AuthorTopic: 👮‍♂️ 👨🏿‍🦲 Racial Conflict in Collapse  (Read 1680 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
👮‍♂️ 👨🏿‍🦲 Racial Conflict in Collapse
« on: June 13, 2020, 01:24:02 AM »
Kickoff video for this Official Racial Conflict thread.

RE

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/T-JLcAMmJlM" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/T-JLcAMmJlM</a>
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
https://nypost.com/2020/06/16/man-shot-as-protesters-clash-with-vigilantes-in-new-mexico/

News
Man shot as protesters clash with ‘vigilantes’ in New Mexico

By Joe Tacopino

June 16, 2020 | 1:29am | Updated

Police chopper deployed in busting three-man rooftop party

A man was shot at a protest aimed at toppling a conquistador statue in Albuquerque, New Mexico, on Monday amid clashes between demonstrators and an armed militia group, reports said.

One person, who is believed to be the gunshot victim, was taken to the hospital in critical condition after the gunman opened fire on a group of demonstrators attempting to remove a statue of Spanish conquerer Juan de Oñate, according to NBC News.

The shooting took place as a group of six heavily armed members of a militia group called the New Mexico Civil Guard began to clash with protesters, the Albuquerque Journal reported.
Enlarge Image
America Protests Conquistador

Protesters attach a chain to a statue of Spanish conquistador Juan de Oñate in Albuquerque, NM.

AP

Albuquerque Police Chief Michael Geier said the department was looking into the possibility that the militia group escalated the tension.

“We are receiving reports about vigilante groups possibly instigating this violence,” Geier said on Twitter late Monday. “If this is true [we] will be holding them accountable to the fullest extent of the law, including federal hate group designation and prosecution.”

A person at the protest tweeted an image of a man he identified as the shooter being detained by police. The suspect allegedly said his father works for the Bernalillo County Sheriff’s Office.

A police spokesperson said officers used tear gas and flash bangs to protect officers and detain those involved in the shooting. He said they were disarmed and taken into custody for questioning as police worked to secure the scene.
Save As Many As You Can

Offline JRM

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: 👮‍♂️ 👨🏿‍🦲 Racial Conflict in Collapse
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2020, 12:25:27 PM »
The live video imagery I watched yesterday had the "militia" guys decked out almost exactly like the fellows whom I assume in this image are police. (Police don't usually look like this on a regular beat.) Both look military in costume and equipment.  I'd have been confused about which was which and whom was whom were I there on the scene.

All of the imagery I saw was before the cops showed up.
My "avatar" graphic is Japanese calligraphy (shodō) forming the word shoshin, meaning "beginner's mind". --  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoshin -- It is with shoshin that I am now and always "meeting my breath" for the first time. Try it!

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 12:56:50 PM »
The live video imagery I watched yesterday had the "militia" guys decked out almost exactly like the fellows whom I assume in this image are police. (Police don't usually look like this on a regular beat.) Both look military in costume and equipment.  I'd have been confused about which was which and whom was whom were I there on the scene.

All of the imagery I saw was before the cops showed up.

The whole point of the costuming is to look "Military".  Camo or All Black looks Military.  You are conditioned through life to both respect and FEAR the military.  For those who join these groups, be they cops, right wing militia or left wing Freedom Fighters, it gives them a sense of identity.  You get the opportunity to suffer from that.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/VqzDlgAOsaM" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/VqzDlgAOsaM</a>
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2020, 09:11:10 PM »
You knew that was coming.

It's supposed to roll out on the 23rd. Pop the popcorn.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
CHAZ in Seattle
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2020, 04:53:12 AM »

gc2reddit-logoOff the microphones & cameras of K-Dog & RE

Follow us on Twitter @doomstead666

Friend us on Facebook

Published on The Doomstead Diner  June 17, 2020

Discuss this video at the Geopolitics Table inside the Diner

Save As Many As You Can

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2020, 09:06:34 AM »
Going to YT to upvote this one. Really good reporting and analysis. I'm not so sure the CHAZ is going to end up peacefully morphing back into the old neighborhood....I see high chance of a Waco style FBI action given the current administration and its so-called leaders....and I wouldn't  go within five miles of the place.

