PE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Off the Reservation: by El Gallinazo

AuthorTopic: Off the Reservation: by El Gallinazo  (Read 20714 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: Off the Reservation: by El Gallinazo
« Reply #105 on: April 27, 2012, 09:58:09 PM »

Phil Oaks like Van Gogh "suffered for his sanity and tried to make men free" -never can hear enough from him.  There was time in my life when I studied Van Gogh intensively and I actually felt my rationality threatened.  Great art possibly has the effect Peter talks about of unhinging us from the so-called reality we assume.

I was still in my teens when Phil Ochs (note spelling!) committed suicide, but I did have the good fortune of meeting him once before he bought his ticket to the Great Beyond.  I had a friend a few years older who worked as Producer (mainly call screener) for the Alex Bennet show on WBAI in NYC, and when Alex got Phil in for an interview, I went with my friend to sit in the studio for the show.

By this time Phil was heavily depressed and was seriously alcoholic.  He pretty much spent himself through the 60s, and when the counterculture and revolution he was hoping for collapsed, Phil pretty much lost his reason for living.

On the positive side, Phil left behind a fabulous body of work that rings as true today as it did back then.  I was a HUGE Phil Ochs fan in my early teens, while I like what Bob Dylan wrote I always thought Phil was the REAL talent of that generation of folkies.  I'll be sure to put up as many of his tunes as I can find in the DD Juke Box.  Like Dr. Gonzo, Phil is a seminal influence on my writing, and it is likely no coincidence that both of them went out of this world by their own hand.  The good Doctor had a stronger constitution though, and his body was able to take the non-stop abuse of alcohol and drugs to ease the pain a lot longer than Phil was able to handle it.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

nobody

« Reply #106 on: April 28, 2012, 06:43:41 AM »
RE,
Ochs.  I knew that.  Sure I did.  Really. 
I require an editor.
And a wife, please. 
Then perhaps I can function intelligently.

Another line from McLean's great song, "this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you."
It would make for insanity wouldn't it, being a visionary in a world so vulnerable to corruption?
This line supposes tho that there is a Heaven, free from all this painful oppression.  Do you believe it?  I've always wondered.  Your (tagline?) saying, "see ya on the other side" along with some cryptic hints that this -all this will just continue after death is something I hope you will talk further about.  Sentience; we'd better get a grip on it.

nobody

« Reply #107 on: April 28, 2012, 07:11:42 AM »
Jeez Ben, I'm glad I asked -thank YOU for that prodigious response. 

"i have no doubt that the sixth sense has been relegated to pirate radio."
I do doubt this.  Or hope to.  So could you talk about it more?

"even though hard science supports quantum realities i find myself bargaining with them even though i realize that the cognitive dissonance is a manifestation of my materialist baggage. whilst i remain a believer in the physical architecture of industrial doom, at this point i'm wondering whether this seemingly fantastical new world will result in a new sub-narrative, parallel belief narratives, or a new supernarrative.  "

I LOVE that.. bargaining with quantum realities.  What are we reduced to here?  Exactly that.  I'm counting on exploration of alternatives with you and others on this forum. 

"...it appears that the idea of 'extend and pretend' is getting to me."  Poetry.  I'm afraid it got to me a long time ago and disintegrated my will.  It's one of the lasers they use against us.

Wellsir, guess I'd better check out this Veritas Radio.  Thanks for reminding me.  Meant to.  But I got stuck at the quantum reality bargaining table.
Thanks again, Ben

Offline peter

• Administrator
  • Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 28, 2012, 02:47:08 PM »
RE: Intuition

INTUITION
in·tu·i·tion/ˌint(y)o͞oˈiSHən/
Noun:   

The ability to understand something immediately, without the need for conscious reasoning.
    A thing that one knows or considers likely from instinctive feeling rather than conscious reasoning.

SUBLIMINAL
sub·lim·i·nal   [suhb-lim-uh-nl] Show IPA
adjective Psychology .
existing or operating below the threshold of consciousness; being or employing stimuli insufficiently intense to produce a discrete sensation but often being or designed to be intense enough to influence the mental processes or the behavior of the individual: a subliminal stimulus; subliminal advertising.

