AuthorTopic: Conspiracy  (Read 5013 times)

nobody

Conspiracy
« on: October 22, 2013, 05:32:08 AM »
Ray Jason: "Rather than accepting and relishing our place in the natural order, we deceived ourselves into believing that we could rule over Nature and use it as we desired. Our hubris in this regard became so extreme that we embraced the fool’s quest for infinite growth on a finite planet."

Not we.  Not us.  We didn't do this.  I'm convinced of it.  (Not to disparage Ray's post; it's just fine and helped me formulate better something I've been trying to say).
Every person writing or reading here would have chosen a life more harmonious with nature than any choice allowed now.  My little family actually moved to Fiji in 09!  Tried to anyway, even knowing that sort of thing usually doesn't work out without an independent source of income -which I believe most people don't have.  Everything is owned.
Every person writing or reading here knows that alzheimer sufferers need a shamin, not expensive bedcare, that drugs are drugs; not cures, that the perceived convenience of the supermarket only eliminates the joy of interacting with the earth, that everyday our choices become more limited, that our demise has been crafted, that this is no accident.  The word "conspiracy" -I don't know how it's used here; I've heard it a few times.  That tptb conspire to control most of life on the planet is not in question; whether anything controls tptb seems to be a point of argument.  I don't care.  I don't care if it's the reptilians, the vedon, the wetigo, or the devil.  Many of us are pretty wound up with the worsening job of survival; me too.
One reason I write here again is to put forth my idea that we are not victims.  I may appear to be persecuting people for complaining or bemoaning our fate ... but I haven't forgotten that I have complained, moaned and raged here too; I'm not judging that highly understandable behavior.  But because I came from that same attitude or reaction to our plight, I know what it costs. 

It costs something to line up with frustration, rage, revenge, or victimhood.  Instead, I have found strength only in suggesting to myself (supported by others I've researched), that we are not victims.  That we volunteered for this or as some even suggest, we arranged it in order to develop some really gnarly new abilities (I know that's quite a leap).  But I have found, in accepting the possibility that we came here to kick some serious butt..deliberately..and tho it's not easy to say the least, and tho it seems hopeless, we can totally do this...I find this attitude really helps me to actually enjoy life a little bit again.  This attitude empowers me instead of pounding me up from the inside as well as the outside.  My family is struggling right now and we have before, and it helps me to believe I'll come up with something because I am equal to this challenge; I will rise to it because I intended to come here and do something about this; I actually chose to be a part of this sorry mess.. because I know I can help.  I keep insisting this isn't hopium because I'm not "hoping" for something.  I'm asking it of myself with confidence that I'll come through.
There are lots of folks writing here who embody this can-do attitude without all this dramatic dressing about being warriors.  I'm suggesting this for the folks like me who have been fringe members of society to begin with and are experiencing stress or greater stress sooner than some who attained a status affording more choices all along.  Maybe for some folks who don't write.  I absolutely get the predicament; that it's already too hard and then it gets harder.  This is the only thing that really helps me.  It really helps and it doesn't matter to me if it is only a psychological trick I'm playing on myself.  The more I practice this, the less pain I feel.  Maybe because choosing to reorder my thoughts, emotions, or reactions is a choice that I am making.  It's not being done for me nor to me.

Offline Snowleopard

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
Re: Conspiracy
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 06:40:43 AM »
I have found strength only in suggesting to myself (supported by others I've researched), that we are not victims.  That we volunteered for this or as some even suggest, we arranged it in order to develop some really gnarly new abilities (I know that's quite a leap).  But I have found, in accepting the possibility that we came here to kick some serious butt..deliberately..and tho it's not easy to say the least, and tho it seems hopeless, we can totally do this...I find this attitude really helps me to actually enjoy life a little bit again.

Hi nobody. 

I gotta say that this resonates with me.  Not that i believe it in any logical way, but i've always (since i was seven or eight) wondered why i was marooned on this garden-cum-gulag, and this is a possible answer. 

"You ARE the ones you are waiting for!" ?

IF it's true, i can see the lack of leaders, or a laid out plan;  but i wonder why more don't have a sense of what to do?
"A man sees what he wants to see and disregards the rest." -  Simon and Garfunkel

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 08:24:12 AM »
I have found strength only in suggesting to myself (supported by others I've researched), that we are not victims.  That we volunteered for this or as some even suggest, we arranged it in order to develop some really gnarly new abilities (I know that's quite a leap).  But I have found, in accepting the possibility that we came here to kick some serious butt..deliberately..

I feel like that I've waited a good part of my life to figure out what my true purpose would be in this incarnation...and it does now appear to me that it might have to do with learning how to live through extremely trying and challenging times, maybe ETD or maybe not, but certainly we are going through a bottleneck sometime soon.

In my reading recently I ran across an article by a scholar of the ancients who says that there is this  common myth of antiquity. In the story, "the people" are hemmed in from all sides and there is no way out...just enemies behind and a solid mountain of rock ahead...the way out is completely impossible.

But then, just as annihilation seems certain, a sacred animal appears, and opens a tunnel for them to escape through the solid rock and emerge safe on the other side.

Various forms of the myth exist, but the common thread is that, in every version,escape is completely impossible and that no way forward can be possible, at all. No way out.

The author says that all new civilizations begin in exactly this way. I've been pondering that.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

nobody

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 01:56:47 PM »
Thanks, Eddie and Snow for the resonance.   I do love crickets and never mind hearing them in response to my posts, but I was hoping for something here. 

Eddie, "I feel like that I've waited a good part of my life to figure out what my true purpose would be in this incarnation...and it does now appear to me that it might have to do with learning how to live through extremely trying and challenging times, maybe ETD or maybe not, but certainly we are going through a bottleneck sometime soon."

You are an inspiration to me.  I'd do just what you are doing if I could and just love to see you progress (and all the progress here where folks are moving mountains).  You will figure it out too.  It will keep getting clearer and clearer.  I've not heard that legend about the portal (my word) opening.  Sure do like it.

Snow, "i can see the lack of leaders, or a laid out plan;  but i wonder why more don't have a sense of what to do?"

Great question.  My research so far tells of all sorts of cognizance lost naturally -from compressing dimensionally, and several sources who say we have been pretty well silenced, muted, restrained, subdued, dumbed-down, oppressed, repressed and depressed ..to the point of complacency...
because it's necessary.  Otherwise, we are so too strong. 
I take that one to bed with me.

Offline jdwheeler42

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Going Upslope
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 08:06:36 PM »
Great question.  My research so far tells of all sorts of cognizance lost naturally -from compressing dimensionally, and several sources who say we have been pretty well silenced, muted, restrained, subdued, dumbed-down, oppressed, repressed and depressed ..to the point of complacency...
because it's necessary.  Otherwise, we are so too strong. 
If you don't mind me quoting myself, I wrote a bit of a blog entry on that:
In India, elephants have traditionally been used as beasts of burden.  They may raise them from babies, but even so, they need to bring in fresh blood every so often so the gene pool doesn't degrade.  Catching a wild elephant is very difficult.  They couldn't possibly expend that effort continuously.  So they train the elephant by tying it by the leg to the largest tree around with the thickest chain or rope they have.  They then stand back and let the elephant struggle all it wants to.  It may take a long time, but eventually the elephant gives up.  They then tie a small rope around the elephant's leg, and even though it could easily break free, it no longer tries to.  It associates having a rope tied to its leg with being trapped and helpless.
I think you'll find a lot of people have that kind of learned helplessness.
Making pigs fly is easy... that is, of course, after you have built the catapult....

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 12:02:51 AM »
I put forward ages ago a guess that the high count of aspergers diagnosed members here was in part related to those having less to lose letting go of bau bec they didnt fit in a whole lot to start with. (I think SL may have been one along with buzzard and haniel). Anyway nobody and eddie are saying they fit that 'misfit' category too.

