AuthorTopic: Hmmmm... A Lefty Changes His Opinion? - Karl Denninger  (Read 6018 times)

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Hmmmm... A Lefty Changes His Opinion? - Karl Denninger
« on: November 07, 2013, 07:01:47 AM »
Hmmmm... A Lefty Changes His Opinion?

Now this is interesting....

“I think the NRA, they’ve got it half right when they say ‘guns don’t kill people, people kill people,’” he told the TMZ cameraman. “I change it to ‘guns don’t kill people, Americans kill people.’ Because we’re really the only ones that do it on this level, on this scale. Why?”

Oh that's not all that hard to figure out.

First you destroy the family.  You create monstrous incentives for "Baby Mama" crap and go from about 7% of children born out of wedlock (when the "war on poverty" began) to 40% today. 

This, in turn, means that for virtually all of those children there is no parent at home who has a decent worth ethic to raise them.  Either their "Baby Mama" sits around on welfare all day or the kid is effectively raised in what amounts to an animal pen for the first several years of his or her life (it's called "daycare".)  Are you surprised that they turn out like animals when the first and highest job in such a place is keeping the 20 kids in there from braining each other with toy dinosaurs?

Next, poverty.  Two can live cheaper than one.  You're five times more likely to live in actual poverty if you have a kid out of wedlock. 

And that in turn means you're more-likely to live in an environment where crime is a way of life because poverty and crime tend to go together.

Oh, and don't start that crap about this all being teen births either.  It's not -- at least not now, with abortion being legal.  Most of these births are consensual, not forced, and occur to women in their 20s.

Yeah.

Oh, and finally the destruction that has occurred among black people, in particular, is outrageous beyond words.  Nearly 3/4 of black births happen out of wedlock and over half of all hispanic births.  Why is this outrageous?  Because when the "war on poverty" began these rates were a quarter -- or less -- of what they are now.

In other words it is the direct and proximate consequence of government programs that were all claimed to "help" these population subsets that have in fact destroyed them.

Now square this with the fact that six times as many black people commit homicide and are victims of it as are whites.  But blacks are ~17% of the population so you're more than 10 times as likely to either commit murder or be murdered if you're black on a population-adjusted basis.

Again, why is this?

Because of left-leaning government programs that were claimed to so-called "save" minorities.

They have instead, factually, destroyed Black Americans.

Get up and look in the ****ing mirror, Michael, and you will find one of the biggest cheerleaders for the destruction of Black Americans.

Ps: If we won't cut that crap out (and we damn well should) the least we can do is actually recognize and fully support the 2nd Amendment for everyone, without turning it into a permission slip so that those in the minority community who are targeted by government programs for death at least have the option and ability to defend themselves.  You can't argue that you believe in equal rights for all if you do not also fully support every individual's right to self-defense, irrespective of who or where they might be.

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=225789  :icon_study:

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Hmmmm... A Lefty Changes His Opinion? - Karl Denninger
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 07:04:42 AM »
He's been reading Jim Quinn, obviously.
What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 07:09:12 AM »
He's been reading Jim Quinn, obviously.

Knowing Karl, through years of reading him, I would say it is the other way around Doc. Karl, imho is the much more intelligent of the two.

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 07:20:59 AM »
Jim is not lacking in intelligence. Empathy, yes. He is a product of his working class roots, as I am.

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 07:32:54 AM »
Jim is not lacking in intelligence. Empathy, yes. He is a product of his working class roots, as I am.

Never meant to imply he was Doc, I have read Quinn for quite a while, he is a fellow Gold Bug, as you know, and a very intelligent fellow. Have long been an admirer.

Next to Karl however, he is a low watt bulb in my opinion. Just a personal feeling from being acquainted with both for quite a while.

My favorite of all the bloggers currently is James Howard Kunstler, find him to be an extraordinary and compelling writer. His perspective hits home to me.

We all have our favorites and those we think little of I guess.