Do you notice the similarity in definitions between intuition and subliminal?

Do both result in making decisions without conscious thought?

How can we tell the difference between intuitively making a decision and making a decision based on subliminally suggestive ideas/objects placed into our environment to elicit a specific reaction? 

Wikipedia has a good collection  of different definitions of intuition and also suggests some of the origins of intuition http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intuition_%28psychology%29

It is often suggested that intuition is based on subliminal knowledge that we hold within our genetic makeup which retains information about important situations experienced by our ancestors, and  also by ourselves.

To me this type of intuition is very dangerous as it is based on conditioning and equivalent to mindlessly following the directives of outside forces.

Here is an impressive example of blatantly  employing such a strategy to get a specific result.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZyQjr1YL0zg&amp;feature=player_embedded&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ZyQjr1YL0zg&amp;feature=player_embedded&fs=1</a>

More good stuff here.... http://www.mindpowernews.com/SubliminalAds.htm

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/RSg0VddmJxQ&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/RSg0VddmJxQ&fs=1</a>

In a natural setting intuition is a very valuable tool that allows us to respond quickly without thought to dangerous situations based on similar experiences had by our ancestors. However such instinctual reactions are very dangerous within our society because there is a small elitist group determined to control the actions of the massive majority that they cannot control by force by using subliminal conditioning. 

CONDITION Train or accustom (someone or something) to behave in a certain way or to accept certain circumstances

- we have all been conditioned to the conventional format of TV
    - the child is conditioned to dislike food
    - the program examines aspects of social conditioning

The Elite have expended enormous resources to learn how to influence our actions subliminally because many of the things they desire to condition us to would likely be rejected if we used logic to determine our actions.

Play list of videos regarding subliminal conditioning.

The Wilhelm Reich book, "The Function of the Orgasm", which I keep mentioning details how the very structure of our families was manipulated to create people who could be known to respond in specific ways to subliminal cues which can be successfully activated many years later and throughout our whole lifetime.

A very blatant example that affects almost all of us is that we have allowed our leaders to rape and pillage without consciously saying, "yes I agree with this". We may not like what they do but we have let them get away with it. Why? I say because there were many subtle conditioning experiences placed throughout our lives that make us submit to authority figures. Many of us are now struggling to overcome this conditioning but the vast majority are still in thrall to their masters.   

To me making a decision without knowing why I made it is suspect. I now attempt to apply logic to such intuitive ideas and also do research to see if they make sense before acting on them.

There is another sense that has similarities to intuition in that it accesses information below the conscious level.  The difference is that although the process itself is unconscious the process is consciously initiated.

To limit our access to information within our physical reality, which is manipulated by the elite to give them dominance, our conscious level of thought is trained to reject all information that is not physically sense-able within our environment. This means our consciousness is tuned to one carrier wave/program/reality which is controllable by the elite.

Without this conditioning we would discover that our consciousness can be tuned at will to a limitless number of carriers/programs/realities many of which do not include a controlling elite.

More broadly... once this conditioning is broken it is possible to perceive the environment that ALL the broadcasts exist within without being tuned to any specific broadcast. In this sentient mode beyond the conscious/unconscious divide, there is available all information at once and information gained there is based on the full body of all information not just information that is based on one genetic program.

What initially differentiates this process from normal intuition is the 'INTENT' to seek this information. When the process is successful the information arrives 'intuitively' (without thought) into your consciousness, but results from previous 'intent'. It is not information that appears in your consciousness without known 'reason'. 

The way I initially taught myself to access this place was only accessible when I was extremely well rested and calm. Such conditions are rare while we are stuck on the treadmill of trying to keep up with the status quo. This treadmill is no accident. A big part of our induced lifestyle is the intent to keep us so frazzled that we can't 'think'(?)  clearly or well. It is a primary reason for getting off the treadmill.

I experimented for a number of years with the sleep state. When well rested I would attempt to enter the sleep state while remaining conscious with the intent to find specific pieces of information. This intent when executed successfully takes you into a totally different place than normal sleep. If you have dreams, even very lucid ones, you are in the normal sleep state, not in the state needed to access all information.

