AuthorTopic: A self-proclaimed independent country in the Nevada desert.  (Read 265 times)

Offline azozeo

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
A self-proclaimed independent country in the Nevada desert.
« on: January 31, 2020, 08:41:40 AM »

Go Inside the Quirky “Micronation” of Molossia
Drawn to its self-aware eccentricities, photographer Amy Lombard visits the Republic of Molossia, a self-proclaimed independent country in the Nevada desert.

The nearest international border to Carson City, Nevada, is neither 239 miles to the north in New Pine Creek, Canada, nor is it 541 miles south, near Tijuana. It’s only about 30 minutes east of the city and a left off U.S. Route 50. There, on a small plot of land ensconced in Dayton Valley, sits the heart of the self-proclaimed Republic of Molossia, a micronation complete with customs office, currency, navy, postal service, rocket program—and president.

“When I first heard of it,” says photographer Amy Lombard, “I was like, ‘Wow, only in Nevada.’” And for Lombard, that was a big part of the appeal. “I’m one of those people who’s in Nevada way more than anyone should be. I’m always getting sent out there for stories.” Drawn to under-the-radar and misunderstood aspects of American culture, she filed the micronation away as another of the state’s quirky hidden treasures, marking it down as a place she’d need to visit some day.

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/go-inside-the-quirky-micronation-of-molossia-through-these-brilliant-photos?utm_source=pocket-newtab
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you’re here. You’re here because you know something. What you know you can’t explain, but you feel it. You’ve felt it your entire life, that there’s something wrong with the world.
You don’t know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind