AuthorTopic: 7 Reasons Why It's Easier for Humans to Believe in God Than Evolution  (Read 25544 times)

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: 7 Reasons Why It's Easier for Humans to Believe in God Than Evolution
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2013, 06:27:09 AM »
Ironic that an article format designed for lazy shallow consumption makes its central claim that people  are lazy thinkers.

First of all most of the claims centre on childrens various developmental stages and state that we retain this way of thinking as adults only where creation is concerned, or more correctly lack of belief in evolution.

This is like saying that because a 3 year old does not know how sexual reproduction works and says "god put me in mumms tummy", the same child should reject sex education as a teenager or adult. The fact is that children are introduced to the theory of evolution at the same age as sex education and if they reject it, it is because it is inadequately proven to them.

Questions remaining such as, why have only apes evolved into the level of humans? Why are current apes not all evolving too? Why are there no new sudden spontaneous "big bang"'s out of nothingness? Why do ancient civilizations accounts of genetic engineering by extra terrestrials tally well with modern day genetic engineering and hybridization? If the theory that we went through 4 linear stages of homind species, has been abandoned in light of new finds and technology and replace with numerous other extinct recognised hominid species, why should we not expect many other aspects of the theory to be thrown out in future? If entropy and decay are normal for anything not living, why is there life at all outside of nature, evolution deals with living things but cannot explain why anything is living from the very start of life (regardless of how much better a believer of evolution is at conceptualizing vast time) millions of years ago.

And of course the reasoning in the article is all reference to reasons people can believe in a god at all. It of course stops short of saying that if you can believe in god you are too limited intellectually to believe in evolution, but that is the logical conclusion.

ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline Ashvin

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2013, 07:09:09 AM »
If our minds have evolved to reject evolutionary theories, then why are they so popular and unconditionally accepted in modern society? People who believe in creationism are actually few and far between, so the entire premise of this article is nonsense to begin with.

Besides that, a legitimate scientist would never try to argue for or against a theory by claiming it's "easier" to believe in bad theories and harder to believe in good ones.

But here's a relevant question for the naturalist evolutionist - if our minds are simply a function of our brains, and our brains have naturally evolved based on survival advantage from unintelligent, undirected processes, then how can anyone claim that their thoughts (or theories) are more rational or closer to "the truth" than anyone else's? The only thing the evolutionist can know is that our minds help us survive, and if a bunch of inaccurate cockamamie theories about "reality" help us do that, then those are the theories that will dominate.

Yet evolutionists continue to argue that their theories are closer to "the truth" than ID theories. How can that be??

Anyway, AG puts on a fine display of legitimate science above. He totally dismantled the crucial aspects of neo-Darwinian evolutionary theory. Anyone who wants to cling on to their faith in such a theory needs to honestly confront the science AG presented and come up with rebuttals.

Offline Ashvin

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2013, 07:21:20 AM »
We have centipedes and we have mosquitos. How come such analogous shapes are allegedly NOT related? BECAUSE they show up at the same time in the fossil record. Why do they assume (no proof, just Darwinian based speculation) something is not related to something else when they appear at the same time? Because the Theory REQUIRES a distance in time for one thing to evolve into another, period.

A similar major flaw in the evolutionary paradigm can be shown by comparing species with very similar mental attributes, but which are, according to evolutionists, not at all related.

http://www.reasons.org/articles/quoth-the-raven-nevermore
In the recent opinion essay in Nature, biologist Johan Bolhuis and psychologist Clive Wynne accept the premise that species have naturally evolved and, thus, possess shared ancestry. But they contest the Darwinian principle “that species with shared ancestry will have similar cognitive abilities.”5 For example, researchers have noted cognitive similarities between physically disparate species, but not necessarily between physically similar species. Bolhuis and Wynne point out that this “illustrates that cognitive traits cannot be neatly arranged in an evolutionary scale of relatedness.”6

Bolhuis and Wynne contrast the cognitive capacities of birds and primates. In the Darwinian models, apes and humans are closely related and share a relatively recent common ancestor. Birds, on the other hand, are only distantly related to primates. Thus, Darwinists predict that of all animals, apes should come closest to manifesting the cognitive capabilities of human beings.

But Bolhuis and Wynne give examples where birds defy this prediction. They cite how “Caledonian crows [though not quite matching ravens in intellectual prowess] outperform monkeys in their ability to retrieve food from a trap tube–from which food can be accessed only at one end.”7 They also refer to an experiment demonstrating that “crows can also work out how to use one tool to obtain a second with which they can retrieve food, a skill that monkeys and apes struggle to master.”8 Evidently, certain bird species exhibit greater powers of the mind than do apes. (See crows’ cognitive powers in action here.)

High cognitive abilities of certain bird species even sometimes challenge a purely physical explanation for their behavior. Take for example the marsh tit. This bird stores seeds in tree bark or in the ground and is able to retrieve them days later while its “close relative,” the great tit, doesn’t store food at all.9 Biologists presumed the difference would be explained by a larger hippocampus in the brain of the food-storing birds. Alas, the evidence doesn’t support this suggestion.10 Studies also show that food-storers do not perform any better in spatial memory tasks than do the non-food-storers.11

In their paper in Behavioral and Brain Sciences, three psychology researchers at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), boldly declared Darwin’s idea of the continuity of the mind (from lower species to higher) a mistake.12 They argue “there is a significant discontinuity in the degree to which human and nonhuman animals are able to approximate the higher order, systematic, relational capabilities of a physical symbol system.”13 They go on to show that this discontinuity “pervades nearly every domain of cognition and runs much deeper than even the spectacular scaffolding provided by language or culture alone can explain.”14

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2013, 08:47:39 AM »
Anyone who wants to cling on to their faith in such a theory needs to honestly confront the science AG presented and come up with rebuttals.

Uh, exactly why is that Ashvin? None of us are real scientists. Why can't we wait for the scientific community at large to absorb your and AG's stunning information, and just let it filter down.

Because most of us consider it fairly boring, and it impacts our daily lives not at all.

Whatever articles you want to quote, whatever unassailable logic you want to present, I always remember who is presenting it, and I know why you're presenting it. You're presenting it because it fits your fundamentalist Ashvin Unified Theory of the Christ-Centered Universe...which is fine, you know, but it is what it is.

I no more look to you as a scientific expert in this kind of thing than I'd look to Watson and Crick for legal advice or Linus Pauling to tell me how to land an airplane. You have zero credentials, and you have a HUGE bias that shows every time you open your mouth.

Once again, let me reiterate what RE said. Articles like this are designed to create a false dichotomy that says one either has to believe in God or Evolution but not both, that such a position is somehow untenable.

This is offensive to many people who do hold such a position, whether they're right or wrong. And for you to pile on just shows how little you care about what anyone besides you happens to think. It convinces no one of anything and it just shows how fixed your own belief system is and how little tolerance you have.

End of message. Let the rants continue. I would never try to argue with an idealogue, especially a Christian idealogue.

What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well.

Offline Bot Blogger

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2013, 08:49:57 AM »
If our minds have evolved to reject evolutionary theories, then why are they so popular and unconditionally accepted in modern society? People who believe in creationism are actually few and far between, so the entire premise of this article is nonsense to begin with.

Well first off I would say that the article is a collection of research on 'belief'. It was not written by the scientists conducting the studies. It was written by a propagandist. Hence it identifies causes and comes to conclusions that possibly the actual scientists may never have come to.

That does not mean that the research is bad. Just that the conclusions drawn are.

I imagine that religious belief has waned in modern society for a number of reasons: The gross trespasses by the institutions that purported to represent GOD on earth. Also I would also say that technology has played a great role in stealing miracle making thunder away from the Church. Without an ability to provide lights and action, the church is not the central 'show' anymore. The television/internet PlayStation is. The church and institutions serve little to no function. Fewer people are getting married and if they are it's not in a church, it's on a beach. Less is a church a place to contemplate something larger. More a lonely place haunted by creepy men ministering to desperate losers. Again that is not my opinion but my perception of perception. Please take no offense.  :icon_mrgreen:

But here's a relevant question for the naturalist evolutionist - if our minds are simply a function of our brains, and our brains have naturally evolved based on survival advantage from unintelligent, undirected processes, then how can anyone claim that their thoughts (or theories) are more rational or closer to "the truth" than anyone else's? The only thing the evolutionist can know is that our minds help us survive, and if a bunch of inaccurate cockamamie theories about "reality" help us do that, then those are the theories that will dominate.

Yet evolutionists continue to argue that their theories are closer to "the truth" than ID theories. How can that be??

Good question. But bottom line it's a dis against going with your instincts. It's suggesting reasoning and intellect will lead us out of our tendencies. Sound familiar?

What I find interesting is all these tendencies could be used to explain belief in the religion of science. Or they could lead one to completely different conclusions and yet better questions...

Biological Essentialism. First, we seem to have a deep tendency to think about biology in a way that is "essentialist"—in other words, assuming that each separate kind of animal species has a fundamental, unique nature that unites all members of that species, and that is inviolate. Fish have gills, birds have wings, fish make more fish, birds make more birds, and that's how it all works. Essentialist thinking has been demonstrated in young children [6]. "Little kids as young as my 2 and a half year old granddaughter are quite clear that puppies don't have ponies for mommies and daddies,"

Well do puppies have pony parents? HUH?
Don't we assume that consciousness is the purview of humans ALONE.

Teleological Thinking. or the tendency to ascribe purposes to things and objects.

What exactly is the difference between a purpose and a mechanism?

Overactive Agency Detection. our tendency to treat any number of inanimate objects as if they have minds and intentions. Examples of faulty agency detection, explains University of British Columbia origins of religion scholar Ara Norenzayan, range from seeing "faces in the clouds" to "getting really angry at your computer when it starts to malfunction." People engage in such "anthropomorphizing" all the time; it seems to come naturally.

If I see faces in the clouds. That's 'cause they're there. If I get angry at the computer it's cause I want to kill it's designer. Sounds reasonable to me :icon_mrgreen:

Dualism. "Preschool children will claim that the brain is responsible for some aspects of mental life, typically those involving deliberative mental work, such as solving math problems," "But preschoolers will also claim that the brain is not involved in a host of other activities, such as pretending to be a kangaroo, loving one's brother, or brushing one's teeth."

What if the 'brain' is not the center of LOVE nor the centre of imagination. Is that really so hard to imagine?

Inability to Comprehend Vast Time Scales. We have to override our incredulity."

Who can really comprehend these things, anyway. And how? The only way I see is to imagine ourselves alternately as giants and insects. And this we can do. Regardless, it does not change AWE and incredulity, they should never be overridden, as DAWKINS has expressed it too.

Group Morality and Tribalism.
Fear and the Need for Certainty.

This is all we talk about on the diner. And many different conclusions are drawn.

For clarity sake, AG is not disputing that there is a mechanism called evolution. Whether it was created or set in motion by God is another question. That it exists is not. Hence the ability to breed animals of a particular size shape mind over generations.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 08:57:57 AM by Bot Blogger »

Offline Ashvin

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2013, 11:24:04 AM »
Uh, exactly why is that Ashvin? None of us are real scientists. Why can't we wait for the scientific community at large to absorb your and AG's stunning information, and just let it filter down.

Because most of us consider it fairly boring, and it impacts our daily lives not at all.

First of all, if this is so boring and unimportant to you, then why are commenting about it, so far as to say that it even "pissed you off".

Second, this idea that we can't have a meaningful discussion and approximate the truth without being experts in the field is bogus. Most of us aren't experts in economics, energy, ecology, geopolitics, etc., but sites like these spend a lot of time discussing those things.

The real question is whether we are RELYING on experts to inform our arguments, and AG most certainly is.

Once again, let me reiterate what RE said. Articles like this are designed to create a false dichotomy that says one either has to believe in God or Evolution but not both, that such a position is somehow untenable.

This is offensive to many people who do hold such a position, whether they're right or wrong. And for you to pile on just shows how little you care about what anyone besides you happens to think. It convinces no one of anything and it just shows how fixed your own belief system is and how little tolerance you have.

Why is it offensive??

AG and I happen to believe that people who believe in God and Darwinian evolution are WRONG. We have arguments to support that belief. And we absolutely respect your right to challenge our beliefs with your own arguments. There is no intolerance here...

Whatever articles you want to quote, whatever unassailable logic you want to present, I always remember who is presenting it, and I know why you're presenting it. You're presenting it because it fits your fundamentalist Ashvin Unified Theory of the Christ-Centered Universe...which is fine, you know, but it is what it is.

OK, but that's a very silly way to think about other peoples' arguments, and I think you already know that...

especially being someone who finds such things so boring and unimportant. ::)

Everyone has pre-established worldviews and motives for making their arguments.

Offline Ashvin

• Contrarian
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2013, 11:35:59 AM »
For clarity sake, AG is not disputing that there is a mechanism called evolution. Whether it was created or set in motion by God is another question. That it exists is not. Hence the ability to breed animals of a particular size shape mind over generations.

This isn't accurate.

It's true that no one here is disputing the ability of species' to sometimes adapt to their environments with the aid of genetic mutations and natural selection, or for those processes to create variation within a species. That is usually referred to as "micro-evolution".

However, AG and I are disputing the Darwinian theory of "macro-evolution", which suggests that these evolutionary mechanisms are sufficient to establish life and its vast diversity and complexity throughout Earth's history.

Deists and theists who say God "set evolution in motion" or "directs evolution" are still relying on a majorly flawed theory that doesn't comport with the evidence.

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2013, 11:36:27 AM »
First of all, if this is so boring and unimportant to you, then why are commenting about it, so far as to say that it even "pissed you off".

Easy. Because posting that kind of article is a deplorable practice, one called "sandbagging", where someone posts something deliberately offensive to see if anyone will rise to the bait. I wish this forum was above that, and I'm willing to call "bullshit" occasionally.

Everyone has pre-established worldviews and motives for making their arguments.

But not everyone delights in being an intolerant supercilious asshole. Some people leave room for the children of a lesser God to save a little face. That's a lesson you really should learn. It's an important lesson, and I think it would benefit you, so I'm willing to work on your rough edges when I can.

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2013, 12:14:23 PM »
Thank you, Ashvin, for giving logic and common sense the importance it is due in any conversation, no matter what the subject matter.  :emthup: :icon_sunny:

I don't agree with the 6 literal day creationists but I read their hard boiled, science based articles on radiometric dating, errors in Evolutionary circular reasoning and geologic column totally unscientific assumptions BECAUSE they quote the scientific community work fastidiously before they launch into their rebuttal.

People that AUTOMATICALLY refuse to debate evolution versus creation (a totally separate subject from whether the creator did it in 6 days or not!) are using a filter that narrows their perception. "Let's wait for the scientific community to LEAD us", they say. YET, they are quite willing to question every other error in human society UNTIL their RELIGION (humanistic evolution) is questioned. They don't see that as bigotry. They see it as the height of modern, sophisticated, scientific thinking.

Your rebuttal shows the holes in that rather convenient, and arrogant, attitude. You are more polite than I am but I get pretty pissed off listening to people denigrate my ability to think logically with ridicule (belief in God is magic for those weak minds that cannot face "reality" LOL!).

These "reality" facers flat refuse to argue the nuts and bolts of evolution because "they are bored and have moved on from such silliness". BULLSHIT!

What they DON'T want to deal with is the questioning of their RELIGION (the scientific high priesthood of Darwin's  theory).

The moment they open that bag of worms, they think they are headed for fundy nutty territory and fear all the feelings of guilt and recognition of our debt to the creator for having created us like the PLAGUE!

They deliberately paint belief in God as an unscientific exercise in magical thing and cultish and slavish dedication to a set of silly laws, never mind the golden rule. They paint Christians as a caricature of human straight jacket thinking in order to avoid any nuance whatsoever. Darwin forbid that they see us as rational, logic humans capable of engaging in an objective conversation about human origins.  ;)

They disparage us as quaint whackos they sniff at and pity. Then THEY think it is THEY who should be offended by someone calling THEM arrogant fucks.  ::)

If I had that attitude about Fossil Fuelers, who OBVIOUSLY have an agenda to denigrate and disparage Renewable Energy, I would refuse to debate with them because I had, "moved on from such silliness".  Of course they have an agenda and a position. Of course I ahave an agenda and a position.

