AuthorTopic: C5 Walks into a Diner...  (Read 11542 times)

Online RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: C5 Walks into a Diner...
« Reply #375 on: December 18, 2018, 03:19:20 PM »
I don't rip people off. I take care of other people.

That line of bullshit is something you and your vivid imagination came up with to make you feel good about trashing me. I'm sure you can sell that crap to AG and few other self-righteous assholes, but anybody who knows me.....really knows better. You know better. Give it a fuckin' rest.

Eddie, you are a good guy.  That is why we are friends.

That doesn't obviate the fact you work inside a criminal racket, a GSE (Goobermint Sponsored Enterprise) protected by Da Goobermint to keep the prices high.  It's a big Conduit Scheme.  Easily visible if you go down to Mexico to have your teeth worked on for 10 Cents on the Dollar.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #376 on: December 18, 2018, 04:42:56 PM »
I don't rip people off. I take care of other people.

That line of bullshit is something you and your vivid imagination came up with to make you feel good about trashing me. I'm sure you can sell that crap to AG and few other self-righteous assholes, but anybody who knows me.....really knows better. You know better. Give it a fuckin' rest.

Eddie, you are a good guy.  That is why we are friends.

That doesn't obviate the fact you work inside a criminal racket, a GSE (Goobermint Sponsored Enterprise) protected by Da Goobermint to keep the prices high.  It's a big Conduit Scheme.  Easily visible if you go down to Mexico to have your teeth worked on for 10 Cents on the Dollar.

RE

Ah, fuck...

When Ashvin tried to wear my ass out about why I don't change my life, and do any number of quixotic things to immiserate myself and my family to no visible effect, part of the answer has always been that it's like spitting into the ocean. But ideologues don't care about details.

We all come of age in a society with a given set of rules, and we try to make some sort of living within those rules as best we can. You did it, I've done it and so has our dentist friend. It puts my teeth on edge when you wear his ass out like this. Eddie has done more to prepare for a post-collapse future than most zip codes full of people. He's full of hard-won knowledge, collected the hard way, for which he has often paid retail, plus plus.

I'm a wannabe bolshevik bit I begrudge the man nothing. Her had done more for others in a direct way, alleviated more pain and touched more lives than most of us totaled up together. Feel free to give that "conduit scheme" a rest. If he were part of some wealth-funneling group of thieves it would be one thing. But from all accounts he's kicking' it old skool.

So take a deep breath. Not that Eddie needs a lawyer.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Online RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: December 18, 2018, 04:55:35 PM »

He doesn't need a lawyer, and if he were tried under the current set of laws he would be found innocent.  I just try to point out the criminal nature of such things, which many others have done before me.  Probably Al Capone said it best though.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #378 on: December 18, 2018, 05:23:39 PM »

He doesn't need a lawyer, and if he were tried under the current set of laws he would be found innocent.  I just try to point out the criminal nature of such things, which many others have done before me.  Probably Al Capone said it best though.

RE

So did Smedley Butler, using other words. So has John Perkins, Chris Hedges, and plenty of other observers with whom we'd likely all agree.
Empire corrupts.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: December 18, 2018, 05:35:02 PM »
Chris Hedges is worth 19 million dollars. Yeah....really.

What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.