AuthorTopic: Food Safety and the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)  (Read 605 times)

Offline knarf

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Food Safety and the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
« on: September 02, 2020, 08:37:33 AM »
The following are resources available to industry members and consumers on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and food safety.

For additional information, visit FDA's Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) main page.

External Link Disclaimer

Food facilities and farms can report a closure or a reduction in operations and/or request assistance for a human food establishment regulated by the FDA, excluding restaurant, retail food establishments, and animal food operations. Read the full guidance for additional information Reporting a Temporary Closure or Significantly Reduced Production by a Human Food Establishment and Requesting FDA Assistance During the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency.

Contact FDA
What's New
For Consumers
For Retail Food Establishments and Food Service

For Food Facilities (including Seafood) and Farms
en Español (Spanish)
Questions & Answers for Industry
Food Supply Chain

Social Distancing, Disinfecting & Other Precautions

Temporary Policy

Workers Testing Positive

Import/Export

See Animal Food Safety and the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) for information related to animal food.

Food Supply Chain
Where should I send questions if we are having problems moving food or getting food through areas that have curfews and restrictions because of the coronavirus? (Updated June 2, 2020)

Where should the food industry go for guidance about business operations? (Updated April 20, 2020)

Why are there empty shelves at the local grocery store, while we see reports of food being dumped or crops being plowed under? (Posted April 14, 2020)
In some cases the inventory of certain foods at your grocery store might be temporarily low before stores can restock. Based on our ongoing communication with industry, we understand this is largely an issue of unprecedented demand from the retail sector – not a lack of capacity to produce, process and deliver.

Food production and manufacturing are widely dispersed throughout the United States, however; there is a significant shift in where consumers are buying food, because of the pandemic. While food use in large-scale establishments, such as hotels, restaurants, sports arenas/stadiums and universities suddenly declined, the demand for food at grocery stores increased. FDA has issued temporary guidance to provide flexibility in packaging and labeling requirements to support food supply chains and get foods to the consumer retail marketplace.

What measures are FDA (and CDC, state partners, etc.) taking to ensure that we remain able to address foodborne illness outbreaks during the COVID-19 pandemic? (Posted March 17, 2020)
Social Distancing, Disinfecting & Other Precautions

Do you have best practices to share with retail food stores, restaurants, and food pick-up and delivery services that cover safe food handling, as well as employee health? (Updated April 20, 2020)

How do I maintain social distancing in my food production/processing facility and food retail establishment where employees typically work within close distances? (Updated April 5, 2020)

Should employees in retail food and food production settings wear face coverings to prevent exposure to COVID-19? (Posted April 4, 2020)
How and when should workers in food retail and processing wear gloves during a pandemic? (Posted April 1, 2020)
Will FDA/EPA approve off-label use of quaternary ammonium sanitizer at 200 ppm as a hand sanitizer for checkers and customers? It is currently on the EPA approved list for use in retail to sanitize food prep areas, dishes etc., and we would like to use it instead of gel hand sanitizer due to the lack of availability. (Posted March 23, 2020)
Are workers in the human and animal food and feed sector considered part of the essential critical infrastructure workforce? (Posted March 20, 2020)
What steps do I need to take to clean the facility/equipment to prevent the spread of COVID-19? (Posted March 17, 2020)
How do I handle self-service food buffets such as salad bars in a retail setting related to COVID-19? (Posted March 17, 2020)
Do I need to recall food products produced in the facility during the time that the worker was potentially shedding virus while working? (Posted March 17, 2020)
Temporary Policy

How does FDA’s temporary flexibility regarding the Egg Safety Rule help during COVID-19? (Posted April 6, 2020)
How does the temporary guidance regarding packaging and labeling of shell eggs help during COVID-19? (Posted April 6, 2020)
How does the temporary policy on Preventive Controls and FSVP Food Supplier Verification Onsite Audit Requirements help during the COVID-19 public health emergency? (Posted April 6, 2020)
Is FDA providing flexibility regarding the nutrition labeling of packaged food for restaurants and other businesses? (Posted March 27, 2020)
Workers Testing Positive
A worker in my food production/processing facility/farm has tested positive for COVID-19. What do I need to do to protect other employees and continue operations? (Posted July 17, 2020)
If a worker in my food processing facility has tested positive for COVID-19, should I test the environment for the SARS-CoV-2 virus? (Updated July 17, 2020)
If a worker in my food processing facility/farm has tested positive for COVID-19, Should I close the facility? If so, for how long? (Updated July 17, 2020)
Import/Export
What do U.S. exporters of FDA-regulated food products need to consider related to COVID-19? (July 29, 2020)

https://www.fda.gov/food/food-safety-during-emergencies/food-safety-and-coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19
NECROCAPITALISM at http://openmind693.wordpress.com ‘Rolling thunder. Shock. A noble one in fear and dread sets things in order and is watchful.’ I-Ching (Hex.51)