For a long time I didn't realize I had arrived in this other place. Although I was aware, I appeared to be in a black void of nothingness. There appeared to be no detail of any kind. Surprisingly even though the experience seemed undifferentiated nothingness, the answer I sought would pop into my consciousness instantaneously at/near the point of awakening.

To get into this space requires being aware enough to sidestep into this space at the instant you transition from waking to sleep mode. There is a tiny instant when you can step into greater consciousness. If you are too tired or stressed out it is impossible to concentrate well enough to accomplish this.

After spending much time there it becomes possible to perceive detail(?) there.

After much time you also come to understand that that mode of sentience can be accessed directly even while physically conscious.

To describe that experience and the structure(?) of that reality is probably not possible within words. It is a completely different way of being aware. It is not based on localized individuality or personality. There is no ego there. You just are 'everything'.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 08:52:22 PM by peter »

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 28, 2012, 05:08:24 PM »
RE: Intuition

Peter, please drop this one onto the Blog as a Feature Post.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
On the Existence of God
« Reply #110 on: April 28, 2012, 05:16:47 PM »
RE,
Ochs.  I knew that.  Sure I did.  Really. 
I require an editor.
And a wife, please. 
Then perhaps I can function intelligently.

Another line from McLean's great song, "this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you."
It would make for insanity wouldn't it, being a visionary in a world so vulnerable to corruption?
This line supposes tho that there is a Heaven, free from all this painful oppression.  Do you believe it?  I've always wondered.  Your (tagline?) saying, "see ya on the other side" along with some cryptic hints that this -all this will just continue after death is something I hope you will talk further about.  Sentience; we'd better get a grip on it.

You must have missed my Feature Post "On the Existence of God" over on the Blog during your Hiatus.  It should answer a few of your questions about how I view existential questions of God, the Afterlife, Heaven and Hell.

http://www.doomsteaddiner.net/blog/2012/03/30/on-the-existence-of-god/

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline peter

• Administrator
  • Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 30, 2012, 10:38:49 AM »
This post will mostly be about being a 'Jack of All Trades' but it relates to intuition which was covered by a recent post here so I'll stick it here for now.

It will ramble for a bit first to explain how I came to the realizations I did.

As I've mentioned before I am an 'un-educated', man. I left school and home at 14 with only a middle school education. I left school because I felt it was making me dumber instead of smarter. My parents then told me they wouldn't support me if I didn't go to school so I set out to explore the world. In the early years I hitchhiked around Canada taking odd jobs whenever I needed to.

I worked at a lot of different jobs and got into a lot of amazing situations that gave me much insight about the many different realities people live in.

A few highlights.... I worked in the oil patch early on. To start with I was too young even to be a roughneck but I was hired to do the dirty work of scraping, cleaning and painting stuff. I worked on both large rigs with remote camps and smaller portable rigs that moved often and sheltered in the closest small prairie town. I worked as a welders helper on pipelines, a grave digger, lived and worked with a bunch of native truck drivers in the northernmost reaches of Canada and visited communities in the far north that had no roads to them where people had never seen a paved road or multistory building.

I worked with an elite survey crew that surveyed the boundary between Canada & The USA on the Great Lakes and between Alaska and the Yukon. I worked for the Federal Government on a project that Conspiracy Theorists call, "The Grand Canal", which both the Canadian & US government deny exists. They have been quietly working away at it for many decades.

I shared an apartment  in Ottawa with a senators son, where Pierre Trudeau used to party before he became Prime Minister of Canada. I got to see their lifestyle from the inside.

While in Ottawa I took nightschool to get grade 12 equivalent and then took a couple of semesters of business administration. I eventually quit because I couldn't stand being around the other students who were mostly a bunch of self-centered egotistical party animals.

I worked for the BC Forest Service for a number of years as a dispatcher, truck driver fixing remote roads, and fire lookout man where I would spend months at a time on top of a mountain by myself. Much of the time was spent living in bunkhouses in FS camps.

I found that virtually all of the wide variety of work and living environments I experienced were devastating to humans both creatively and emotionally. With very rare exceptions everyone I met was self-centered with blinders on that only allowed them to see a very narrow perspective of life centered on the particular function they performed for society. The government cultures were the very worst. There was little to no tolerance for ideas or actions that varied from edicts from above in the hierarchy of government power.

