AuthorTopic: Radioactive Water Overtops Fukushima Levees  (Read 3026 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Radioactive Water Overtops Fukushima Levees
« on: August 10, 2013, 07:40:00 PM »
Radioactive Water Spills Over Fukushima Barrier, Flooding Surroundings

Submitted by Tyler Durden on 08/10/2013 14:37 -0400

It was only last week that yet another conspiracy theory became fact when we learned, for the first time after nearly three years of lies, that Tepco had been deceitful and wrong with its "all clear" message about Fukushima, and that instead some 300 tons of contaminated, irradiated water had been flowing into the Pacific ocean every day. So now that the opportunity cost of telling more lies is zero, and the radioactive cat is out of the bag, so to say, the news about the absolute, unmitigated disaster that Fukushima is, and will be for decades, are coming fast and furious. Sure enough, moments ago Tepco reported, and Kyodo confirmed, that radioactive water has risen above the protective barrier and is freely leaking into the surrounding environment.

RT has more:

Contaminated groundwater accumulating under the crippled Fukushima nuclear power plant has risen 60cm above the protective barrier, and is now freely leaking into the Pacific Ocean, the plantís operator TEPCO has admitted. The Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO), which is responsible for decommissioning the damaged Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant, on Saturday said the protective barriers that were installed to prevent the flow of toxic water into the ocean are no longer coping with the groundwater levels, Itar-Tass reports.

The contaminated groundwater, which mixes with radioactive leaks seeping out of the plant, has already risen to 60cm above the barriers Ė the fact which TEPCO calls a major cause of the massive daily leak of toxic substances.

Earlier on Friday, the company announced it started pumping out contaminated groundwater from under Fukushima, and managed to pump out 13 tons of water in six hours on Friday. TEPCO also said it plans to boost the pumped-out amount to some 100 tons a day with the help of a special system, which will be completed by mid-August. This will be enough to seal off most of the ongoing ocean contamination, according to TEPCOís estimates.

However, Japanís Ministry of Industry has recently estimated that some 300 tons of contaminated groundwater have been flowing into the ocean daily ever since the March 2011 earthquake and tsunami that triggered the disaster.

TEPCO also promised it will urgently reinforce the protective shields to keep radioactive leaks at bay. The company has repeatedly complained it is running out of space and has had to resort to pumping water into hastily-built tanks of questionable reliability, as more than 20,000 tons of water with high levels of radioactive substances has accumulated in the plantís drainage system.

The other "plan" contemplated by Tepco, as we wrote last week, is to literally freeze Fukushima in a giant ice wall. To wit: "To prevent futher leakage, an underground wall will be built to freeze to the reactor building, the Japanese news agency Kyodo reported. To achieve this, pipes with chemical refrigerants to chill reactors 1 to 4 are being laid in the ground. The thus created barrier was expected to have a length of 1.4 kilometers." Another brilliant strategy which will likely require its own nuclear power plant to generate the energy needed to keep the ice, well, cold. And one can only imagine at the wonders of mutagenesis that will result when one mixes alpha, beta and gamma rays with nearly a mile of spilled highly reactive coolant. All questions which will be promptly answered after the next, and final, destructive Japanese earthquake.

In retrospect, one can see why Japan no longer cares what happens, and why Abenomics, doomed to failure anyway, is being attempted. After all, what's the downside?

Finally, for those Americans who think all of this is irrelevant...

[...] A mathematical model developed by Changsheng Chen of the University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth and Robert Beardsley of the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute found that radioactive particles disperse through the ocean differently at different depths. The scientists estimated that in some cases, contaminated seawater could reach the western coast of the United States in as little as five years. [Ken Buesseler, a senior scientist with the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution who has analyzed thousands of samples of fish from the area]thinks the process occurs a bit more rapidly, and estimates it might take three years for contamination to reach the U.S. coastline. [...]

Luckily by then the richest 0.0000001% will be ready to LBO the entire world courtesy of QE666, and their propaganda media will be mainlining Xanax straight into the veins of over 300 million sheep (or 400 million depending on what happens with "immigration reform").
Save As Many As You Can

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Radioactive Water Overtops Fukushima Levees
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 08:01:32 PM »
WTF! Where is the MSM on this? Saving Hillary's sorry ass bitch run for Prez, because she confirmed for Abe and his nazi comrades that we would not test Japanese sea food for nuclear contamination? Where is FOX Newz, who supposedly Hate Hillary? Well, they don't give a fuck about anything but MONEY! Fukushima? FUCK THE PLANET. JEZUS IS COMING BACK>ENERGY INDEPENDENCE BITCHEZ!

