AuthorTopic: DD Podcasts  (Read 25151 times)

Offline monsta666

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: DD Podcasts
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2013, 06:03:09 PM »
Thanks for the support to everyone it is greatly appreciated! One of these day it maybe an idea to do an interview with you Eddie. I think a topic about medicine in a post-collapse world would be an interesting topic to debate and I feel it is something that is not covered enough in the collapse blogosphere. Now I understand you are not a doctor but a dentist however I feel you could offer some good insights in how your profession and the wider medical profession will fair in the coming decades. More important though you can perhaps offer some advice on what you think is the best course of action for aspiring dentists/doctors should train in.

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2013, 07:01:33 PM »
Monsta and Surly, the podcast was just splendid!

How nice to meet Surly though the medium of voice, as in his writings the voice of sanity, reason, and compassion.

Monsta you are turning into a first class interviewer, your predicament on the housing situation caused me to do some serious thinking about where we are in the fantasy land of paper.

Surly you are correct in my view, the shooting of JFK was the turning point for sure. Remember that day as vividly as if it were yesterday. Nothing has ever been the same since that dreadful evil day.  :(

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
DD Podcasts: Guy McPherson
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2013, 07:15:36 PM »
We have a Podcast scheduled for recording with Uber-Doomer Guy McPherson on Friday.

Diners are welcome to submit Questions for Monsta to ask Guy in the course of the interview.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
The basic Script for the Podcast with Guy being recorded tomorrow has been drafted, but there is still time for Diners to submit additional Questions or Topics to be addressed in the Podcast.  You can either drop them here in this thread or send them by PM to Monsta.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
The basic Script for the Podcast with Guy being recorded tomorrow has been drafted, but there is still time for Diners to submit additional Questions or Topics to be addressed in the Podcast.  You can either drop them here in this thread or send them by PM to Monsta.

RE

"I heard you say in Mike Sosebee's documentary, Sometime in New Mexico Before the End of Time, that the solution to the predicament we are in, is to terminate the industrial economy. But I have also heard from others that @ 400ppm carbon in the atmosphere, the only thing keeping the climate from going totally haywire, overheating, is all the fine particulate in the air from global industrial activity, reflecting sunlight back into space. So it would seem, it may already be game over for the species, we just don't know it yet.

So, do you believe in the idea that the universe arose 'accidentally, without purpose, for no reason," as many scientific materialists believe, or do you intuit that there is in fact some spiritual purpose and meaning underlying everything, as traditional societies have long believed?"

Potential follow-up question: "If you believe there is some spiritual purpose and meaning underlying everything, could that make imminent extinction unlikely?"

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2013, 11:50:56 PM »
Excellent,excellent question WHD. I second the motion or question as the case may be. Thank you so much to everyone involved.

Offline luciddreams

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2013, 06:44:03 AM »
Excellent,excellent question WHD. I second the motion or question as the case may be. Thank you so much to everyone involved.

yes, I agree with Karpatok...excellent question William.  I insist that we ask Guy that Williams questions just as he asked them.  I'd love to hear his answers.   :icon_sunny:

Offline monsta666

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile

RE

"I heard you say in Mike Sosebee's documentary, Sometime in New Mexico Before the End of Time, that the solution to the predicament we are in, is to terminate the industrial economy. But I have also heard from others that @ 400ppm carbon in the atmosphere, the only thing keeping the climate from going totally haywire, overheating, is all the fine particulate in the air from global industrial activity, reflecting sunlight back into space. So it would seem, it may already be game over for the species, we just don't know it yet.

So, do you believe in the idea that the universe arose 'accidentally, without purpose, for no reason," as many scientific materialists believe, or do you intuit that there is in fact some spiritual purpose and meaning underlying everything, as traditional societies have long believed?"

Potential follow-up question: "If you believe there is some spiritual purpose and meaning underlying everything, could that make imminent extinction unlikely?"

Good questions and I feel they are good enough to be split into three questions to warrant three responses. I will say the questions came from you William as I wouldn't want take credit for the stuff said.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
DD Podcasts: Guy McPherson a Wrap!
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2013, 03:22:40 PM »
Just got off Skyping with Monsta and Guy for yet another AWESOME Diner Podcast.  Well, PODCASTS, since the conversation went a good 90 minutes or so.  It will be broken up into 2 parts, the first part covers the technical issues of Climate Change, 2nd part focuses on Guy's personal life history and philosophy.  So these podcasts will be somewhat longer than the ones we put up previously.

Monsta is going to try to have the first part ready for Publication tomorrow, together with my Sunday Brunch article for this week, PLAGUE!  The interview and the article dovetail nicely, so Sunday is a DO NOT MISS day here on the Diner!

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
DD Podcasts: RE MAKES TRIPLE DIGITS!
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2013, 05:44:07 PM »
I'M FAMOUS!  More than 100 people listened to me Pontificate on the Collapse of Industrial Civilization in Part 1 of my Podcast with Monsta!   :icon_mrgreen:

EGO CONTAINMENT HAS BEEN BREACHED!

WE ARE AT DEFCON1 ON THE DINER! UNIVERSAL EGO HAS BEEN UNLEASHED! WMD FROM ALASKA HAS GONE VIRAL!
LOL.

RE
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 05:50:20 PM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: DD Podcasts: RE MAKES TRIPLE DIGITS!
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2013, 06:29:18 PM »

LOL.

RE

No news. Breached years ago!
The Fukushima of EGO. Or perhaps the LeBron James. "You can't stop him, you can only hope to contain him."
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: DD Podcasts: RE MAKES TRIPLE DIGITS!
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2013, 06:44:27 PM »

LOL.

RE

The Fukushima of EGO. Or perhaps the LeBron James. "You can't stop him, you can only hope to contain him."

RE EGO PLAGUE!

Immune Suppression, New Net Vectors spreading like Tentacles across the Doom Blogosphere.  Resistance is Futile.

Plague Article Coming Soon to a Laptop Near You!  :icon_mrgreen:

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
Surly said
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2013, 08:06:31 PM »

Yep!  :icon_mrgreen:

Hey RE, you were once a DJ! Now you're back in the saddle again but with mega doom blasting. I am sure you will retain your famous humility as your fame skyrockets. :icon_mrgreen:  :laughing7:

Art Bell has nothin' on you! :emthup: :icon_sunny:
Leges         Sine    Moribus      Vanae   
Faith,
if it has not works, is dead, being alone.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
PUMP UP THE VOLUME!
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2013, 08:45:52 PM »

Hey RE, you were once a DJ!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/MuhHPQxS2nQ?feature=player_detailpage" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/MuhHPQxS2nQ?feature=player_detailpage</a>

Stoney Stevenson is BACK!

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
DD Podcasts: MY FAVORITE EVERYBODY KNOWS PUTV Version is BACK!
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2013, 04:36:51 AM »
The Copyright Gestapo took this down for a while, but it appears to be BACK now.  YES!  I gotta get this on my disk before it disappears again.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/PuuCezrAUKk?feature=player_embedded" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/PuuCezrAUKk?feature=player_embedded</a>

RE
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 04:38:45 AM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can