I really enjoyed most of the jobs I took on but mostly couldn't stand the social environment. The social environments I felt most comfortable in were invariably the ones that had minimal connection with our civilization. I spent a lot of time thinking about why that was and came to the conclusion that our schooling isn't the only culprit in creating a destructive social environment. I realized that the mass media was the largest culprit in creating destructive behavior in our civilization. Living among simple people without massive media consumption convinced me that people aren't inherently evil or destructive and that such behavior is induced through education and media consumption.

To this day I remember when this realization struck me. I was working in remote northern Ontario with a survey crew based out of Ottawa which hired a lot of local natives to do the heavy work. I couldn't stand the social life in the camp with the surveyors and chose to instead  hang out with the natives. This resulted in being invited to their remote reserve during days off. The wife of one of the workers was highly thought of within the community and also the keeper of the library. They were all proud about being able to read. She soon took me to the community library to proudly display it's content. I was shocked when I discovered it was all things like Mickey Spillaine detective stories and romances. I flashed, "no wonder we are all so fucked up". In Civilization our libraries have greater variety but the vast majority of the information that enters our lives comes from the mass media and it is almost exclusively destructive crap.

I got to the point where I simply couldn't stand working within the hierarchies associated with 'normal' jobs. I decided to strike out on my own. I decided the most important thing I could do with my life is to try to counter the destructive content I saw being introduced by the MSM. I decided to do this by taking content from the remnants of the simpler less destructive lifestyles I had found and produce media content promoting those values which I felt would create a better living environment. This attempt is a very long story that spanned over 14 years but I will now get back to the main point about what it takes to be a 'Jack of All Trades' (JOAT). The answer will surprise you as much as it did me. It is only in the last few years that I have been able to grasp what occurred. At the time I just did what my intuition told me to do without understanding why.

One would naturally assume  that to be a JOAT would require many different skills. Granted this helps but it is not essential. All that is required to be a JOAT is one skill which unfortunately is drummed out of us by our schooling so that we are more easily integrated into the hierarchical structure that defines our society.

In a hierarchy like ours it is more important for it's survival that people follow orders reliably than for them to think creatively or widely. We are taught to solve problems by referring to edicts from acknowledged 'experts' in the applicable field. Hierarchies depend on things being done 'their' way. Having a list of 'approved' solutions assures this.

A JOAT takes a totally different approach to solving problems. Regardless of the content of the situation the process is always the same. First assess how the problem item interacts with it's environment, which is a type of intuition, or, thinking for yourself to solve problems instead of relying on expert outside information/advice for a solution. (Is this why women are often thought of as more intuitive? Do they think for themselves more than men do?) In problems there are usually enough clues for anyone to come to realize what is going wrong using deductive reasoning. Traditional workers can usually apply this type of reasoning to the particular task they have been trained for but unfortunately their schooling has also taught them that it is wrong, or beneath them, to apply the same type of reasoning to tasks they haven't been trained for. "Do only what you have been taught to do and leave the rest to those who have expertise that you don't have." TRUST THE EXPERTS! DON'T think for yourself outside YOUR area of training/specialization!

I have been astounded many times by very intelligent people with great skill in one area that ask me to do simple things like screw an item to a wall because they think they are incapable of doing it correctly themselves.

There is a lot of very important psychology behind this phenomena but this post is already too long so discussing it will need to wait.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 12:05:19 PM by peter »

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 30, 2012, 11:01:44 AM »
Peter, just a brief note that the pictures are missing again in this latest post. Same situation exactly as prior problem. GO

Offline Surly1

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #113 on: April 30, 2012, 01:23:42 PM »
What a thoughtful article. Thanks, Peter.
"...reprehensible lying communist..."

nobody

« Reply #114 on: May 01, 2012, 10:31:23 AM »
As for the definitions of "subliminal" vs. "intuition", I really do not find any similarity.  A subliminal suggestion is just that and -at least for me, not conscious.  Maybe you can illustrate.

Intuition is a highly conscious thing and I would not use the word "feeling" to describe it.  It's a perception; a non-verbal perception which must be put into words only to be talked about.  I find these things best left alone and not put into words because I strive to understand beyond words.  Gotta break the mold here.

