AuthorTopic: DD Podcasts  (Read 25106 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
DD Podcasts
« on: May 30, 2013, 10:36:04 PM »
Diner Pocasts will be beginning in earnest here over the next few weeks.  Monsta is Producing his own Interview Show, and Haniel has sent in numerous of the Lectures from the Age of Limits 2013 Conference held over Memorial Day Weekend at 4 Quarters Interfaith Sanctuary in Pennsylvania.

The Albert Bates The Global Ecovillage Movement lecture from Age of Limits 2013 Conference held over Memorial Day Weekend is currently UP through Saturday.

Go to the Age of Limits 2013 board, the Podcast thread for announcements and discussion.

http://www.doomsteaddiner.net/forum/index.php?topic=1433.0

After this, I am going to more or less follow the actual schedule the lectures followed. Haniel got about 8 or so I think, including both of Gailís and Mr. Wizard's.  They'll be up 2-3 days each.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline DoomerSupport

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
  • Fiat collapsus rualt caelum
    • View Profile
Re: DD Podcasts
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 12:17:16 AM »
I did not get are Carolyn Baker's.  Those were exercises around the process of grief and connection, and deeply personal to those present.  It would not have been respectful to record them.

I also did not get the Doomer lodge on tape since I was busy  8) but I have a feeling the concept, structure and ritual written to date is not going away...

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
DD Monsta of Doom Podcasts: Saturday June 8, 2013 Launch Date
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 11:15:51 PM »
OK Gang, looks like all the Technical Issues have been worked out now and Monsta has 5 Podcasts in the Can here already, though full post-production has not been finished on all of them yet.  This includes a 3 part Podcast from Yours Truly and a 2 part Podcast from Surly.

I have now figured out how to Embed said Podcasts on the Diner Blog, and beginning Saturday you will see a new Button on the Menu Bar on the Diner Blog for Podcasts.

The Schedule for the Podcasts in the Can are the first 2 Parts from me this Saturday, then the first part from Surly the next Saturday.  The Saturday after that remains up in the air, may be one from WHD or LD if one of those gets recorded here.  Gail from OFW also will do a Podcast with us sometime in the near future.

I listened to the first Part from Surly, and it sounds GREAT!  Almost as good as mine!  LOL.  I think Diners will find them interesting and informative, especially Newer Rookie Diners.  Even Veterans should enjoy them, as it is slightly different to Listen to the ideas in Discussion rather than Read them on the Page.

Definitely raises the overall level of the Diner Product of Doom.  Along with the coming DinerTV, we stay at the Leading Edge of Techno-Wizardry Collapse Blogging on the Net!  :icon_mrgreen:

DOOMSTEAD DINER.  #1 FOR DOOM ON THE NET!
RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 04:09:23 AM »
I created a new Podcast Board to house all discussion of Diner Podcasts.  You are now reading it.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 02:28:35 AM »
OK!  I got the Intro Article written for the first 2 Podcasts, due to go up Saturday.  This is an Event not to be Missed Diners!  Monsta has got final files here about ready, we created a new Monsta of Doom email account and all the protocols are set.

This is gonna be FUN!  :icon_mrgreen:

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
DD Podcasts: GRAND OPENING!
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 11:16:07 PM »
All the Details have been worked out and we are set to ROCK the world of DOOM!

I already have up the PODCAST page on the Diner, currently Featuring a lecture from Gail the Actuary from the Age of Limits Conference.  Unlike some Blogger who shall remain Nameless, Gail is very HAPPY to have her shit published anywhere she can.  Hell, she even publishes on Biz Insider.  LOL.

Saturday the 1st 2 from me go up, then Surly then it goes from there as the Podcasts get recorded and Monsta gets them Ready For Prime Time.  He's already done another one with WHD, GM & LD he told me, though not yet through Post Production.

This is an IMPORTANT Weekend to go out and PLUG THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF THE DOOMSTEAD DINER!  Head out there onto your favorite Doom Websites and drop in a LINK for our Podcasts.

SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN!
RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2013, 12:59:38 AM »
Forgive me, I am a bit lost over the new podcast thread as usual.  Are we supposed to post any commentary about the podcasts here,  just listened to Gails and it was clear and worked beautifully, or are we supposed to post comments on the comment box which appears under the podcast.?

Are Diners going to be able to post favored podcasts or links to them on this thread or will it be a different one?

I really enjoy this type of venue for long involved presentations as it affords the listener the luxury of lying down and resting ones eyes from the computer screen and allowing more  contemplation. The ability to go back and re- listen to a section is also a very appealing aspect of this venue.

Thanks to all involved for what appears to be a very successful launch. 

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2013, 01:29:17 AM »
Forgive me, I am a bit lost over the new podcast thread as usual.  Are we supposed to post any commentary about the podcasts here,  just listened to Gails and it was clear and worked beautifully, or are we supposed to post comments on the comment box which appears under the podcast.?

At the moment, we are housing the Podcasts on Soundcloud, a Web Freebie if you know how to use it right.  You CAN place comments on the Soundcloud site, but I for one will not be monitoring those comments.  If you want to chat up anything that is discussed in one of the Podcasts, the place to do it is here inside the Diner on the Podcast Board.  You can start your own Threads here as well as any I or Monsta might create in tandem with a given Podcast.

