AuthorTopic: Jeff Bezos: Coronavirus Has Been Very, Very Good To Me  (Read 73 times)

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Jeff Bezos: Coronavirus Has Been Very, Very Good To Me
« on: June 05, 2020, 07:27:50 AM »
No, of course he didn't say that, But it has been good for Amazon...absolutely no doubt...even though they got some blowback for making employees sick.

As a reminder that collapses are always uneven and that some places do batter than others....I just read this... Amazon is leasing nearly a half-million square feet about a block from my office. Should help a little with our local recovery, I think.

Amazon reportedly leasing 441,000 square-foot campus in Round Rock

The campus is located off of I-35 and Old Settlers Boulevard.

Round Rock named one of best U.S. cities to live in

Author: Sammy Turner (KVUE)
Published: 2:36 PM CDT June 4, 2020

ROUND ROCK, Texas — Editor's note: The attached video was published on April 17.
Amazon has leased more than 441,00 square feet in Round Rock as a distribution center, according to a report from the Austin Business Journal.
Amazon is reportedly taking the Transwestern Development Company's three-building Chisholm Trail Trade Center campus as a part of the deal. The campus is located off of I-35 and Old Settlers Boulevard.

According to the report, the smaller two buildings will be used as parking for employee and delivery vehicles. These two buildings total 260,970 square feet.

The third building will reportedly be used as the campus' distribution center. The third building is 180,550 square feet.

According to the report, this new lease is not surprising as demands for delivery continue to rise during the COVID-19 pandemic. The report also said this is one of the largest industrial leases to take place in the Austin area.

Austin Business Journal said representatives from Transwestern declined to comment and Amazon did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

https://www.kvue.com/article/money/economy/boomtown-2040/amazon-round-rock-campus-lease/269-f5c51c83-f1a9-4117-ac78-faec222e5cd1
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.