PE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> 👮‍♂️ 👨🏿‍🦲 Racial Conflict in Collapse

AuthorTopic: 👮‍♂️ 👨🏿‍🦲 Racial Conflict in Collapse  (Read 1681 times)

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile

No, you wanted to paint me as the Buckley in this debate...and that is far from accurate.

I did no painting of anyone.
RE

Yeah, right. Sure.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile

No, you wanted to paint me as the Buckley in this debate...and that is far from accurate.

RE

Yeah, right. Sure.

There's a powerful rebuttal.  ::)

Why don't you try addresing the points made in the debate betwen Bill and James?  Bring it to topic.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile

RE

Yeah, right. Sure.

There's a powerful rebuttal.  ::)

Why don't you try addresing the points made in the debate betwen Bill and James?  Bring it to topic.

RE

I'm at work. No time to watch videos at work. Especially 55 y.o. debates between two people who are long dead.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile

I'm at work. No time to watch videos at work. Especially 55 y.o. debates between two people who are long dead.

You'lll spend hours watching JFP vids.  Bill Buckley wipes the floor with JFP.  They are both long dead, but the arguments live on, into all eternity.

I am in no rush.  I am a housebound cripple you know.  lol.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile

You'lll spend hours watching JFP vids.  Bill Buckley wipes the floor with JFP.  They are both long dead, but the arguments live on, into all eternity.

RE

JFP?

Jordan Peterson?  I didn't even watch or post a comment on that one Ashvin dropped the other day. I read the  comments.

I never said Buckley was dumb.

He was a great sailor, and wrote some good sailing books..........one or two of which I read long ago. Worth it.

Screen Shot 2020 07 15 at 4 52 06 PM
Screen Shot 2020 07 15 at 4 52 06 PM

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile

RE

JFP?

Jordan Peterson?  I didn't even watch or post a comment on that one Ashvin dropped the other day. I read the  comments.

I never said Buckley was dumb.

He was a great sailor, and wrote some good sailing books..........one or two of which I read long ago. Worth it.

Nobody joined Watson's thread, thank God.  He is best ignored.  However, you have touted JFP many times in the past.

This is not a sailing thread.  If you want to talk about Bill Buckley's Sailing books, go to the Seasteading thread.

This thread is about his debate with James Baldwin and the ideas expressed therein.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Surly1

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner

You'lll spend hours watching JFP vids.  Bill Buckley wipes the floor with JFP. 

RE

Funny about that. You always make time for the things you worship.

"...reprehensible lying communist..."

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile

You'lll spend hours watching JFP vids.  Bill Buckley wipes the floor with JFP. 

RE

Funny about that. You always make time for the things you worship.

I don't worship Bill Buckley.  I just respect his intellect.  Tons smarter than JFP.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
👮‍♂️ 👨🏿‍🦲 Baldwin vs. Buckley: The FULL Debate
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2020, 07:53:22 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5Tek9h3a5wQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/5Tek9h3a5wQ</a>
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: 👮‍♂️ 👨🏿‍🦲 Baldwin v. Buckley Debate
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2020, 08:53:30 AM »
I'm gonna watch it. And comment.  Maybe not today.

I'm watching a little....in  between patients.

I think most people don't have the history chops to know how different the world is now, from the way it was the day Lyndon Johnson (who was a local boy from around here btw) got sworn in on Air Force One on Friday November 2nd, 1963...and more especially since his landmark civil rights legislation was passed. More on this later.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2020, 09:57:54 AM »

I think most people don't have the history chops to know how different the world is now, from the way it was the day Lyndon Johnson (who was a local boy from around here btw) got sworn in on Air Force One on Friday November 2nd, 1963...and more especially since his landmark civil rights legislation was passed. More on this later.

On the Diner we don't write for "most people".  We write for other Diners.  I think most Diners are quite conversant with history.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2020, 11:58:35 AM »

On the Diner we don't write for "most people".  We write for other Diners.  I think most Diners are quite conversant with history.

RE

At least one diner likes to rewrite it to suit his belief system. And it isn't me.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2020, 12:47:51 PM »

RE

At least one diner likes to rewrite it to suit his belief system. And it isn't me.

That is just your opinion.  He would say the same of you.  That is his opinion.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: 👮‍♂️ 👨🏿‍🦲 Racial Conflict in Collapse
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2020, 01:24:30 PM »
His refusal to listen to any reasonable critique of his POV, and his rush to paint me with his broad brush....calling me a fascist and a racist...reveals him to be a malevolent bad-faith actor intent on advancing his agenda at all costs.

He thinks the ends justify the means...and so he will do anything....... or say anything, and he feels perfectly justified.  Ethics don't matter. Morality doesn't matter.  Truth doesn't matter.

People who cannot tolerate the least criticism their POV by a reasonable person who disagrees with them (which I am) ....who simply WON'T acknowledge they even MIGHT not have it absolutely completely figured out.....those people are dangerous ideologues.

For a while I was confused by the tactics....since for a long time, he appeared to be a reasonable person making good-faith arguments. Until I challenged him. But I now understand that his attempts to make me out to be a bad guy...it''s really  all calculated and tactical.

It's just intended to either make me take my keypad and go home.....or to neutralize me.

If he can convince you and the readers that I'm a racist and a fascist, well, then, nobody would take me seriously, right? And so what if it's bullshit I am a threat to his ________ _______ agenda. I have to be neutralized. It's out of Alinsky's playbook.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 01:44:56 PM by Eddie »

Offline Phil Rumpole

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
Re: 👮‍♂️ 👨🏿‍🦲 Racial Conflict in Collapse
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2020, 01:53:27 PM »
Was it Lyndon Johnson who said he would "keep the niggers voting Democrat for the next 200 yrs" and something about "if you can convince the poorest whites they're better  than blacks, they won't complain" ? I don't think its history understanding that's missing, it's understanding that that the attitude has not been legislated away, and it's prevalence that's missing.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 02:22:15 PM by Phil Rumpole »
Women are like hurricanes: Wet and wild when they come, take your house when they leave