AuthorTopic: Diner Tweets  (Read 14843 times)

Offline jdwheeler42

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Going Upslope
Re: Diner Tweets
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2013, 06:53:22 PM »
Listen as we welcome Toby Hemenway, author of Gaia's Garden, to the #DoomsteadDiner to discuss #Permaculture http://bit.ly/14f271D
Making pigs fly is easy... that is, of course, after you have built the catapult....

Online RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2013, 07:00:19 PM »
Listen as we welcome Toby Hemenway, author of Gaia's Garden, to the #DoomsteadDiner to discuss #Permaculture http://bit.ly/14f271D

Way to go JDW!  Do we have a Diner Twitter Page now I can visit?

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline jdwheeler42

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Going Upslope
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2013, 07:09:02 PM »

RE
Technically, yes, it's https://twitter.com/DoomsteadD but I think we probably want to change that.... and I am planning on posting my tweets to this thread first, at least to begin with, in case anyone has any suggestions for improvements....
Making pigs fly is easy... that is, of course, after you have built the catapult....

Offline jdwheeler42

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Going Upslope
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2013, 07:16:12 PM »
IT'S ALL BURNING UP IN THE GREATEST BONFIRE OF PAPER WEALTH IN HISTORY.
70 characters
BIG MOUNTAINS: THE GREAT WALL GOD BUILT TO PROTECT INDEPENDENT SOULS
68 characters
#DOOMSTEADDINER: WHERE NAPALM IS JUST ANOTHER WORD FOR "I LOVE YOU"
67 characters
IF YOU CAN'T STAND THE HEAT, GET OUT OF THE #DOOMSTEADDINER KITCHEN!
67 characters
THAT'S ALL THE DOOM UNTIL NEXT TIME ON THE #DOOMSTEADDINER
59 / 36 characters
COME WITH ME TO THE #DOOMSTEADDINER IF YOU WANT TO LIVE
54 / 31 characters
SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE AT THE #DOOMSTEADDINER
47 / 24 characters
#DOOMSTEADDINER: WHERE EGGHEADS BECOME OMELETS
45 characters
COLLAPSE: COMING SOON TO A THEATRE NEAR YOU
42 characters
PUMP UP THE VOLUME ON THE #DOOMSTEADDINER
42 / 19 characters
EVERYBODY KNOWS ON THE #DOOMSTEADDINER
39 / 16 characters
#DOOMSTEADDINER: #1 FOR DOOM ON THE NET
38 / 21 characters
ADMIN: POWER OF GOD ON A FORUM
31 characters
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN!
26 characters
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!
21 characters
HANG 'EM HIGH
14 characters

(In case you're wondering what this is about, I'm compiling the taglines for when I have extra characters at the end of a tweet.  Twitter shows me how many characters I have left.)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 05:13:00 AM by jdwheeler42 »

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Google "Doomstead"
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2013, 08:48:53 PM »

RE
Technically, yes, it's https://twitter.com/DoomsteadD but I think we probably want to change that.... and I am planning on posting my tweets to this thread first, at least to begin with, in case anyone has any suggestions for improvements....

Just Doomstead by itself is probably the way to go.  I may have even been the original Coiner of this Term on Peak Oil.  I also have the name Doomstead Diner as a registered Copyright in the Library of Congress. Anybody else who uses Doomstead is open to a Lawsuit.  :icon_mrgreen:  If you just Google the word "Doomstead", here are the first 4 results that come back on Google right now:

Quote from: Google Sear Engine for Doomstead
Doomstead Diner
www.doomsteaddiner.org/blog/‎
Recorded from the microphones of Toby Hemenway and William Hunter Duncan Published on the Doomstead Diner on August 7, 2013. The Toby Hemenway ...
‎Bugout Plans - ‎Food - ‎NSA - ‎Zombies
Question Everything: Doomstead Diner Podcast
questioneverything.typepad.com/.../07/doomstead-diner-podcast.html‎
Jul 6, 2013 - Doomstead diner website organizers RE and Monsta interviewed me regarding many topics I cover in this blog and are in common with their ...
Doomstead Diner | Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/DoomsteadDiner‎
To connect with Doomstead Diner, sign up for Facebook today. ... Welcome to the Doomstead Diner,a hub for discussion and information pertaining to the ...
Doomstead Diner's sounds on SoundCloud - Hear the world's sounds
soundcloud.com/doomstead-diner‎
Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio.

That is pretty fucking good SEO if you ask me.   :icon_sunny:

BTW, you have one Tag Line wrong, the Podcast Tag Line is "That's all the Doom this time until next time, here on the Doomstead Diner"

Update:  Also, it's "It's all Burning Up in the Greatest Bonfire of Paper Wealth in all of RECORDED History"
You also could shorten to 'Really BIG Mountains.  The Great Wall that God Built".

RE
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 08:58:22 PM by RE »
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2013, 09:25:31 PM »
Applying the same "Malleable Principles" idea I used to join Facepalm, I just joined Twitter and am now Following Diner Tweets.  :icon_mrgreen:

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline jdwheeler42

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Going Upslope
Re: Google "Doomstead"
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2013, 09:42:28 PM »
Just Doomstead by itself is probably the way to go.

That, unfortunately, is NOT an option  :(  Tony Keastead already has the @Doomstead username.
I do see though that it is not limited strictly to 10 characters, there are a number of @Doomstead### usernames where ### is some number from 02 to 921... I definitely don't like that option, though.

