AuthorTopic: DD Favorite Art Gallery  (Read 41573 times)

Offline K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
Re: DD Favorite Art Gallery
« Reply #210 on: November 22, 2018, 11:56:10 AM »
Great Pics as always GO!
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: DD Favorite Art Gallery - Happy Holidays to All Diners
« Reply #211 on: December 24, 2018, 04:54:25 AM »
Another wonderful year draws to a close and let's be thankful doom has spared us again from what we all fear. :emthup: :icon_sunny:

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 24, 2018, 05:09:00 AM »
Great Pics as always GO!

Just noticed this when posting my latest K-Dog. Sorry I missed it at Thanksgiving.

Thanks for the compliment but I'm reminded of the American Indian portfolio of photos you published during the pipeline protest. Those were "Spectacular!"                                                  Thanks again and regards, GO

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: DD Favorite Art Gallery - Paul Klee
« Reply #213 on: January 13, 2019, 04:52:35 AM »

"Color has taken possession of me; no longer do I have to chase after it. I know that it has hold of me forever... Color and I are one. I am a painter."

-Paul Klee

The Red Balloon

Highways and Byways

Fish Image

Monument

Still Life

A Kind of Cat

Characters in Yellow

Rock Chamber

Dear Readers, Left clicking on most of these image will increase their size if you wish closer study of the master works of this master abstract artist.

Hope you enjoy your Sunday Morning  :icon_sunny:

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 15, 2019, 05:01:54 AM »
 I became aware of Sister Wendy's death this morning and have had that empty, sad, almost tearful recollection of her just pass.

What an educator and wonderful person. A woman truly inspired to bring Art and it's wonders to everyone.

Saying I was a fan of the famous Carmelite Nun would be understatement, since owning and relishing every book she has ever written as well as every video and PBS show. My mind now has me back in Grammar school with the different nuns who devoted their life to educating kids and preparing them to make their way through life.

It took me so many years to realize the difference between a job and a vocation. Strange the effect a single stranger can have on you in this world, heh Diners. 

http://www.dailyartmagazine.com/tribute-sister-wendy-beckett/  :( :(

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: DD Favorite Art Gallery - SISTER WENDY - Las Minias - Velasquez
« Reply #215 on: January 15, 2019, 05:21:37 AM »

Las Meninas is a 1656 painting in the Museo del Prado in Madrid, by Diego Velázquez, the leading artist of the Spanish Golden Age. Its complex and enigmatic composition raises questions about reality and illusion, and creates an uncertain relationship between the viewer and the figures depicted. Because of these complexities, Las Meninas has been one of the most widely analyzed works in Western painting.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/CMvBZSeeS1k" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/CMvBZSeeS1k</a>

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: DD Favorite Art Gallery - Wassily Kandinsky
« Reply #216 on: January 19, 2019, 10:24:56 PM »

"The sound of colors is so definite that it would be hard to find anyone who would express bright yellow with base notes, or dark lake with the treble."

-Wassily Kandinsky

Autumn in Murnau

White sound   

Winter Landscape

Improvisation 31 (Sea Battle)   

Contrasting sounds

The creator of the first modern abstract paintings, Wassily Kandinsky was an influential Russian painter and art theorist. In his youth, he studied law and economics at the University of Moscow, and was later hired as a professor of Roman law at the University of Dorpat in Estonia. He was 30 years old when he began his studies in painting, focusing on life drawing, sketching, and anatomy, at the University of Munich.

He was not immediately accepted into the school as an art student, and so in the meantime he began learning art by himself, gaining artistic insight from Monet’s Haystacks and Richard Wagner’s composition Lohengrin. He was also influenced by the teachings of anthroposophy

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #217 on: January 20, 2019, 04:04:11 AM »

[size=12t]"The sound of colors is so definite that it would be hard to find anyone who would express bright yellow with base notes, or dark lake with the treble."[/size]

-Wassily Kandinsky

Just love it when you post this stuff. Kandinsky is not someone I have ever spent much time with.
Breath of fresh air. Thanks, GO.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 20, 2019, 05:00:40 AM »

[size=12t]"The sound of colors is so definite that it would be hard to find anyone who would express bright yellow with base notes, or dark lake with the treble."[/size]

-Wassily Kandinsky

Just love it when you post this stuff. Kandinsky is not someone I have ever spent much time with.
Breath of fresh air. Thanks, GO.

Gald you enjoyed it Surly. He is quite remarkable.

The internet and my PC were the best things that ever happened to me.
Spend at least an hour a day looking at art works. What a gift technology can be as well as a curse I guess.

I have piles of Art books, the large cumbersome kind that are as obsolete now as the floppy disc.  I cannot bring myself to throw them out, despite the constant prodding from the old lady. She claims I'm a hoarder, calls all my hoarded goods junk.   :-[

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #219 on: January 20, 2019, 05:32:39 AM »
Quote from: GO
I have piles of Art books, the large cumbersome kind that are as obsolete now as the floppy disc.  I cannot bring myself to throw them out, despite the constant prodding from the old lady. She claims I'm a hoarder, calls all my hoarded goods junk.   :-[

If that's a curse, I share it with you. I no longer have room to store all my books in my house, and have a bunch in storage. This is after several purges. Books are like old friends, and as we get older we are loathe to lose either.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound