AuthorTopic: DD Podcasts  (Read 26073 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
DD Podcasts: AWESOME PLUGMOBILE!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2013, 11:28:51 PM »
I just figured out you can Customize the Graphic that goes to the Left of all the Embeds, and added a Diner Graphic with our URL on it!

So now, anyone who picks up one of these Podcasts and Embeds on their Website (like Dmitry) AUTOMATICALLY ends up Plugging the Diner!  The graphic I created took a piece of our Header and I added the URL at the bottom.  Not a Hot Link, but at least people see where the originating URL is.

Wish I had figured this out before getting into the argument with Dmitry about Linking to the Diner.  Oh well, live and learn.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: DD Podcasts
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2013, 05:36:45 AM »
Jimbo Cross Posted the Intro Podcast Article on TBP!  :icon_mrgreen:

This may prove interesting.  LOL.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2013, 06:04:12 AM »
Have just had the pleasure of listening to our second podcast with Monsta and RE, it was wonderful and a chance to meet both gents on a more personal note.

A few things I found to be surprising, RE's not becoming aware of our plight until the Bear Stearn's collapse, and the very hard to understand fact that RE became aware of our monetary situation through the work of Anatal Fekete, a true genius and pillar of the Gold bug community. Have read all of his works and long consider him one of my mentors as well as his students.

The fact of being unaware until the Bear Stearn's collapse becomes more understandable upon realizing you were not in the financial field at the time, but how you were awakened by Professor Fekete, and did not become an ardent Gold bug is mystifying.

On the technical side the theme song Everybody Knows fits well and suggest it should be the theme song on all our podcasts. Did not care as much for the Neal Young blast ending, thought it was rather too loud and lengthy and detracted, just  a personal taste issue.

Praises and accolades to Monsta for all his hard devoted work, and excellent job as interviewer. It is already obvious to me that this new venue of the Diner has much to offer and great potential.  :emthup: :emthup: :emthup: :icon_sunny:

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2013, 06:22:55 AM »
The fact of being unaware until the Bear Stearn's collapse becomes more understandable upon realizing you were not in the financial field at the time, but how you were awakened by Professor Fekete, and did not become an ardent Gold bug is mystifying.

Antal Fekete got me started, but over time I found his analysis to be somewhat thin.  He did write some real good stuff on debt though, which is thought provoking and I recommend to anyone interested in Monetary Issues to read Antal Fekete's work.  He has tons up on the net.  He's a Gold Bug Extraordinaire, you might call him the Father of All Gold Bugs.  LOL.

Been a LOOOONG road since I read "The Twilight of Irredeemable Debt", and while I do not agree with Antal Fekete's belief system in Gold as a final arbiter of wealth, I still do give him credit for making me look at the questions more closely.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2013, 03:03:08 PM »
45/28 already on Podcast 1/2.  62% retention rate, that's not bad!

If we make triple digits on this, I am going to be astounded.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2013, 06:38:37 PM »
I fell asleep listening to part 2 as usual, a little too much music for me.
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2013, 06:56:28 PM »
I fell asleep listening to part 2 as usual, a little too much music for me.

The intro music fades after a minute and you don't HAVE to listen to the Full tracks dropped on for the wrap.

You should have that Narcolepsy problem checked.  :icon_mrgreen:

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
DD Podcasts: When the Going Gets Weird, the Weird Turn Pro
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2013, 10:30:17 PM »

If the Podcasts continue to do well through the end of this month, I am going to fork over for a Pro Account on Soundcloud with the Doomstead Diner.  It costs $99/year, not bad.

The Pro Account is unlimited, so ALL the Podcasts will be up there, as well as the most recent available on the Monsta of Doom account.

The Pro account allows you to make the files Private, so this will be Members Only.  I will set the account so Members can D/L the Podcasts.

The Pro Account also offers Full Stats, which tell you not only how many are listening, but also where they are.  This will finally enable us to get a better idea how many real people read/listen to the Diner.

At the moment I am not setting a Price on this, I'll wait to see what the requests are and what the demand is.

Will appreciate Donations after I set up the account to help defray the costs.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline jdwheeler42

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Going Upslope
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2013, 01:27:24 AM »
My suggestions: leave the most recent podcast (maybe two) available for anyone to listen to, streaming only, no download.  This way people know what they're getting, and they can try to keep up, but sooner or later they're going to miss one that they really wanted to hear.  Also, if you do have 'a la carte' pricing for the podcasts, I would still have anyone who ponies up the $100 for the SUN project get the podcasts for free.
Making pigs fly is easy... that is, of course, after you have built the catapult....

