AuthorTopic: Texas DPS Chief Blames Antifa For Looting Target In Austin  (Read 179 times)

Online Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Texas DPS Chief Blames Antifa For Looting Target In Austin
« on: June 03, 2020, 06:24:37 AM »
FYI, fwiw. I am not  sure if this guy is right, but he is the head of the state police, and I assume he has some evidence at least.

Texas DPS Director Says Protest, Looting Of Target Store Organized By Antifa

By Jack FinkJune 2, 2020 at 6:38 pmFiled Under:Antifa, Col. Steve McCraw, Dallas, dps, George Floyd, looters, Looting, Protests, Texas, Texas Department of Public Safety, Texas Rangers, Vandalism, Violence

DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – The top law enforcement officer in Texas said Tuesday there’s evidence members of the group Antifa took part in some of the looting and vandalism in the state over the weekend.

At a news conference at Dallas City Hall, the Director of the Texas Department of Public Safety, Col. Steve McCraw said, “The protest and looting of Target in Austin that was done and organized by an Antifa web page and of course, the surveillance that was provided over the internet identifying where law enforcement resources were staged, was done over Antifa accounts.”

When asked if there’s any evidence of Antifa activity in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, he said, “There’s evidence of Antifa, yes.”

But Col. McCraw wouldn’t get into specifics.

He said Antifa is a very loosely-knit group, with no hierarchy, and that members self-identify.

McCraw said he’s heard of reports that white supremacists were involved in some of the criminal activity, but he hasn’t seen it yet.

Governor Abbott Won’t Ask US Military To Come To Texas

The Texas Rangers, along with special agents with Texas DPS he said are working with the FBI and federal prosecutors to pursue all agitators who crossed state lines to incite violence and looting.

“I don’t mind advertising this. We do have special agents embedded trying to identify criminals that are leveraging these or using these as an opportunity exploiting these demonstrations, identifying them and we’ve already identified some of them and we will be arresting them, but not at this particular moment.”

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2020/06/02/texas-dps-director-steve-mccraw-protest-looting-target-store-organized-antifa/

What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Surly1

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: Texas DPS Chief Blames Antifa For Looting Target In Austin
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2020, 08:06:55 AM »

McCraw said he’s heard of reports that white supremacists were involved in some of the criminal activity, but he hasn’t seen it yet.

Col. McCraw may not have seen the evidence, but others have.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/02/tech/antifa-fake-twitter-account/index.html

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/twitter-fake-antifa-acount-white-supremacists-removal/

https://www.wesh.com/article/white-supremacists-pose-as-antifa-online-call-for-violence/32737510

Alt right types have a hard-on for antifa because they opposed their pet Nazis in Charlottesville, and punched Richard Spencer on inauguration, in a much-memed event. So now they got Dickless to call them terrorists.

Memory lane.
"...reprehensible lying communist..."

Online Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2020, 08:27:05 AM »

Col. McCraw may not have seen the evidence, but others have.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/02/tech/antifa-fake-twitter-account/index.html

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/twitter-fake-antifa-acount-white-supremacists-removal/

https://www.wesh.com/article/white-supremacists-pose-as-antifa-online-call-for-violence/32737510

Alt right types have a hard-on for antifa because they opposed their pet Nazis in Charlottesville, and punched Richard Spencer on inauguration, in a much-memed event. So now they got Dickless to call them terrorists.

Memory lane.

I think the evidence you're using to point to white supremacists is far from actual proof....and I was giving the Texas DPS credit for having better intel than this. I read several of these articles......they are all about fake websites....nothing really concrete.

If you'e on one "side" here, you pick the shitty articles that point to the Bugaloo people...or you blame Antifa if you're on the other side. I'm not on either side....and I'm more interested in seeing the rule of law upheld than anything else. I do not want to see every mass protest by anybody , any time.....turned into a riot by radicals from either side.

There were some people arrested in NY that appeared to be left wingers.....I'm sure you saw that, but for those who didn't.

Brooklyn protests: 3 charged in Molotov cocktails toss are 2 attorneys, 1 professional agitator
Monday, June 1, 2020 5:51PM

Three protesters accused of tossing Molotov cocktails at NYPD vehicles were all arraigned in Brooklyn federal court Monday.
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Three protesters accused of tossing Molotov cocktails at NYPD vehicles were all arraigned in Brooklyn federal court Monday.

Urooj Rahma and Colinford Mattis (seen in photo below in that order) were charged with causing damage by fire and explosives to a police vehicle.

"Both defendants are licensed attorneys who have attended prestigious universities and law schools," court records said. "As such, the defendants were well aware of the severity of their criminal conduct when they decided to hurl a Molotov cocktail at an NYPD vehicle and to incite others to do the same."

Rahman and Mattis were released on $250,000 bond with home detention and other conditions.

The U.S. Attorney's Office says they intend to appeal Judge Brodie's decision to the Second Circuit.

Samantha Shader (seen in photo below), portrayed by federal prosecutors as a professional agitator, faced the same charge and appeared briefly via video before a federal magistrate who set a June 12 preliminary hearing.

"The defendant's criminal conduct was extraordinarily serious," court records said. "She hurled a Molotov cocktail at an NYPD vehicle with emergency lights on and occupied by four police officers, causing damage to the vehicle and putting the officers' lives in serious danger."

Officials say Shader will remain in federal custody until then, and the defense did not immediately propose a bail package. Prosecutors asked for a permanent order of detention.

"Since 2011, the defendant has travelled the country committing various crimes, which include acts of violence and resisting arrest," prosecutors said. "The defendant has been arrested 11 times in 11 different states."

The defense said Shader received knee and hand injuries during her arrest and was denied treatment at the precinct.

No plea was entered as none was required.

https://abc7ny.com/3-charged-in-molotov-cocktails-toss-2-attorneys-1-agitator/6225018/

Offline Surly1

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2020, 09:03:36 AM »
I think the evidence you're using to point to white supremacists is far from actual proof....and I was giving the Texas DPS credit for having better intel than this. I read several of these articles......they are all about fake websites....nothing really concrete.

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."
--Upton Sinclair

Online Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2020, 09:49:24 AM »

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."
--Upton Sinclair

Not an appropriate response in my case.

I am more than willing to be convinced by any decent evidence you can show. So far these articles are not impressing me. I had already read some of them, and decided I would wait for some better confirmation, that's all. I never said there were no right wing agitators. I would, however, like to see some of them arrested, charged and the conspiracy, if there is one, revealed fully.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 09:55:03 AM by Eddie »

Offline Surly1

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2020, 12:27:56 PM »

--Upton Sinclair

Not an appropriate response in my case.

I am more than willing to be convinced by any decent evidence you can show. So far these articles are not impressing me. I had already read some of them, and decided I would wait for some better confirmation, that's all. I never said there were no right wing agitators. I would, however, like to see some of them arrested, charged and the conspiracy, if there is one, revealed fully.

I wasn't referring to you; but to the Colonel. Given the infiltration of most law enforcement agencies by white supremacists, three percenters, et al, weeding them out would be a tough row to hoe. And if an honest investigation revealed he has bad cops (or people offering info to agitators), he's going to have tough choices.

It is arguable whether or not we'll ever know the truth. Although I can pretty much assure you than most statements from public figures are self serving, ass covering BS. Which don't "impress" me.

Offline Surly1

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2020, 12:36:16 PM »
How about a leaked DHS memo?

A white supremacist channel on Telegram encouraged followers to incite violence during police brutality protests by 'shooting in a crowd,' according to internal DHS memo

https://www.businessinsider.com/white-supremacist-telegram-channel-encourages-violence-george-floyd-protests-2020-6

A white supremacist channel on Telegram encouraged its followers to spark violence to start a race war in the aftermath of the police killing of George Floyd, Politico reported, citing an internal Department of Homeland Security memo.

Citing the FBI, the note said that two days after Floyd's death, the channel "incited followers to engage in violence and start the 'boogaloo' — a term used by some violent extremists to refer to the start of a second Civil War — by shooting in a crowd."

One of the messages in the channel called for potential shooters to "frame the crowd around you" for the violence, the note said, according to Politico.

Other media outlets have also reported on white supremacist groups weaponizing protests against police brutality to incite violence.

Meanwhile, several Republican officials, including President Donald Trump, have blamed "antifa" for the violence and some have suggested protesters should be hunted down like terrorists.