AuthorTopic: David Korowicz Podcast  (Read 18092 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
David Korowicz Podcast
« on: June 28, 2013, 03:32:17 AM »
We have another Podcast scheduled to be Recorded with David Korowicz of FEASTA on Wednesay.  David is the Author of a couple of very comprehensive analyses of Financial Contagion, available here in PDF format in the Aeva Media Library.  Not gonna do the links, find it yourself!  LOL.

After you read his very LONG papers, feel free to add questions for the Podcast.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline monsta666

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: David Korowicz Podcast
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2013, 10:07:16 AM »
For those that didn't read the paper here is a one hour presentation from David Korowicz titled: The Modern Economy, Civilisation, Complexity & Collapse

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/LQaw2fix3q0&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/LQaw2fix3q0&fs=1</a>

His paper on financial contagion could be seen as a thesis on how fast-collapse will occur in the most intricate details. Folks such as Greer who call for a slow catabolic collapse must have some good defence against this document because the points Korowicz makes are quite compelling. I would recommend people to read that paper but if you don't then watch the video. If that video is too much George Mobus does offer a summary to his paper on his article Watching the Global Economic System.

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 10:22:14 AM »

His paper on financial contagion could be seen as a thesis on how fast-collapse will occur in the most intricate details. Folks such as Greer who call for a slow catabolic collapse must have some good defence against this document because the points Korowicz makes are quite compelling. I would recommend people to read that paper but if you don't then watch the video. If that video is too much George Mobus does offer a summary to his paper on his article Watching the Global Economic System.

Monsta,
I didn't have an hour to devote but I read the Mobus paper. Just outstanding, and quite clear. Highly recommended.  :emthup:

And familiar, ain't it, in terms of what is discussed here every day?
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline buzzard

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2013, 12:44:17 PM »
Korowicz paper, Tipping Point is one of the most influential things that I have read in recent years... perhaps since Strauss and Howe's The Fourth Turning from 1997. I have printed it out and given it to more people than I can count, to no avail probably. But it is most concise and clear analysis I have found of the fragile system we call civilization.

I'm a reader not a listener (of which I am informed by those around me often.) So I await the forthcoming papers from Feasta.

By the way, I am beginning to see some noise about Doomstead Diner around the webs. You are becoming top tier. Big responsibility. Tell the truth and let the chips fall where they may.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2013, 02:34:12 PM »
By the way, I am beginning to see some noise about Doomstead Diner around the webs. You are becoming top tier. Big responsibility. Tell the truth and let the chips fall where they may.

Really?  Where?  What's the scuttlebutt?

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline monsta666

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 05:25:48 PM »

Awhile back when I posted my money series some random posted on my youtube wall asking if I posted in the Doomstead Dinner (extra n intended there). They asked if they could use my pieces for some uni coursework or that was the vibe I got. Perhaps the word is spreading...

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2013, 05:45:14 PM »

Awhile back when I posted my money series some random posted on my youtube wall asking if I posted in the Doomstead Dinner (extra n intended there). They asked if they could use my pieces for some uni coursework or that was the vibe I got. Perhaps the word is spreading...

Well, Guy McPherson sure has a big Fan Club.  His 1st Podcast is up to 475 Listens now.  666 is not far away for him.  ACCKKKK!

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2013, 04:24:22 PM »
Finished the Podcast with David Korowicz, another long one!  Collapse Starz can't shut up!  He's a really good Public Speaker though, he can just GO with no script.

Also, WHD is free on Sunday at 3PM, so I would like to do the Podcast with LD and Hepp then.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
PODCAST FIELD OF DREAMS
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2013, 06:32:16 PM »
Monsta now has UP the  3 Part Podcast from David Korowicz.  IMHO, this series is the best one to date, mainly because Korowicz is one of the most amazing off the cuff speakers I have ever run into working without a script, plus the Audio Quality is also very clear.

BTW, all 4 Parts of George Mobus are also up, just have not Published them yet.

