AuthorTopic: Uncle Bob's TOOL OF THE WEEK  (Read 12249 times)

Offline RE

• Administrator
  • Chief Cook & Bottlewasher
    • View Profile
Re: Uncle Bob's TOOL OF THE WEEK
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2014, 04:29:45 PM »
I would not be holding my breath. JQ was an Occupy supporter, which did not sit well with many of his resident cornucopianialists. So he just throw a shitbomb out there to see what happens.

But I am betting not.

Not this time apparently.  Rand Paul assassination would not fly well over there I suppose.  LOL.

RE
Save As Many As You Can

Offline Surly1

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2014, 04:43:47 PM »
Surly,
A psychiatrist can put the FEAR OF GOD into those shit throwing monkeys!       

If anyone can get those monkeys to question their "religion", it's UB!               

Possibly. But they would have to be willing to listen and engage…

You have SEEN that commentariat over there, yes?

Of course, it is not even now what it once seas. RE and I remember Smokey, with his "12 inch baby batter maker" and willingness to thump it across an offenders head, or insert in in any available crevice of the offender's mother or wife…

now THOSE were some flame wars.
"...reprehensible lying communist..."

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2014, 07:59:22 PM »
I would not be holding my breath. JQ was an Occupy supporter, which did not sit well with many of his resident cornucopianialists. So he just throw a shitbomb out there to see what happens.

But I am betting not.

Not this time apparently.  Rand Paul assassination would not fly well over there I suppose.  LOL.

RE

I would presume UB's mention of climate change denial might get him called Uncle Buttfucker, etc, @ TBP? Yes?  :exp-rolleyes:

WHD

Offline Surly1

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2014, 04:21:49 AM »

But I am betting not.

RE

I would presume UB's mention of climate change denial might get him called Uncle Buttfucker, etc, @ TBP? Yes?  :exp-rolleyes:

WHD

Hadn't read TBP much lately, so went over to have a look. It seems JQ has allowed others to post, and has handed admin reins to one AWD, an awful racist and right winger whose work is just this side of Stormfront. So the atmosphere there is stale and predictable. JQ posts some challenging articles there, but the commentarial holds him in thrall for the most part.

Offline agelbert

• Global Moderator
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Renewable Rervolution
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2014, 12:33:34 PM »
Surly,
No, I haven't been over at TBP recently (I have to watch my blood pressure, ya know! ;D), but I score them somewhat below Zero Hedge greedballs that are almost as beholden to profit over planet with cheap ideological pseudo-fig leaf Randian "principles" along with ad hominem horseshit.

Yeah, it's basically a KKK meeting disguised as a 'do the right thing to act responsibly as an apex predator in the "reality" of a social Darwinist world' peer group of assholes. I would wager that the autonomic arousal level of most of them is rather low:

TBP average METER reading

Nevertheless, anyone that can undermine their arrogant stupidity and raise THEIR blood pressure is doing good for mankind.  :icon_mrgreen:
Leges         Sine    Moribus      Vanae   
Faith,
if it has not works, is dead, being alone.

Offline Surly1

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2014, 04:04:35 AM »

Yeah, it's basically a KKK meeting disguised as a 'do the right thing to act responsibly as an apex predator in the "reality" of a social Darwinist world' peer group of assholes.

As succinct and clear a description of the TBP commentariat as I have seen, AG.

Sometimes I wonder if JQ has second thoughts about what he wrought.

Then I reflect as his behavior as an admin during the time I posted there, and conclude, "probably not."

Offline g

• Golden Oxen
  • Contrarian
  • Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2014, 04:34:17 AM »

Yeah, it's basically a KKK meeting disguised as a 'do the right thing to act responsibly as an apex predator in the "reality" of a social Darwinist world' peer group of assholes.

Then I reflect as his behavior as an admin during the time I posted there, and conclude, "probably not."

Good morning Surly, definitely not.

I read the site on and off for about a year, and finally Jimbo pissed me of about a Social Security posting of his so I joined to tell him off in the style he enjoys so much.

After immersing myself in the swamp of shit and nastiness over there and using the same tactics I manged to tell ass hole off and satisfy myself and haven't been back.

He is a nasty hateful blowhard in my opinion and that group of goons he has over there, most not all, are ass holes that delight in ridiculing and defaming people worse off than them. The people of Wall Mart feature and the commentary are all you need to know about the value over there of discussion and it's merit.

You come to appreciate the quality of posters we have at the Diner, their desire to do something constructive, to argue to learn or present a different view rather than ridicule, and the broad interesting subject matter presented in a polite fashion after spending some time in that shit hole.

That dump reminds me exactly of the bully groups we had in school.  Name calling, making fun of personal appearances, ganging up on, showing how obnoxious they could be contests, making silly noises etc.

I must confess to getting a kick out of Stucky however, no matter how off color he can get at times. He just strikes me as a real funny bastard and good for a nasty joke now and then. Got a kick out of him at the diner as well.  Sorry he left.  :laugh:

Offline Surly1

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2014, 10:59:03 AM »

Good morning Surly, definitely not.

I read the site on and off for about a year, and finally Jimbo pissed me of about a Social Security posting of his so I joined to tell him off in the style he enjoys so much.

After immersing myself in the swamp of shit and nastiness over there and using the same tactics I manged to tell ass hole off and satisfy myself and haven't been back.

He is a nasty hateful blowhard in my opinion and that group of goons he has over there, most not all, are ass holes that delight in ridiculing and defaming people worse off than them. The people of Wall Mart feature and the commentary are all you need to know about the value over there of discussion and it's merit.

You come to appreciate the quality of posters we have at the Diner, their desire to do something constructive, to argue to learn or present a different view rather than ridicule, and the broad interesting subject matter presented in a polite fashion after spending some time in that shit hole.

That dump reminds me exactly of the bully groups we had in school.  Name calling, making fun of personal appearances, ganging up on, showing how obnoxious they could be contests, making silly noises etc.

I must confess to getting a kick out of Stucky however, no matter how off color he can get at times. He just strikes me as a real funny bastard and good for a nasty joke now and then. Got a kick out of him at the diner as well.  Sorry he left.  :laugh:

INteresting take, GO. Thanks.

Don't know if you remember Smokey, but it was worth it to hang around for one of his rants. The stuff of legends.
The one day, actually in response to an article RE (of all people) wrote about religion, he waxed sincere and eloquent. Really quite remarkable.

And the end of the day, though, and I think it was shortly after JQ ran RE off for the first time, I found myself asking, "Whatthefuck am I doing this for?" and drifted away.

Had TBP been around in the 60s, William Golding could have used it as case studies for "Lord of the Flies."

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Uncle Bob's TOOL OF THE WEEK - Rich DS Claims Rich Are Treated Like...
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2014, 02:49:32 PM »
Here's a vote for tool of the week. Small fry tool, but a tool for sure.

WHD

Rich Businessman Compares Treatment Of The Rich To The Holocaust

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/25/taxes-rich-holocaust_n_4665676.html

Venture capitalist Thomas Perkins wrote a letter to the editors at the Wall Street Journal, comparing the plight of the rich to the Holocaust, called "Progressive Kristallnacht Coming?"... and the WSJ published it.

"I would call attention to the parallels of fascist Nazi Germany to its war on its 'one percent,' namely its Jews, to the progressive war on the American one percent, namely the 'rich,'" Perkins writes. Thomas Perkins, one of the founders of venture capital firm Kleiner Perkins Caulfield & Byers, was comparing taxes on the super rich to the slaughter of millions in the Holocaust.

"From the Occupy movement to the demonization of the rich embedded in virtually every word of our local newspaper, the San Francisco Chronicle, I perceive a rising tide of hatred of the successful one percent," Perkins continues. "There is outraged public reaction to the Google buses carrying technology workers from the city to the peninsula high-tech companies which employ them. We have outrage over the rising real-estate prices which these 'techno geeks' can pay."

Perkins ends his rant with: "This is a very dangerous drift in our American thinking. Kristallnacht was unthinkable in 1930; is its descendent 'progressive' radicalism unthinkable now?"

Obviously, there has been backlash to the letter. "It certainly proves you can get rich without being very thoughtful, perceptive, or intelligent," Slate's Matt Yglesias writes. More people took to Twitter to express their outrage.

The Wall Street Journal did not immediately respond to The Huffington Post's request for comment.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304549504579316913982034286

Progressive Kristallnacht Coming?
I would call attention to the parallels of Nazi Germany to its war on its "one percent," namely its Jews, to the progressive war on the American one percent, namely the "rich."

Jan. 24, 2014 4:49 p.m. ET

Regarding your editorial "Censors on Campus" (Jan. 18): Writing from the epicenter of progressive thought, San Francisco, I would call attention to the parallels of fascist Nazi Germany to its war on its "one percent," namely its Jews, to the progressive war on the American one percent, namely the "rich."

From the Occupy movement to the demonization of the rich embedded in virtually every word of our local newspaper, the San Francisco Chronicle, I perceive a rising tide of hatred of the successful one percent. There is outraged public reaction to the Google buses carrying technology workers from the city to the peninsula high-tech companies which employ them. We have outrage over the rising real-estate prices which these "techno geeks" can pay. We have, for example, libelous and cruel attacks in the Chronicle on our number-one celebrity, the author Danielle Steel, alleging that she is a "snob" despite the millions she has spent on our city's homeless and mentally ill over the past decades.

This is a very dangerous drift in our American thinking. Kristallnacht was unthinkable in 1930; is its descendent "progressive" radicalism unthinkable now?

Tom Perkins

San Francisco

Mr. Perkins is a founder of Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers.

