AuthorTopic: Henry the 8th: 8 Years of Collapse on the Doomstead Diner  (Read 3886 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: Henry the 8th: 8 Years of Collapse on the Doomstead Diner
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2020, 12:56:13 PM »
it isn't just the money...for you it's always about the money...but for me it's about how I make the time....can I afford to pay my employees while I'm gone...

Oh good grief.  That is very EZ to resolve.  Retire & sell the Tooth Biz to a big Med Conglomerate.  ::)

RE

If I were lucky, I would get a year's pay out of that. I'd rather work for the same money, this year.

You just identified the problem.  You never think you have enough money, and so you never will have enough.  You always want MOAR.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2020, 01:13:01 PM »
it isn't just the money...for you it's always about the money...but for me it's about how I make the time....can I afford to pay my employees while I'm gone...

Oh good grief.  That is very EZ to resolve.  Retire & sell the Tooth Biz to a big Med Conglomerate.  ::)

RE

If I were lucky, I would get a year's pay out of that. I'd rather work for the same money, this year.

You just identified the problem.  You never think you have enough money, and so you never will have enough.  You always want MOAR.

RE

Oh good grief!

What I want  to have.....is the option of having an income, into the next few years. Once I quit, I won't be able to just jump back in on a whim. It doesn't work like that. I have a job..and it's the last job I'll have.....I'm not quite ready to hang it up. It's partly about the money, sure. But it's a huge step...and I'm only 64....and well able to work.

Most people are made redundant in this culture when they turn 65...if they work in government or industry. The option of work into older age is one of the perks of being self-employed. Might as well take advantage.

My most basic financial goals won't be met until I'm 70, anyway. I don't always need more, as you say.....but I do want to retire my major debts, at least.

Your financial advice is really appreciated,as a always.     ;D
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 01:55:43 PM by Eddie »
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2020, 01:46:37 PM »

My most basic financial goals won't be met until I'm 70, anyway. I don't always need more, as you say.....but I do want to retire my major debts, at least.

Assuming BAU continues another 6 years, by the time you are 70 and if still able to drill teeth, stand on your feet and your heart hasn't exploded from high blood pressure, you will raise the bar on your "financial goals" again.

Meanwhile, you will pay through the nose on your Taxes and you won't have time for that nice Hawaiian Vacation in a rental McMansion.  You will also be paying a good share of the bill for the MIC to bomb the living shit out of Syrians, Afghanis, Iranians and anybody else who still has Oil left in the ground.

I on the other hand will be Jet Setting around the globe and driving my Cripple Carts to the best restaurants I can search down on Google.  I can do this on a 1/10th of what you pay in taxes to Da Goobermint. I pay NOTHING for my Med Insurances either.

Your financial advice is appreciated though, of course.  ;D

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2020, 02:04:12 PM »

Assuming BAU continues another 6 years, by the time you are 70 and if still able to drill teeth, stand on your feet and your heart hasn't exploded from high blood pressure, you will raise the bar on your "financial goals" again.

Meanwhile, you will pay through the nose on your Taxes and you won't have time for that nice Hawaiian Vacation in a rental McMansion.  You will also be paying a good share of the bill for the MIC to bomb the living shit out of Syrians, Afghanis, Iranians and anybody else who still has Oil left in the ground.

I on the other hand will be Jet Setting around the globe and driving my Cripple Carts to the best restaurants I can search down on Google.  I can do this on a 1/10th of what you pay in taxes to Da Goobermint. I pay NOTHING for my Med Insurances either.

Your financial advice is appreciated though, of course.  ;D

RE

I do have a nice T-Shirt I got at the Hale'iwa Market, with a pineapple on it..the one time I was there.

The day of the earthquake.

I've got that memory to hang on to..     ;D

I'm thinking about some kind of short vaca in the next month or two..maybe a few days at Harbin, soaking in the hot spring. Nothing nearly as ambitious as your grand tour, of course.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2020, 03:21:36 PM »
I'm thinking about some kind of short vaca in the next month or two..maybe a few days at Harbin, soaking in the hot spring. Nothing nearly as ambitious as your grand tour, of course.

It's amazing what you can do if you have good financial acumen and know how to budget your money.  :icon_sunny:

I may fly down to Austin also on the way to another Excellent Dental Adventure in Old Mejico, where I also will stay in a FIRST CLASS hotel while I get some of my mouth rebuilt at a reasonable price from my Mexican Dentista.  ;D

When I hit Austin, you can take me out to a really nice high end restaurant you like.  You can pick the cuisine type. lol.  ;D

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2020, 03:52:17 PM »
Can and will do. Or we can grill.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2020, 04:02:33 PM »
Can and will do. Or we can grill.

We can do BOTH! lol,  :icon_sunny:

On this excursion from the Last Great Frontier, it will last about 2 weeks.  A week south of the border for the mouth rebuild, and the other week hovering around Austin on my way in and out.

I will find a good Bates Motel in Austin to stay at on both ends of the trip, probably one near your Tooth Biz, maybe even within riding distance for my EV.  So we will have at least 2 nights to argue finance, collapse, and of course I will drink heavily, as usual. lol.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🥯 The Great Liver Pate & Biochemistry Debate Revisited.
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2020, 05:21:44 AM »
In this video, I once and for all demolish Eddie's accusations that I don't know how to can food and that I would die of Botulism if I ate my canned Liver Pate.  :icon_sunny:

RE

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ufnU4jh2EgM" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ufnU4jh2EgM</a>
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 06:20:16 AM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🥯 Kosher or Not Kosher? Politics, Economics & Religion in Collapse
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2020, 10:47:43 AM »
Can you win the BIG PRIZE the Diner is offering up in this video?  An All Expense Paid R/T Ticket to Alaska to visit with RE and check out the Last Great Frontier.

