AuthorTopic: K-Dog frivolity.  (Read 2625 times)

Offline Phil Rumpole

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
Re: Dedicated to Phil Rumpole
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2021, 01:29:38 PM »
I thought of you when I saw this.  I'm going to play it again later to write down and practice the local idioms.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tz1kVa8brLg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Tz1kVa8brLg</a>

eNJOY

"The second assumption is a little bit more insidious but i really really do dislike it it has this underlying assumption that the job will teach you nothing when in reality some of the richest and greatest insights that you will ever have about people the world and yourself are going to come from working a job you hate.
"

This is true, to a point.

Assuming a certain level of freedom.  Go all out in both directions so that you can learn your limits.  Then make a base level of income to meet your needs and the needs of your dependents while using the rest of your time to pursue something that excites you.  Ideally there's something would be high risk in high reward and you'd work in the direction of creating a life where you'd have the option to say no to the things that drain you of energy.  As you go about this reassess your limits and aims as you grow as a person.

A story about screwing up and getting that sinking feeling is definitely apt to dedicate to me. You chose a good day, public holiday today, Australia Day 26th Jan.

A variation on 'quit your job and follow your passion' , I remember reading is 'do what you love and the rest will fall into place' , meaning you will literally magically successfully monetize it. I'm not so sure, especially when the writers own passion or dream was only to go telling other people to do that.

That started back in the age of killing time with paper books, but now there really is a gold rush for online content to replace watching TV. Is everyone living vicariously? How many podcasts, mommy vlogs, fishing, camping, 4WDriving and either avoiding or attracting women channels on utube can spring up before the market is saturated and there's nothing left that hasn't been covered hundreds of times already? I don't think anyone knows, but for now it seems like a lucrative path, especially as they rehash everything endlessly by interviewing each other.

I remember seeing somebodies story of making millions with another success flowchart on quadrants to focus on, and he had never been anything else than a motivational speaker after not making it as a tennis player. I wondered why it didn't occur to anyone to ask him why he didn't just apply his formula to training for and entering tournaments.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 01:34:39 PM by Phil Rumpole »
Women are like hurricanes: Wet and wild when they come, take your house when they leave

Offline Ashvin

• Troll
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: K-Dog frivolity.
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2021, 01:55:31 PM »
The hardest part of writing off JHK completely for me....and I did that sometime back, although I sometimes still read him......was his delusional view that somehow a fucktard like Trump was going to make anything better in the world.

I was perfectly okay with his critique of the liberal platform.....but the whole "the enemy of my enemy is my friend” approach to politics is crazy.

The liberals running off the rails....is one issue. The idea that Trump was some kind of legitimate foil.....fighting the good fight.....that is bullshit.

It seems to be a mark of the people who drink the Trump Koolaid.

Trump good because Biden bad. Sorry, nah....not so.....

This has been Ashvin’s message now for months.

But it doesn’t hold water.

It is only the message YOU want to hear, because it supports your preordained narratives about the Right. I assume it has a lot to do with institutional religion and "pro-life" policies, because that's something you always get animated about. All of the conservatives I consistently follow, such as JP, Douglas Murray, Tim Pool, even Ben Shapiro, have been sharply critical of Trump throughout his presidency. Meanwhile, you will not find a single liberal commentator who was critical of Biden or the Democrats in general while Trump was still in play, certainly during the 6-9 months preceding the election, including you and most others here. You would not acknowledge a single negative quality or policy of Biden as long as you thought it might "help Trump" to be critically minded. You guys are not alone - case in point:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/BOeaRLWD-mY" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/BOeaRLWD-mY</a>

"Biden Presidency ALREADY Backfires On Democrat Voters, Unions FURIOUS Over Banning KeystoneXL. Biden was completely honest about wanting to ban Keystone XL yet Unions working in the energy sector endorsed him anyway.

Biden has now issued a moratorium on new permits and banned the Keystone pipeline sending shockwaves through groups that endorsed or voted for him even though he has always said he would do this.

Leftist groups are now outraged that the $2,000 offered is turning out to be supplemental to the $600 and not an additional payment.

All in all it seems Democrats and Joe Biden are doin more for progressives and hurting traditional liberals and the working class. For the most part people seem happy with their support of Biden but many are getting a rude awakening to the fact that he won't be supporting everyone and that the only unity they had was opposing Trump."

Offline Phil Rumpole

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2021, 03:20:40 PM »
The hardest part of writing off JHK completely for me....and I did that sometime back, although I sometimes still read him......was his delusional view that somehow a fucktard like Trump was going to make anything better in the world.

I was perfectly okay with his critique of the liberal platform.....but the whole "the enemy of my enemy is my friend” approach to politics is crazy.

The liberals running off the rails....is one issue. The idea that Trump was some kind of legitimate foil.....fighting the good fight.....that is bullshit.

It seems to be a mark of the people who drink the Trump Koolaid.

Trump good because Biden bad. Sorry, nah....not so.....

This has been Ashvin’s message now for months.

But it doesn’t hold water.

It is only the message YOU want to hear, because it supports your preordained narratives about the Right. I assume it has a lot to do with institutional religion and "pro-life" policies, because that's something you always get animated about. All of the conservatives I consistently follow, such as JP, Douglas Murray, Tim Pool, even Ben Shapiro, have been sharply critical of Trump throughout his presidency. Meanwhile, you will not find a single liberal commentator who was critical of Biden or the Democrats in general while Trump was still in play, certainly during the 6-9 months preceding the election, including you and most others here. You would not acknowledge a single negative quality or policy of Biden as long as you thought it might "help Trump" to be critically minded. You guys are not alone - case in point:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/BOeaRLWD-mY" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/BOeaRLWD-mY</a>

"Biden Presidency ALREADY Backfires On Democrat Voters, Unions FURIOUS Over Banning KeystoneXL. Biden was completely honest about wanting to ban Keystone XL yet Unions working in the energy sector endorsed him anyway.

Biden has now issued a moratorium on new permits and banned the Keystone pipeline sending shockwaves through groups that endorsed or voted for him even though he has always said he would do this.

Leftist groups are now outraged that the $2,000 offered is turning out to be supplemental to the $600 and not an additional payment.

All in all it seems Democrats and Joe Biden are doin more for progressives and hurting traditional liberals and the working class. For the most part people seem happy with their support of Biden but many are getting a rude awakening to the fact that he won't be supporting everyone and that the only unity they had was opposing Trump."

Peterson is only a social conservative and by chance, not affiliation. Shapiro is far more a cheerleader for Trump than an occasional critic. Of note was his acceptance of the polling before the election and explanation of why he thought it was accurate trump was well behind. He turned out right and I was wrong, I thought Trump would win.

Other than an objective opinion on why both Biden and Harris won their debates, what have I for one said about Biden except he is a solid and reliable uniparty company man of four decades. That is on display by his continuance of agressive foreign policy appointments. Policy played exactly as the tangentially associated, not 'pro-biden' WHO man you posted yesterday said, smarter instead of stupid bluster.

With one hand he extends the long range nuke treaty and with the other he makes the Navalny problem. Domestically he offers an olive branch with one hand and a lamp to lead you out of darkness with the other, but you spit on both.

Re the vid, you seem to be saying we should have been critical of him being against fracking. Not me, it's environmental madness.

Re 1400$ checques, it's better than promising 2k$ on the condition you get something else that was never going to happen.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 04:03:27 PM by Phil Rumpole »
Women are like hurricanes: Wet and wild when they come, take your house when they leave

Offline Ashvin

• Troll
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2021, 06:26:41 PM »
Peterson is only a social conservative and by chance, not affiliation. Shapiro is far more a cheerleader for Trump than an occasional critic. Of note was his acceptance of the polling before the election and explanation of why he thought it was accurate trump was well behind. He turned out right and I was wrong, I thought Trump would win.

I'm not sure if Shapiro accepted the polls, but if he did, then he was dead wrong! The polls could not have been more off than they were, literally it would have been impossible. As JP points out in his latest interview with Douglas Murray, the margin of error in counting the votes was probably bigger than the margin of Biden's victory.

JP and Murray also latch on to the "Trump's fraud arguments must have been bad because most of the Courts dismissed them" narrative in that interview. I would take JP's analysis of just about anything over any Trump-supporting political pundit, but in this specific case he is simply out of his element. They don't understand how the American legal process works. They are RIGHT that the judges are not corrupt like many silly Trump supporters claimed, but they are wrong that the cases were decided on the merits or that cases for widescale fraud could have been effectively litigated in such short timeframes.

Other than an objective opinion on why both Biden and Harris won their debates, what have I for one said about Biden except he is a solid and reliable uniparty company man of four decades. That is on display by his continuance of agressive foreign policy appointments. Policy played exactly as the tangentially associated, not 'pro-biden' WHO man you posted yesterday said, smarter instead of stupid bluster.

He may have played 'smarter' decades ago, or even 8 years ago, but now he is blustering in his first week in office as much as any man possibly could.

Re the vid, you seem to be saying we should have been critical of him being against fracking. Not me, it's environmental madness.

Re 1400$ checques, it's better than promising 2k$ on the condition you get something else that was never going to happen.

It's undeniably bad for the thousands of workers who are losing their jobs by halting construction, exactly the middle class working Americans Biden and the Democrats were supposedly elected to help during already terrible economic times.