PE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Album: Collapstead Intentional Community

AuthorTopic: Album: Collapstead Intentional Community  (Read 1296 times)

Offline Surly1

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: Album: Collapstead IC - Who needs a light?
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2020, 06:10:59 PM »

Who needs Light?
This is how much this collapse everywhere has gotten me. What has changed over the past 15 years? Well, I was 52 back then, puttin in full gardens, managing 22 chickens, and American Guinea Hogs 2 ++++++( experiment - preservation ). They had oodles of oodalies ( baby pigs scurrying around when they…
 Views: 108
Posted by knarf
Jul 01, 2020
in Collapstead Intentional Commun…

This is how much this collapse everywhere has gotten me. What has changed over the past 15 years? Well, I was 52 back then, puttin in full gardens, managing 22 chickens, and American Guinea Hogs 2 ++++++( experiment - preservation ). They had oodles of oodalies ( baby pigs scurrying around when they get out of their pen.) I worked on our cars, tractor, trying to keep it going as long as possible. I know it is partially my age, and the "fun" I had with my body along the way. This collapse seems to be similar to how I am feeling about our country. It seems like it crumbling right in front of my minds eye.
  This 4 ft. fluorescent bulb went out about 3 days ago.  The lamp receptacle broke and arched while trying to put on a new one. ( balanced on a chair looking up ). I tried to find a replacement around here, but nothing. I really don't want to be fooling around with a new light fixture, so I said FUCK IT! Now I have a lamp behind me. I like it. yellowish tint ....

You wanna talk personal physical collpase?  Walk a mile in my shoes.  10 years ago I could ride my bike up Lazy Mountain.  Now I can't even pedal one to 3 Bears.  I can't even cast to fish anymore!  I can't even cock a gun to shoot myself!

So it goes.  We all decay, at one rate of speed or another.

RE

I have been steadily losing sight in my right eye, so I went to visit an Opthamologist. She told me that as we get older, we get three things: wrinkles, gray hair, and cataracts.

Every conversation I have with friends these days features shit that doesn’t work anymore.

“At one rate of speed or another,” indeed.
"...reprehensible lying communist..."

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2020, 06:37:07 PM »

I have been steadily losing sight in my right eye, so I went to visit an Opthamologist. She told me that as we get older, we get three things: wrinkles, gray hair, and cataracts.

Every conversation I have with friends these days features shit that doesn’t work anymore.

“At one rate of speed or another,” indeed.

So far, my eyes have held up OK.  I started using reading glasses (basically magnifyers) a couple of years ago, but I can get by still without them.  I passed my last DL Vision test without them, 2 years ago.  I can still hear OK too.

For me it is 2 things mainly.  My muscle weakness and paralysis and my GI tract problems.  God awful shit there.

RE

Save As Many As You Can

Offline Cam

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2020, 07:07:28 PM »

My grandpa told me this when we got coffee together months ago before covid. He says older folks like talking to young people because the conversations are about more than just how everyone's body is decaying. He was only half joking I think.
As this world disintegrates, do what you can to help build what comes next.

Offline Surly1

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2020, 01:43:34 AM »

My grandpa told me this when we got coffee together months ago before covid. He says older folks like talking to young people because the conversations are about more than just how everyone's body is decaying. He was only half joking I think.

He may not have been joking at all. I recently wrote a memorial piece for my friend Joe who recently passed. He would get a few of us together for lunch. At a certain age, lunch is the only social life you have left. I go to bed at the time I used to go out for the evening!
"...reprehensible lying communist..."

Offline knarf

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Album: Collapstead Intentional Community
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2020, 07:51:21 AM »
JESUS SAYS "The world and its desires pass away!" right there in the Bible! 1 John 2:17... At least that's what whoever wrote that "book" heard somebody say.

From birth to death there is nothing but DOOOOOOOM!

It seems true. Not one thing you can think of lasts "forever". or does it?  :exp-angel: We don't KNOW! Some people claim too. I must have heard 100's of variations of "life" after death. So, assuming we will or won't know after we die, we will just have wait until THE END!

The west is duelist in it's fundamental thinking and concept making. I think it is the savage way of Divide and Conquer.  Hindu and Buddhism are not duelist. So those cultures have made death and decay a part of their normal way of seeing the world. There is a lot of poverty everywhere, but not everybody that lives in poverty is a wretch. I know by experience that 80% of the poorest people in the neighborhoods in East New York, burning cars, murder, rape, stealing, etc.... were living pretty happy lives. Probably more so than my white friends who worried about the stupidest shit, and carried their white privilege with them...ALWAYS! Me too.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/12DeNdF0KPA&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/12DeNdF0KPA&fs=1</a>
NECROCAPITALISM at http://openmind693.wordpress.com ‘Rolling thunder. Shock. A noble one in fear and dread sets things in order and is watchful.’ I-Ching (Hex.51)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: Album: Collapstead Intentional Community
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2020, 08:12:46 AM »
JESUS SAYS "The world and its desires pass away!" right there in the Bible! 1 John 2:17... At least that's what whoever wrote that "book" heard somebody say.

From birth to death there is nothing but DOOOOOOOM!

It seems true. Not one thing you can think of lasts "forever". or does it?  :exp-angel: We don't KNOW! Some people claim too. I must have heard 100's of variations of "life" after death. So, assuming we will or won't know after we die, we will just have wait until THE END!

The west is duelist in it's fundamental thinking and concept making. I think it is the savage way of Divide and Conquer.  Hindu and Buddhism are not duelist. So those cultures have made death and decay a part of their normal way of seeing the world. There is a lot of poverty everywhere, but not everybody that lives in poverty is a wretch. I know by experience that 80% of the poorest people in the neighborhoods in East New York, burning cars, murder, rape, stealing, etc.... were living pretty happy lives. Probably more so than my white friends who worried about the stupidest shit, and carried their white privilege with them...ALWAYS! Me too.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/12DeNdF0KPA&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/12DeNdF0KPA&fs=1</a>

I love the Dust in the Wind tune by Kansas!  I have used it many times on the Diner.

Insofar as what occurs after you buy your ticket to the Great Beyond,  that can only be conjecture.  Nobody of any "Religion" can know this, not Christians, not Muslims, not Jews, not Buddhist or Hindus.  You just believe what you want to believe.

To go to a meta-level on this, I believe what you believe makes a difference when you cross the Great Divide.  If you are an Atheist who believes your Soul is gone with your Meat Package, so it will be.  I prefer to believe my Soul will find another corporeal host, somewhere in the Multiverse, after doing some wandering around of course.  Maybe for Millenia.  I am a Nomadic Soul.  Always have been.

RE
Save As Many As You Can