AuthorTopic: DD Podcasts  (Read 36993 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
DD Podcasts: When the Going Gets Weird, the Weird Turn Pro
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2013, 05:59:01 PM »
I forked over for a year of UNLIMITED UPLOADS to Soundcloud on the Doomstead Diner account to house all the Podcasts we create.

We are now PROS on Soundcloud!

Anybody who wishes to also Fork Over a few buckolas to help defray these costs and maybe even provide a small Stipend to Monsta for all his work will be much appreciated.  My costs so far were a bit over $100 at current exchange rate with the Euro.  Donating via the email address removes the charge of 3% PayPal takes when you use the Donate Button, so that is the preferred method.

Current Podcasts on the Monsta of Doom Soundcloud account will remain there for a while.  I wanna keep track of the numbers.  When I move them, the numbers will all drop back to Zero on the DD Account.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
DD Podcasts: Guy McPherson Part II-History and Philosophy
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2013, 01:05:34 AM »
Part II of Guy McPherson's Podcast now UP on Diner Soundcloud and found now on the PODCAST page on the Diner Blog!

Most interesting to me in this portion of the Podcast is his very mechanistic, random explanation for the Existence of the Universe (or Universes).

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: DD Podcasts...Guy McPherson
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2013, 08:23:48 AM »
Slow morning at work, finally got around to listening to both parts....what a great couple of interviews! Thanks so much for doing these interviews, I think they are of immense value and I hope the word spreads.

What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
DD Podcasts: Questions for Gail Tverberg
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2013, 12:45:18 PM »
We are doing a Podcast this Friday with Gail the Actuary from Our Finite World.  Topics will be Credit and Energy of course, though I may pitch some Anthropology at her also.  LOL.

Anyhow, if you have any questions you would like Monsta to drop in the script for this Podcast, drop them here in the thread or PM them over to Monsta.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
Re: DD Podcasts
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2013, 04:17:36 PM »
RE,
I sent my hot potatoes for Gail to Monsta.

Basically I want to see how she responds to this article:

The Breakthrough Institute – Why The Hot Air?
  http://www.doomsteaddiner.net/forum/index.php?topic=1489.msg25443

If she dances and claims it is a "groundless conspiracy theory", then she will expose herself as a shill for the nuke people. If not, then I might review my LOW opinion of her understanding of energy and civilization.  :icon_mrgreen:
Leges         Sine    Moribus      Vanae   
Faith,
if it has not works, is dead, being alone.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
DD Podcasts: Widget Customization
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2013, 01:09:37 AM »
I have been messing with the Soundcloud Account to see what is possible in terms of Plugging the Diner.

I found the descriptions take a little bit of HTML, so you can Hot Link in these back to the appropriate Diner Thread for discussion.

I also added Links to Diner FacePalm and Diner TV (You Tube).

Far as the Widgets go, you can't put a direct Hotlink in with those, but you can adjust the Title to Advertize the Diner.  I adjusted the Title in my Guillotine Podcast to do just that.

Overall, if we do good Podcasts that other websites pick up and Embed the Widgets, this should be an excellent Save As Many As You Can Ad Medium for the Diner.  :icon_mrgreen:

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
DD Podcasts: Gail Tverberg Part II
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2013, 03:34:23 AM »
I just finished listening through Part II of the Podcast Monsta & I did with Gail on Friday.  This is some fucking GOOD SHIT!  Holy Cow!

Crossing my Fingers we get  :emthup: from Gail to Air this one.  Trust me, this is some good collapse shit!

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Surly1

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: DD Podcasts: Gail Tverberg Part II
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2013, 09:44:05 AM »
I just finished listening through Part II of the Podcast Monsta & I did with Gail on Friday.  This is some fucking GOOD SHIT!  Holy Cow!

Crossing my Fingers we get  :emthup: from Gail to Air this one.  Trust me, this is some good collapse shit!

RE

Can't wait to hear it.
"...reprehensible lying communist..."

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
DD Podcast Milestone: 3000 Listens
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2013, 09:33:29 PM »
We passed the 3000 mark on Soundcloud Listens for the Podcasts today!  Leader by a Wide Margin remains Uber Doomer Guy McPherson with 736 Listens for his 1st Podcast.

Doomstead Diner.  #1 for DOOM on the Net!
RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Kollapsnik Radio Call In Talk Show
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2015, 05:17:53 PM »
I am currently working on getting a Collapse Call In Radio Show on the Air, at least over the net.

I've more or less figured out how the livestream system works, but in order to put it together with Skype I will need an Audio Mixer (KACHING!), and then I don't think I can both do the audio engineering and chat at the same time.

So I am going to see about partnering with a local Radio Station to get a Live version going.

Until then,  I'm going to try to do a kludge version which won't be live, and maybe experiment with this with Gail when she gets back from China.

I'm also may try doing open chats on Google Hangouts on a more regular basis for anyone to join and chat.

I have a lot of time on my hands these days.  ::)

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Kollapsnik Help Line
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2015, 06:10:32 AM »
There is now an Emergency Kollapsnik Help Line available on Skype.

If there are Kollapse issues which are overwhelming you, or you just need advice on how to hook up your Solar PV Panels without Electrocuting yourself, the Kollapsnik Help Line will be there for you.