Nobody, If you took such a jump to try and live in Fiji you can take ANOTHER leap like that. The sailor model of orlov and ray jason actually would work well there. plenty of uninhabited islands, wild coconuts everywhere. plant bananas 1 yr until fruit, other tropical fruit, spear fishing, whatever, but rising sea levels, and hurricanes a big bummer. Anyway, where theres a will theres a way as they say.
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

nobody

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 06:28:53 AM »
Uncle Bob " Anyway nobody and eddie are saying they fit that 'misfit' category too." 
Eddie?  A  dentist, flourishing in the hotbed of Texas mavens and billionaires.. don't think so.  Eddie isn't talking misfit.. just looking over the fence I think.. he can speak for himself anyway.  Me? ..misfit.  Absolutely ..even here ("cant keep my eyes from the circling skies...just an earthbound misfit, I"  PF).
Fiji.. I'd have stayed there.  We got in with some unsuitable folk, via ic (a man was recommending and coordinating -a man who denied it was a misogynistic if not addicted culture), (he was lying) -I didn't last 2 weeks and had to get us out of there CAREFULLY after watching the head of a family abuse his own daugher.  I was giving her art supplies and the big bad dad was getting madder and madder, etc.  But there were wonderful people there too.  My kids just couldn't take the culture shock tho (Mom I am NOT WEARING A SKIRT).  I don't know if you knew, we did hop next door to NZ and almost made it; over 5 months there and we'd be there still if the gvnmt allowed our agegroup to immigrate, Oz as well.  And without kids, we'd have been seaborn ages ago.  Kids are just a whole new world.  You have one of yours with you, right?  Anything you'd care to share about that is gold to me... because I would, Bob, try this again.  I'm not a bit shy about it.

JD, as always, a most succinct and supporting addition, and a link to your blog --thankyou, I'll treasure it.

Offline Snowleopard

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 06:58:20 AM »
I put forward ages ago a guess that the high count of aspergers diagnosed members here was in part related to those having less to lose letting go of bau bec they didnt fit in a whole lot to start with. (I think SL may have been one along with buzzard and haniel). Anyway nobody and eddie are saying they fit that 'misfit' category too.

Your earlier comment actually prompted me to take a few tests, out of curiosity.  The tests consistently score me below Aspie on that scale. ie. my non-Aspie traits outweigh the Aspie ones, but i have some Aspie tendencies.  I know a few highly functional diagnosed Aspies, and they are quite different and they usually have some speech or coordination problem.  What we do share is preference for truth over pretense, even when that is not socially acceptable.  ie. we don't "go along to get along".

As a kid i could usually tell when i was being lied to, person to person.  I never bought into Santa Claus or any of the childhood myths.  I was the kind of kid who would stand up in second grade and try to point out lies, errors or deceptions in what was being taught.  Knowing, from an early age, that most people are lying, does make for a "fringe dweller" socially, if truth is important for you.  That's just one factor among many others.

"A man sees what he wants to see and disregards the rest." -  Simon and Garfunkel

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2013, 07:14:25 AM »
I'm not an Asperger's, but I'm an emo and a Myers-Briggs INTJ, and an Enneagram type 4. Makes me a bit of a loner. My wife and family, and to a lesser degree, my employees, are my social contacts, and I have few others, IRL.

nobody

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2013, 08:48:55 AM »
Snow "I was the kind of kid who would stand up in second grade and try to point out lies, errors or deceptions in what was being taught."
That level of honesty at so young an age ought to have a psychological classification.. does it, anyone know?

"I never bought into Santa Claus or any of the childhood myths."
Sorry you had to miss out on that one. 
When my son caught on, he confronted me strongly because honesty is a big thing for us (we had quite a set-to when he tried out lying at age 4).  He said it really bothered him -that we would perpetrate and support such a whopper for years.  I apologized sincerely and said I understood his feelings, then added, "so you would rather not have had even one of those magic nights?" ..and just got the slow smile.

Offline Eddie

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2013, 09:05:17 AM »
That level of honesty at so young an age ought to have a psychological classification.. does it, anyone know?