Offline Eddie

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 08:31:00 AM »
Kunstler is one of my favorite writers. I've heard people badmouth his fiction, but I enjoy it, and his last non-fiction book, which I read, is very good too. A wordsmith par excellence.

My own political toilet training is pretty close to his. I didn't start out as a libertarian.

My son says Kunstler and I even look alike, regardless of our slightly difference ethnic heritage.

I generally like Denninger, but I've only been reading him since coming here. That last piece, though,I tell ya he was channeling Jim Q.

Online RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 12:12:49 PM »
Lefty?  KKKarl? He's a Capitalista Pigman Conservatard Libertarian Jackass.  I should know, I've gone throu pages of arguing with KKKarl before he booted me.  He's as Righty Whity as they come.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 01:04:47 PM »

Never meant to imply he was Doc, I have read Quinn for quite a while, he is a fellow Gold Bug, as you know, and a very intelligent fellow. Have long been an admirer.

Next to Karl however, he is a low watt bulb in my opinion. Just a personal feeling from being acquainted with both for quite a while.

My favorite of all the bloggers currently is James Howard Kunstler, find him to be an extraordinary and compelling writer. His perspective hits home to me.

We all have our favorites and those we think little of I guess.

Absolutely, GO.

As you know from many long since estinguished threads, I think JQ is a fine writer who is bipolar. By which I mean a decent enough writer, with a good grasp for data and extracting a story from same, but a piss-poor admin of his own site, given to fits of tower-sniper-hood. Also, while I enjoy some of his articles, they become a little formulaic: a quote from a Roman historian (preferably Juvenal), a little Fourth Turning as the house spice, some charts and graphs gently seasoned to make a point, and a 30 blocks of squalor to finish. I did appreciate that, like Yves Smith, he came to appreciate the potential of Occupy. Give him that.

JHK still has a good fastball. I generally enjoy his spin.

But for day-in, day-out chewy goodness, I belly up to the bar for a double Charlie Pierce, who often, after wonderment at what the gobshites have wrought today, often avers, "Bartender? A double Prestone-- and see what the pundits in the back room will have."

Nov 7, 2013
Too Soon, Ted Cruz, Too Soon
By Charles P. Pierce at 12:15PM
Tailgunner Ted Cruz suggests that the president of the entire country shouldn't have come to Dallas.

Cruz added, "President Obama should take his broken promises tour elsewhere so Texans can continue focusing on the solutions that have allowed our state to become and remain the nation's economic and job creation powerhouse."

Fifty years ago, people there had similar notions.

Maybe, given the upcoming anniversary and all, it might have been smart not to be telling the president not to come to Dallas. Maybe it would be nice if Ted Cruz had an ounce of humanity.

And unicorns, too, I guess.

Your mileage will vary. But it works for me.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2013, 01:46:08 PM »
Lefty?  KKKarl? He's a Capitalista Pigman Conservatard Libertarian Jackass.  I should know, I've gone throu pages of arguing with KKKarl before he booted me.  He's as Righty Whity as they come.

RE

You misread it RE, He was talking about someone else, not himself. He is a Libertarian as you say, but hardly a jack ass.

Two ego maniacs such as you and Karl could never exist on the same website, as you have pointed out before.

It takes a tolerant, patient, understanding type of genius , such as GO, to deal with your egocentric antics and bellicose mannerisms God #2.                     :exp-laugh: :exp-laugh: :exp-laugh: ::) ::)

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2013, 01:56:09 PM »
Absolutely, GO.

As you know from many long since estinguished threads, I think JQ is a fine writer who is bipolar.

I hear you Surly, He definitely has a screw loose somewhere. His financial writing can be really good at times, but when he starts that nonsense of taking hundreds of pictures of obese people at WalMart, Like you say, he appears a bit soft.

Those poor depraved people he ridicules constantly, rather than feeling bad for, lessens his stature a lot in my opinion. It also has the effect of drawing in like minded people to his site who enjoy  that sort of sport. Just doesn't rhyme with intelligence in my book. 
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 01:58:50 PM by Golden Oxen »

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2013, 03:27:45 PM »
He is a Libertarian as you say, but hardly a jack ass.

He thinks Capitalism is a GOOD system.  He thinks if you got Goobermint out of the way, Capitalism would fix the mess it made over the course of the Industrial Revolution.  This is Jackass thinking.

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2013, 04:12:05 PM »
He is a Libertarian as you say, but hardly a jack ass.

He thinks Capitalism is a GOOD system.  He thinks if you got Goobermint out of the way, Capitalism would fix the mess it made over the course of the Industrial Revolution.  This is Jackass thinking.

RE

I must say it surprises me he is not more of a Doomer. It appears he has a lot of faith in technology as well.

While we differ from him in some views, it hardly makes him a dunce. There is also a possibility that he is correct and we are wrong, excuse me, I should have said that I am wrong. Your being wrong is an impossibility.  :exp-grin:

Whatever the case RE, it brings me back to JHK and why he is my favorite of the blogger bunch. He articulates, extremely well, pretty close to what I see in our immediate future. 

Events seem to being moving faster and getting more complex however, and it would be foolish to wed yourself to one opinion or a certain outlook.  This fracking business as just one example, has distorted and changed the entire oil situation, over the short term anyway. Another recent example is the Japan situation becoming a real serious wildcard that did not figure so prominently in the doom equation until a few years ago with Fukishima.

Fortune telling has become a rough business to be in of late.  :dontknow:

Online RE

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2013, 04:35:49 PM »

While we differ from him in some views, it hardly makes him a dunce. There is also a possibility that he is correct and we are wrong, excuse me, I should have said that I am wrong. Your being wrong is an impossibility.  :exp-grin:

While there is an infinitessimally small possibility of my being WRONG, there is ZERO possibility KKKarl is RIGHT.  Capitalists are the ones who destroyed the planet, raping it for personal profit.  Putting them in charge of fixing it up is like putting a Fox in charge of the Hen House.

Whatever the case RE, it brings me back to JHK and why he is my favorite of the blogger bunch. He articulates, extremely well, pretty close to what I see in our immediate future.

I stopped reading Kunstler.  We are feuding.  Surly publishes him, I refuse to.  :icon_sunny:

RE
SAVE AS MANY AS YOU CAN

Offline Surly1

• Administrator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2013, 05:07:36 PM »

Events seem to being moving faster and getting more complex however, and it would be foolish to wed yourself to one opinion or a certain outlook.  This fracking business as just one example, has distorted and changed the entire oil situation, over the short term anyway. Another recent example is the Japan situation becoming a real serious wildcard that did not figure so prominently in the doom equation until a few years ago with Fukishima.

Fortune telling has become a rough business to be in of late.  :dontknow:

Our friend won't engage you on JHK, but I will. But not much to say-- I agree with your assessment.
Make it a point to visit Kunstler.com and prowl around-- he put in a hell of a garden, and there are pictures. It reminds me of somethiing one of us-- roamer? said earlier, about isolated doomsteads set up by well off boomers.

Fortune telling seems to have given way to Russian roulette.
"It is difficult to write a paradiso when all the superficial indications are that you ought to write an apocalypse." -Ezra Pound

Offline Golden Oxen

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2013, 05:12:52 PM »
Capitalists are the ones who destroyed the planet, raping it for personal profit.  Putting them in charge of fixing it up is like putting a Fox in charge of the Hen House.

Their concern about the environment leaves much to be desired, no doubt about that. Most other political and economic systems have been no slouches when it comes to damaging the planet either, so it is something they don't have a monopoly on.

There has been some belated effort in trying to resolve the environmental problems created. Perhaps now that the long period of ignorance about such matters has ended, we can expect the profit motive to give us some more spectacular advances on this front. People can get awfully smart and creative when they focus on a problem. Just hoping anyway, realize it is a gigantic problem.