AuthorTopic: Getting a conceptual and theoretical handle on bailouts  (Read 927 times)

Offline luciddreams

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
Re: Getting a conceptual and theoretical handle on bailouts
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2020, 05:04:41 AM »
The question of why post petroleum transition initiatives failed is a very good one.  I have a lot to say on the matter from an anecdotal perspective.  Since the title of this thread is about economics and bailouts I think it may be fitting to start a thread specifically about the past failure of transition.  Which really started in the 70's with the appropriate tech movement. 

New thread coming soon. 

Offline JRM

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2020, 06:37:21 AM »
The question of why post petroleum transition initiatives failed is a very good one.  I have a lot to say on the matter from an anecdotal perspective.  Since the title of this thread is about economics and bailouts I think it may be fitting to start a thread specifically about the past failure of transition.  Which really started in the 70's with the appropriate tech movement. 

New thread coming soon.

Good idea!
My "avatar" graphic is Japanese calligraphy (shodō) forming the word shoshin, meaning "beginner's mind". --  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoshin -- It is with shoshin that I am now and always "meeting my breath" for the first time. Try it!

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2020, 01:19:50 PM »
So I went to check out his blog and saw this:

csper.wordpress.com is no longer available.

This site has been archived or suspended for a violation of our Terms of Service.
For more information and to contact us please read this support document.

Any insight? Based on that first video, I can understand why having a guy like him running around would be as uncomfortable for some as John Perkins writing and publishing.

There are six videos in his series, I think. He was a blogger and one of the earlier guys to use YT to try to teach a broad audience about the problems with money, wealth inequality, the banking cartel...etc, etc.

He worked really hard for two or three years, but when he didn't spark any kind of real movement, he decided he was wasting his time. I have often wondered what became of him. I see to remember that he might have turned away from the secular world and toward more spiritual pursuits.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2020, 01:29:51 PM »
Retired well pensioner midmanagers, teachers, lawyers, social workers do not have the same priorities as people who work in trades or farm or ranch who must keep working or else..

Exact same experience........ but also I (and a couple others) got tired of the same sort of retirees and public employees regarding prepping as "survivalism" (intended as a pejorative) , which caught me unaware.....I though we were all trying to become more resilient.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2020, 02:58:09 PM »
So I went to check out his blog and saw this:

csper.wordpress.com is no longer available.

This site has been archived or suspended for a violation of our Terms of Service.
For more information and to contact us please read this support document.

Any insight? Based on that first video, I can understand why having a guy like him running around would be as uncomfortable for some as John Perkins writing and publishing.

There are six videos in his series, I think. He was a blogger and one of the earlier guys to use YT to try to teach a broad audience about the problems with money, wealth inequality, the banking cartel...etc, etc.

He worked really hard for two or three years, but when he didn't spark any kind of real movement, he decided he was wasting his time. I have often wondered what became of him. I see to remember that he might have turned away from the secular world and toward more spiritual pursuits.

My own search seems the same as yours. Except that aside from a couple of mentions, he seems to have disappeared. Which is a pity. This is his moment,
"Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world's grief. Do justly now, love mercy now, walk humbly now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it."