Also getting reports of the rapper guy Simone or whatever his name is handing out weapons to his personal enforcers and so forth.....but I'm not there, and it's hard to know if that's fiction.....but there was video up on YT of him handing an AR-15 to some guy who looked about 20 years old, and who barely knew which end of the thing to point at somebody.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 09:45:07 AM by Eddie »

Offline JRM

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2020, 09:37:10 AM »
Going to YT to upvote this one. Really good reporting and analysis. I'm not so sure the CHAZ is going to end up peacefully morphing back into the old neighborhood....I see high chance of a Waco style FBI action given the current administration and its so-called leaders....and I would go within five miles of the place.

Also getting reports of the rapper guy Simone or whatever his name is handing out weapons to his personal enforcers and so forth.....but I'm not there, and it's hard to know if that's fiction.....but there was video up on YT of him handing an AR-15 to some guy who looked about 20 years old, and who barely knew which end of the thing to point at somebody.

There is an immense amount of propaganda / misinformation / lying going on about CHAZ as well as Antifa, which is supposedly (by some accounts) the "terrorist organization" running the CHAZ.

The truth about CHAZ is not easy to discover, since almost all of the reporting is agenda-driven nonsense. 

Do you have a link to the video you just mentioned, Eddie?
My "avatar" graphic is Japanese calligraphy (shodō) forming the word shoshin, meaning "beginner's mind". --  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoshin -- It is with shoshin that I am now and always "meeting my breath" for the first time. Try it!

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2020, 09:48:21 AM »
I think I can find it. I do not necessarily agree with the take this YT'er has on the situation. Just something I briefly looked at yesterday.

https://youtu.be/x65FfXEccNE

Offline JRM

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2020, 10:11:59 AM »
I think I can find it. I do not necessarily agree with the take this YT'er has on the situation. Just something I briefly looked at yesterday.

https://youtu.be/x65FfXEccNE

Last I checked, which was yesterday, there appeared to me to be quite a dearth of sound, accurate, in depth reporting by actual journalists about CHAZ. The overwhelming majority of articles and videos which pop up in internet searches about CHAZ are shallow, stupid, wildly inadequate reporting or they are outright propaganda meant to get right wing militia types all excited about storming the place with guns blazing.

Journalism in the USA today is in a state not unlike the lunacy in the White House.  It's THAT bad! And this is VERY dangerous, because people are literally being shot in the face by idiots who have no idea that they are being lied to by jerks who know NOTHING about what they are spouting on the web.  I can't overstate how insane our situation is here.

I see absolutely no evidence for a CHAZ full of armed crazies. NONE.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 10:13:30 AM by JRM »

Offline JRM

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2020, 10:29:58 AM »
This is not a bad mini-documentary piece from the Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2020/jun/16/inside-chaz-seattles-police-free-zone-were-proving-the-world-can-change-video

This is a typical bit of media on CHAZ, a quick surface overview with little real substance.  Viewers will notice no guns at all in these pictures.  Unsubstantiated claims may have it that the guns are all hidden in the trunks of cars, in tents, in buildings.... But folks will need to provide actual, solid evidence.  And the evidence needs to be evaluated by people who are not paranoid and delusional folks in need of psychiatric attention (which is a lot of what you see on the web). Also, unqualified "journalists" are making rapid leap conclusions based on far from adequate evidence.  If some rapper has a couple of assault rifles in the trunk of his car that does NOT prove that he's the head of the CHAZ police department and that CHAZ folks are all behind him … and was it even him I that video? I'm not sure. I do know -- YES KNOW -- we're being fed bullshit on the web about CHAZ by people with an agenda not unlike that of trump and his minions.  Those people, trump and his minions, are lying neo-fascists and are the real danger here.

Offline JRM

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2020, 10:39:38 AM »
I complained about the lack of depth or substance in the reporting I've seen on CHAZ. So maybe I should qualify what I mean by in depth, adequate reporting.

So far as I know, we know little or nothing from the media about how collective decision-making or internal governance is occurring within CHAZ.  In the Guardian video I posted above we see someone using grey paint on a roller with a long arm, painting over the bottom line of a sign welcoming folks to the Capital Hill Autonomous Zone.  This person is painting over the words "autonomous zone". Is he acting autonomously as an individual in this decision which to some extent will impact all who are residing in this Zone? Is such autonomous action accepted in CHAZ, or is their collaborative decision making as was attempted by Occupy Wall Street participants?

