AuthorTopic: Remember  (Read 23254 times)

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Remember
« Reply #135 on: August 15, 2013, 08:00:47 PM »
I have been calling him out,Duncan, over and over in case you haven't noticed. And all he does is hide it and make a joke of everything. And now I would like an apology from the Capo Surly who carries out his inquisition for him. Karpatok

Lefty's have no shame    Think  Weiner, Slick Willie, John Edwards, Hillary, Kerry, the whole lot of them actually.

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 15, 2013, 08:01:48 PM »
FUCK OFF SURLY. YOUR LOVERS INTENTIONALLY MADE THAT IMPOSSIBLE IN ORDER TO COVER THEIR TRACKS! Now why don't you get busy like a dog and cover all of this with Algelbarts vomit in a back room somewhere as John likes to do. Karpatok

This is of course nonsense, you just have to have enough intelligence to use the Search function.  Watson is expert with this of course since his life's work is searching down citations in Biblical Databases.  LOL.

Anyhow, there is no promulgation of pederasty in the above mentioned series of quotations, merely an acknowledgement that under different circumstances people behave in different ways, just a s Mice which live in overcrowded environments change their behavior.  You don't acknowledge this occurs?  Just read the fucking newzpaper.

KK, admit it, you are a leech off the State living on Social Security which you didn't even contribute to, it came from your ex-husband who no doubt found you as irritating to live with as the rest of us do here on the Diner.  You are fortunate I run the Diner like the Catholic Church does, with a No Divorce policy.  LOL.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 15, 2013, 08:02:12 PM »
This woman also said she left school at 14.

LOL. I like that maid. Did she take pity on you?  ;)

Good to hear from you! Fill us in on the details!

WHD

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 15, 2013, 08:05:29 PM »
Lefty's have no shame

Lefty's and Righty's can blow.  :icon_mrgreen:

Offline Karpatok

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 15, 2013, 08:10:24 PM »
Lefty's have no shame

// Well nobody knows better than you, Duncan

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 15, 2013, 08:13:32 PM »
Lefty's have no shame

// Well nobody knows better than you, Duncan

Thanks for the praise K, but I don't think so.  ;)

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #141 on: August 16, 2013, 01:00:20 AM »
GO, if you ever consider trying to break into the Amish-Libertarian "club", you could always buy one of these:

Mount it and then roll into one of their villages exspousing the virtues of libertarianism.  They just might be impressed and let you into their club.  Or maybe not...they might think you are simply disingenuous.

This, BTW, +1.

"Disingenuous," indeed.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #142 on: August 16, 2013, 01:32:35 AM »
I have been calling him out,Duncan, over and over in case you haven't noticed. And all he does is hide it and make a joke of everything. And now I would like an apology from the Capo Surly who carries out his inquisition for him. Karpatok

Pretty pathetic.

So by YOUR peculiar logic, because a poster posed the questions posted above, the Diner endorses "cannibalism, killing your brother or sister, infanticide and pedophilia?"

That's your logic?

You will be skating on the frozen lakes of hell before you get an apology from me. It is you, madam who owe an apology, to the members of this board for offenses against truth. You have been aided and abetted by a couple of churlish pecksniffs who wish to score cheap, personal ad hominem debating points against RE, et al.  Pathetic, really.

Making a charge of pederasty against another adult is one of the most heinous things that one can do. It is a bell that cannot be unrung, even if charges proved to be false.  There are already too many powerless adults in this sick society willing to deprive children of their childhood, witness the Roman Catholic Church, and the serial allegations and coverups on this score.

Like many others here, I have spent too much time on this site to allow someone with a personal agenda to attempt to wreck it with baseless claims based on nothing but a blinding and irrational hatred.

There was a time when we discussed doom related issues here. I, for one, would love to return to those elysian times.  When the presence of lies, deceit, and hypocrisy  sometimes demands an answer. Which I promise you will get.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 16, 2013, 02:38:23 AM »
It comes back to definitions. So many times we are using the same terms and ascribing different meanings to those terms. Libertarian party politics as practiced by the Koch brothers is not what I'm talking about when I call myself a libertarian (note the small L).

When I call myself a libertarian, what that means to me is that I believe, first and foremost, in the right to individual freedom and the concomitant personal responsibility that it takes to live that way. I neither want, nor expect, anyone else, particularly not a conglomeration of people doing business as "the State" to (a) take care of my needs or (b) try to run my life.

I believe, as Ted K. stated, that the direct, inevitable outcome of an overgrown, technological society is the loss of individual freedom. You can fight back, or you can prepare to be enslaved.

I believe that most schemes aimed at taxing working people and giving money to the less fortunate become corrupted by the corporate elites, who always manage to funnel a significant part of the money into their own bank accounts through "administering" these programs.

I believe that it is the working poor and the middle class that do the heavy lifting under this corrupt system, and that big money manages to largely exempt itself from participating in the funding of health care, old age pensions, and veterans benefits.  This offends my sense of fairness.

I'm anti-war, because wars are fought for all the wrong reasons, and it results in a situation where all the money gets spent for guns (and satellites and nukes), and none for butter (or doctors). It enriches some few at the expense of the many, and it sacrifices the lives of poor kids who either don't know better or who have no choice.

I'm leery of programs aimed at "leveling the playing field"or redistributing tax money to people just because they are poor...because I think (actually I know) that it creates a cycle of dependency and a host of other unintended consequences.

I believe I have every right to complain, because, unlike a lot of people, I've paid huge sums of money into this system, far in excess of any possible benefit I can expect to receive. Yes I have received benefits from the system. I don't deny that. And I have no problem with any individual taking what the system offers...but I do plan to cut my support for this system by eliminating most of my own dependency on the currency...and without people like me, who pay the lions share, this system will fall apart like a cheap piece of Chinese consumer crap, sooner rather than later.

I have a pet theory...and that theory is that anybody who supports a system that redistributes the wealth in a major way, as our system now does, probably gets more than they give...or at least feels that the system has been generally fair. If this is you, you probably have never been self-employed. You probably always had your taxes taken from you in the form of a payroll deduction, up front, so that you never were allowed to hold your own money in your hand before handing it over to TPTB.

I am getting out of debt. I am planning a new life that creates a different kind of wealth, the kind that is hard to tax. I'm getting out of the debt economy and into the gift economy. I'm going to concentrate on growing food and producing my own power. In other words, I am quietly withdrawing my support for this unsustainable clusterfuck we call progress.

Good luck on keeping the system going without guys like me.

Excellent post eddie, just superb, you spoke for me entirely. :emthup:
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 16, 2013, 05:00:02 AM »
There was a time when we discussed doom related issues here. I, for one, would love to return to those elysian times.

They were wonderful, but that could only last so long with the Left. They have to divide things up into different classes and politicize everything.

Then the hate and envy starts, Doom becomes a discussion about how to get the bastards with money. If they are not poor they are evil. You, AG and RE are the greatest practitioners of the art. My own faults at stoking the flames are acknowledged and I am truly sorry for the ill will and bad feelings my efforts have helped cause.

We all know what happens when politics and religion take over a forum designed for another reason, don't we.

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 16, 2013, 05:31:28 AM »
Excellent post eddie, just superb, you spoke for me entirely. :emthup:

Doc certainly posted one heck of a good posting with that one. Enjoyed it immensely myself.  :emthup: :emthup:

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 16, 2013, 06:10:30 AM »
Thanks guys.

My assertion is still that your actions define you better than whatever label you put on yourself. The Koch brothers might call themselves libertarian, but they're still planet rapers with the mentality of common thugs, in my book.

What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Randy C

• Foxsteader
  • Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 16, 2013, 04:43:01 PM »
Great post Eddie, right there with ya buddy....  ;)

Offline jdwheeler42

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Going Upslope
« Reply #148 on: August 16, 2013, 06:02:50 PM »
There was a time when we discussed doom related issues here. I, for one, would love to return to those elysian times.

They were wonderful, but that could only last so long with the Left. They have to divide things up into different classes and politicize everything.

Then the hate and envy starts, Doom becomes a discussion about how to get the bastards with money. If they are not poor they are evil....

We all know what happens when politics and religion take over a forum designed for another reason, don't we.
:LolLolLolLol:
Really? Surly? Golden?

What do you think is going to happen when JIT fails?

We are all going to stand in a circle and sing Kumbaya and get along?

The material preparations are the easy part.  The hard part of collapse, that part that turns it into doom, are the religious and political divisions.  That is what can tear us apart.

This is what can make the Doomstead Diner have an impact orders of magnitude greater than its size, being a safe place for different sides of issues to come together and discuss them rationally, without personal abuse.  That dialogue can be more precious than a field full of golden tractors.
Making pigs fly is easy... that is, of course, after you have built the catapult....

Offline JoeP

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 16, 2013, 06:19:37 PM »

Then the hate and envy starts, Doom becomes a discussion about how to get the bastards with money. If they are not poor they are evil....

We all know what happens when politics and religion take over a forum designed for another reason, don't we?

Really? Surly? Golden?

What do you think is going to happen when JIT fails?

We are all going to stand in a circle and sing Kumbaya and get along?

The material preparations are the easy part.  The hard part of collapse, that part that turns it into doom, are the religious and political divisions.  That is what can tear us apart.

This is what can make the Doomstead Diner have an impact orders of magnitude greater than its size, being a safe place for different sides of issues to come together and discuss them rationally, without personal abuse.  That dialogue can be more precious than a field full of golden tractors.

:emthup:  I think you would be pressed to find a forum less "confined" than The Diner.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 06:34:30 PM by JoeP »
just my straight shooting honest opinion