Are Diners going to be able to post favored podcasts or links to them on this thread or will it be a different one?

Because we are currently using the Freeby on Soundcloud, only a limited number of Podcasts will be up on that site at any given time. Based on the length we are working with for Monsta of Doom Podcasts, about 4 might be available at any given time.  They run about 1/2 hour each, and 2 hours is the Max for the Freeby Account on Soundcloud.  For as long as they are UP, your Links to them will work, but after a month or so they will no longer work.  Monsta and I have all the original MP3 files, and will rePodcast occasionally some of them but overall they are time limited on the Web.  I may house them all on the Diner Natively at some point, but this is Bandwidth Consumptive to do, so unless the Diner is MAKING MONEY, I won't do that.

I really enjoy this type of venue for long involved presentations as it affords the listener the luxury of lying down and resting ones eyes from the computer screen and allowing more  contemplation. The ability to go back and re- listen to a section is also a very appealing aspect of this venue.

Thanks to all involved for what appears to be a very successful launch.

So far, so good.  Another advantage for many folks is you can Listen while Driving, nice for the Morning Commute and so forth.  Besides that, lots of folks just don't LIKE reading much, so Audio works better for them and can bring the MESSAGE to more people.

Can't WAIT for your Review of the first Monsta of Doom Shows GO.  That should be entertaining in itself.  LOL

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2013, 01:45:12 AM »
Thanks RE, Clears it up somewhat. Appeared to be two separate threads with the same name.

How do you listen in  a car?  I just bought an Apple I pad mini so I could bring the podcast channel upstairs to my bedroom for listening, would that work in a car also?

No I would need internet access everywhere I was driving, so do you download the podcast to the device somehow and listen that way.?

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2013, 01:59:19 AM »
Thanks RE, Clears it up somewhat. Appeared to be two separate threads with the same name.

How do you listen in  a car?  I just bought an Apple I pad mini so I could bring the podcast channel upstairs to my bedroom for listening, would that work in a car also?

No I would need internet access everywhere I was driving, so do you download the podcast to the device somehow and listen that way.?

At the moment, you would need 4G Wireless internet to listen in the car.  We are not at the moment providing the MP3s for Download to be listened to while not Web Connected.

However, Diner Mods and assorted Highly Valued Diners can request from me or Monsta the original MP3, with the proviso that you only use it for yourself and don't pass it on to others.  It is our "Intellectual Property".  LOL.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
DD Podcasts: Doom on MP3
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2013, 09:21:25 AM »
Several of the Diner Mods have PMed me requesting that our Podcasts are made available on MP3, so you can Load it onto your Ipod or other Music/Audio device while Driving or Jogging or Fucking or whatever else it is you are doing that keeps you away from your Trusty Laptop.  LOL.

The Podcasts WILL be available to Diner Subscribers on MP3 as we move forward here with the project.  Rome was not built in a Day however, and we are still in Launch Phase and making sure everything is working right and collecting good material to use for Podcasts.  As EVERYBODY KNOWS, one of the things I hate most is getting caught with my pants down on the techy end.  Peter and I worked very hard to make this Platform the best one on the Net for Doom Discussion, and the move into Audio is a very big step all round, and I am trying to do it carefully so as not to fuck up too bad here.  LOL.

There will be Updates here in the Podcast thread as we engineer it to make available the MP3s for those who want to download them to various listening devices.  Cut me some slack here folks, and give it some time.  PATIENCE!  I've been slaving at Collapse for years now, and while yea it might all Collapse before everything comes together perfectly, it still makes no CFS to pull the Bread out of the Oven before the Baking is done.  Personally I like my Bread nice and Fluffy on the Inside with a good Chewy Crust on the Outside.  With Luck and Good Planning, this is how the Podcasts should come out.

JTHO of the Chief Cook & Bottlewasher here on the Diner.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Monsta of Doom Podcast Launch
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2013, 07:35:20 PM »
Monsta of Doom Podcast Launch now UP on the Diner Blog!

I'm so enthused and since it's all ready, I decided to publish a day early.  :icon_mrgreen:

Can't WAIT for the Feedback.  LOL.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
DD Podcasts: Playcount
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2013, 08:18:06 PM »
Hey!  We may get some idea of what our Blog Readership is out of this!  Soundcloud Counts the number of Plays each Podcast gets.

We can all be collectively depressesed when we find out only 30 of us are real people reading the Diner.  LOL.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: DD Podcasts: Playcount
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2013, 10:37:22 PM »
Good Newz:  Podcast #1 made Double Digits already!

Bad Newz:  Only 4 went on to listen to Podcast #2

What's the Over/Under for Listens on these Podcasts by the end of the Weekend?

I'll go 50 for P1, 30 for P2

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: DD Podcasts: Playcount
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2013, 11:09:48 PM »
Good Newz:  Podcast #1 made Double Digits already!

Bad Newz:  Only 4 went on to listen to Podcast #2

What's the Over/Under for Listens on these Podcasts by the end of the Weekend?

I'll go 50 for P1, 30 for P2

RE

Don't worry. Nobody's going to get enthused until we get the old guys out of the way.  :icon_mrgreen: 60-40