PE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Meanwhile back at the 'stead

AuthorTopic: Meanwhile back at the 'stead  (Read 192208 times)

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Meanwhile back at the 'stead
« Reply #1095 on: September 11, 2018, 04:20:38 AM »
After I pay my overhead for 9 employees for their time for that 15 minutes, cover the rent, bills, etc.. It's a finer line than you think it is.

Business is not heavy this week. Time of year. I did a root canal on a 91 year old lady yesterday. turns out she was a liveaboard sailor at one time...had a Shucker 40, which is a decent motorsailer. Now she's in the old folks home....but sharp as a tack.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 05:08:55 AM by Eddie »
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Nearingsfault

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: September 11, 2018, 05:04:14 AM »
It's worth considering anyways. those electric brakes on the trailer like a little exercise from time to time to stay useable and you'll get brighter trailer lights as well... Hmm that last one might not apply with the LED lights I suppose.
If its important then try something, fail, disect, learn from it, try again, and again and again until it kills you or you succeed.

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: September 11, 2018, 05:23:15 AM »
I'll probably go ahead and get a controller.

I wish I had trailer brakes on my flatbed. I went cheap on that, way back when, and later regretted it. It's nice to have brakes when you're seriously loaded. I get that.

I haul the tractors on the flatbed, and will be using it to haul some pallets of ready-mix soon. It's good dam building weather, and the creek is just wet enough to rapidly set the bags if I do my quick-stack check dam thing I've been thinking about.

Online RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: September 11, 2018, 06:02:55 AM »
After I pay my overhead for 9 employees for their time for that 15 minutes, cover the rent, bills, etc.. It's a finer line than you think it is.

Business is not heavy this week. Time of year. I did a root canal on a 91 year old lady yesterday. turns out she was a liveaboard sailor at one time...had a Shucker 40, which is a decent motorsailer. Now she's in the old folks home....but sharp as a tack.

Oh come on.  You yourself said you could knock off my 6 remaining teeth inside a half an hour.  Even at Meixcan prices, you could buy the controller. That is fucking chump change.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: September 11, 2018, 06:09:26 AM »
I don't have patients lined up around the block to get extractions like they do in Nogales. I did zero extractions yesterday and have none scheduled for today.

If I could do nothing but extractions all day, even at my modest fees of 150 (routine) or 200-ish (difficult surgicals) I'd be perfectly happy to do that. It's easy work compared to a lot of other things I do, and I'm good at it.

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: September 22, 2018, 10:48:33 AM »
I had one pig out last night and I let her stay out. Maybe the same one as last time. I'm taking a gun with me when I go out tomorrow. I have to make an example for the other prisoners. Looks like I have to do some skinning work. The freezer awaits, empty and cold.

I'm trying to get ready for another run to the sale after work on Monday. I'm taking off at 2 pm this time, and I'll have the trailer brakes done, or disconnected tomorrow too.

The rain keeps coming. It looks like we're pretty likely to have an el Nino this winter, which means wetter weather here. If the creek starts to look good, I'm going to put the stead on the market. If I can sell it for a good price, I can buy a smaller place closer to the lake cottage, which makes good sense. Maybe wait a bit for the next crash and then shop for it.

Not sure how much equity I really have, or whether it'll sell anyway. But I intend to launch a trial ballon and see. If....if the water comes back. Big if.

Online RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: September 22, 2018, 10:57:21 AM »
If the creek starts to look good, I'm going to put the stead on the market. If I can sell it for a good price, I can buy a smaller place closer to the lake cottage, which makes good sense. Maybe wait a bit for the next crash and then shop for it.

Find a Chinese RE Broker.  You'll double your money for sure.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline azozeo

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: September 22, 2018, 11:07:44 AM »
I had one pig out last night and I let her stay out. Maybe the same one as last time. I'm taking a gun with me when I go out tomorrow. I have to make an example for the other prisoners. Looks like I have to do some skinning work. The freezer awaits, empty and cold.

I'm trying to get ready for another run to the sale after work on Monday. I'm taking off at 2 pm this time, and I'll have the trailer brakes done, or disconnected tomorrow too.

The rain keeps coming. It looks like we're pretty likely to have an el Nino this winter, which means wetter weather here. If the creek starts to look good, I'm going to put the stead on the market. If I can sell it for a good price, I can buy a smaller place closer to the lake cottage, which makes good sense. Maybe wait a bit for the next crash and then shop for it.

Not sure how much equity I really have, or whether it'll sell anyway. But I intend to launch a trial ballon and see. If....if the water comes back. Big if.

Post an ad on the Pasadena, Ca. Craigslist RE section.

The place is inundated with Chinese money.

A local friend just sold his family stead in Pasadena to Chinese for $750k in a week. 3br. rancher nothing special.
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.
You donít know what it is but its there, like a splinter in your mind

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: September 22, 2018, 11:10:41 AM »
I bought it off of CL. Could work.

;D

Offline azozeo

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: September 22, 2018, 11:13:55 AM »
I bought it off of CL. Could work.

;D

Use pics with white puffy clouds....

You're talkin' to an old desert salesman here.
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why youíre here. Youíre here because you know something. What you know you canít explain, but you feel it. Youíve felt it your entire life, that thereís something wrong with the world.

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: September 22, 2018, 11:45:32 AM »
Better, Wetter Days
Better, Wetter Days

Offline azozeo

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: September 22, 2018, 12:05:47 PM »
Better, Wetter Days
Better, Wetter Days

Do you or do you know someone that can
photo shop some wild flowers in & maybe a spring bud on the trees ?

Otherwise, ship it....

Offline azozeo

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: September 22, 2018, 03:14:24 PM »
Better, Wetter Days
Better, Wetter Days

If you really want to do this, you're selling "mind-candy".

And you gotta' be willy wonka  :icon_mrgreen:

Please don't take this me telling you how to sell your property,
The market still has buyers if the property is marketable. Good luck.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 03:29:38 PM by azozeo »

Offline azozeo

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: September 23, 2018, 01:10:39 PM »
This just ran across my radar.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/20/home-sellers-are-slashing-prices-especially-in-california.html

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: September 23, 2018, 07:22:35 PM »
I killed and skinned and field dressed four pigs this afternoon. Probably 250 pounds of meat.

The .22 was a little on the light side and I ended up shooting most of them twice, but it worked well enough. Not much suffering. The noise wasn't loud enough to spook them. I shot the ones that were escapees.

The freezer is about three-quarters full now. It took me a while to get back in the swing of it. I did one, and then I did the other three at the same time. Hung 'em up on the tractor front-end grapple, which worked well.

I learned some things that I'll try to use to make it easier next time, but overall it went well, and my skinning knife worked well. I've had it a long time and hadn't used it. It's one of those small Gerber's with a short hooked blade and a hole in the blade for your index finger. Good design. I was gonna post a pic, but I can't find it. Sort of like this one, but mine is a short fixed blade, and the hole in the blade is made to put your finger in for a brace.

My back is killing me though. I just showered and popped 800 mg of ibuprofen.