Are 20% or 90% of CHAZ residents (let's call them that) self-described anarchists? Are half of these people communists? Are they anarcho-communists?  How much is CHAZ about far left politics and how much of it is really just focused on the agenda of Black Lives Matter? 

I mean, shit.... We know very little about these people and what their agenda is … or how they work things out between themselves.  Why?!?  Where is the actual forking JOURNALISM to be found? I can't find it.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8431699/Black-Lives-Matter-protest-80-people-tiny-Ohio-town-overrun-700-armed-counterprotesters.html

Black Lives Matter protest of 80 people in tiny Ohio town where just 13 black residents live is overrun by 700 white counterprotesters armed with rifles, handguns and baseball bats

Shocking video footage showed a protester being surrounded and violently punched in the back of the head by a counterprotester in front of two cops who stood by and did nothing

Heavily armed white men and women from motorcycle gangs and 'back the blue' groups flocked to the small town of Bethel Sunday
    Around 700 counterprotesters - some seen in Trump t-shirts - shouted 'Blue lives matter!' and 'All lives matter!' and ripped signs from protester's hands
    80 of the 2,828 Bethel residents were holding a peaceful BLM demonstration
    One protester was seen on camera being punched in the back of the head by a counterprotester in a confederate flag bandanna, while cops looked on   
    Clashes persisted for a second day Monday, leading the police chief to declare a curfew and several people were arrested
    Large swathes of the counterprotesters were thought to have come from out of town, with motorbikes seen carrying out-of-state license plates
    A staggering 97 percent of Bethel residents are white and just 13 black people live there, according to US Census estimates

By Rachel Sharp For Dailymail.com

Published: 10:21 EDT, 17 June 2020 | Updated: 13:54 EDT, 17 June 2020

A Black Lives Matter protest of around 80 people in a tiny Ohio town which is home to just 13 black residents was overrun by 700 white counterprotesters armed with rifles, handguns and baseball bats at the weekend.

Heavily armed white men and women from motorcycle gangs and 'back the blue' groups flocked to the small town of Bethel on Sunday shouting 'Blue lives matter!' and 'All lives matter!'

They faced off with the small group of village residents who had been demonstrating peacefully calling for an end to systemic racism and police brutality across America.

Shocking video footage showed a BLM protester being surrounded and violently punched in the back of the head by a counterprotester in front of two cops who stood by and did nothing.

Clashes between the two groups persisted for a second day Monday, leading the police chief to declare a curfew for the population of just 2,828 and several people were arrested.
Shocking video footage showed a protester being surrounded and violently punched in the back of the head by a counterprotester in front of two cops who stood by and did nothing
+6

more videos

Watch video

BLM protestor assaulted after standing near crowd in Ohio
        Watch video

BLM protestor gets her signs ripped away by people in Bethel
        Watch video

Protester shot as clash over toppling of monument turns violent
        Watch video

Amber Heard's friend confirms her three-way with Delevingne and Musk
        Watch video

Bodycam shows Rayshard Brooks receiving CPR after being shot
        Watch video

Project Lincoln releases new ad blasting Trump as 'not well'
        Watch video

Viral TikTok explains racist history behind Aunt Jemima brand
        Watch video

Police officer breaks down after waiting for McDonald's order
        Watch video

Elderly woman is pushed to the ground and hits head on a fire hydrant
        Watch video

Skydiver scrambles to open emergency parachute after first one fails
        Watch video

Horrific moment teenager is attacked by a gang of eight girls
        Watch video

Squirrel fails to reach bird feeder as he tackles greased pole

Sunday's demonstration was planned by Bethel's Solidarity with Black Lives group as a peaceful affair and was expected to draw in around 25 people, showing solidarity with the movement to end racial inequality. 

However, it amassed to around 800 people as 80 protesters found themselves confronted by around 700 members of motorcycle groups, Back the Blue organizations and Second Amendment advocates. 

The counterprotesters - many of whom are believed to have come from out of town - were pictured with rifles, bats and clubs slung over their shoulders while some wore Donald Trump t-shirts.

Horrifying moment man shoots and critically injures...
    Mitch McConnell will rush police reform bill to the Senate...
    Los Angeles woman is harassed online after she is confused...
    Atlanta megachurch pastor apologizes after saying white...

They yelled 'Blue lives matter!' and 'All lives matter!' and allegedly threatened the protesters and ripped Black Lives Matter signs out of their hands.

Around 250 motorcycles were used to take over the protest area, forcing out the demonstrators.

