AuthorTopic: Update From Dr. John Campbell for Wednesday March 18th  (Read 192 times)

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Update From Dr. John Campbell for Wednesday March 18th
« on: March 18, 2020, 12:26:35 PM »
Dr. Campbell says the news from Lombardi is encouraging.The numbers still look pretty bad to me, but maybe he's right.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/urPjrPBKZy4&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/urPjrPBKZy4&fs=1</a>

What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Update From Dr. John Campbell for Wednesday March 18th
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 12:40:17 PM »
At about the 14 minute mark Dr. C talks about how he was surprised that the virus spread to Italy and Europe from China...instead of spreading through western Asian countries with high poverty and little healthcare first.

Frankly, this surprises me a lot also....and furthermore I would postulate that there are GOOD REASONS for this......that are not yet understood. This is part of why I'm not ready to completely dismiss the notion that climate factors might be at play. There is SOMETHING going on...although these countries are starting to see the cases show up.

Offline Nearingsfault

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 12:53:07 PM »
At about the 14 minute mark Dr. C talks about how he was surprised that the virus spread to Italy and Europe from China...instead of spreading through western Asian countries with high poverty and little healthcare first.

Frankly, this surprises me a lot also....and furthermore I would postulate that there are GOOD REASONS for this......that are not yet understood. This is part of why I'm not ready to completely dismiss the notion that climate factors might be at play. There is SOMETHING going on...although these countries are starting to see the cases show up.
I see the simplest answer as rich western tourists caught it and got on planes before it could slowly migrate geographically towards those poor countries.
If its important then try something, fail, disect, learn from it, try again, and again and again until it kills you or you succeed.

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2020, 01:06:36 PM »
Quite possible.