AuthorTopic: C5 Walks into a Diner...  (Read 15824 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: C5 Walks into a Diner... Part III
« Reply #510 on: February 06, 2019, 09:50:53 PM »
We've only ever gotten together on two occasions, but they were both pretty epic.

Actually, 3 occasions.  I also count the Total Eclipse of the SUN☼ Adventure as one of the convocations since I did that one with K-Dog as well as Brian.  You just missed that one.  It also was Epic though.  :icon_sunny:  I sold a good number of Diner T-Shirts on that Adventure too.  So something was accomplished there.

RE
There are T shirts?

None left.  I only did one run.  They're a Collector's Item.  :icon_sunny:

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #511 on: February 07, 2019, 02:14:31 AM »
C5 Defines The Adapters Movement- Part III- Make Food First Again... Is now up   https://darkgreenmountainsurvivalresearchcentre.wordpress.com/2019/02/07/c5-defines-the-adapters-movement-in-four-parts-part-iii-make-food-first-again/

It's a bit earlier than intended... but I have no self control... and I wanted to getter dun so I can move on to other Adapter related stuff. Plus I felt pressured. Turns out Survival Acres has been writing again. I learned about this because... he just did his  first ever interview over at Radio Ecoshock. https://www.ecoshock.org/
I had reposted his works in my earliest writing of my blog.

In the article, he also used that we have to become Adapters now.

Sooo.... I back tracked his writing a bit. This Rant stands out.... as saying much of what I have been saying. I call it, The old, experienced Survivalist and Preppers REVOLT. http://survivalacres.com/blog/real-survivalism/

Perfect timing.  Just in time for the 7th Anniversary of the Doomstead Diner.  :icon_sunny:

RE

Both excellent. The Survival Acres article sounds just like what we've been talking about in this Forum for years, only written a bit larger.

Excellent.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline AJ

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: February 07, 2019, 05:41:06 AM »
C5 Defines The Adapters Movement- Part III- Make Food First Again... Is now up   https://darkgreenmountainsurvivalresearchcentre.wordpress.com/2019/02/07/c5-defines-the-adapters-movement-in-four-parts-part-iii-make-food-first-again/

It's a bit earlier than intended... but I have no self control... and I wanted to getter dun so I can move on to other Adapter related stuff. Plus I felt pressured. Turns out Survival Acres has been writing again. I learned about this because... he just did his  first ever interview over at Radio Ecoshock. https://www.ecoshock.org/
I had reposted his works in my earliest writing of my blog.

In the article, he also used that we have to become Adapters now.

Sooo.... I back tracked his writing a bit. This Rant stands out.... as saying much of what I have been saying. I call it, The old, experienced Survivalist and Preppers REVOLT. http://survivalacres.com/blog/real-survivalism/

Perfect timing.  Just in time for the 7th Anniversary of the Doomstead Diner.  :icon_sunny:

RE

Both excellent. The Survival Acres article sounds just like what we've been talking about in this Forum for years, only written a bit larger.

Excellent.
Loved Part 3.
BUT call me dense (it's ok for stupid lawyer jokes NOW). I fail to see anything in that video of the drug cartel other than a bunch of armed idiots stopping traffic on the road and harassing (killing a few) the locals. Don't understand the "assault" on the farm house (mansion)? A few shots fired and they all returned to drive away?
I know the take away that you can't survive if a well armed group wants to overtake you, yeah I get that - survivalist fiction is stuffed with that stuff. Also know that a community could take care of such a group. So, community is the defense in rural areas (but community is more important than defense - I get that). AND I'm there with you Eddie, building community is hard when you're usually a loner and I have a spouse that is the most antisocial person I know. Tough road to make community.
WHAT I MOST APPRECIATE about C-5's screeds is the emphasis on FOOD. I have some stockpiled but growing FOOD is my nightmare. Gardens constantly expanding, more biochar to make, more slugs, moles, birds, bugs to KILL. Gotta build that bee hive. More water to put in cisterns, dams, etc. More compost to make. MORE DIGGING. Less wasting time posting!!!!! STILL NOT ENOUGH FOOD. How many ways to eat squash? Jerusalem artichokes?, Parsnips?
Time to go - the damn rooster is yelling at me again (probably for being stupid).
AJ
Nullis in Verba

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: C5 Walks into a Diner...
« Reply #513 on: February 07, 2019, 06:52:58 AM »
The best way I have heard this presented was by the late Micheal Ruppert, who said,  We may be forced by necessity to live the way we probably should have been living in the first place.

Im going to flip that statement a bit. The way we probably should have been living in the first place,  we may be forced into by necessity, to simply LIVE.

I like that too. I owe a debt of gratitude to Mike Ruppert, whose book gave me my very first real insight into collapse. It's still my favorite on Peak Oil.

From the get-go too (which for me was only about 8 years ago now), my belief has been that we WON'T adapt in large numbers until it becomes absolutely necessary. And for a long time, I've debated in my own mind whether to live my cushy BAU life, or take up arms against a sea of coming troubles, as you have done.

Like any Good American, I'm a half-ass, so I make some half-assed efforts...but I am a fairly capable guy, and I was lucky to have grown up on a worn out cotton farm in East Texas to parents who both grew up on subsistence farms. I know something about what it's like. I'm not clueless.

I wanted to save my family if I could...but my kids have grown up on me and gone off in search of their own paths. Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans, as John Lennon once said.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.