AuthorTopic: Collapse Cafe TV  (Read 3034 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Collapse Cafe TV
« on: July 10, 2013, 05:05:51 PM »

Featuring the Collapse Cafe Vidcasts, Live Feeds, Collapse Tutorials, Documentaries & Music Videos

« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 05:34:26 PM by RE »
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Diner TV
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 10:26:18 PM »
Apparently now when I change Vids on Diner TV on the Homepage, a post is created here in the Diner TV area also.

I didn't realize this so hadda go back and fix, but seems to be working right now with the auto-generated Blog link.

Fucking Awesome Shit from the Database Cavalry from California!

RE

There is no emoticon to express my joy watching that.

Offline DoomerSupport

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
  • Fiat collapsus rualt caelum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 09:07:55 AM »
Apparently now when I change Vids on Diner TV on the Homepage, a post is created here in the Diner TV area also.

I didn't realize this so hadda go back and fix, but seems to be working right now with the auto-generated Blog link.

Fucking Awesome Shit from the Database Cavalry from California!

RE

Thanks.  It should work for any WP post.

Offline JoeP

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
DD Juke Box V2.0: Jethro Tull - Aqualung
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2013, 04:32:34 PM »
Jethro Tull - Aqualung   

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/lnF1Ze84GSo?feature=player_detailpage" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/lnF1Ze84GSo?feature=player_detailpage</a>

just my straight shooting honest opinion

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Diner Sunset
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 05:13:55 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/j456-xSSyP8?feature=player_detailpage" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/j456-xSSyP8?feature=player_detailpage</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/tHGaBXMKBZg?feature=player_detailpage" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/tHGaBXMKBZg?feature=player_detailpage</a>

RE
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 05:21:11 AM by RE »
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
JESSE VENTURA IS NOT ALLOWED ON LIVE TV!
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 02:21:59 PM »
THIS IS WHY JESSE VENTURA IS NOT ALLOWED ON LIVE TV! "Every War Starts With A False Flag Operation"

This is pretty good, if you can give it the time. Jesse makes excellent points, beats Piers Morgan like a rented mule (or MKing), and exposes Piers as an abject, servile troll for his masters.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/MAmJ9oAy1mc&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/MAmJ9oAy1mc&fs=1</a>
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 04:19:16 PM »
THIS IS WHY JESSE VENTURA IS NOT ALLOWED ON LIVE TV! "Every War Starts With A False Flag Operation"

This is pretty good, if you can give it the time. Jesse makes excellent points, beats Piers Morgan like a rented mule (or MKing), and exposes Piers as an abject, servile troll for his masters.

I lived in Minnesota when Jesse was gov. I voted for him. I can tell you, he was a strong Governor. He would have been better if both sides had not stood against him, just because he was Jesse. The other two of late? Tim Pawlenty? Mark Dayton? Jesse did not cut taxes for rich people and raise "fees" for the poor, like Timmy did. He would not have stood beside two crook football team owners, to spend 500 million of public money on a god damn football stadium, like Marky did. Jesse just showed in that vid what people REALLY think about their god damn government. Just like this bullshit WAR Obama et al are trying to start again in the Middle East. The only people who want it in America are those who think they stand to gain money wise.

This Syria thing is the true beginning of the end of America as we have known it. WWIII here we come.

WHD

Offline monsta666

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 04:38:32 PM »
This Syria thing is the true beginning of the end of America as we have known it. WWIII here we come.

I am not sure WHD; I think the REAL clusterfuck will come when Saudi Arabia reaches the stage Egypt/Libya/Syria in collapse. Countries such as Egypt/Syria are - like the PIGS of the Euro - the peripheries of the region so they are the countries that go dysfunctional first. The real turning point will happen however when the core countries such as Saudi become ungovernable. If that happens there is no producer in the world that can substitute for Saudi production. At least with these conflicts there is always the possibility (or at least hope) the Saudi can open the taps and cover any shortfall but if they themselves are offline well that will be something. Also got to think many of the folks in Saudi have been sold the story that they will NEVER run out of oil and they can always fill their SUVs with $1 a gallon of petrol. When that dynamic changes it will hit them like a ton of bricks. Also many Arab states around the region have sort of forgotten that they live in a desert and water is rather scarce. What will they do when there is not enough oil to keep those water desalination plants running? It is my understanding that around 70% of the world's desalination plants are in MENA and they are building more all the time as populations expand. So you see when oil goes they also lose water and then food. Add unemployment into that mix (which has traditionally been higher here than most other countries in the world) and you have almost the perfect storm.