Send a Contact Request to Kollapsnik on Skype to have the Help Line ready on Speed Dial in Kollapse Emergencies.  :icon_mrgreen:

If we are busy, you are on your own.  LOL.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Add a Theme Song to your Signature on the Diner!
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2015, 06:43:01 AM »
I have discovered how to add Theme Music into the Signature at the bottom of all your posts.

As you folks know, my Main Tag Line is SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN, and it appears at the bottom of all my posts.

The field there for your Signature will take html if you use the ]htm[ & ]/html[ (reverse the brackets) enclosure.

Use the Embed code for html from the Music Site you get the music from.

My Theme Song as Everybody Knows, is EVERYBODY KNOWS by Leonard Cohen. Thanks to Alex for dropping this on Spreaker. :icon_sunny:

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: DD Podcasts
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2015, 10:37:20 PM »
Monsta and I just finished knocking off another 2 Podcasts, which I was feeling great about until I got off Skype and checked in at the Diner to find Haniel dropped a QP on the board.  Now I am thoroughly depressed again.

I don't get why people quit when they get in disagreements, which I guess is my problem.  I'm so used to arguing with everybody I just don't perceive it the way everybody else does.  I really LIKE Haniel, and I found his perspectives interesting and informative.  If a Jerk Quits the board it doesn't bother me at all, but when somebody like Haniel quits, its like a piece of my soul gets taken away.  I get an empty hole in me and I sink into a depression every time it happens.

I sent Haniel a couple of emails, but I wouldn't be surprised if he put my email addy into his SPAM filter.  So there may be no way to fix what is broken here.

Anyhow
Save As Many As You Can

Offline jdwheeler42

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Going Upslope
No Time Like The Present
« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2017, 03:50:40 AM »
No Time Like The Present

Originally published at http://goingupslope.com/2017/06/no-time-like-the-present/

BY JOHN D. WHEELER · PUBLISHED JUNE 7, 2017 · UPDATED JUNE 7, 2017

“All men are created equal.”  Some people think that is a fine sentiment; some people think that is a bald-faced lie.  But in one sense, it is an absolute, immutable law of nature: in the sense that, for each and every single day, each and every single one of us gets exactly 24 hours — 1440 minutes — 88640 seconds to spend.  Now if I were to add “exactly how we wished”, that would be a lie, but unless we are imprisoned or enslaved, we generally do have some say over how we spend those minutes.  So the question becomes, how do we live on 24 hours a day?  Because no matter how rich we are, we can’t buy ourselves another second personally, the best we can to is give someone money to spend their time doing what we want them to do.  And no matter how poor we are, we all still get the same allotment of minutes every day, even if some of our options of what to do with them are limited.

One thing we can do to make the most of our time is to learn things while we are waiting for others.  Audiobooks and podcasts can be a great option, as MP3 players are small enough to carry with you everywhere and can be purchased very inexpensively.  And if we have a smartphone, we don’t even need a separate piece of equipment.  Many podcasts are available for free; audiobooks can get expensive, but one way you can get them for free is if the author has been dead for a century.  Arnold Bennett wrote a book to answer the question of How to Live on 24 hours a Day and the folks at Librivox have made it available for free.  The language may be a bit stilted to our modern ears, but the knowledge contained therein still has relevance to today’s world.
Making pigs fly is easy... that is, of course, after you have built the catapult....

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: No Time Like The Present
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2017, 03:57:12 AM »
No Time Like The Present

Originally published at http://goingupslope.com/2017/06/no-time-like-the-present/

BY JOHN D. WHEELER · PUBLISHED JUNE 7, 2017 · UPDATED JUNE 7, 2017

“All men are created equal.”  Some people think that is a fine sentiment; some people think that is a bald-faced lie.  But in one sense, it is an absolute, immutable law of nature: in the sense that, for each and every single day, each and every single one of us gets exactly 24 hours — 1440 minutes — 88640 seconds to spend.  Now if I were to add “exactly how we wished”, that would be a lie, but unless we are imprisoned or enslaved, we generally do have some say over how we spend those minutes.  So the question becomes, how do we live on 24 hours a day?  Because no matter how rich we are, we can’t buy ourselves another second personally, the best we can to is give someone money to spend their time doing what we want them to do.  And no matter how poor we are, we all still get the same allotment of minutes every day, even if some of our options of what to do with them are limited.

One thing we can do to make the most of our time is to learn things while we are waiting for others.  Audiobooks and podcasts can be a great option, as MP3 players are small enough to carry with you everywhere and can be purchased very inexpensively.  And if we have a smartphone, we don’t even need a separate piece of equipment.  Many podcasts are available for free; audiobooks can get expensive, but one way you can get them for free is if the author has been dead for a century.  Arnold Bennett wrote a book to answer the question of How to Live on 24 hours a Day and the folks at Librivox have made it available for free.  The language may be a bit stilted to our modern ears, but the knowledge contained therein still has relevance to today’s world.

I spend most of my 24 hours these days writing.  Haven't done a Podcast in a while.  Talking about doing one with the new Steve from SRSRocco Report though.

Far as listening to audio books, I haven't done much of that.  They were around on cassettes when I was trucking, but usually while driving I just listened to the music on the radio and let my mind wander where it would.

RE
Save As Many As You Can