AuthorTopic: History of Marijuana as Medicine - 2900 BC to Present  (Read 348 times)

Offline knarf

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
History of Marijuana as Medicine - 2900 BC to Present
« on: July 07, 2020, 09:29:57 AM »
I was watching how smoking a couple hits of CBD-3 parts + cannabis-1 part mix relieves my IBS symptoms, and wondering how long it has been used for medicinal purposes, and how widely...which i guessed to be very very popular. So this is what I found. The point is that the Chemical Industry and Medical Oligarchs are giving their patients harmful drugs for most any problem your having. This is getting down to some class action suits on some medicines they have been pushing for 20 years. Like Jordan Peterson is still suffering withdrawal from what ever they gave him. Chemists are now able to tell what receptors in your body are turned on or off when taking a medication. How your glands secrete more of some chemical/s to effect these receptors which are often all over your body. Maybe Big Pharma is in for some BIG lawsuits after we find out just how they poisoned us, and class action their ass. If your on more than one medicine then often times the combination of those chemicals have contraindications. As we age, more crap goes bad. I am starting to really feel like Marijuana should be legalized, and loosely controlled.

2900 BC-1599 AD          1600-1899           1900-1949

1950-1969                    1970-1989           1990-1999

2000-2004                    2005-2009           2010-2015

2016-present

Examples....

2900 BC - Chinese Emperor Fu Hsi References Marijuana as a Popular Medicine

"The Chinese Emperor Fu Hsi (ca. 2900 BC), whom the Chinese credit with bringing civilization to China, seems to have made reference to Ma, the Chinese word for Cannabis, noting that Cannabis was very popular medicine that possessed both yin and yang."

1450 BC - Book of Exodus References Holy Anointing Oil Made from Cannabis

"Holy anointing oil, as described in the original Hebrew version of the recipe in Exodus (30:22-23), contained over six pounds of kaneh-bosem, a substance identified by respected etymologists, linguists, anthropologists, botanists and other researchers as cannabis, extracted into about six quarts of olive oil, along with a variety of other fragrant herbs. The ancient anointed ones were literally drenched in this potent mixture."
Chris Bennett "Was Jesus a Stoner?," High Times Magazine, Feb. 10, 2003

"Marijuana proponents suggest that the recipe for the anointing oil passed from God to Moses included cannabis, or kaneh-bosm in Hebrew. They point to versions calling for fragrant cane, which they say was mistakenly changed to the plant calamus in the King James version of the Bible."

Shannon Kari "Cannabis Involved in Christ's Anointment?," National Post, Apr. 22, 2010

[Editor's Note: The Revell Bible Dictionary (1990), by Lawrence O. Richards, estimates that the events of the Book of Exodus occurred around 1450 BC.]

1000 BC - Bhang, a Drink of Cannabis and Milk, Is Used in India as an Anesthetic

Bhang, a cannabis drink generally mixed with milk, is used as an anesthetic and anti-phlegmatic in India. Cannabis begins to be used in India to treat a wide variety of human maladies.

700 BC - Medical Use of Marijuana in the Middle East Recorded in the Venidad

"The Venidad, one of the volumes of the Zend-Avesta, the ancient Persian religious text written around the seventh century BC purportedly by Zoroaster (or Zarathustra), the founder of Zoroastrianism, and heavily influenced by the Vedas, mentions bhang and lists cannabis as the most important of 10,000 medicinal plants."

many many many more examples

https://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/historical-timeline/
NECROCAPITALISM at http://openmind693.wordpress.com ‘Rolling thunder. Shock. A noble one in fear and dread sets things in order and is watchful.’ I-Ching (Hex.51)

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: History of Marijuana as Medicine - 2900 BC to Present
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2020, 03:58:43 PM »
I was watching how smoking a couple hits of CBD-3 parts + cannabis-1 part mix relieves my IBS symptoms, and wondering how long it has been used for medicinal purposes, and how widely...which i guessed to be very very popular. So this is what I found. The point is that the Chemical Industry and Medical Oligarchs are giving their patients harmful drugs for most any problem your having. This is getting down to some class action suits on some medicines they have been pushing for 20 years. Like Jordan Peterson is still suffering withdrawal from what ever they gave him. Chemists are now able to tell what receptors in your body are turned on or off when taking a medication. How your glands secrete more of some chemical/s to effect these receptors which are often all over your body. Maybe Big Pharma is in for some BIG lawsuits after we find out just how they poisoned us, and class action their ass. If your on more than one medicine then often times the combination of those chemicals have contraindications. As we age, more crap goes bad. I am starting to really feel like Marijuana should be legalized, and loosely controlled.

2900 BC-1599 AD          1600-1899           1900-1949

1950-1969                    1970-1989           1990-1999

2000-2004                    2005-2009           2010-2015

2016-present

Examples....

2900 BC - Chinese Emperor Fu Hsi References Marijuana as a Popular Medicine

"The Chinese Emperor Fu Hsi (ca. 2900 BC), whom the Chinese credit with bringing civilization to China, seems to have made reference to Ma, the Chinese word for Cannabis, noting that Cannabis was very popular medicine that possessed both yin and yang."

1450 BC - Book of Exodus References Holy Anointing Oil Made from Cannabis

"Holy anointing oil, as described in the original Hebrew version of the recipe in Exodus (30:22-23), contained over six pounds of kaneh-bosem, a substance identified by respected etymologists, linguists, anthropologists, botanists and other researchers as cannabis, extracted into about six quarts of olive oil, along with a variety of other fragrant herbs. The ancient anointed ones were literally drenched in this potent mixture."
Chris Bennett "Was Jesus a Stoner?," High Times Magazine, Feb. 10, 2003

"Marijuana proponents suggest that the recipe for the anointing oil passed from God to Moses included cannabis, or kaneh-bosm in Hebrew. They point to versions calling for fragrant cane, which they say was mistakenly changed to the plant calamus in the King James version of the Bible."

Shannon Kari "Cannabis Involved in Christ's Anointment?," National Post, Apr. 22, 2010

[Editor's Note: The Revell Bible Dictionary (1990), by Lawrence O. Richards, estimates that the events of the Book of Exodus occurred around 1450 BC.]

1000 BC - Bhang, a Drink of Cannabis and Milk, Is Used in India as an Anesthetic

Bhang, a cannabis drink generally mixed with milk, is used as an anesthetic and anti-phlegmatic in India. Cannabis begins to be used in India to treat a wide variety of human maladies.

700 BC - Medical Use of Marijuana in the Middle East Recorded in the Venidad

"The Venidad, one of the volumes of the Zend-Avesta, the ancient Persian religious text written around the seventh century BC purportedly by Zoroaster (or Zarathustra), the founder of Zoroastrianism, and heavily influenced by the Vedas, mentions bhang and lists cannabis as the most important of 10,000 medicinal plants."

many many many more examples

https://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/historical-timeline/

Just be careful with those gummy bears. Very pleasant buzz....and  I was fine......until I tried to stand up. LOL.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.