Peaceful protesters accused the group of inciting 'hate and violence', with one demonstrator being punched in the head and 10 'incidents' now under investigation by local police.   

Horrifying footage circulated on social media shows cops standing by and taking no action as a peaceful protester is punched in the head by one of the counterprotesters.
Police break up a fist fight between a protester and counter protester Monday. A Black Lives Matter protest of around 80 people in a tiny Ohio town home to just 13 black residents was overrun by 700 white counterprotesters armed with rifles, handguns and baseball bats
+6

Police break up a fist fight between a protester and counter protester Monday. A Black Lives Matter protest of around 80 people in a tiny Ohio town home to just 13 black residents was overrun by 700 white counterprotesters armed with rifles, handguns and baseball bats
Clashes between the two groups persisted for a second day Monday at the protest above. Heavily armed white men and women from motorcycle gangs and 'back the blue' groups flocked to Bethel shouting 'Blue lives matter!' and 'All lives matter!' and facing off with the small group of village residents demonstrating peacefully
+6

Clashes between the two groups persisted for a second day Monday at the protest above. Heavily armed white men and women from motorcycle gangs and 'back the blue' groups flocked to Bethel shouting 'Blue lives matter!' and 'All lives matter!' and facing off with the small group of village residents demonstrating peacefully
more videos

Watch video

BLM protestor assaulted after standing near crowd in Ohio
        Watch video

BLM protestor gets her signs ripped away by people in Bethel
        Watch video

Protester shot as clash over toppling of monument turns violent
        Watch video

Amber Heard's friend confirms her three-way with Delevingne and Musk
        Watch video

Bodycam shows Rayshard Brooks receiving CPR after being shot
        Watch video

Project Lincoln releases new ad blasting Trump as 'not well'
        Watch video

Viral TikTok explains racist history behind Aunt Jemima brand
        Watch video

Police officer breaks down after waiting for McDonald's order
        Watch video

Elderly woman is pushed to the ground and hits head on a fire hydrant
        Watch video

Skydiver scrambles to open emergency parachute after first one fails
        Watch video

Horrific moment teenager is attacked by a gang of eight girls
        Watch video

Squirrel fails to reach bird feeder as he tackles greased pole

In the shocking video, a man is seen walking through the crowds of armed counterprotesters and coming to a stop nearby.

He stands not responding to the crowd as they come up close to his face and shout at him.

A man wearing a confederate flag bandanna then comes up behind him and punches him in the back of the head.

At least one cop is seen both in front of the victim and behind him - yet neither move in to arrest the attacker or to protect the victim who has just been assaulted. 

Bethel Chief of Police Steve Teague appeared to defend the actions of his cops saying during a virtual council meeting Monday that the attention of the officer in front of the victim had been pulled away.

The victim initially decided not to press charges but by Monday decided he would go ahead with charges and the an arrest warrant was filed for the suspect, Teague said.
In the shocking video, a man is seen walking through the crowds of armed counterprotesters. He stands not responding to the crowd as they come up close to his face and shout at him
+6

In the shocking video, a man is seen walking through the crowds of armed counterprotesters. He stands not responding to the crowd as they come up close to his face and shout at him
At least one cop is seen both in front of the victim (left) and behind him - yet neither move in to arrest the attacker or to protect the victim who has just been assaulted
+6

At least one cop is seen both in front of the victim (left) and behind him - yet neither move in to arrest the attacker or to protect the victim who has just been assaulted

In another image on social media, a second protester is pictured with blood on his face after he was reportedly 'sucker-punched from behind.'   

No arrests were made Sunday, although Village Administrator Travis Dotson said this was because the tiny town's six police officers were too overwhelmed by the sudden uprising to take people into custody.

Five people were arrested Monday as the clashes entered a second day and Clermont County Sheriff's Office deputies and Ohio State Highway Patrol troopers were drafted in to support the local cops, Teague confirmed.

Teague said he was in 'shock' at the events in the tiny town -  where a staggering 97 percent of all residents are white and just 13 black people live there, according to US Census estimates. 

'If you would've asked me a week ago if any of this would come to Bethel, I would've said never,' Teague told Fox 19. 

'I'm still kind of in shock of it being here.'
In another image on social media, a second protester is pictured with blood on his face after he was reportedly 'sucker-punched from behind'
+6

In another image on social media, a second protester is pictured with blood on his face after he was reportedly 'sucker-punched from behind'

Large swathes of the counterprotesters were thought to have come from out of town, with motorbikes seen carrying out-of-state license plates both days.