We've already got a follower, plus myself, so I'm going to change it to @DoomDiner at least for now.

BTW, you have one Tag Line wrong, the Podcast Tag Line is "That's all the Doom this time until next time, here on the Doomstead Diner"

Update:  Also, it's "It's all Burning Up in the Greatest Bonfire of Paper Wealth in all of RECORDED History"
You also could shorten to 'Really BIG Mountains.  The Great Wall that God Built".

RE
Shortening is definitely good.  My problem is I only have 140 characters to work with.  If I use the entire podcast tagline, that's 73 characters, only leaving me 66 characters for the actual tweet.  If I'm doing a tweet of a tagline all by itself because there is nothing else happening, of course I would use the full quote.

I'll add the words back in if you that's what you really want, but the cost will be using them much less often.  It's your call.

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2013, 09:56:07 PM »
Just Doomstead by itself is probably the way to go.

That, unfortunately, is NOT an option  :(  Tony Keastead already has the @Doomstead username.
I do see though that it is not limited strictly to 10 characters, there are a number of @Doomstead### usernames where ### is some number from 02 to 921... I definitely don't like that option, though.

Try Doomstead666.  :icon_mrgreen:

We've already got a follower, plus myself, so I'm going to change it to @DoomDiner at least for now.

The Follower is Me.  :icon_sunny:

RE
Shortening is definitely good.  My problem is I only have 140 characters to work with.  If I use the entire podcast tagline, that's 73 characters, only leaving me 66 characters for the actual tweet.  If I'm doing a tweet of a tagline all by itself because there is nothing else happening, of course I would use the full quote.

I'll add the words back in if you that's what you really want, but the cost will be using them much less often.  It's your call.

Feel free to edit the Tag Lines for Length as needed.  Shorter still for the Podcast Tag Line, "That's all the Doom Today on the Diner"

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2013, 10:05:36 PM »
Another Option is to do Vowel Elimination.  DMSTDNR or DMSTDDNR or DMSTD.DNR.  If the Dot Character is allowed of course in such a name.

RE
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 10:08:44 PM by RE »
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline jdwheeler42

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Going Upslope
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2013, 10:14:27 PM »

Try Doomstead666.  :icon_mrgreen:

The Follower is Me.  :icon_sunny:

Okay, Doomstead666 it is... you are actually follower # 3  :P
First tweet about censorship going out presently...

Offline jdwheeler42

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Going Upslope
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2013, 10:29:33 PM »
Another Option is to do Vowel Elimination.  DMSTDNR or DMSTDDNR or DMSTD.DNR If the Dot Character is allowed of course in such a name.
Oooh, interesting, and we only need to eliminate 4 letters, so we can keep the long vowels: DoomstdDinr is available... does it work for you?

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2013, 10:38:09 PM »
Another Option is to do Vowel Elimination.  DMSTDNR or DMSTDDNR or DMSTD.DNR If the Dot Character is allowed of course in such a name.
Oooh, interesting, and we only need to eliminate 4 letters, so we can keep the long vowels: DoomstdDinr is available... does it work for you?

Right now I am inclined to stay with Doomstead666 since it was available, since Monsta uses it in his DinerID and since "Doomstead" in full Googles well from a copy/paste.

However, input from the SEO Professional here Ignoring the Trolls is warranted, and I am open to the alternatives if Diners think a different one would be better.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2013, 04:00:57 AM »

Right now I am inclined to stay with Doomstead666 since it was available, since Monsta uses it in his DinerID and since "Doomstead" in full Googles well from a copy/paste.

However, input from the SEO Professional here Ignoring the Trolls is warranted, and I am open to the alternatives if Diners think a different one would be better.

RE

I am late to this party. Sorry.

Guess we are using Doomstead666? I sort of liked JD's "DoomstdDinr" but I too would love to know what Ignoring the Trolls thinks.

Since I am twittignorant, can you have multiple names pointing to one account?
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline jdwheeler42

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Going Upslope
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2013, 04:20:14 AM »
Sounds good, RE... and you're probably right, for SEO purposes, Doomstead666 probably works better than DoomstdDinr.  If you notice, however, I am including #DoomsteadDiner in all the tweets, which is twitter's way of indexing, so that should be a plus for SEO.

Oh, and Surly, you can not have multiple names pointing to the same account, but you can change your username. It just really needs to be settled before we start advertising it.

Okay, ideally I'm aiming right now to tweet every 4-6 hours... my goal is to be as steady as possible... of course Real Life will undoubtedly get in the way...

Tweet #3 for the queue:

The 13 best movies ever: discuss your picks at the #DoomsteadDiner http://bit.ly/14fATbg  COLLAPSE: COMING SOON TO A THEATRE NEAR YOU
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 05:03:56 AM by jdwheeler42 »

Offline jdwheeler42

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Going Upslope
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2013, 04:56:20 AM »
#4: Cold fusion and boucing cats? Ugo Bardi explains at the #DoomsteadDiner http://bit.ly/1cC7PUn THAT'S ALL THE DOOM THIS TIME UNTIL NEXT TIME

#5: Did the US need to nuke Japan? Debate continues 68 years later in the #DoomsteadDiner http://bit.ly/138EgGW THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE

#6: Proper perspective on faith and science: #JohnMichaelGreer started it, we're NOT finishing it on the #DoomsteadDiner http://bit.ly/1ezJCuH