RE

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/C0sqTSd4dTM" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/C0sqTSd4dTM</a>
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Kosher or Not Kosher? Politics, Economics & Religion in Collapse
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2020, 02:09:49 PM »

youtube-Logo-4gc2reddit-logoOff the keyboard, microphone & camera of RE

Follow us on Twitter @doomstead666

Friend us on Facebook

Published on The Doomstead Diner  February 23, 2020

Discuss this Video & Article at the Diner 8th Anniversary Table inside the Diner

I often get the critique on my articles and the Newz links I post up with "How is this related to Collapse"?  I am sure this video and article will be one such occasion.  lol.  I mean really, HTF is Kosher food related to Collapse, right?

Well, here I demonstrate how it is related to Political, Economic and Religious Conflict we have ongoing, mostly in the FSoA but in fact globally as well.  You will have to watch the video to find out how this all ties together.

Beyond that though, in this video the Doomstead Diner is offering a ONCE IN A LIFETIME opportunity for an ALL EXPENSES PAID vacation in Alaska for Qualfied Diners! ūüôā  To qualify, you have to have an income below $30,000 and live somewhere on the North American continent.  To WIN this fabulous vacation (at a time of your choosing), you must correctly identify every dish on the table as Kosher or Not Kosher.

Will we get a WINNER in this contest?  The offer expires on the Ides of March.

BEWARE THE IDES OF MARCH

Image result for ides of march

Bonus Video: An EZ & Quick Recipe for a Chicken Liver Pate almost as good as Grandma used to make!

Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Kosher or Not Kosher? Politics, Economics & Religion in Collapse
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2020, 08:44:30 AM »
Now UP on GEI!!!  :icon_sunny:

Interestingly, even though 37 Diners have viewed this Vid already, not a single one has dropped in to make a stab at winning the GRAND PRIZE of an All-Expenses-Paid Vacation in Alaska!  ???  :icon_scratch:

I mean really, there is no risk here.  Just take a stab at it.  Well, if you are RICH and have an income above $30K a year, you don't have to bother.  You can afford this Chump Change yourself, I'm not going to pay for RICH people to come here for a visit, that's for sure.

RE

posted on 25 February 2020

More Crazy Celebration Activities At The Doomstead Diner

by Reverse Engineer, Doomstead Diner

Kosher or Not Kosher? Politics, Economics & Religion in Collapse

Name your poison and win a trip to Alaska.

John B. Lounsbury Ph.D. CFP

Managing Editor Econintersect.com

Senior Contributor TheStreet.com

Highly ranked author Seeking Alpha

« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 08:48:00 AM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
🛫 RE is Leaving on a Jet Plane FIRST CLASS
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2020, 05:27:00 PM »
"All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go..."

T-4 hours & Counting for the Excellent Medical Adventure to Seattle!  :icon_sunny:

This is likely my last post before I make it through the Gauntlet of Gropers in TSA Security and settle in the FIRST CLASS Lounge to wait for boarding time.  I get DOUBLE Boarding Priority, because I am both traveling FIRST CLASS and I am a CRIPPLE! lol.  I'll probably be on the plane before the fucking Pilot!  lol.

I have a special video series and Blog all mapped out in my head for this Jet Setting trip to finish out the Diner 8th Anniversary month.  No further hints on that, but it is Coming Soon to a Laptop Near You.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/KHaeAQpoR8I" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/KHaeAQpoR8I</a>

John Denver wrote the tune, but Peter, Paul & Mary had the biggest hit with it.

RE
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 05:28:54 PM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 🛫 RE is Leaving on a Jet Plane FIRST CLASS
« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2020, 01:38:35 AM »
Made it through TSA Security, had an overpriced airport restaurant appetizer (King Crab Nuggets) and a Beer, and now sitting at the gate waiting for Boarding in about an hour.

Should be on time to Seattle arriving at 6:15 AM.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2020, 11:19:10 PM »
Arrived safely in Seattle, and I will say traveling without the Cripple Cart is WAY easier.  Unless I am Jet Setting for more than 2 Weeks, no more CC on the plane!

It still was exhausting though, I was up for at least 36 hours without sleep.  I paid an extra $25 to check-in early at the Bates Motel and crash after K-Dog and I had breakfast.

Tomorrow is the appointment with the Pro from Dover, and I am not real hopeful on this, but it was worth a shot and besides it's an excuse to visit with K-Dog and George Mobus.

I'll be pretty scarce around here for the next week.

RE
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 01:57:37 AM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2020, 02:42:14 AM »
Arrived safely in Seattle, and I will say traveling without the Cripple Cart is WAY easier.  Unless I am Jet Setting for more than 2 Weeks, no more CC on the plane!

It still was exhausting though, I was up for at least 36 hours without sleep.  I paid an extra $25 to check-in early at the Bates Motel and crash after K-Dog and I had breakfast.

Tomorrow is the appointment with the Pro from Dover, and I am not real hopeful on this, but it was worth a shot and besides it's an excuse to visit with K-Dog and George Mobus.

I'll be pretty scarce around here for the next week.

RE

Have fun & be sure to have a cup of Ivar's chowdaaaah for the rest of us.

Dawg ! Don't let him croak on your watch  :icon_mrgreen:  Adult day care doesn't pay like it should  :coffee:
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind