PE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Album: Collapstead Intentional Community

AuthorTopic: Album: Collapstead Intentional Community  (Read 1282 times)

Offline knarf

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Album: Collapstead Intentional Community
« on: June 30, 2020, 09:47:21 AM »
Image list — 5 images from one album
Pics of the down hill ride. :)

Who needs Light? (0:05)

Collapstead Intentional Community
This is how much this collapse everywhere has gotten me. What has changed over the past 15 years? Well, I was 52 back then, puttin in full gardens, managing 22 chickens, and American Guinea Hogs 2 ++++++( experiment - preservation ). They had oodles of oodalies ( baby pigs scurrying around when they get out of their pen.) I worked on our cars, tractor, trying to keep it going as long as possible. I know it is partially my age, and the "fun" I had with my body along the way. This collapse seems to be similar to how I am feeling about our country. It seems like it crumbling right in front of my minds eye.
  This 4 ft. fluorescent bulb went out about 3 days ago.  The lamp receptacle broke and arched while trying to put on a new one. ( balanced on a chair looking up ). I tried to find a replacement around here, but nothing. I really don't want to be fooling around with a new light fixture, so I said FUCK IT! Now I have a lamp behind me. I like it. yellowish tint ....

Basement Collapse (0:05)

The basement walls started falling in about fifteen years ago. We kept patching it until the cracks got serious. We then placed a wood beam across the floor joists above and put three steel jacks under it. She no longer is falling in....well maybe very slowly.
Boil Water, we got a chore to do! (0:05)

About 6 months ago our water heater died and was leaking bad. I normally would have wrestled the thing into the basement and hooked a another one up, but this year I said no.  I would surely injure myself some how. :) My calf was bad then too. So we searched for a replacement one, and looked for an installer for about a week. Then I said " Screw it! Let's cut off the water leading to the Heater and go without hot water. That is what we did, and we are doin' just fine, thank you. :)

He won't move until we teach him to play (0:05)

Too injured/old to put on brush hog (0:05)

We had to have friend come to put on the brush hog this year! I have done it for about 25 years.
NECROCAPITALISM at http://openmind693.wordpress.com ‘Rolling thunder. Shock. A noble one in fear and dread sets things in order and is watchful.’ I-Ching (Hex.51)

Offline knarf

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 09:50:42 AM »

Too injured/old to put on brush hog
We had to have friend come to put on the brush hog this year! I have done it for about 25 years.
 Views: 86
Posted by knarf
Jun 30, 2020
in Collapstead Intentional Commun…
NECROCAPITALISM at http://openmind693.wordpress.com ‘Rolling thunder. Shock. A noble one in fear and dread sets things in order and is watchful.’ I-Ching (Hex.51)

Offline knarf

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2020, 09:52:43 AM »

He won't move until we teach him to play

Views: 98
Posted by knarf
Jun 30, 2020

Offline Nearingsfault

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Album: Collapstead Intentional Community
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2020, 10:34:04 AM »

Posted by knarf
Jun 30, 2020
nothing wrong needing a little help. Nice to see the old timer (machine and operator) can still do the task.
If its important then try something, fail, disect, learn from it, try again, and again and again until it kills you or you succeed.

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2020, 11:32:14 AM »

Posted by knarf
Jun 30, 2020
nothing wrong needing a little help. Nice to see the old timer (machine and operator) can still do the task.

I get my neighbors to help me all the time.  Because of my bad arms, I can't do a lot of projects with my tools.  So I find somebody who has arms that still work right and I explain what to do and how to do it.  It's how I got the mods done on my Cripple Carts.

People love to help Cripples.  I makes them feel good.  About a week ago in the liquor store at 3 Bears one of the other people in line dropped a $10 spot in my basket.  I tried to refuse, but he wouldn't take it back.  lol.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline knarf

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Album: Collapstead IC - Boil Water, we got a chore to do!
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2020, 10:07:38 AM »

Boil Water, we got a chore to do!
About 6 months ago our water heater died and was leaking bad. I normally would have wrestled the thing into the basement and hooked a another one up, but this year I said no.  I would surely injure myself some how. :) My calf was bad then too. So we searched for a replacement one, and looked for an i…
 Views: 95
Posted by knarf
Jul 01, 2020

About 6 months ago our water heater died and was leaking bad. I normally would have wrestled the thing into the basement and hooked a another one up, but this year I said no.  I would surely injure myself some how. :) My calf was bad then too. So we searched for a replacement one, and looked for an installer for about a week. Then I said " Screw it! Let's cut off the water leading to the Heater and go without hot water. That is what we did, and we are doin' just fine, thank you. :)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 10:12:48 AM by knarf »

Offline knarf

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Album: Collapstead IC - Basement Collapse
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2020, 10:23:51 AM »

Basement Collapse
The basement walls started falling in about fifteen years ago. We kept patching it until the cracks got serious. We then placed a wood beam across the floor joists above and put three steel jacks under it. She no longer is falling in....well maybe very slowly.
 Views: 85
Posted by knarf
Jul 01, 2020

Offline Surly1

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: Album: Collapstead IC - Boil Water, we got a chore to do!
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2020, 12:04:35 PM »

About 6 months ago our water heater died and was leaking bad. I normally would have wrestled the thing into the basement and hooked a another one up, but this year I said no.  I would surely injure myself some how. :) My calf was bad then too. So we searched for a replacement one, and looked for an i…
Posted by knarf
Jul 01, 2020

That will put an end to the "Hollywood shower" for sure!
"...reprehensible lying communist..."

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2020, 12:33:27 PM »
This is a BIG advantage of being a Renter.   :icon_sunny:

My Hot Water (and heat) boiler gave up the ghost last winter.  The Management had to pay for a new one and the installation as well.  I now have a brand spanking new boiler probably good until I buy my ticket to the Great Beyond.

I don't use much Hot Water, and I could get by without it.  Mostly nowadays I do Sponge Baths rather than Shower.  It uses much less water to sponge bath, and almost no heat.

The heating system in this structure though uses hot water pumped through pipes under the floor.  So you MUST have a working boiler, it's a LEGAL requirement.  The management company cannot get away with not replacing a a bad boiler.

I can set up a Backup System using a Kerosene Heater and I also have Electric Ceramic Heaters for temporary outages of my Heat.  This is Alaska of course.  lol. I also know how to insulate myself and have all the gear to do that too!  I really don't absolutely need my digs to be any more than about 40F in Winter.  I normally keep it at 65F, but that does not cost me much,.  My entire Energy bill from MEA is about $40/month, including the gas for heat and the electrics to run my computers, lights and refrigerator.

Poll:  What is your monthly energy bill in total?

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline knarf

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Album: Collapstead IC - Who needs a light?
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2020, 03:11:09 PM »

Who needs Light?
This is how much this collapse everywhere has gotten me. What has changed over the past 15 years? Well, I was 52 back then, puttin in full gardens, managing 22 chickens, and American Guinea Hogs 2 ++++++( experiment - preservation ). They had oodles of oodalies ( baby pigs scurrying around when they…
 Views: 104
Posted by knarf
Jul 01, 2020

This is how much this collapse everywhere has gotten me. What has changed over the past 15 years? Well, I was 52 back then, puttin in full gardens, managing 22 chickens, and American Guinea Hogs 2 ++++++( experiment - preservation ). They had oodles of oodalies ( baby pigs scurrying around when they get out of their pen.) I worked on our cars, tractor, trying to keep it going as long as possible. I know it is partially my age, and the "fun" I had with my body along the way. This collapse seems to be similar to how I am feeling about our country. It seems like it crumbling right in front of my minds eye.
  This 4 ft. fluorescent bulb went out about 3 days ago.  The lamp receptacle broke and arched while trying to put on a new one. ( balanced on a chair looking up ). I tried to find a replacement around here, but nothing. I really don't want to be fooling around with a new light fixture, so I said FUCK IT! Now I have a lamp behind me. I like it. yellowish tint ....

Offline knarf

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Album: Collapstead IC - Boil Water, we got a chore to do!
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2020, 03:14:06 PM »

Posted by knarf
Jul 01, 2020

That will put an end to the "Hollywood shower" for sure!

Lol...that it did.

Offline knarf

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2020, 03:16:34 PM »

My Hot Water (and heat) boiler gave up the ghost last winter.  The Management had to pay for a new one and the installation as well.  I now have a brand spanking new boiler probably good until I buy my ticket to the Great Beyond.

I don't use much Hot Water, and I could get by without it.  Mostly nowadays I do Sponge Baths rather than Shower.  It uses much less water to sponge bath, and almost no heat.

The heating system in this structure though uses hot water pumped through pipes under the floor.  So you MUST have a working boiler, it's a LEGAL requirement.  The management company cannot get away with not replacing a a bad boiler.

I can set up a Backup System using a Kerosene Heater and I also have Electric Ceramic Heaters for temporary outages of my Heat.  This is Alaska of course.  lol. I also know how to insulate myself and have all the gear to do that too!  I really don't absolutely need my digs to be any more than about 40F in Winter.  I normally keep it at 65F, but that does not cost me much,.  My entire Energy bill from MEA is about $40/month, including the gas for heat and the electrics to run my computers, lights and refrigerator.

RE

about $160

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Album: Collapstead IC - Who needs a light?
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2020, 03:18:44 PM »

Who needs Light?
This is how much this collapse everywhere has gotten me. What has changed over the past 15 years? Well, I was 52 back then, puttin in full gardens, managing 22 chickens, and American Guinea Hogs 2 ++++++( experiment - preservation ). They had oodles of oodalies ( baby pigs scurrying around when they…
Posted by knarf
Jul 01, 2020

You wanna talk personal physical collpase?  Walk a mile in my shoes.  10 years ago I could ride my bike up Lazy Mountain.  Now I can't even pedal one to 3 Bears.  I can't even cast to fish anymore!  I can't even cock a gun to shoot myself!

So it goes.  We all decay, at one rate of speed or another.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2020, 03:23:11 PM »

RE

about $160

That is split for 2 people, so $80 each, still quite good.  If anyone can beat my $40/mo/person, I will be quite impressed.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline knarf

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Album: Collapstead IC - Who needs a light?
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2020, 04:37:03 PM »

Who needs Light?
Posted by knarf
Jul 01, 2020

You wanna talk personal physical collpase?  Walk a mile in my shoes.  10 years ago I could ride my bike up Lazy Mountain.  Now I can't even pedal one to 3 Bears.  I can't even cast to fish anymore!  I can't even cock a gun to shoot myself!

So it goes.  We all decay, at one rate of speed or another.

RE

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/l-cZ_ElJ1oA&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/l-cZ_ElJ1oA&fs=1</a>

GLEE cast

Lea Michele. Estimated Net Worth: $10 Million. Lea Michele began her acting career …
Chris Colfer. Estimated Net Worth: $8 Million. Chris Colfer was one of the best parts …
Jane Lynch. Estimated Net Worth: $10 Million. Jane Lynch is a veteran actress in …
Matthew Morrison. Estimated Net Worth: $10 Million. Matthew Morrison began …

https://www.fame10.com/entertainment/cast-of-glee-how-much-are-they-worth-now/

Paul McCartney worth $1.2 Billion