I'm not a mental health expert, but I believe a child with those qualities is called a "precocious little shit".
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 09:39:13 AM by Eddie »

Offline Snowleopard

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2013, 09:34:11 AM »
....I believe a child with those qualities is called a "precocious little shit".

Yup, one of many, but not usually said to my face.  Rascal, mischievious, delinquent, disobedient and disruptive were more common.

I especially liked the double entendre of "Don't you get smart with me, young man!"

Offline Snowleopard

• Waitstaff
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2013, 10:50:24 AM »
Snow "I was the kind of kid who would stand up in second grade and try to point out lies, errors or deceptions in what was being taught."

"I never bought into Santa Claus or any of the childhood myths."
Sorry you had to miss out on that one. 
When my son caught on, he confronted me strongly because honesty is a big thing for us (we had quite a set-to when he tried out lying at age 4).  He said it really bothered him -that we would perpetrate and support such a whopper for years.  I apologized sincerely and said I understood his feelings, then added, "so you would rather not have had even one of those magic nights?" ..and just got the slow smile.

I was ordered to "keep my mouth shut about that" and "not spoil it" for my younger siblings.   They "won" and the show went on.   I was honest with my siblings and they believed me, but they told the parents what they wanted to hear.  I avoided lying to my parents, but minimized our conversations to avoid upsetting them.   They mostly quit asking me questions they didn't want to know the answers to unless they thought they needed to know.  I quit asking for my parents views on most things after that.

Your household is apparently a lot more honest than the one i was raised in.

It still bothers me today that most parents bribe their kids to support or at least ignore the lies they see through, with Santa being only the most obvious example.  Remove just this, and a good deal of the control and war propaganda would collapse in a generation.

nobody

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2013, 12:21:19 PM »
Snow  "I was ordered to "keep my mouth shut about that"...
What stikes me jarringly is that your parents sound confounded by your soothsaying.  If that's how it was, sorry to hear it.  Sounds sort of adversarial.  Maybe they were challenged by your intelligence; I just naturally expected my kids to be smarter than I am.. and boy are they.  Personally, I'd have been crazy about a kid with your gift.

"It still bothers me today that most parents bribe their kids to support or at least ignore the lies they see through, with Santa being only the most obvious example.  Remove just this, and a good deal of the control and war propaganda would collapse in a generation."

I hear you about the early induction to propaganda and I think its quite interesting.  The older son told us he chose not to tell his younger brother after he figured it out.  My son happily perpetrated the same hoax on his brother and not out of spite; young kids find out something is a lie, but a fun lie.  So let's propagate it.  Now we have a culture made of fun lies.  Well, some of us didn't think the grown up lies were so much fun ever, but most people did apparently.  The perpetrators of these lies are cunning enough to model them on Santa Claus too.

Then again, the Santa thing maybe is a different sort of lie.  It's about feeling deeply loved by a spirit (or a godlike human that kept many a kid up at night exploring childish forays into physics.. now just how does Santa do that?)  In my book, feeling deeply loved by a spirit is real.  Santa is the only secular acceptance of this concept that all parties seem to let be, countering all the heartless pragmatism.  I just asked my son if he'd do the Santa Claus thing with his own kids and he said, "Of course, it's the most fun I had as a kid." 
Another one bites the dust.  He also said figuring out that Santa was us (his first good fooling) actually taught him to be more skeptical; so there's that.

Even in this warped and unhappy time, no matter how bad it gets for me, and it gets bad, I still can enjoy a silent winter night, an olde carroll, a memory, a wish, a warmth  ..at Christmastime.  Perhaps a strong rum punch doesn't hurt.

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2013, 03:55:11 PM »
Santa was taken out by an undercover NSA Elf Firing from the Snowy Knoll on 9-11.  The North Pole Toy Factory collapsed on its own Footprint with traces of Thermite left behind in the Snow.  Halliburton was contracted to do the cleanup, and Walmart has been contracted to replace Santa delivering Toys every Christmas to Boys & Girls around the world who not been Naughty.

RE
Save As Many As You Can