So here is my NEW means of extracting FRNs from Diners.  If you want to LISTEN NOW, and just can't WAIT for these Episodes to show up on the Diner, I will send you the SECRET LINK to the Coming Podcasts so you can listen RIGHT NOW if you Fork Over $1 per Podcast. 

Seriously, I have come up with the correct monetization model for Diner Podcasts now!

On Soundcloud, we will provide EXCERPT podcasts with Highlights, perhaps 5 minutes long for FREE.  The FULL Podcasts will be on the Diner itself, at $1 per listen.

If you take the Guy McPherson Podcast as a sample, if everyone of Guy's Fans bought the Full Podcast, it would have already earned $700.  Overall, the number of listens we have would have earned around $3000, if everyone ponied up.

Membership/Subscription on the Diner would get you Unlimited Listens to all Podcasts for say $4/month, with average 8 Podcasts per month for an average 50% discount for each podcast, plus you can listen as many times as you want rather than just once.  What's $4/mo?  CRAP, Cancerettes up here are now $10 a PACK!  Even an Egyptian living on $2/day has $60/mo to work with, so this is just 6.66%  :evil4: of the income of even an impoverished Egyptian!

With that Monthly Subscription Cost, if the 500 current Diners were all Real People and not Spammers & Bots, the Diner would have a Monthly Income of $2000 ALREADY!  In reality, I think we might get around 100 right now to Pony Up $4/mo for Unlimited Podcast Access.  $400/mo is a real good start, it covers all Diner Expenses and we can start to use the money for growing the project in a variety of ways.

Finally.  A monetization model that is fair, reasonable and still providing plenty of info for free on the Diner, with no ads.

IMAGINE
once the Diner has 10,000 $4 subscriptions a Month?  $40K/mo income!  What kind of Foxstead can you build with that much scratch, eh?

BUILD IT, AND THEY WILL COME

RE
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 06:47:13 PM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2013, 07:07:24 PM »
Once a JEW, always a JEW.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2013, 07:35:36 PM »

I was never a Jew.  Unitarian dedicated right outta da vaginal canal.

I was however a Pigman, and Pigman Genes are Strong.  :icon_mrgreen:

So apparently are BITCH Shiksa Genes, because you got the Full Complement and are Homozygous for BITCH:icon_sunny:

RE

Save As Many As You Can

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2013, 08:09:06 PM »

I was never a Jew.  Unitarian dedicated right outta da vaginal canal.

I was however a Pigman, and Pigman Genes are Strong.  :icon_mrgreen:

So apparently are BITCH Shiksa Genes, because you got the Full Complement and are Homozygous for BITCH:icon_sunny:

RE A superficial Jewish heart, or lack thereof. Thanks. It feels great to be a full BITCH in the face of the morally compromised and purposely ambiguous deviant. So like the very elite they claim to despise.

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2013, 08:21:46 PM »
@RE: Thanks. It certainly feels great to be a full BITCH in the face of the morally compromised and purposely ambiguous deviant, so like the very elite they hope to DECAPITATE!

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2013, 08:28:37 PM »
It feels great to be a full BITCH in the face of the morally compromised and purposely ambiguous deviant. So like the very elite they claim to despise.

KK, I am nothing like the Elite I despise. I am a good 2 Standard Deviations past them on either a Bell Curve or Poisonn Distribution.

You however are OFF THE CHARTS as a BITCH.  I tip my hat to you for your level of extremism.  I am positively Pablum on the Internet compared to the Vitriole which comes off your keyboard.  As one Napalm Artist to another, you have my respect in this regard.  :icon_sunny:

Give it up KK.  You can't bitch me out.  I find your material to be hilarious.  It just does not touch me and you are wasting your time hitting on me.  Try picking another target here on the board who will actually be insulted by this sort of stuff.  It does not work with me.  I been down this road many more times than you, and I am better at it than you are.

LIVE WITH IT.

RE
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 08:50:40 PM by RE »
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Napalm Contest Sampler
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2013, 08:45:49 PM »
For those of you Newbies who have never seen an Internet Napalm Contest go down, you just saw one.  :icon_mrgreen:

RE

Save As Many As You Can