AuthorTopic: :Richard Dolan, 2013, UFO speech, Best speech ever, Citizen Hearing on Disclosur  (Read 6698 times)

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
 ::) ::) :-\
                                                                 <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iROkeC3lmVA&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iROkeC3lmVA&fs=1</a>

Offline Ashvin

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
I prefer this one...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/FTXHf2gDSiw?feature=player_detailpage" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/FTXHf2gDSiw?feature=player_detailpage</a>

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
I prefer this one...

As always, thanks for the education Ashvin. It is appalling to me how little I know.

Was under the impression, as Dr. Ross mentioned of his teacher Kagan, that with so much out there there just had to be life elsewhere. That idea has been put to rest in mind by this exceptional presentation. Blushing at posting the Dolan speech after listening to this.  :-[

A little learning is a dangerous thing;
drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring:
there shallow draughts intoxicate the brain,
and drinking largely sobers us again.

Alexander Pope

Offline Ashvin

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
I prefer this one...

As always, thanks for the education Ashvin. It is appalling to me how little I know.

No problem, and don't be too hard on yourself. I didn't know any of that stuff until watching the lecture about a year ago, and now I have forgotten most of the details, so I'll have to watch it again anyway...

A little learning is a dangerous thing;
drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring:
there shallow draughts intoxicate the brain,
and drinking largely sobers us again.

Alexander Pope

That also happens to be my motto when confronted with well-aged Scotch  :ernaehrung004:

Offline advanceheating

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
::) ::) :-\
                                                                 <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iROkeC3lmVA&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iROkeC3lmVA&fs=1</a>

There are problems with Richard Dolan as a credible researcher too.  Not sure why he
expends energy derailing the public into Steven Jones's fake 911 Truth camp...  He
may be working as a delivery boy for a "limited hangout" position?

www.checktheevidence.co.uk/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=262&Itemid=60

A more transparently dishonest figure in Disclosure is Steven "It's just around the
corner, folks..." Greer.  Jeez, they've orchestrated a lot of brainspam on the
Internet and Greer has been just ace at soaking up the money and time of well
intentioned readers for almost two decades.   Baaaaa... into the pens they run.

As for Hugh Ross, you can sense how his faith hampers him at every turn of his
research.  He cannot leave any space in his observations for phenomena to be
simply left as "inexplicable" or "incomprehensible", but instead resorts each
time to God Did It - his are not lectures for those seeking truth.  After all, perhaps
God Didn't Do It - we don't have to feel ashamed to leave many questions open.

Plenty of questions can be answered though, and with justifiably different answers
to those provided by the authorities.  The case of 911 as observed and
documented in Dr. Judy Wood's "Where Did the Towers Go?"  appears to be the
most delicious and satisfying example of this.  This is a good starting point for anyone
wishing to explore ET, disclosure or free energy as the 911 evidence provides
such a solid foundation for anyone to stand on who wishes to step outside
mainstream opinion.  No fear of blundering at the first step if you start with WDDTG !

Offline BC2K

• Global Moderator
  • Bussing Staff
  • Master Doomsteader, Consultant
    • View Profile
The Exophobic Thanksgivings...

« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 12:32:22 PM by BC2K »
You can't prepare for a crisis when you are in the middle of it.

Offline Ashvin

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
As for Hugh Ross, you can sense how his faith hampers him at every turn of his
research.  He cannot leave any space in his observations for phenomena to be
simply left as "inexplicable" or "incomprehensible", but instead resorts each
time to God Did It - his are not lectures for those seeking truth.  After all, perhaps
God Didn't Do It - we don't have to feel ashamed to leave many questions open.

We don't have to feel ashamed when the questions we THOUGHT were "inexplicable" are actually quite explicable. Too many people reject clear and positive evidence about something (like fine-tuning of the Universe) simply because they don't want to go where that evidence logically takes them.

Besides that, Dr. Ross never relies on "god of the gaps" arguments in his lectures, but instead provides meticulous scientific analysis of data and constantly compares his explanations of the data with competing ones. He readily admits that many areas of science require much more research before we can have confidence in any explanations currently on the table. But saying "this stuff is just inexplicable" is ignoring vast amounts of evidence to the contrary. The trend has always been towards gaining more understanding of both how and why it all works.

Free energy, otoh, is ANTI-scientific and much more like an "ET of the gaps" argument - we don't know how ETs could have possibly traveled here with our current scientific knowledge about how the Universe works, so let's just posit "free energy" and start using that as support for otherwise speculative theories. IMO, the credibility of any 911 conspiracy theorist is severely undermined when they start talking about weapons using free energy and the like, even if the underlying conspiracy is supported by legitimate evidence.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 02:25:46 PM by Ashvin »

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
IMO, the credibility of any 911 conspiracy theorist is severely undermined when they start talking about weapons using free energy and the like, even if the underlying conspiracy is supported by legitimate evidence.

Agreed.

Leges         Sine    Moribus      Vanae   
Faith,
if it has not works, is dead, being alone.