AuthorTopic: Which do you fear the most?  (Read 8216 times)

Offline DoomerSupport

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
  • Fiat collapsus rualt caelum
    • View Profile
Which do you fear the most?
« on: June 29, 2013, 08:48:11 AM »
Which do you fear the most, a political collapse within two to three years, or BAU for at least a decade?

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Which do you fear the most?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 09:29:40 AM »
Which do you fear the most, a political collapse within two to three years, or BAU for at least a decade?

Fear neither. Expect either.

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 02:27:08 PM »
I'm afraid I fear the collapse more than BAU, although BAU now seems to be a slow decline in my business and earning ability...it's a collapse of sorts either way.

My gut says we will have a slow collapse with occasional chance of nasty economic shit storms.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 03:58:43 PM »
I'm afraid I fear the collapse more than BAU, although BAU now seems to be a slow decline in my business and earning ability...it's a collapse of sorts either way.

My gut says we will have a slow collapse with occasional chance of nasty economic shit storms.

I suspect you'll have quite a bit of difficulty selling your McMansion with the $Million$ view when you move to the Toothstead.

I mainly hope the full on collapse holds off long enough to get the SUN  :icon_sunny: project off the ground.  Other than that, it doesn't make too much difference to me.  If we continue BAU, I'll start collecting SS and keep writing about Doom.  If it crashes, I jump in the Bugout Machine and follow Plan A.  I'll look forward to proving BC2K wrong and lasting more than a week out in the bush.  After that, I can walk happily into the Great Beyond.  :icon_sunny:

RE

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline BC2K

• Global Moderator
  • Bussing Staff
  • Master Doomsteader, Consultant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 04:18:52 PM »
I'll look forward to proving BC2K wrong and lasting more than a week out in the bush.  After that, I can walk happily into the Great Beyond...

Got manna ?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 06:12:24 PM by BC2K »
You can't prepare for a crisis when you are in the middle of it.

Offline BC2K

• Global Moderator
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2013, 06:23:04 PM »

What the f**k are all these people gonna do wtshtf ?

"Alfred E. Neuman once said, “The suburbs are where they cut down all the trees and then name streets after them.”  Ancaster’s current art renaissance is no joke, however.   Artsprawl, held every third Friday of the month, features drive-thru art hosted outside people’s homes, perfect for the car-centric city.
“The idea is that you never leave the car,” says organizer Soren Fieberman.  “The artcrawl on James Street is not really appealing to the average person from Ancaster.  Bumping into strangers, eating grilled cheese, human interaction – if they wanted that, they’d move into an apartment on Bay Street.  At Artsprawl, you simply drive by the art, take a quick look, and your home for dinner.”
The movement started with the so-called “Soccer Mom” demographic.  “We were bored.  We’re all highly educated at the best schools, and there’s only so much help the nanny needs with the kids.  We’re all in art classes, so it’s time to show our chops,” says proud mother of one, Sharon Winchester.
You won’t find the risky art that characterizes the artcrawl, but you will find plenty of practical folk art.  Among the top-sellers are wall hangings with “Bless this Mess” on them, or “Don’t Pee in Our Gigantic Pool, We Don’t Swim in Your Bidet.”  Lawn silhouettes, paintings of unicorns, and macrame owls fly off the lawns of the artists. This just may be Ancaster’s chance to show Hamilton that they indeed have a soul.

- See more at: http://www.hammerinthenews.com/posts/artsprawl-ancaster-s-drive-thru-artcrawl#sthash.HPEidAA8.dpuf

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2013, 06:39:28 PM »

What the f**k are all these people gonna do wtshtf ?[/center]

Zombie Food.

People.  It's What's for Dinner.

An interesting concept to work out is how long 10% of the population can survive consuming the other 90%?  Assume decent Meat Preservation techniques, stripping and drying the carcasses, rendering the fat and so forth.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline BC2K

• Global Moderator
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2013, 07:01:40 PM »
Zombie Food.

People.  It's What's for Dinner.

Well good, I'm gonna need to feed my guard dogs something way back here WTSHTF...

But I'm not too worried way back here in this remote Maine woods clearing.