Debate with FACTS instead of opinions tends to celar up who is right and who is wrong. Just look at the page views on my channel. Do you think many people have not benefited from my knock down drag out arguments? Of course they have. The truth about Renewables versus Fossil fuels is disseminated this way.

The bottom line is disseminating the TRUTH. That's why anyone refusing to argue evolution on the merits based on the creationist world view of the debating opponent is engaging in close minded bigotry.

I will show you and EXCELLENT example of close minded bigotry on the part of Charles Darwin. He had an agenda to destroy deism and he did it with pseudo science.

Wallace, an admirer of Darwin, wrote him a letter saying that natural selection could explain ape level crude intelligence but a creator was required for human level intelligence simply because we had no evolutionary need for such a high level of intelligence and tool making ability to survive in the natural world. Darwin had a shit fit. He didn't argue it. He wrote NO!, NO!, NO! right next to CREATOR. If that isn't an AGENDA, I don't know what is.

If anyone here wants the source and details of the Wallace, Darwin correspondence I will provide it. But I won't waste my time with ridicule and evasions.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 12:30:53 PM by agelbert »
Leges         Sine    Moribus      Vanae   
Faith,
if it has not works, is dead, being alone.

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2013, 12:42:56 PM »
People that AUTOMATICALLY refuse to debate evolution versus creation (a totally separate subject from whether the creator did it in 6 days or not!) are using a filter that narrows their perception. "Let's wait for the scientific community to LEAD us", they say. YET, they are quite willing to question every other error in human society UNTIL their RELIGION (humanistic evolution) is questioned. They don't see that as bigotry. They see it as the height of modern, sophisticated, scientific thinking.

Horseshit. You're a fanatic. I don't argue with true believers, especially Christian true believers. They (you) are too fixed in their beliefs, and too loaded with articles googled from who knows where that ALWAYS DEFINITELY SHOW how absolutely and completely right they are while everyone else is wrong.

You and Ashvin and GO are not about to change your POV one iota, and I get little satisfaction in discussions that are basically long cut and pastes with no original thinking.

You boys should just accept that your belief system is just that, and not something that needs to be shoved down my throat.

Posts like the one you just made just show your intolerance.

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2013, 01:04:28 PM »
You boys should just accept that your belief system is just that, and not something that needs to be shoved down my throat.

Oh, but I DO ACCEPT that it is a belief system because I have no PROOF.

It is YOU who refuses to accept that YOUR belief system is JUST THAT! It is YOU who, by ridiculing "true believers and Fanatics" want to shove YOUR Maslow Peer Group acceptance horseshit down OUR THROUTS by claiming WE are thinking "magically".

I take offense to that, Eddie. Sorry if you take offense to my "cut and paste" stuff. It's all at the Darwin thread in my forum. I cut and paste the SCIENTIFC CONCENSUS before I argue it and take it apart. What is your problem with that?

Really Eddie, I think your problem is that you refuse to believe your views are FAITH BASED and become grievously offended when I call YOU what you call ME.  :icon_mrgreen:

What's good for the GOOSE is good fro the GANDER.  ;)
Leges         Sine    Moribus      Vanae   
Faith,
if it has not works, is dead, being alone.

Offline Bot Blogger

• Bussing Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2013, 01:17:28 PM »

This isn't accurate.

It's true that no one here is disputing the ability of species' to sometimes adapt to their environments with the aid of genetic mutations and natural selection, or for those processes to create variation within a species. That is usually referred to as "micro-evolution".

However, AG and I are disputing the Darwinian theory of "macro-evolution", which suggests that these evolutionary mechanisms are sufficient to establish life and its vast diversity and complexity throughout Earth's history. Deists and theists who say God "set evolution in motion" or "directs evolution" are still relying on a majorly flawed theory that doesn't comport with the evidence.

You say 'micro' I say 'macro, lets call the whole thing off and just use 'evolution'.
We agree, it's a mechanism. An 'evolutionary mechanism'.