Calls to arms were then spotted on social media Monday urging out-of-towners to descend on the town and cause unrest, threatening to 'take care of what they didn't take care of yesterday'.

'It's kind of amazing how quick social media spreads,' Teague told Fox 19 Monday.

'We were told this morning they were busing in protesters. We're given screen shots from social media with some guns saying, "We're going to Bethel, we'll take care of what they didn't take care of yesterday."' 

Bethel Mayor Jay Noble condemned the violence in a statement Monday.

'I am completely against behavior that is illegal or infringes on any American's constitutional rights. Some of the law-breaking behavior that we have seen over the last couple of days is appalling and disgusting and does not reflect the values of our community,' he said.

One councilman, Ron Dunn, thanked the Black Lives Matters protesters for exercising restraint when the counterprotesters were showing 'hatred' toward them.

'To have such hatred and filthy things spewed at you and just to take it is very foreign to most people,' Dunn said.
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/17/barriers-placed-around-robert-e-lee-statue-as-activists-target-confederate-monuments

Virginia
Barriers placed around Robert E Lee statue as activists target Confederate monuments

Crews work to add barriers around the Robert E Lee monument in Richmond, Virginia. Photograph: Julia Rendleman/Reuters
Adam Gabbatt in New York and agencies   @adamgabbatt

Published on Wed 17 Jun 2020 17.36 EDT

Concrete barriers have been erected around a towering statue of civil war general Robert E Lee in Richmond, Virginia, hours after demonstrators tore down a different Confederate monument in the city.

Crews could be seen installing what appeared to be about 3ft tall cement blocks around the statue, which is due to be removed by the end of June, on Wednesday morning.

The statue of Lee, a commander in the Confederate army, has stood on Monument Avenue in Richmond for 130 years and has become a focal point for anti-racism protesters in recent weeks.

A lawsuit has been filed against the statue’s removal, but Richmond’s mayor, Levar Stoney, has said it will be taken down, along with other Confederate monuments in the city.

“Richmond is no longer the capital of the Confederacy,” Stoney said in a statement. “It is filled with diversity and love for all, and we need to demonstrate that.”
Protesters topple statue of Confederate president in Virginia
Read more

The Lee monument, a 12-ton, 21ft high structure depicting the general on his horse, has been targeted by activists, who have daubed the base of the monument with a series of corrective slogans, including “Black Lives Matter” and “stop white supremacy”.

In an apparent retaliation, a statue of the late tennis champion Arthur Ashe, born in Richmond, further along Monument Avenue, was daubed with the words “White lives matter” in the past 24 hours.

The statue to Ashe, the first black tennis player to represent the United States in the Davis Cup, was erected in 1996 as the only statue on Monument Avenue not representing the Confederacy. Police are investigating.

In a statement, the Virginia department of general services said it was erecting the barriers around the Lee monument “to protect the safety of everyone speaking out to make their voices heard as well as the structure itself”.

The move comes after protesters toppled a Confederate statue in Richmond on Tuesday night. The Howitzers monument – a tribute to a Confederate civil war unit – was the third Confederate statue to be torn down in Richmond by protesters in recent weeks. A nearby statue of the explorer and colonizer Christopher Columbus was also ousted.

A group of property owners along Monument Avenue filed a lawsuit on Monday, aiming to prevent Virginia from removing the Lee statue, which the Virginia governor, Ralph Northam, has also pledged to remove.

According to the local 10 News channel, the six plaintiffs argued that they would suffer due to the “the loss of a priceless work of art from their neighborhood and the degradation of the internationally recognized avenue on which they reside”.
Americans have had enough ...

... and are marching for justice in unprecedented numbers. In small towns and big cities across the country, thousands of people are giving voice to the grief and anger that generations of black Americans have suffered at the hands of the criminal justice system. Young and old, black and white, family and friends have joined together to say: enough.

The unconscionable examples of racism over the last weeks and months come as America's communities of color have been hit hardest by the coronavirus and catastrophic job losses. This is a perfect storm hitting black Americans. Meanwhile, the political leadership suggests that “when the looting starts, the shooting starts”. The president who promised to end the “American carnage” is in danger of making it worse.
Save As Many As You Can