AuthorTopic: Amazing Recipes!  (Read 163 times)

Offline JRM

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Amazing Recipes!
« on: May 01, 2020, 08:31:28 PM »
Please share your amazing recipes here.
My "avatar" graphic is Japanese calligraphy (shodō) forming the word shoshin, meaning "beginner's mind". --  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoshin -- It is with shoshin that I am now and always "meeting my breath" for the first time. Try it!

Offline JRM

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Amazing Recipes!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2020, 08:49:52 PM »
The following is an American sandwich, and won't be understood by many living outside of the red, white, blue, apple pie and Chevrolet.

Snowflake Sandwich

Begin with the finest Kalamata olive bread.  Toast very lightly, as not to brown the bread in the slightest while warming it and giving it a sense of the harsh world out there which it might experience were it not Kalamata bread dribbled lightly with extra virgin olive oil.

One pinch each slice of freshly gathered snow flakes, or -- under harsh conditions or in the case of summer -- snowflakes kept in the freezer.

Mash up some avocados--one or two, but ideally 1.5. Dribble in some extra virgin avocado oil and stir in carefully as not to bruise the fruit or otherwise hurt its delicate, tender feelings.  Add a very light sprinkling, just a few drops, of freshly squeezed toasted sesame oil.  Dash with a hint of smoked paprika and a tiny pinch of fresh French tarragon. Never overdo the tarragon!  The tiniest pinch of spearmint can be added at this point, provided it has lived its entire life in the best loamy soil and dappled shade, preferably in a half-whisky barrel. Salt to taste, using sea salt gathered in India at the famous site of Gandhi's Salt March destination. And your taste must be my taste! Toss ten grains of salt over your left shoulder for each grain going on your sandwich.

Slather two slices of lightly toasted Kalamata bread with garlic butter and the avocado mix.  Top with freshly picked arugula.

Serve.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 08:59:43 PM by JRM »
My "avatar" graphic is Japanese calligraphy (shodō) forming the word shoshin, meaning "beginner's mind". --  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoshin -- It is with shoshin that I am now and always "meeting my breath" for the first time. Try it!