AuthorTopic: Dear Diner...and a Special Message to Knarf  (Read 416 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: Dear Diner...and a Special Message to Knarf
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2020, 05:35:05 PM »
And if you, dear reader, have come upon this site for the first time.....my advice is.....use your own common sense to figure out what's worth reading and what isn't.

I liked your posts Eddie, and the real world activities you often post about. I've often wondered what goes on in the background, that can't be seen by regular users because of disappearing posts, threads or topics that disappear after awhile. I can remember the discussion, I go back and root around and...vanished. I hope that doesn't happen to your stuff after you leave, you posted some interesting stuff over the years.

A LURKER surfaces!  LOL.  :icon_sunny:

Trust me, Eddie's posts will never vanish.  Only I can do that, Eddie can't even do it for his own posts.  That is the POWER OF ADMIN.  Power of GOD on a forum.

I also have backup copies I take of the database about once a month, and K-Dog is working on his system.  When it is ready, we will migrate the whole fucking database onto that platform, and it is fucking HUGE.  lol.

RE
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 05:38:16 PM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Surly1

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2020, 02:39:22 AM »

You ever get your posting re-written by Jimbo on TBP?

You know, I actually DID once..and I took the same. approach I usually take,  I called out the fake post he made in my name and invited whoever did it to to look me up in  the real world so we could talk about it face-to-face.......instead of taking advantage and using their admin power to take a cheap shot. I got no response, but it never happened again.

Not sure if you guys know, but Stucky just lost his wife....that little spitfire psychologist he married...that he obviously loved so much. I remember her. She came on the TBP forum comments once to stand up for him on something. She seemed like a class act to me. I log on once a year and leave a comment, usually around the holidays. That's how I found out.

That's a pity. Stuck was one of the few creatures there with recognizably human DNA.
"...reprehensible lying communist..."

Offline AJ

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2020, 03:15:14 AM »
I dont really like the cut and paste stuff that comes without any kind of setup by the poster. What caught your eye? Do you find it credible? Why? How does it fit into the larger point of view?  There are endless compiler sites out there. Without a frame of reference there is nothing to keep you here and with time it becomes generic crud.
Amen (from the atheist!) Amen! :emthup: :emthup:
AJ
Nullis in Verba

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2020, 05:27:27 AM »
I dont really like the cut and paste stuff that comes without any kind of setup by the poster. What caught your eye? Do you find it credible? Why? How does it fit into the larger point of view?  There are endless compiler sites out there. Without a frame of reference there is nothing to keep you here and with time it becomes generic crud.
AJ

I was an Atheist for most of my life.  I was born & dedicated into the Unitarian-Universalist church, and being an Atheist was OK with them.  Very liberal religion, lol.  I became aware of the question of whether God exists or not around the age of 5 or so before we moved to Brazil.  When we arrived there were no Unitarian churches, and so we joined a congregation of Presbyterians.  It was there I had my first long arguments about God with the Minister.  lol.  I was 7 years old.

But then, sometime in my 50s, I had my first Visit from an Emissary from the Great Beyond.  Call it an Angel if you want to, whatever name suits you.  I have had several visits since, although they blur because your mind doesn't hold them well.  Suffie it to say though, I am no longer an Atheist.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Online Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2020, 08:24:17 AM »
And if you, dear reader, have come upon this site for the first time.....my advice is.....use your own common sense to figure out what's worth reading and what isn't.

I liked your posts Eddie, and the real world activities you often post about. I've often wondered what goes on in the background, that can't be seen by regular users because of disappearing posts, threads or topics that disappear after awhile. I can remember the discussion, I go back and root around and...vanished. I hope that doesn't happen to your stuff after you leave, you posted some interesting stuff over the years.

Thanks.....I'll probably hang around. Just got a little frustrated. It's really good of you to let me know. I do appreciate the shout out very much.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Online Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2020, 08:38:06 AM »
AJ

Thanks, AJ.

Atheists are always the smart funny people.....been watching a ton of Chris Hitchens lately.

I'm guessing his consciousness is not gone.....I think it takes many lives to get to that level.        ;D
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 11:23:16 AM by Eddie »

Online Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2020, 08:39:05 AM »
Thanks David.

Offline Surly1

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2020, 09:03:39 AM »

But then, sometime in my 50s, I had my first Visit from an Emissary from the Great Beyond.  Call it an Angel if you want to, whatever name suits you.  I have had several visits since, although they blur because your mind doesn't hold them well.  Suffie it to say though, I am no longer an Atheist.

RE

Now THAT is a subject for a blog post.
"...reprehensible lying communist..."

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2020, 09:11:05 AM »

RE

Now THAT is a subject for a blog post.

LOL.  Perhaps at some point, but it is an almost impossible experience to write about.

RE
Save As Many As You Can