AuthorTopic: 👮‍♂️ 👨🏿‍🦲 Racial Conflict in Collapse  (Read 1678 times)

Offline knarf

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: 👮‍♂️ 👨🏿‍🦲 Racial Conflict in Collapse
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2020, 03:45:34 PM »
His refusal to listen to any reasonable critique of his POV, and his rush to paint me with his broad brush....calling me a fascist and a racist...reveals him to be a malevolent bad-faith actor intent on advancing his agenda at all costs.

He thinks the ends justify the means...and so he will do anything....... or say anything, and he feels perfectly justified.  Ethics don't matter. Morality doesn't matter.  Truth doesn't matter.

People who cannot tolerate the least criticism their POV by a reasonable person who disagrees with them (which I am) ....who simply WON'T acknowledge they even MIGHT not have it absolutely completely figured out.....those people are dangerous ideologues.

For a while I was confused by the tactics....since for a long time, he appeared to be a reasonable person making good-faith arguments. Until I challenged him. But I now understand that his attempts to make me out to be a bad guy...it''s really  all calculated and tactical.

It's just intended to either make me take my keypad and go home.....or to neutralize me.

If he can convince you and the readers that I'm a racist and a fascist, well, then, nobody would take me seriously, right? And so what if it's bullshit I am a threat to his ________ _______ agenda. I have to be neutralized. It's out of Alinsky's playbook.

As I have watched this divide between Surly's viewpoint, and yours...it has reminded me that we are definitively in a different environment since the virus pandemic arose. The old rules about negotiating our safety have radically changed collectively and independently. To put our world in workable order is the challenge so that we as safe as possible...the place we are at "home" with. All of the old ways of striving to have it are all busted. Can you think of one sector of our society that has not broken down? Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall.... I really think Eddie's logic and evidence supports the view that an authoritarian state is being tucked under the door of our awareness. I can see this happening. Surly is a warrior for the least in our society. Many people agree with him, me for one, that the least among you are to be dealt with first and foremost to have a healthy society.The current state of of bigotry and hate towards the underprivileged needs fixing. FDR!!!!! King! I know I would not like to be is his path when he is marching for his brothers and sisters. :)
  There is room for both of you while our values, and morals morph so that we feel safe and have freedom of thought in an increasingly dangerous pandemic.

Maybe because the second wave of the virus and/or the "opening up" has increased the number of cases significantly, it will be necessary to drop our political views so that we can survive the coming depression ( worse than the last one ), food scarcity, unemployment, and ALL the many problems we are beginning to have now.
  Eddie, this might be prophecy you had "What the Dems could run on...a Single payer health system"...and maybe deeper, UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE ( Covering more than just throwing dangerous chemicals down most of our Doctors's patients )
NECROCAPITALISM at http://openmind693.wordpress.com ‘Rolling thunder. Shock. A noble one in fear and dread sets things in order and is watchful.’ I-Ching (Hex.51)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: 👮‍♂️ 👨🏿‍🦲 Racial Conflict in Collapse
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2020, 04:10:19 PM »
His refusal to listen to any reasonable critique of his POV, and his rush to paint me with his broad brush....calling me a fascist and a racist...reveals him to be a malevolent bad-faith actor intent on advancing his agenda at all costs.

He thinks the ends justify the means...and so he will do anything....... or say anything, and he feels perfectly justified.  Ethics don't matter. Morality doesn't matter.  Truth doesn't matter.

People who cannot tolerate the least criticism their POV by a reasonable person who disagrees with them (which I am) ....who simply WON'T acknowledge they even MIGHT not have it absolutely completely figured out.....those people are dangerous ideologues.

For a while I was confused by the tactics....since for a long time, he appeared to be a reasonable person making good-faith arguments. Until I challenged him. But I now understand that his attempts to make me out to be a bad guy...it''s really  all calculated and tactical.

It's just intended to either make me take my keypad and go home.....or to neutralize me.

If he can convince you and the readers that I'm a racist and a fascist, well, then, nobody would take me seriously, right? And so what if it's bullshit I am a threat to his ________ _______ agenda. I have to be neutralized. It's out of Alinsky's playbook.

This thread is not about your conflict with Surly.  It is currently about the debate between Baldwin and Buckley.  Please keep your comments to that subject.

RE
Save As Many As You Can