RT is reporting on it. RT: Russia Today, English copy. WHERE THE FUCK IS THE UNITED STATES MAIN STREAM MEDIA ON FUKUSHIMA!!!!!!!!!!WHERE IS THE UNITED STATES FEDERAL GOVERNMENT ON FUKUSHIMA!!!!!!

:exp-huh: :exp-huh: :exp-huh:

(Agelbert will tell you - IT IS A DELIBERATE CONSPIRACY OF SILENCE!!!)

WHD

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 08:31:15 PM »
WTF! Where is the MSM on this?

They are bizzy covering more important storiez.

Ashley Tisdale engaged to musician boyfriend Christopher French

How romantic! The 28-year-old star was reportedly proposed to on the 103rd floor of the Empire State Building in New York City Thursday night.

By Rachel Maresca / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Published: Friday, August 9, 2013, 3:03 PM
Updated: Saturday, August 10, 2013, 8:34 AM

Notice this article was important enough they needed to update it the following day.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2013, 08:38:05 PM »
Agelbert will tell you - IT IS A DELIBERATE CONSPIRACY OF SILENCE!!!)

WHD

Yep.  :( I was talking about this with my wife. We are going to try to NOT buy any tuna or salmon from the pacific but it looks like we may have to just avoid fish. I also worry about cat food.  :emthdown: This stuff is absorbed by the filter feeders like bivalves. They are in turn eaten and things just get more concentrated on the way up the food chain. The seaweed is totally fucked. Cesium is "good" for 300 years like strontium and the former goes to the muscle and the later goes to the bones. UGH!
Leges         Sine    Moribus      Vanae   
Faith,
if it has not works, is dead, being alone.

Offline DoomerSupport

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
  • Fiat collapsus rualt caelum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2013, 10:39:50 PM »

WHD

Yep.  :( I was talking about this with my wife. We are going to try to NOT buy any tuna or salmon from the pacific but it looks like we may have to just avoid fish. I also worry about cat food.  :emthdown: This stuff is absorbed by the filter feeders like bivalves. They are in turn eaten and things just get more concentrated on the way up the food chain. The seaweed is totally fucked. Cesium is "good" for 300 years like strontium and the former goes to the muscle and the later goes to the bones. UGH!

I remember the same discussions after Chernobyl, with the fallout over the Welsh hills and the concerns about lamb.   

Unless we get a really wet winter, radioactivity is the least of our concerns. 

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2013, 11:14:50 PM »

WHD

I remember the same discussions after Chernobyl, with the fallout over the Welsh hills and the concerns about lamb.   

Haniel, Further explanation of your reply would be most appreciated. At your leisure of course. Thanks, GO

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 02:49:11 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/MOhb4gVM6rY#&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/MOhb4gVM6rY#&fs=1</a>
This CONTINUES UNABATED            

Faith,

Offline Snowleopard

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 03:32:07 PM »

WHD

WHD:
I'll agree that it is a conspiracy of silence.  Another way to solve the "population problem"!

AG:
A few months after FukU, i ordered several cases of canned Alaskan red salmon, tuna based all fish cat food from Thailand, and (for the dogs) canned mackeral from Peru & Chile; all produced in 2010 or earlier.  No clue what i'll replace them with when consumed.  2011 & 2012 production might be safe, but no way to tell short of building my own detection $ystem.  I'm thinking about raising meat goats on pasture to feed the dogs.
"A man sees what he wants to see and disregards the rest." -  Simon and Garfunkel

Offline DoomerSupport

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
  • Fiat collapsus rualt caelum
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2013, 04:29:07 PM »

WHD

Haniel, Further explanation of your reply would be most appreciated. At your leisure of course. Thanks, GO

We had fallout over wales after the accident in Russia; with a lot of talk about contamination in the food supply, particularly strontium 90 replacing calcium in milk and accumulating in the body.  I haven's seen any statistics to show it really did have a long term effect.

California needs a really wet Winter.  We met with our congressman a few weeks ago, he gave us some of the statistics on the water situation in the Central Valley.   Unless we get a wet winter, the water allocation to a lot of farms next year will be zero percent.   

Zero.  They might be able to continue farming for a while, if they pump enough groundwater, but those pumps are expensive to run. That will impact employment, food prices, and more freaking dust in the air.   

