AuthorTopic: A Box of Crazy  (Read 3446 times)

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
A Box of Crazy
« on: November 05, 2013, 10:09:01 AM »
Now for something completely different.

In any given day, I have several browsers and numerous windows open, as I sort through the crap that passes for information in my world. So with that caveat, I have NO idea how this little item made it to my screen.

But here it is:

A Box of Crazy

http://imgur.com/a/uCSg1

Description:
"The Box of Crazy- So a friend of mine found this box by the trash, it is full of wonderful, crazy illustrations. Clearly something happened to this guy that was very memorable. It measures roughly 29" by 38" and almost all the drawings are very large."

Roughly 29" by 38" on the exterior. It smells of basements and dampness.

Roughly 29" by 38" on the exterior. It smells of basements and dampness.

Follow the link to see the rest, but here are a couple of notables. What is "the box of crazy" about?

"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: A Box of Crazy
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 11:04:19 AM »
How amazing Surly.

Found the illustrations to be interesting; an awful lot of work in that case it would appear.

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 01:50:15 PM »
L examined most of the images, and read some of the writings. Aside from observing that perhaps a technical illustrator had had a psychotic break, I can't even conjure a theory.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 02:00:32 PM »
Early sci-fi/ fantasy art, I'd say. Think along the lines of someone young, an artistic type, who was reading a lot of Robert E. Howard or Edgar Rice Burroughs at the time.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

nobody

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 07:06:22 PM »
If anyone really wants to look into this stuff, I could suggest some links.

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 04:24:50 AM »
If anyone really wants to look into this stuff, I could suggest some links.

I posed it because I found it quite a bafflement. If you can shed any light, shed on!

nobody

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 06:52:19 AM »
Bafflement.  Total agreement.
Crazy.. crazy I have to defer.  What's happening to us is crazy.  Even crazier is what's happening to others who are being attacked physically or whatever.. all over the place.  So there is nothing "crazy" to me anymore.  We're there.

Those images are disturbing to me because I look beyond the puppets to the puppeteers and it's disturbing alright.
I don't know and I may or may not research this further but those images may fit in with some of the symbolism and signals being bandied about by some pretty high profile personages.  Remember all the pictures of Dubya holding his hands in the devil's horns pattern?  That kind of thing.  They are always telegraphing stuff like that to reaffirm their allegiance because they're a part of something or maybe just scared.  These types of images seem along those lines to me.  I can refer to a site many here may know about which deals in tracing black magicians through the cabal.  I don't think anyone is really interested, but my guess is black magic and possible egyptian references in your box of bafflement.  Like I said, I find it disturbing.  You don't?