AuthorTopic: Never Stop Running, Napalm Girl  (Read 49063 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: Never Stop Running, Napalm Girl
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2013, 01:04:48 PM »

RE, I think I'm going to need lessons in throwing Napalm... I seem to keep going over people's heads....

Lesson 1:  Subtlety should be avoided.  Hit the target with a sledgehammer.   :icon_mrgreen:  In Socrates' case, you could inquire whether medical insurance covered his lobotomy.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Surly1

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2013, 04:59:18 PM »
Terrorism strikes me as not much more than an excuse to kill people by people who want to kill people. Or can convince other people to kill people in their stead. The why never seems to matter much, any excuse will usually do.
You mean, like what the bastards did in Nanking?

Absolutely. Good thing we nuked them in retribution, they seemed to have cleaned up their act since then.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/false-cause
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-emotion

And this guy poses as an academic.
"...reprehensible lying communist..."

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2013, 04:53:41 PM »

A few decades ago I was homeless, and began my career in industry swinging a pipe wrench for about $7+/hour. Good wages back then. Academic....please....

Clearly you whacked yourself in the head a few dozen too many times with that pipe wrench and breathed hydrocarbon fumes for too long.  The Brain Damage is evident.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2013, 08:30:48 AM »

"What they did in Nanking" was "an excuse to kill people by people who want to kill people", you know, as in, a justification for dropping the atomic bomb.  Unfortunately the perpetrators have just been emboldened and gotten worse and worse over the past 70 years.

The Chinese haven't been all that bad, the Japanese were certainly "cured" in terms of the rape and destruction of entire cities as a frat boy exercise, and the world has done pretty well under the benevolent American hegemony.

Practically party time compared to what was going on before!

:multiplespotting:

As I recall, Rome was staging gladiatorial games and circuses (big animals eating slave people), something like 260 of the 365 days of the year, not long before the fall of benevolent Roman hegemony.

WHD

rae

« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2014, 09:57:20 PM »
I'm late to the party as usual. I wanted to know how Kim was doing and found this thread.

Ray.. you are a beautiful beautiful man. If it weren't for your draft card and unfortunate enlistment we wouldn't have this beautifully written words ty