AuthorTopic: The Priceless Benefits of Not Belonging  (Read 351 times)

Offline knarf

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
The Priceless Benefits of Not Belonging
« on: September 04, 2020, 09:43:12 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mDGOZWp5iGk&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/mDGOZWp5iGk&fs=1</a>
NECROCAPITALISM at http://openmind693.wordpress.com ‘Rolling thunder. Shock. A noble one in fear and dread sets things in order and is watchful.’ I-Ching (Hex.51)

Offline John of Wallan

• Waitstaff
  • You bloody galah!
    • View Profile
Re: The Priceless Benefits of Not Belonging
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2020, 02:58:54 PM »
Its and interesting psychology of needing to belong in the first place. Maybe its being scared of isolation as we are all social creatures, or more often its jealousy or envy of what others have in this internet age. It seems everyone want to belong somewhere.

Some ironic examples:

I see the rugged individuals on their Harleys all dressed the same and riding the same bikes, with the same ape hangers and loud pipes, same boots and anti-social persona being non-conformists by being all the same.

It would seem that nearly everyone on this forum is here because they dont belong somewhere. We dont fit what might be called "Mainstream", and have a shared belief in things are not right and we need to be aware and perhaps prepared. Not belonging has driven us to a forum where we belong. Too many people believe not agreeing is enough of a reason to kick someone out of a group or to isolate them to some degree. Not belonging can be painfull, but also beneficial if you have the right frame of mind.

The tyrannical leader who is clinging to power always seems to find more and more reasons to make sure you dont belong. The only defence sometimes is to treat it with utter indifference. Like Ignoring trolls is also the only real defence. Now thats a subject we should discuss: the psychology of internet trolls. What on earth drives those fucknuckles? All I can think is that people get somehow jealous of others interacting or belonging and have to somehow tear down that perceived advantage or superiority or benefits of belonging... Could never figure it out. Perhaps they didnt get enough hugs as children. Perhaps they never grew up and moved out of their mothers basements, but I think that is a bit of a stereotype. I think they are just nasty people who get a boost to their very low self esteem by believing they are beating others in a contest they dream up. Like believing you are superior due to your genetics. A contest where only the winner can set the rules and the rest or the participants dont even know they are playing.

One of the best pieces of wisdom I have heard was that jealousy does not harm the person you are jealous of. It only harms yourself.

I am rambling now.

JOW