Whether it deserves the title role of mechanism of will and power or karma and fate, is not my point to make.
If it exists, then it's one of God's sacred mechanisms.
As sacred as every sperm.
At attention Catholics:

Every Sperm is Sacred

Every Sperm is Sacred

DAD:
There are Jews in the world.
There are Buddhists.
There are Hindus and Mormons, and then
There are those that follow Mohammed, but
I've never been one of them.

I'm a Roman Catholic,
And have been since before I was born,
And the one thing they say about Catholics is:
They'll take you as soon as you're warm.

You don't have to be a six-footer.
You don't have to have a great brain.
You don't have to have any clothes on. You're
A Catholic the moment Dad came,

Because

Every sperm is sacred.
Every sperm is great.
If a sperm is wasted,
God gets quite irate.

GIRL:
Let the heathen spill theirs
On the dusty ground.
God shall make them pay for
Each sperm that can't be found.

MUM:
Hindu, Taoist, Mormon,
Spill theirs just anywhere,
But God loves those who treat their
Semen with more care.

PRIEST:
Every sperm is sacred.
BRIDE and GROOM:
Every sperm is good.
NANNIES:
Every sperm is needed...
CARDINALS:
...In your neighbourhood!

CHILDREN:
Every sperm is useful.
Every sperm is fine.
FUNERAL CORTEGE:
God needs everybody's.
MOURNER #1:
Mine!
MOURNER #2:
And mine!
CORPSE:
And mine!

NUN:
Let the Pagan spill theirs
O'er mountain, hill, and plain.
HOLY STATUES:
God shall strike them down for
Each sperm that's spilt in vain.

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2013, 01:48:09 PM »
Eddy  You and Ashvin and GO are not about to change your POV one iota

Agelbert

We have centipedes and we have mosquitos. How come such analogous shapes are allegedly NOT related? BECAUSE they show up at the same time in the fossil record. Why do they assume (no proof, just Darwinian based speculation) something is not related to something else when they appear at the same time? Because the Theory REQUIRES a distance in time for one thing to evolve into another, period.

Now you would say, HEY, didn't Darwin think we came from apes (which, of course, exist now too!)? YEP. It was OBVIOUSLY, as Ashvin pointed out in a quote here recently, based on prejudice against negros and had nothing to do with science. If Darwin had been approaching the issue scientifically, he would have to ASSUME that all modern life forms are evolved from something that is not present today. But he didn't do that, did he?  ;)

Quote      GO You got through the skull of the Ox right here Agelbert. I finally get it, or at least think I do.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :Thinkingof_:

Speaking just for myself Eddie, Not True, both gents have changed my point of view on important matters many times.

The above thank you to Agelbert, posted earlier, is just one example. Both gentleman have cleared my vision repeatedly and I am thankful.

I was the one who posted the article you are deriding. It was clearly stated by me in the introduction to the article that it was posted because of prior interest shown in the topics presented and a desire by me to be more educated by those Diners well versed on the topic. My goal was accomplished by that above quote and Ashvin subsequently pointing to it's validity.

Your claim that I was baiting the forum and you wish we could rise above such behavior was particularly offensive to me.
Please ponder any such claims in the future about me with more care and accuracy.                         Thanks, GO

« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 01:58:33 PM by Golden Oxen »

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2013, 02:08:32 PM »
My views are my views. I never once proselytized your ass and tried to influence you at all. I try to respect other peoples views and give them space to be whatever they feel they should be...worship God however they see fit.

Your Creationist views don't bother me. It's your lack of tolerance, and your willingness to bring your religion to this forum, where it definitely doesn't belong, that chaps my ass. I offended you? Good. You're a pompous old ass who is in love with his own typing.

You and Ashvin want to somehow prove the unprovable so that you can know the unknowable and figure it all out so your busy little minds can be at peace. Good luck with that.

Stick with your work on renewables. What you do with that is phenomenal. The Creationist Christian hard line just makes you look like a fool.

Offline Eddie

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2013, 02:13:19 PM »
Your claim that I was baiting the forum and you wish we could rise above such behavior was particularly offensive to me.

Good, because you do it frequently and then sit back and wait for somebody to take the bait. Most of the time I manage to ignore it.

As long as I'm offending people, I might as well offend you too, because you are completely culpable. People who want to bring their religion to the internet are disgusting. Give it a fucking rest, why don't you.