I do think that intuition is a form of communication, and therefore, subject to manipulation, but I have always thought it was communication with something helpful.  When I did my art, I felt it .. I felt submerged in it.  My art was all wordless, of course, a wordless world.  Because the elite still buy art, I believe they are not in control of the place art (music, etc.) comes from.

When Picasso painted Gertrude Stein's portrait, she said, "But it doesn't look like me."  He responded, "It will."

Offline RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 01, 2012, 12:18:59 PM »
This post will mostly be about being a 'Jack of All Trades' but it relates to intuition which was covered by a recent post here so I'll stick it here for now.
This one should be up on the Blog also.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline el Gallinazo

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 02, 2012, 11:08:26 AM »
 Snippets of a recent letter to a friend:

An internet blogger friend of mine suggested that I take a look at a blog site about a month ago called Veritas Radio.  The primary aspect of this site which is 3.5 years old is that every week a new interview is podcast from it.  They average between 2 and 2.5 hours and the topics are areas of knowledge deliberately suppressed by the mainstream media.  The host and interviewer is a very remarkable man named Mel Fabregas who lives near Tucson Arizona (About 12 hours by bus and immigration delay north of me).  I have become rather enraptured by the content of these interviews, and the simple arithmetic would indicate that there are currently about 180 of them with a new one added every Friday.  The answers to many of the "big questions" I have pondered since early childhood are contained in them.  Which is not meant to indicate that these answers are rolled out like a catechism from the Pope or some other "authority."  It is much more like sitting in the jury box of an extended trial and listening to testimony and cross examination.  A few of the witnesses are lunatics, some are shills paid to perjure themselves by the defense or prosecution, some are sincere but mistaken in their testimony, and a high percentage have incredibly valid and interesting material to transmit.  I have listened to about 50 of the 180 interviews so far and have been able already to reach some interesting conclusions beyond a reasonable doubt.

Anyway, I was listening a couple of days ago to an interview, dated Jan. 6 of this year, where Mel invited a rather remarkable film maker and TV journalist producer by the name of Sean David Morton.  He used to be a producer for Hard Copy.  This guy is amazingly bright, informed, and well connected.  The conversation drifted to the topic of cancer during which he said something rather remarkable.  I immediately thought of your daughter, who you mentioned to me over pizza last January was still struggling with cancer.  Transcripts of many of the interviews are available to members for a modest fee for pdf download, so I acquired this transcript, which totals 83 pages (Morton is a very rapid speaker) and cut and pasted the portion dealing with this botanical extract, Bryomixol, below.  I would recommend that you and your daughter research it further.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 11:13:44 AM by el Gallinazo »

Offline reanteben

• Global Moderator
  • Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 04, 2012, 01:28:09 AM »
Jeez Ben, I'm glad I asked -thank YOU for that prodigious response. 

"i have no doubt that the sixth sense has been relegated to pirate radio."
I do doubt this.  Or hope to.  So could you talk about it more?

hi nobody. very sorry for taking SO long again to reply. this is no way to carry on a conversation.

it was a pithy statement i tacked-on between the 'preview' button and the 'post' button so as to respond to a previous thought by you about how chilling is the pirating of our sixth sense. what i said was in reference to being open to exopolitics and how it sorta feels like what i imagine great pirate radio would've been like in an historic time and place. exciting subject matter and illicit emotions.       

what do you have to say on it?

nobody

« Reply #118 on: May 04, 2012, 08:01:49 AM »
No apology necessary at all, Ben.  It takes weeks and weeks to sift through everything that gets tucked into the corners around here. 

"...what i said was in reference to being open to exopolitics and how it sorta feels like what i imagine great pirate radio would've been like in an historic time and place. exciting subject matter and illicit emotions.       

what do you have to say on it?"

It reminds me of all the possibilities we'll never explore.  I was telling my son last week, driving our way through the hundreds of stoplights we sit at for hour everyday, that all this driving and cars and roads and traffic controls -- all this is the result of an arbitrary decision made years ago by some rich guy,  and then another, etc.  We could have gone in another direction totally.  With the tech advances made (+ those that were criminally shelved by TPTB), we could all have been flying as individuals... I think.