I am pretty sure the US military will try and do something about that coming clusterfuck but it will be futile and it will probably be the end of BAU when that happens. What comes next will likely not resemble anything we have known before. Just my two cents. In any case though I think it is also important to look at the bigger picture and not fall into the trap of recentism.

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2013, 04:39:17 PM »

It is not the Beginning of the End.  It is the End of the Beginning.

Thank you Winston Churchill.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2013, 05:37:03 AM »
the REAL clusterfuck will come when Saudi Arabia reaches the stage Egypt/Libya/Syria in collapse.

Spot on, imo. Any wild guesses about when that happens? I'd say by 2030, perhaps. But that's just a gut feeling, based on the obvious lying about their reserves, and the steadily declining quality of Saudi crude.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline monsta666

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2013, 05:17:14 PM »
the REAL clusterfuck will come when Saudi Arabia reaches the stage Egypt/Libya/Syria in collapse.

Spot on, imo. Any wild guesses about when that happens? I'd say by 2030, perhaps. But that's just a gut feeling, based on the obvious lying about their reserves, and the steadily declining quality of Saudi crude.

To be honest I see a collapse coming sooner than 2030 for the Saudi's. When looking at these things it pays to look at Saudi's actions rather than rhetoric which is quite often a load of bollocks. We all know that the Saudi government likes to say it can produce 12mb/d and it's supplies of abundance is vast. Yet what are the Saudi's actually doing? For a long time their rig count for the early 2000s was around 20-60 for the whole country yet today they have increased this total to around 170. What is more they plan on increasing this rig count to 200 for the year 2014. This extra drilling should be a clear indication that getting oil out of the ground is not as easy as it was before and if oil was so plentiful why do they drill so much? A lot of the extra drilling has come from infill drilling and on top of extra drilling I do know that since around the mid 2000s the Saudi's have been injecting water into Ghawar to increase oil extraction. This injection prevents the field from declining sooner but comes at the expense of increasing the depletion rate of the well; it also means that once the decline does set in it is likely to be more dramatic had they not followed through with these enhanced recovery techniques. I even heard that Aramco had started C02 injections into Ghawar in 2012. If oil is so plentiful I ask why are they doing all these things? These actions seem to be acts of desperation rather than confidence as they like to convey.

On top of this many of their past snowballed projects have been brought online and they have opened up Manifa - their last major oil field - a year early so from here on in there will not be major additions to production. You also got to remember that while oil production is important it is net exports that are the most important metric to follow. While oil production has roughly stayed around 10mb/d for the last few years oil consumption in Saudi has been increasing markedly:

This dramatic rise in internal consumption is not much talked about but is having the effect of reducing the amount of oil it can export. For the most part the Saudi's have got away with reduced exports because the price of oil has increased dramatically over the last decade so while exports maybe down in terms of barrels exported oil revenues have continued to rise as oil prices have increased more quickly than the decline in barrels being exported. However as we know it is unlikely that the world can support further price increases so if the Saudi's want to increase oil revenues they must increase production especially if you consider that oil consumption will continue to rise as people in Saudi not only become richer but also more numerous. In light of this you have to see that as oil production declines after reaching its peak exports will be hurt in both directions from the consumption end AND the production end. If oil prices do not go up dramatically revenues from oil will plunge and considering oil makes up 90% of export earnings a collapse in revenue is likely to have dire consequences. To answer your question: what time do I see collapse happening in Saudi? I would put my guess at something around 2020. Also note that the Saudi government plans to have its first nuclear power station at around 2022. Will those nukes come "on time" to cause a meltdown as the economy is collapsing? That would be truly ironic.

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2013, 02:07:49 PM »
Not sure where to put this, but here seems as good as anywhere.

Too Big Has Failed: 3-Minute Video On Wall Street

Too Big Has Failed: 3 Ways Wall Street Hurts You, In 3 Minutes
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound