AuthorTopic: Someone You Love: Coming to a Gulag Near You  (Read 5285 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
77 Year Old Greek Pharmacist Blows His Brains Out in Syntagma Square
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2012, 12:58:10 AM »
  I want to go out as a Free Man, best I can.  If anyone is going to put a Bullet through my Brain, it will be me.  If it was good enough for Hunter, its good enough for me.

RE

Note on the Bullet-Brain choice.  Yesterday morning, one 77 year old Greek Citizen made this Choice for himself.  Here is his Suicide Note, as published on Zero Hedge, with some commetary after:

"The Tsolakoglou government has annihilated all traces for my survival, which was based on a very dignified pension that I alone paid for 35 years with no help from the state. And since my advanced age does not allow me a way of dynamically reacting (although if a fellow Greek were to grab a Kalashnikov, I would be right behind him), I see no other solution than this dignified end to my life, so I don’t find myself fishing through garbage cans for my sustenance. I believe that young people with no future, will one day take up arms and hang the traitors of this country at Syntagma square, just like the Italians did to Mussolini in 1945" 

More from Athens News:

Georgios Tsolakoglou was the first collaborationist prime minister during Germany's occupation of Greece during the Second World War.

The reference has been widely interpreted as a comparison between the wartime collaborationist government and the current government of Lucas Papademos.

The suicide occured shortly before 9am, as people went about their business on the square. Christoulas, 77, shot himself while standing next to a tree on one of the grassy areas on the square.  He died from a single shot to the head, reports say.

He was a retired pharmacist, with a wife and a daughter. He sold his pharmacy in 1994.

Laos head Yiorgos Karatzaferis noted in Parliament that the bullet that killed the man in Syntagma, also hit the conscience of the Greek political sphere. "This is not just a person that killed himself", he said. "This event should make us understand that we have all been behind this, we have all pulled the trigger. What did this man see from us, before deciding to take his own life? He saw shady goings-on, he saw none of those that stole from him and the Greek people go to jail. What else did he see? He saw no help coming his way, as he tried to deal with his loans and debts. What did this man hear from us? He heard that no slack would be given to him, no room to move, while the political parties would get plenty of money. Money they did not deserve"

"Death isn't just to die, it's also to live in despair, with no hope", New Democracy head Antonis Samaras said of the event, before adding that "incidents like these are what makes the fulfilment of our duty even more important and even more urgent. We must help Greece out of its current state, we must help Greeks escape from despair".

"We have watched all this time as suicides have escalated dramatically in our country, a product of the disgraceful financial policies followed by New democracy and Pasok", was Syriza MP Litsa Amanatidou - Pashalidou's take on the event.

Independent Greeks leader Panos Kamenos called for the suicides of those involved in the country's current state. "It wasn't this man who should have commited suicide. Rather, it should have been those politicians that knowingly led Greece to be crushed by this vice", he said.

Yiannis Dimaras, party leader of  the Hellenic Citizens' Charriot stressed that "those who have voted away all the rights of this country, those who have given our dignity away, are those that are guilty for spilling the blood of this Greek pensioner".

Dimitris Zafiriadis, party spokesman for the Democratic Alliance said that this action was an indication of the desperation that a large segment of Greek society is currently feeling, as it watches its way of life being violently altered".

Meanwhile, Pasok MP for Corinthia and former party spokesman Panos Beglitis has come inder heavy fire for his comments while speaking to private television station Skai TV earlier on Wednesday. When asked why no one does anything to help people who are driven to such extremes due to mounting debts, Beglitis repsonded by saying that "in cases like these, we must be very careful when commenting about anything. All I can say, is that this mean was very brave and sensitive. We cannot however connect his suicide with the country's current financial plight. Besides we do not even know if he amassed the debts, or whether his children had a hand in it".

The shocked Greek community is issuing calls for a "Syntagma afternoon" later on Wednesday

This reminds me not just a little bit of the Fruit Vendor who offed himself, starting off the Arab Spring.  The Greeks are Tinder waiting for a Match.  This is a very powerful Match.

RE
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 01:04:02 AM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline peter

• Administrator
  • Waitstaff
    • View Profile
Re: Someone You Love: Coming to a Gulag Near You
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2012, 08:38:26 AM »
I have no doubt whatsoever we are all on the shit list already. The list will be categorized and they won't want to warn the lesser fish of the danger they are in until they are ready to deal with them. Becoming aware of being on the shit list like I did in around 2002 is a huge wakeup call. It then becomes obvious its not just a theory, there IS someone out to get you. It also makes one aware we already live in a cage. For me it confirmed my search for reality was on the right track.

While trying to maintain the facade of a democracy there isn't much TPTB can do to people that live within the law. They can and do twist the law to get the bigger fish but doing that to the masses risks a large revolt they might not yet be able to cope with. That they are now much more obviously twisting the law for less important matters suggests they think they are very closer to where they need to be to take overt control. To me it appears likely they will ratchet up their level of control substantially very soon.

Once they have their dictatorship they can do whatever they want. If they even just suspect you might become a problem they will rid themselves of that possible problem.  That's when our category will be dealt with. Soon after TPTB will deal with those with a clean nose but which TPTB have no further need of. Even if this group is still fully complying with the law but are no longer needed by TPTB they will then be disposed of.

Setting up the sequence of dealing with this problem simply follows well established problem solving guidelines. It's just another business decision. The reason we struggle with accepting this possibility is that we have consciences and find the possibility of massive killing for our own gain unthinkable. TPTB are not hindered by a conscience, their only consideration is their own welfare. To TPTB killing off a few million or billion peons so they can continue to live in comfort is a logical and acceptable step to take.

Look at history and tell me it isn't so.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 08:56:47 AM by peter »

Offline ross

• Global Moderator
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2012, 05:22:24 PM »
A resignation to and acceptance of death is on the Stages of Collapse Grieving Spectrum.

Somewhere between Denial and Acceptance.

Ya, we all have to go. But this is the pinnacle of life expectancy. You 50+ crowd had a nice run. Imagine facing 50 (yea right...) years of collapse. I don't kid myself about a long life expectancy. I just try to live everyday in awe of this monolith that is crumbling before my eyes.

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2012, 09:58:50 PM »
A resignation to and acceptance of death is on the Stages of Collapse Grieving Spectrum.

Somewhere between Denial and Acceptance.

Ya, we all have to go. But this is the pinnacle of life expectancy. You 50+ crowd had a nice run. Imagine facing 50 (yea right...) years of collapse. I don't kid myself about a long life expectancy. I just try to live everyday in awe of this monolith that is crumbling before my eyes.

Here's a Motto to Live by that should help.

Live Fast, Die Young, Leave a Good Looking Corpse

To Peter I say, once you figure that you are already a Dead Man Walking anyhow, you really have nothing to lose writing on the Internet.  In any event, it doesn't worry me, and if/when the Black Vans show up I get my chance to go out in a Blaze of Glory.  Of course, if they nab me next time I go down for Dental Hell in Mejico I'll be bummed :-(

Meanwhile, I write it as I see it.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2012, 07:09:24 AM »
I also feel we have some time left, however the TBTB are really gaining momentum; they seem to be in a rush all of a sudden. The internet, while a wonderful tool for us, was a boon to them in their disgusting info gathering lust. Where we spend our money, what we read, who we talk to,our medical records, family trees, medications we need, insurance we carry. It is and endless list used for evil purposes, none other.                                               Peter posed the question of what other modern ways they might have to control their slaves. I consider there takeover of the critical drugs many of us need to remain alive a real threat. You know, blood pressure, diabetes insulin, etc. Would just hate to have to go before the local drug czar to get my monthly allotment, while his panel decided if I were of any further use to them before giving me my allotment receipt. Cannot waste critical materials on the no longer productive or troublemakers posting on blogs.   

Offline Surly1

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2012, 10:10:29 AM »
"They are born, put in a box; they go home to live in a box; they study by ticking boxes; they go to what is called “work” in a box, where they sit in their cubicle box; they drive to the grocery store in a box to buy food in a box; they talk about thinking “outside the box”; and when they die they are put in a box. " ~N.N. Taleb

This thread has made me see more clearly, especially Peter's observations. If you aqre on a list, and KNOW you are on the list, then you suddenly have more freedom of action, if for no other reason than you no longer worry about whether or not you're on a list.

Time to climb out of the box.
"...reprehensible lying communist..."