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2013, 04:47:38 PM »
AG:
A few months after FukU, i ordered several cases of canned Alaskan red salmon, tuna based all fish cat food from Thailand, and (for the dogs) canned mackeral from Peru & Chile; all produced in 2010 or earlier.  No clue what i'll replace them with when consumed.  2011 & 2012 production might be safe, but no way to tell short of building my own detection $ystem.  I'm thinking about raising meat goats on pasture to feed the dogs.
Snowleapard,
I wish I had your resources.  :emthup: I have been buying EVO as it seems to be pretty good and my cat is very finicky. A couple of years ago I learned from Nuclear Engineer and good guy Arnie Gundersen (Fairwinds, Vermont) that you can't just put a Geiger counter to the food to check it out.  :emthdown: you can have a pretty high becquerel count without meter activity.
So we just have to track the supplier somehow. :(

I also read that IF you can keep yourself and/or your anima(s) supplied with the Cesium and Calcium they need in some form PRIOR to eating contaminated food, the cesium-137 and strontium-90 pass through the body without uptake. That's what a lot of Japanese were advised to do (taking pills in addition to the iodine supplements for I-131 exposure protection)by Arnie and a British Scientist that went there.

The Japanese government was doing as little as possible. Like you said, it may be a population reduction measure.

However, it's pretty hard to control something like this and the fascists love control so the poison just reaches us and not them. This looks more like nuclear chickens coming home to roost. :P :( :emthdown:
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 04:57:51 PM by agelbert »
Faith,

Offline JoeP

• Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Meanwhile In Fukushima: Multiple Leaks, Radiation Soars To 1.8 Sieverts/hr
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2013, 11:43:35 AM »
Meanwhile In Fukushima: Multiple Leaks, Radiation Soars To 1.8 Sieverts/hr

just my straight shooting honest opinion

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Radiation Levels At Fukushima Soar By Over 20% In Three Days, Hit 2,200 mSv And Rising

Moments ago a powerful 6.5 quake struck the Izu Islands [6], 400 miles south of Tokyo, strong enough to be felt among the taller buildings of the Japanese capital. Luckily, there was no tsunami or any destructive aftermath, at least none publicly announced. None was needed, because the great earthquake of March 2011 and subsequent tsunami and nuclear catastrophe at Fukushima continue to do enough damage. Sadly, it is the gift that keeps on giving... gamma rays. Not to mention constant news of the deterioration from the disaster zone, now that the world's attention has once again refocused on the fallout zone which for over two years both the Japanese government and TEPCO lied was under control. It wasn't. And now that the lies are catching up with reality, the "shocking" facts are hitting fast and furious.

To wit: it was only this past Saturday when we reported that the radiation levels at Fukushima had hit a post-explosion record of 1,800 millisieverts/hour. Today, three short days later we get an update, and a stunning deterioration of over 20%. Reuters reports [7], citing the Nuclear Regulation Authority, that readings just above the ground near a set of tanks at the Fukushima Daiichi plant showed the radiation had risen as high as 2,200 millisieverts (mSv). Both levels would be enough to kill an unprotected person within hours.

What the real reading is at this point, how many leaks exist, how much irradiated water is seeping into the groundwater and the ocean: nobody knows. One thing that is certain: everyone in Japan is (and has been) lying because the reality is rapidly approaching a panic level, as the realization that not only did Japan and Tepco lose all control, but they never had it in the first place.

Radiation readings around tanks holding contaminated water at the crippled Fukushima nuclear plant have spiked more than 20 percent to their highest level, Japan's nuclear regulator said, again raising questions about the clean-up of the worst atomic disaster in 27 years.

No need to panic though. As reported yesterday [8], Japan "vowed quick action" to fix these "suddenly emerging" problems. It also will allocate a whopping $400 million to freeze "the soil around the reactors to prevent groundwater from mixing with contaminated water inside the reactor." But where Japan will get the power to convert the soil into one giant radioactive popsicle - maybe it should just restart Fukushima?

Actually, panic.

However, what is most surprising, is that neither Japan nor TEPCO has figured out how to make the situation so much more palatable. Instead of reporting the radiation level in millisieverts/hour, it should just just convert everything in megasieverts or, better yet, gigasieverts. Because even in a country of hypnotized, irradiated Nikkei225 daytrading sheep 2,200 mSv/h looks far more disturbing that 0.0000022 GSv/h.

Incidentally, the US mainspin media may also take a hint: once the shooting starts in Syria, presenting casualties in the "gigapeople" order of magnitude will make the coming bloodshed seem hardly notable. In fact it won't even be a "statistics" - it will be a decimal comma.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-09-03/radiation-levels-fukushima-soar-20-three-days-rise-2200-msv :icon_study: