AuthorTopic: How many True Friends do you have?  (Read 1945 times)

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: How many True Friends do you have?
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2020, 08:09:57 AM »
One of the characteristics of emo men is that they don’t have a big circle of friends like physical men do. Physical men get together to watch football and shit like that. Lots of  beer drinking and back slapping and hanging out. Emo men, not so much.

In his book, John Kappas said that emo men, if they have a friend, will often only have one friend....and that friend is usually a physical. That resonated with me.

Looks like they have a free test for E&P now.

https://hypnosis.edu/ep/intro

Kappas might have basically repackaged introversion vs extraversion there.

I can't remember if I am Emo or Physical?   :icon_scratch:

RE

Nosebleed high emo.   lol.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Cam

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2020, 01:05:49 PM »
There are some similarities...but the E&P method of understanding psychosexual behavior is much more nuanced than simply calling someone an introvert or an extrovert. There is quite a bit more to it. I read Kappas book many years ago now, and what I learned from him has been very helpful.

Both males and females can be either emo or physical....but the characteristics of a “physical" woman is a little different than that of a “physical" man.

Emo v. Physical is a spectrum.....not all individuals are at the extremes....but some of us are....in relationships, “high” physical sexual types are most definitely highly attracted to high emo sexual types and vice versa. It explains a lot about how marriages go bad.

High emo women, in particular, tend to be sexually dysfunctional...aka “frigid”. There isn’t much positive you can say about high emo women.

If I can figure out two things about a person....whether they are an emo or a physical sexual type.....and what their Enneagram type is....it is very easy to understand that person and how they are apt to behave in the world.

Doomer forums are inhabited by lots of E type ones and eights (with some exceptions thankfully, since ones and eights can be assholes)....and most of them are high emo males...in my experience. If I ever ran across a high physical male on a doomer forum, I can’t remember it.

I like that I shake up the forums then, me being type 9 and 2 and 7 tied for second place. I'm also 70% emotional so that's more fitting to the norm. I joined Permies recently and it seems like a fitting atmosphere for someone like me being agreeable and all. Here on the diner I like reading the debates that get intense but I rarely like getting involved in them directly. lol.
As this world disintegrates, do what you can to help build what comes next.

Offline Nearingsfault

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2020, 06:24:44 PM »
There are some similarities...but the E&P method of understanding psychosexual behavior is much more nuanced than simply calling someone an introvert or an extrovert. There is quite a bit more to it. I read Kappas book many years ago now, and what I learned from him has been very helpful.

Both males and females can be either emo or physical....but the characteristics of a “physical" woman is a little different than that of a “physical" man.

Emo v. Physical is a spectrum.....not all individuals are at the extremes....but some of us are....in relationships, “high” physical sexual types are most definitely highly attracted to high emo sexual types and vice versa. It explains a lot about how marriages go bad.

High emo women, in particular, tend to be sexually dysfunctional...aka “frigid”. There isn’t much positive you can say about high emo women.

If I can figure out two things about a person....whether they are an emo or a physical sexual type.....and what their Enneagram type is....it is very easy to understand that person and how they are apt to behave in the world.

Doomer forums are inhabited by lots of E type ones and eights (with some exceptions thankfully, since ones and eights can be assholes)....and most of them are high emo males...in my experience. If I ever ran across a high physical male on a doomer forum, I can’t remember it.

I like that I shake up the forums then, me being type 9 and 2 and 7 tied for second place. I'm also 70% emotional so that's more fitting to the norm. I joined Permies recently and it seems like a fitting atmosphere for someone like me being agreeable and all. Here on the diner I like reading the debates that get intense but I rarely like getting involved in them directly. lol.
Permies is a good site Cam. I imagine you would fit in well there. I contribute a bit in the energy, homestead, wells and ponds, and gasification/alternative energy forums. I tend to be a little guarded there as it is a highly moderated forum. I dont like high drama content much so it suits me.
Cheers,  NF
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 06:57:04 PM by Nearingsfault »
If its important then try something, fail, disect, learn from it, try again, and again and again until it kills you or you succeed.

Offline Cam

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2020, 04:47:38 AM »
Permies is a good site Cam. I imagine you would fit in well there. I contribute a bit in the energy, homestead, wells and ponds, and gasification/alternative energy forums. I tend to be a little guarded there as it is a highly moderated forum. I dont like high drama content much so it suits me.
Cheers,  NF

Yeah it seems like a friendly place to me. Lots of practical stuff too which makes me a big fan. I especially like the PEP program because it gives me a framework to direct all my energy when it comes to learning new skills and tracking what I've learned.
As this world disintegrates, do what you can to help build what comes next.

Offline K-Dog

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • K-Dog
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2020, 02:51:59 AM »
I took the test.

Your Results: 57% Physical and 43% Emotional.

I don't think much of the test.  The questions do not permit the nuance and complexity of real life.  On almost every question my response would depend on particulars the question can't express.  Some of my answers depend on what life has taught me and not on a natural and foolish first impulse.  I'm more complicated.
Under ideal conditions of temperature and pressure the organism will grow without limit.

Offline Nearingsfault

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2020, 05:28:54 AM »
One of the characteristics of emo men is that they don’t have a big circle of friends like physical men do. Physical men get together to watch football and shit like that. Lots of  beer drinking and back slapping and hanging out. Emo men, not so much.

In his book, John Kappas said that emo men, if they have a friend, will often only have one friend....and that friend is usually a physical. That resonated with me.

Looks like they have a free test for E&P now.

https://hypnosis.edu/ep/intro
I tried that link and ended up 64 physical, 36 emotional. I did not agree with the broad characteristics but it did put a disclaimer about people in new relationships...
On the introvert extrovert no big surprise I would be an introvert...
If its important then try something, fail, disect, learn from it, try again, and again and again until it kills you or you succeed.

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2020, 12:11:32 PM »
I haven’t even taken the test...Like most personality tests, you might score somewhat differently on a different day....I view E&P in a similar way to the Enneagram...and by that I mean that a quickie test is not the best way to know your type. There used to be some pretty good videos that George Kappas (son of John and the late Florence Henderson, the actress) did in some of his workshops. I read the book years before I ever found the hypnosis school website....the book was pretty clear.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.