AuthorTopic: Which do you fear the most?  (Read 8213 times)

Offline Surly1

  • Master Chef
  • *****
  • Posts: 18654
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: Which do you fear the most?
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2013, 06:41:13 AM »
Re: Which do you fear the most?


What the f**k are all these people gonna do wtshtf ?

"Alfred E. Neuman once said, “The suburbs are where they cut down all the trees and then name streets after them.”  Ancaster’s current art renaissance is no joke, however.   Artsprawl, held every third Friday of the month, features drive-thru art hosted outside people’s homes, perfect for the car-centric city.
“The idea is that you never leave the car,” says organizer Soren Fieberman.  “The artcrawl on James Street is not really appealing to the average person from Ancaster.  Bumping into strangers, eating grilled cheese, human interaction – if they wanted that, they’d move into an apartment on Bay Street.  At Artsprawl, you simply drive by the art, take a quick look, and your home for dinner.”
The movement started with the so-called “Soccer Mom” demographic.  “We were bored.  We’re all highly educated at the best schools, and there’s only so much help the nanny needs with the kids.  We’re all in art classes, so it’s time to show our chops,” says proud mother of one, Sharon Winchester.
You won’t find the risky art that characterizes the artcrawl, but you will find plenty of practical folk art.  Among the top-sellers are wall hangings with “Bless this Mess” on them, or “Don’t Pee in Our Gigantic Pool, We Don’t Swim in Your Bidet.”  Lawn silhouettes, paintings of unicorns, and macrame owls fly off the lawns of the artists. This just may be Ancaster’s chance to show Hamilton that they indeed have a soul.

- See more at: http://www.hammerinthenews.com/posts/artsprawl-ancaster-s-drive-thru-artcrawl#sthash.HPEidAA8.dpuf

The most darkly funny thing I've read all weekend.
"...reprehensible lying communist..."

Offline jdwheeler42

  • Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
  • *****
  • Posts: 3339
    • View Profile
    • Going Upslope
Re: Which do you fear the most?
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2013, 03:11:47 AM »
Quote
Zombie Food.

People.  It's What's for Dinner.

Well good, I'm gonna need to feed my guard dogs something way back here WTSHTF...

I'm planning on making a sign:

LOOTERS
WELCOME:

MY DOGS LOVE
FRESH MEAT
Making pigs fly is easy... that is, of course, after you have built the catapult....

Offline DoomerSupport

  • Administrator
  • Sous Chef
  • *****
  • Posts: 1157
  • Fiat collapsus rualt caelum
    • View Profile
Re: Which do you fear the most?
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2013, 07:15:58 AM »

What the f**k are all these people gonna do wtshtf ?[/center]


Zombie Food.

People.  It's What's for Dinner.



An interesting concept to work out is how long 10% of the population can survive consuming the other 90%?  Assume decent Meat Preservation techniques, stripping and drying the carcasses, rendering the fat and so forth.

RE

You don't eat the neighbors, it's considered rude.

You feed them to animals, then eat the animals.  I like my long pork second-hand....



Offline Surly1

  • Master Chef
  • *****
  • Posts: 18654
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
Re: Which do you fear the most?
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2013, 08:52:38 AM »

What the f**k are all these people gonna do wtshtf ?[/center]


Zombie Food.

People.  It's What's for Dinner.



An interesting concept to work out is how long 10% of the population can survive consuming the other 90%?  Assume decent Meat Preservation techniques, stripping and drying the carcasses, rendering the fat and so forth.

RE

You don't eat the neighbors, it's considered rude.

You feed them to animals, then eat the animals.  I like my long pork second-hand....

Am thinking "Deadwood," and Wu's pigs here . . .
"...reprehensible lying communist..."

Offline Snowleopard

  • Waitstaff
  • ***
  • Posts: 505
    • View Profile
Re: Which do you fear the most?
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2013, 10:55:47 AM »
Which do you fear the most, a political collapse within two to three years, or BAU for at least a decade?

I guess it depends.......do you think FSA has BAU now compared to, say ~1999? 

I would say no, but you may disagree.

IMHO, true BAU for the next ~decade+ is highly unlikely.   

At a minimum, changes in the next decade are likely to double those of the decade just past.

Will some not notice and call it BAU?   Possibly, if the minimum happens. 

OTOH, FSA change in next decade could resemble or exceed change in Germany 1930-40, without the positive effect on infrastructure.  More war(s) is/are almost certian, and some domestic resistance demographic(s) is/are likely to be labeled "terrorist" and imprisoned or worse.  This could lead to open revolt in some areas.  If so, expect brutal supression.

"Whom the gods would destroy, first they make crazy"   This process is well underway with our "fearless leaders", but implosion within two to three years would surprise me.


"A man sees what he wants to see and disregards the rest." -  Simon and Garfunkel

 

Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
0 Replies
728 Views
Last post October 05, 2015, 02:14:59 AM
by Guest
15 Replies
3464 Views
Last post November 19, 2015, 04:42:24 PM
by g
0 Replies
631 Views
Last post January 11, 2016, 03:55:44 AM
by Guest