AuthorTopic: The Jordan F. Peterson Bleach Enema Thread  (Read 446 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: The Jordan F. Peterson Bleach Enema Thread
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2020, 12:39:19 PM »
Less is more.

But go for it, and I'll be there to disagree, with a cogent argument......but frankly, I'm as tired of this subject as Surly is, and if JRM hadn't gotten his panties so twisted arnd decided to come after me, I'd have never mentioned JP at all. He is a celebrity, and you can read his books, or not....You can believe the giant manure piles of  criticism by the people who want to make him out to be things he isn't...and believe whatever you want.

I notice he has gone walkabout. Easier than actually gardening and feeding himself.......still waiting for HIS garden pics...and his water catchment pics. I'm sure they'll be forthcoming......yeah. Soon.

JRM was getting HAMMERED from both sides.  He also made a huge number of unsubstantiated claims, as you indicate.  Besides no Pics though to verify his bonafides as a Certified Permie, he also claims he is in tight with the folks at Resilience.org and he ALMOST got together 2 Big Shot scientists to discuss...something, I forget what the topic was.  Also he was going to write a long article for publication by Resilience.org.  I'm still waiting to read that article.  Much like waiting for Moriarty to link to his vast number of Energy Shill Academic Papers.  ::)

So, he is Walkabout, as is Moriarty.  This sort of nonsense doesn't play well on the Diner.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline luciddreams

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2020, 01:02:17 PM »
Thanks for that Surly.  I appreciate your well thought out response. 

I'm not really very interested in stoking the flames of JP here.  I'm just not that interested in the man.  I had never heard of him before he came up on the Diner.  Sometimes it's like I'm willingly hiding under a rock where current events and social critics are concerned.  I'm becoming more and more interested in evolutionary psychology and anthropology in general.  It seems to me that the topics holds a lot of truth. 

As I've said the gender pronoun issue isn't much of an issue for me.  I do have compassion for those who have to go through life with identities that are so queer.  That's not a value judgement on my part.  Transgenders have always been interesting to me.  I've known a few.  I guess I just feel that he and she as pronouns should relate to a person's biological sex.  I'm not saying that the lgbtq community should not be protected by laws.  They should be.  I just feel we should live and let live.  I don't think that the lgbtq community are endangering anything about our society.  A grown adult should be able to express themselves however they see fit.  Their sex organs should be covered in public no matter the orientation.  That's mostly for our children's benefit. 

But yeah, thanks for the response. 

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2020, 01:15:49 PM »

I'm not really very interested in stoking the flames of JP here.  I'm just not that interested in the man.  I had never heard of him before he came up on the Diner.

You're not the only one.  I never heard of him before the Diner either.

Basically he gets attention from the two opposite poles, those who like what he says because it gives them confirmation of a bias they already have and those who hate him because the implications of what he says are so abhorrent, yet couched in pseudo-intellectual Jungian mythology, which itself is total bullshit.

If I wanna listen to somebody with JPs spin who is erudite and had an even more extensive vocabulary, I'll go back and watch old episodes of William F. Buckley Jr. on Firing Line.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/yzuCeAkpbRI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/yzuCeAkpbRI</a>

RE
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 01:27:58 PM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2020, 01:27:53 PM »
I'm becoming more and more interested in evolutionary psychology and anthropology in general.  It seems to me that the topics holds a lot of truth. 

Bret Weinstein might be on your radar. Although the video does mention the campus political situation that ended up with him having to  (successfully) sue Evergreeen......the more interesting part is his brother telling the story of how someone he considered a mentor in science stole one of his original ideas and then took the Nobel..and never credited his work.

Bret is incredibly humble and down-to-earth....but he is a genius in evolutionary biology..Eric is an academic mathematician who somehow ended up working for Peter Thiele's venture capital group. 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/JLb5hZLw44s&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/JLb5hZLw44s&fs=1</a>

What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2020, 01:29:31 PM »

I'm not really very interested in stoking the flames of JP here.  I'm just not that interested in the man.  I had never heard of him before he came up on the Diner.

You're not the only one.  I never heard of him before the Diner either.

Basically he gets attention from the two opposite poles, those who like what he says because it gives them confirmation of a bias they already have and those who hate him because the implications of what he says are so abhorrent, yet couched in pseudo-intellectual Jungian mythology, which itself is total bullshit.

If I wanna listen to somebody with JPs spin who is erudite and had an even more extensive vocabulary, I'll go back and watch old episodes of William F. Buckley Jr. on Firing Line.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/yzuCeAkpbRI" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/yzuCeAkpbRI</a>

RE

Ad hom and full of self-aggrandizing bullshit. Hitting the sauce early?
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2020, 01:41:12 PM »
Ad hom and full of self-aggrandizing bullshit. Hitting the sauce early?

