/monica-lewinsky-ken-starr-senate/index.html
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline K-Dog

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
Re: I'm With Monica
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 05:39:22 PM »
Lewinsky offers colorful remark in apparent response to Starr joining Trump defense team

By Allison Gordon, CNN

"This is definitely an 'are you fucking kidding me?' kinda day," tweeted Monica Lewinsky, the former White House intern whose relationship with former President Bill Clinton led to his impeachment in 1998.

Lewinsky didn't explicitly make it clear that she was referring to the hiring of Starr and his successor as independent counsel, Robert Ray, by Trump's team, but her name will forever be tied to Starr's in history. His investigation brought to light Lewinsky's involvement with Clinton, who was later impeached on charges of lying under oath to a federal grand jury and obstructing justice in the matter. He was later acquitted by the Senate in February 1999.

Lewinsky, who has struggled to maintain a private life following the affair, has only recently started to address her experience. In 2018, she agreed to take part in a documentary about the affair in order to ensure that her experience "never happens to another young person in our country again."
On Twitter, Lewinsky has become  vocal anti-bullying activist, regularly casting light on the problem of online abuse. She has also added widespread commentary on the #MeToo movement.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/17/politics/monica-lewinsky-ken-starr-senate/index.html

I watched the whole Monica Lewinsky report on your link.  Is that what people call left-wing bias?  I certainly don't agree we should feel collective guilt about making fun of her weight.  I never did and any normal guy and a few others would have gladly have hit it had they the chance at the time and still wood 2.  Pretending otherwise is dishonest.

Ken Starr is disgusting all by himself.  He needs no help.  I hate haters.
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Online Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 06:59:53 PM »

By Allison Gordon, CNN

I watched the whole Monica Lewinsky report on your link.  Is that what people call left-wing bias?  I certainly don't agree we should feel collective guilt about making fun of her weight.  I never did and any normal guy and a few others would have gladly have hit it had they the chance at the time and still wood 2.  Pretending otherwise is dishonest.

What report? I just thought her remark was apropos and funny. I think it's interesting, the long list of slime ball lawyers Trump has rounded up....I  wonder if any of them will quit or be fired in the next two weeks.

Derschowitz is disgusting.....All those Fox News mouthpieces are dirtbags.

I have no opinion on Monica's grown-up self.....
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline K-Dog

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2020, 12:03:41 AM »

By Allison Gordon, CNN

What report? I just thought her remark was apropos and funny. I think it's interesting, the long list of slime ball lawyers Trump has rounded up....I  wonder if any of them will quit or be fired in the next two weeks.

Derschowitz is disgusting.....All those Fox News mouthpieces are dirtbags.

I have no opinion on Monica's grown-up self.....

The article had a video embed that spends three minutes of your time (which you will never get back) turning Monica into a poster girl for ME 2.

What do you mean Derschowitz is disgusting.  Derschowitz has been disgusting for a very long time.  Without his perpetual pissed off puss he probably would not ever get recognized.

Her remark is funny.

Remembering ME 2. Before Trump we were going into an America where just looking at a young woman's butt was heading in the direction of a class A misdemeanor.  Trump is bad butt..........
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.