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2013, 03:52:22 AM »
My suggestions: leave the most recent podcast (maybe two) available for anyone to listen to, streaming only, no download.  This way people know what they're getting, and they can try to keep up, but sooner or later they're going to miss one that they really wanted to hear.  Also, if you do have 'a la carte' pricing for the podcasts, I would still have anyone who ponies up the $100 for the SUN project get the podcasts for free.

We should have 3-4 up on the Monsta of Doom site as freebies all the time.

Indeed, the $100 SUN  :icon_sunny: Project contribution buys anyone Unlimited Downloads from the Doomstead Diner Soundcloud site once I buy the Pro Package.  I should also be able to A La Carte offer individual Podcasts at say $1 each on MP3 based on the way I think the Pro Package works.

On another note, the D/L stats now are 50 for Podcast 2, 75 for Podcast 1.  Expressed as a Decimal, that is .666.    :icon_mrgreen:

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline luciddreams

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2013, 09:21:34 AM »
cool, I've listened to both of your Podcast now RE.  I think Monsta does a fine job...great work Monsta  :emthup:

Can't wait to hear what he does with the WHD, LD, GM Podcast.  I expect I won't be heard much on it cause GM's female perspective is at an all time high just now.  William and Monsta were just being nice to me to get GM on :'(

It's all good, I know how to tame my ego :icon_sunny:

Here's too the success of the Diner :ernaehrung004:

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2013, 04:03:07 PM »
cool, I've listened to both of your Podcast now RE.  I think Monsta does a fine job...great work Monsta  :emthup:

Indeed, EXCELLENTO work by Monsta.

RE now up to 82/59, closing in on Triple Digits.

Gail still in the lead with 102, but hers was up a day before mine and had about 30 hits when I put up mine.

GO DINER!  #1 FOR DOOM ON THE NET!!!!
RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
DD Podcasts: Surly Interview 1-Politics & Mass Media
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2013, 12:09:12 AM »
DD Podcasts: Surly Interview 1-Politics & Mass Media now UP on the Diner Podcast Page!

In this interview with Monsta, Surly discusses his involvement with OWS, the reportage of the MSM, Union and Labor Movements and the future for the next generation inheriting the flotsam of the Age of Oil.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
DD Podcasts: Newz Page Update
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2013, 02:07:57 AM »
I have added the most Recent Podcast as a New Feature on the Diner Newz Page, which is the direct link for the http://doomsteaddiner.com URL.

So the Podcasts now appear in 3 locations on the Diner, the Central Podcast Page with all the currently UP Podcasts, a Post dedicated to a Podcast when it goes up, and the Embed on the Newz Page also.  It would be VERY hard to miss for anyone visiting the Diner.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2013, 10:13:33 AM »
I finally got around to listening to the interviews with RE and Surly. I found them to be excellent, both in the quality of Monsta's questions and in the responses, which I felt were well articulated, as well as sound and sensible in content.

(Applause)

It's very interesting, to me, to hear the particular sources and circumstances that led both of you (RE and Surly) to become aware of collapse, Peak Oil, OWS, and the Doomer Blogosphere...the timeline, the way your behavior and consciousness has been affected since you started reading and writing on these subjects.

My own story isn't that different. I started out as a guy who saw the potential in gold investing when spot was about $400. And it was the best of the market blogs that pointed me toward the instability in the financial world, a couple of years prior to the 2008 collapse. Through them I got acquainted with the great videos of Damon Vrabel, before he gave up on blogging.

At Christmas time in 2010, my daughter had an unfortunate rock-climbing accident, and as a result I took my yearly ski vacation without her or her mother (so that we didn't have to cancel the trip for the other 6 or 8 people who had planned to go), while she was in the hospital. I didn't feel much like skiing, so I read a book I'd brought along, which was Mike Ruppert's "Collapse". After that, the pieces sort of fell into place.

I was also influenced a great deal by that old curmudgeon, Howard Ruff. It was he who made me feel that I should be doing some prepping, on the off chance that something bad might happen without notice...From there it's been a short few years to where we are now.

Thanks, guys, for sharing your stories. Thanks, Monsta, for some great interview work.

What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.