BC2K doomstead from a black helicopter view:

another 900' left to the road, and another 2300' right to the property line (Scale: both sailboats in driveway are 30')
The whole clearing is surrounded by an 8' high barbwire fence
to keep the deer out of the gardens and pastures, and
the bears out of the beehives.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 07:29:04 AM by BC2K »

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2013, 07:03:34 PM »
Got manna ?[/center]

Don't need Manna.

Got Fish.  This is ALASKA, dude.  Until you have seen them run on the Copper River, do not talk to me about a lack of food.  Once we stop shipping them out to Supermarkets in the Lower 48, there is PLENTY to feed this population.  You know the population density and sheer size of Alaska I trust?  There's only 60,000 people or so in the entire fucking Mat Valley, and that by itself is bigger than Maine.

That is not even touching the Crabbing and the Halibut.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2013, 07:08:35 PM »
The whole clearing is surrounded by an 8' high barbwire fence
to keep the deer out of the gardens and pastures, and
the bears out of the beehives.  ;)

Fuck the Barbed Wire Fence.  You need to dig a Moat to keep the National Guard Troops with their Tanks and Humvees from rolling over you before you can take them out with the Barrett.  Rent a Daiwoo Backhoe ASAP and start digging!

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline BC2K

• Global Moderator
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2013, 08:02:03 PM »
Fuck the Barbed Wire Fence.  You need to dig a Moat to keep the National Guard Troops with their Tanks and Humvees from rolling over you before you can take them out with the Barrett.  Rent a Daiwoo Backhoe ASAP and start digging!

Like I said, it's a game fence to protect crops...

There's only one way in and out of this clearing, a 12' wide drive over a culvert just to the left of the pic out of sight... 2 loads of dirt from my dumptruck and it's blocked!

Deep ravine on one side, deep soft swamp on the other, thick "tanglewoods" all around... ain't no tanks or nuthin gettin thru...

And I'm not takin' on the Gummint - that's suicide as you well know... - just want to keep the desperados and zombies at bay.

The current "root cellar" has a moat... it was made by digging a 12' wide x 8' deep trench all around a 10' X 56' insulated railroad refrigerator car and throwing the dirt on top. Only thing is, it freezes over in winter  :-\

The RR car cost me $1200 delivered in winter - ground frozen.
All else was welded together from scrap metal, total cost
under $5K with earthwork.

Scroll << === >>

« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 07:29:46 AM by BC2K »

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2013, 08:18:23 PM »
Love the schematics.  Engineer goes Full Doom for 35 years, this is what you get. LOL.

At least until we get the SUN  :icon_sunny: Crew together and the Foxstead going, sure cannot compete with this stuff.  I shall in the interim count on my Fishing Pole, my copious supplies of Mountain House Freeze Dried Foods and the extraordinarily low population density of Alaska to see me through the Dark Days ahead.

You want some of my ideas on defending against Apache Helicopter Gunships?  Just in case you gotta take on Da Goobermint in a Last Stand on the BC2K Doomstead?

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline BC2K

• Global Moderator
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2013, 08:22:33 PM »
You want some of my ideas on defending against Apache Helicopter Gunships?  Just in case you gotta take on Da Goobermint in a Last Stand on the BC2K Doomstead?

Sure, fire away...

I'll probably retreat to my 2nd "bugout" bunker 30 miles inland instead...
BC2K rule # 2: NEVER carry all your eggs in one basket !
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 08:28:52 PM by BC2K »

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2013, 08:29:01 PM »

Sure, fire away...

I'll probably retreat to my 2nd bunker inastead...
BC2K rule # 2: NEVER carry all your eggs in one basket !

Maybe 2moro.  I got a lot of Admin tasks here to do.

Meanwhile, do you think you could put together a Blog article with all this stuff in it?  Just copy/paste and do some tie together paragraphs.  Then send to me as a PM, and I will get it up on the Blog.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline BC2K

• Global Moderator
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2013, 08:39:42 PM »
Oh shit, I forgot RE... I DID have something else on the drawing board -- just found it:

;D
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 07:30:22 AM by BC2K »