How is it ad hom?  I didn't name anybody.   ;D

Far as drinking goes, it's the last thing I do before I go to sleep and the first thing I do when I wake up.  lol.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline luciddreams

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2020, 01:50:44 PM »
Interesting that in the Wiki article on Bret Weinstein JP comes up  ;)

Following his resignation from Evergreen, he appeared on Sam Harris's podcast,[22] Joe Rogan's podcast multiple times, and he moderated two debates between Jordan Peterson and Sam Harris.[23] He appears in No Safe Spaces, which documents the Evergreen incidents.[24] Weinstein's brother, Eric Weinstein, coined the term the "Intellectual Dark Web", and described Weinstein as a member. The term refers to a group of academics and media personalities who publish outside of mainstream media.[25][26][27][28]

In June 2019, Weinstein began the DarkHorse Podcast.[29]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bret_Weinstein

He sounds interesting.  I'll definitely look into him.  I'll probably start with the Rogan podcasts he appeared in.  I occasionally listen to Joe Rogan's podcast anyways.  I'm taking a load from Atlanta to Dallas that delivers Wednesday morning.  I'll check him out during that trip. 

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2020, 02:07:21 PM »
I'm taking a load from Atlanta to Dallas that delivers Wednesday morning.  I'll check him out during that trip.

You and Eddie should meet up!  Stay 10' apart and wear masks though. lol.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2020, 02:51:16 PM »
Less is more.

But go for it, and I'll be there to disagree, with a cogent argument......but frankly, I'm as tired of this subject as Surly is, and if JRM hadn't gotten his panties so twisted arnd decided to come after me, I'd have never mentioned JP at all. He is a celebrity, and you can read his books, or not....

If it were a simple as reading his books, none of this would have had to happen. Having dipped into the one book, as I wrote there is really not much to argue with. Some straightforward ďget your shit togetherď self-help. But it is the people will want to turn him into a God that are the problem.

I would be perfectly happy if these were the last words I ever wrote on the subject.
"Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world's grief. Do justly now, love mercy now, walk humbly now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it."

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2020, 02:53:52 PM »

I could go on. But why? It would test patience. Suffice it to say I've got more, if more is needed.

Blog Article!

RE

See my previous post. I donít think so. This really does not interest me at all. The only reason I wrote what I did is that LD asked, and I felt like I owed him an answer. And it needed to be to something not flip and  off the cuff.
"Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world's grief. Do justly now, love mercy now, walk humbly now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it."

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2020, 03:01:14 PM »

I could go on. But why? It would test patience. Suffice it to say I've got more, if more is needed.

Blog Article!

RE

See my previous post. I donít think so. This really does not interest me at all. The only reason I wrote what I did is that LD asked, and I felt like I owed him an answer. And it needed to be to something not flip and  off the cuff.

Not a problem.  JP is a distraction to the deeper issues of Collapse.  However, given the attention he gets and the outcomes of it, there are also reasons to address the issue.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline luciddreams

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2020, 03:05:53 PM »

Blog Article!

RE

I'd like to see a blog article on why there is no decent candidate for POTUS.  It's an obvious problem.  It almost feels like the end of the Murikan political system to me.  I'd write it myself, but I don't understand the current state of politics enough. 

It just irks me.  Why is there no chance to vote for someone intelligent and decent?  Is it just the nature of the position?  Are the vested interests just too entrenched?  Is it just that no serious contender is interested? 

It seems to me like there is a huge vacuum that one person could fill.  It could be filled well.  Are there no statesmen out there interested?  It seems to me like there are some very good reasons why nobody serious from either party is being offered up.  Our choices are four more years of Dump, or Biden?  Obviously Biden would be better, but I'm not so sure by how many degrees.  He's got an inherent need to stick his foot in his mouth.  Somebody in Biden's shoes should be better than that. 

I don't know...it's confusing to me. 

Offline luciddreams

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2020, 03:08:59 PM »

Blog Article!

RE

Not a problem.  JP is a distraction to the deeper issues of Collapse.  However, given the attention he gets and the outcomes of it, there are also reasons to address the issue.

RE

Why don't you write the article RE?  I think there are enough issues surrounding JP.  Surly hit on a lot of them.  Eddie seems to like the guy.  I think the main point, which Surly pointed out, is not so  much about JP but about the people who use him for their causes. 

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2020, 03:16:35 PM »
Why don't you write the article RE?  I think there are enough issues surrounding JP.  Surly hit on a lot of them.  Eddie seems to like the guy.  I think the main point, which Surly pointed out, is not so  much about JP but about the people who use him for their causes.

A few reasons.  As I said, I consider this a distraction to more important issues of Collapse.  Besides that, I only have so much time in the day.  Recording and editing my videos takes quite a bit of time.  Then I also have to cook and pitch out my advice on how to do it on a SNAP Card (or less) budget and still come out with restaurant quality meals..  Then I also have to sleep and spend time on the Throne every day emptying my bladder and colon.  lol.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline knarf

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/laheAXdZK7w&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/laheAXdZK7w&fs=1</a>

Article : What Happened to Jordan Peterson?

https://newrepublic.com/article/156829/happened-jordan-peterson
Mark Twain ó 'There are many humorous things in the world; among them, the white man's notion that he is less savage than the other savages.'