AuthorTopic: Diner vs SUN: Objectives and Analytics  (Read 7338 times)

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Diner vs SUN: Objectives and Analytics
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2013, 05:01:15 PM »
Nobody,
I understand that women generally like to vent and dont want men to problem solve what they complain about. However, its one thing to say 'yeah THEY are all awful,' but another thing to have to say 'Yes yes I am awful,' when its insisted that we also conform to less awful.

I also understand women generally not always though,are less confident and indecisive and you are speaking that.

Nobody ever ridiculed you or your psychic experiences, or source.  Seriously, Why not argue with the source about the door since its the one sending you here like jonah to the ninevites LOL, and its been spelled out by RE that talking about the door all the time is itself 'napalm', or maybe manipulation to me. Every time you post something it recieves all the coaxing it commands. Its a bit hypcritical to revisit agb calling you a racist for merely mentioning 'stand your ground' or SL for cautioning jumping to conclusions then doing the same thing yourself.

As ashvin said you are rewriting history of what happened even if its how you FEEL about it. Both in responses to your own posts and also what went down between others. Plenty of people put a ton of work into articles or posts with research or take pictures of projects as they go for the benefit of the diners, and nobody comments at all. You have to just trust that it is all appreciated anyway. In fact I lurked for many months before posting and it was only when RE said he was fully fed up with no response to his work that I came out of the closet.

You referenced the recent article on TAE, I read it regularly too, everyone does. The same regular posters can count on 1 hand. You dont comment, neither do I. I would be out of my depth and you would be told to keep it on topic. Not free to say whatever you want as you are here, too long posts are told not to.  Theres no Family there. You ask essentially for a forest fest love in, I think you should lurk a little with some moondogs and see whether its all you envision before insisting on enforcing the same here.

I call BS that you are stifled and BS that spiritual discusion and alternate metaphysics is not allowed. I gab on about mind over matter and that this is a spiritual awakening ALL THE TIME. When thats met with silence I know the others think Ive been trying to smoke my hemp tie down straps. Thats fine.  Fact is plenty people READ everything I say I and I see it reflected later in what diners say. JC said "when 2 or 3 are gathered in my name" effects are squared to the power of pi. Thats what happens here. This morning I was chatting to a local in the street about wanting to hire a factory shed and he directed me to one for sale, that I might be able to lease. I had a look, liked it, then  looked at the name of the  agent on the fence but didnt write it down. I reverse out and as soon as I drive forward and away the radio DJ says they have that exact name I just looked at seconds ago on the radio to try a quiz or win something.

That type of thing happens all the time to me, and animal and insect omens you would not believe. and its so everyday I would not even bother mentioning it except to make this point to you. You are not the only one who recognises spirit here and metaphysics here, Plenty others do too. What you seem to be reflecting is a victimhood to BAU consciousness. Yes you SHOULD contribute your beautiful poetic polemic to the SUN. You should also contribute a pledge of a trailer or RV for your family and find a few bucks to buy in. So should the rest of you who are not actively steading somewhere outside the city.

Anyway nobody, your points are taken,  your points about too much religion I have made myself before. And on Ashvin I have had epic encounters of back and forth battle, and it was worth it because he thinks twice before any dishonest dealing now. He is on an intellect level like an olympic athlete who now knows he doesnt have to cheat to win a gold medal. Take note of his calling for this to be a "bastion of truth".

So we wont stifle you, but dont stifle us either, allow others to agree to disagree and when it really matters to go one way to have a vote.

ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline luciddreams

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Epiphany Now
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2013, 05:17:49 PM »
quality isn't about number now is it :icon_scratch:

Most people are border line retarded and don't like feeling any stupider by listening to a bunch of egg heads go on about how fucked everything is. 

The Diner is in your face reality, and if you disagree then you'd better have a good argument available to back your opinion. 

The SUN page is the public face of the good that we do here.  A place to find hard core thinking and analysis regarding what is real.  Also, we feature a lawyer Evangelical versed in all of the doom issues and firmly planted in reality, but he is juxtaposed nicely by the rest of us resident egg head heathens.   :icon_mrgreen:

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2013, 05:44:03 PM »
You referenced the recent article on TAE, I read it regularly too, everyone does. The same regular posters can count on 1 hand. You dont comment, neither do I. I would be out of my depth and you would be told to keep it on topic. Not free to say whatever you want as you are here, too long posts are told not to.  Theres no Family there.

That's for sure, no family, emotion, friendly chat, relaxation and personal touch.

I post regularly there and follow the site closely for their scholarship and views on deflation being imminent to test my own inflation outlook. Sort of my devil's advocate site. 

Cold and devoid of companionship, very strange feeling there. It was different with El'G and Ashvin prominent there, but not much different,  Ilargi seems to have turned it into an icebox.

They are switching to a new format soon, they think that is the problem, but I doubt it will change the lack of community feeling that exists there, at least to me and also Uncle Bob,  as I am agreeing with his observation and feeling as well.

Great site for Financial ideas however, plenty to think about, wouldn't line it out, top notch material.

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2013, 09:06:21 PM »

I think it is funny to agonize about analytics @ the Doomstead Diner, considering the masthead. Does this look to you like a high traffic arena? 

WHD

Offline jdwheeler42

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Going Upslope
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2013, 09:30:21 PM »
I think it is funny to agonize about analytics @ the Doomstead Diner, considering the masthead. Does this look to you like a high traffic arena? 

Hmmm.... I dunno... are you talking humans... or zombies?   :icon_scratch:
'Cause that does look like the kind of place you could run into a whole mess of zombies....
Making pigs fly is easy... that is, of course, after you have built the catapult....

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2013, 09:33:05 PM »

Hmmm.... I dunno... are you talking humans... or zombies?   :icon_scratch:
'Cause that does look like the kind of place you could run into a whole mess of zombies....
Not a place likely to have an Internet Connection either.  In fact, the Diner was DOWN here for the last 1/2 hour for me.  Anybody else see this outtage?

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline jdwheeler42

• Global Moderator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
    • Going Upslope
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2013, 04:23:23 AM »
Not a place likely to have an Internet Connection either.  In fact, the Diner was DOWN here for the last 1/2 hour for me.  Anybody else see this outtage?
Yeah, lol, I thought it was me, because of the storms whipping through at the time... but I thought it strange that my connection to the Internet still reported as good.
Making pigs fly is easy... that is, of course, after you have built the catapult....

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2013, 04:29:19 AM »
Yeah, lol, I thought it was me, because of the storms whipping through at the time... but I thought it strange that my connection to the Internet still reported as good.

My general measure is when I can access OTHER websites, but not the Diner.  Ovwerall I was well connected.  The Diner however was inaccesible to me.  Pretty short outtage though.  Bound to be longer in  the future.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline DoomerSupport

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
  • Fiat collapsus rualt caelum
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2013, 05:07:17 PM »

Because DD isn't about connection.  It's an excellent news source comic book high stakes fight club.
Reflecting it's time, the last days of an empire; the parallel to the Roman Coliseum, repleat with Roman Catholicism is staggering.  RE says it's just the nature of the collapse motiff; it isn't kind, it isn't comforting, it isn't pretty.  Do we humans have to follow suit?

The problem for me is that my first impression of the DD was of connection, cooperation and doing more that talk. I happened to join at a time when the tone of posters was pretty mellow. I keep trying to hold the diner to my initial (and rosy) perceptions.

No matter how smart Ash is, he does throw down the gauntlet, and there is little response around here for more outside the box metaphysics.  I believe Peter, El G, Ben and others had difficulty with this too.

I tend to avoid discussing belief, faith, spirituality here.  That's because the majority who want to argue are Christian, and Christianity has nothing to offer me.  While a number of people in my "tribe" were raised as Christians, none are today. The one that did convert is not longer part of our plans but is actively encouraging the church where she now attends to prep and help the congregation prep.

I've had some great discussion on spirituality and theology offlist, but there's enough animosity between the followers of the revealed religions and the rest of humanity without me contributing to it.

I was a founding member; I am a female.  I had something to say.  Now I've forgotten what.. I've stepped into a long running, late show donnybrook.  The site, Doomstead Diner, is now Doomsteaddiner/PicturingChrist.  There are some members quietly speaking of wistfully of SUN ...which won't be any different if Ash comes along and keeps throwing punches which are recieved with bloody-mouthed glee and returned.  Witness also, Snowleopard trying to exchange ideas with AGB.. without the bloody skirmish.  To quote AG, "forget it pal."  RE says SUN won't be like this. 
He would certainly know better than I.

It's o.k. with me if you guys want to fight, if serious inquiries or sensitive offerings (what happened to that Thoreau guy?) are deflected and bounce off of this blogosphere.   I just wanted to make certain by posting this that folks actually percieve what they're choosing here.  Because it's easy to get lost.

Haniel  "I agree with Surly.  The philosophy here is to never stifle discussion."

My discussions are stifled.  Somehow.

I'm sorry to hear that - but it needed to be said. 

Yes it is.  I get to say what is a problem for me and it is a problem that I waste time here for nothing.  I'm a working mom.  I get distracted by this place ..and I can't afford this.  Not if it's not making a difference.  I have a special insight that I was recently "gifted" with (gifted because I asked for it and sought it out relentlessly).  If this cannot be "understood" here, I get to let go and let god.  Put paid to it.  I'm not enjoying the fighting; I'm not dying to beat my head against a shut and barred door.  There's no drama; things are very simple for me. 

I walked away the first time drama affected me.  RE talked me into coming back.  Even with the acrimony, the positives outweigh the negatives here.