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2014, 09:47:57 AM »
ITS TOOL TIME AGAIN ALREADY
[/b][/i][/color]

This week the bronze gong goes to a Kathy Stover-Kennedy the 'thats not my dad', doe eyed, dough digging girlfriend of Dennis Farrell, CEO of Freedom Industries. Unless you have been on holiday on another planet you could not have missed the story of the chemical contamination of West Virginia's water. Freedom Industries is the company who screwed up. Kathy's pretty little pout sounds pretty used to getting her own way and getting away with pretty much anything. Its hurt her feelings that some of the comments from the three hundred thousand odd folk across three counties who cant use the water and got sick before finding out the water wasn't safe haven't been understanding enough.

Heres her facebook page offering her side of things. You gather from it that we should be thankful for this release because Dennis and Freedom Industries had better things to do than offer an explanation;

http://aattp.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/1-12-2014-4-50-41-PM.jpg

So as you see, Denny dear has been busy rolling up his sleeves and getting the problem fixed, probably filtering all the water through a Big Berky or Breta jug. After that is, digging right under that leaking tank and welding a new sheet of steel plate over the rusted out section, one he beat and bent into shape by himself. Well thats the way she makes it sound.

But that all is of secondary concern to how she is holding up, as the most important question would be Is the bosses bimbo ok?. Well yes and no. Shes had her feelings hurt with unkind criticisms when the spill was an accident and nothing gets harmed, she says. So back off busters, a little sensitivity thanks. The good news Im sure you will be relieved to know is she has had a shower and brushed her teeth and reports she is OK.Breathe out now, her blonde head could have gone bronze washing her hair with the wrong CHEMICALS.

But she gets the bronze trophy anyway, to help turn the frown back upside down. How long she stays a trophy if Denny goes outta biz from this is another question. Kathy gets a bunch of feeler guages. Not to set the sparkplug gaps or adjust tappet clearance on her convertible Jag, but to guage her level of feelings in thousandths  of an inch for anybody else, like maybe poor kids who swam in the creeks and swallowed the chemicals.

Silver place goes to one Thomas Perkins, Venture Capitalist who wrote in earnest (my ass) to the Wall Street Journal, comparing the treatment of the exceptionally wealthy today to that of Jews during the holocaust;

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1583330/thumbs/n-TAXES-RICH-HOLOCAUST-large570.jpg

Regarding your editorial "Censors on Campus" (Jan. 18): Writing from the epicenter of progressive thought, San Francisco, I would call attention to the parallels of fascist Nazi Germany to its war on its "one percent," namely its Jews, to the progressive war on the American one percent, namely the "rich."

From the Occupy movement to the demonization of the rich embedded in virtually every word of our local newspaper, the San Francisco Chronicle, I perceive a rising tide of hatred of the successful one percent. There is outraged public reaction to the Google buses carrying technology workers from the city to the peninsula high-tech companies which employ them. We have outrage over the rising real-estate prices which these "techno geeks" can pay. We have, for example, libelous and cruel attacks in the Chronicle on our number-one celebrity, the author Danielle Steel, alleging that she is a "snob" despite the millions she has spent on our city's homeless and mentally ill over the past decades.

This is a very dangerous drift in our American thinking. Kristallnacht was unthinkable in 1930; is its descendent "progressive" radicalism unthinkable now?

Tom Perkins

San Francisco

Whats the bet Tom is not a former Nazi himself. Have you ever heard the word "Kristallnacht" used to describe the concept, only an absolute insider knows of it. Take a look at his foto taken from the top floor suite of a skyscraper. Aside from the tailored suit and strudel eating smug smile, he looks more at home as a 'Hans von Heidelburg'. 'Tom Perkins' sounds more like a Caterpillar cap and Stihl suspenders wearing  Samaritan who stopped to pick up an Aryan hitcher in late 1944 and hasnt been seen since.

Well come on, he's about as serious in what he's saying as I am. Tom gets silver since he probably stole shitloads of silver out of Auschwitz inmates teeth, which he used to finance his ratrun and set up his venture capital company. Im giving him a glass cutting tool to use on that window behind him on the top floor. He seems to see some writing on the wall, along the lines of; either you come down now Tom or we will come up.

Gold Gong goes to Andrew Bullshit Bolt, Australias answer to the biggest asshole you have anywhere. A columnist who writes for the Herald Sun and host of his own weekly half hour of unabashed baseless bullshit, The Bolt Report. After years of vocal dissent against taking global warming seriously as it may harm the economy and cost jobs, has now gone very quiet on this issue. Is it because he's busy defending trying to drown all refugees on the high seas or is it because his years of claiming a "pause in warming" is starting to look pretty silly with every capital city and state in Oz setting RECORD temperatures year on year.

Heres the last sample 4 months ago of his same old climate change denial claptrap that an intelligent twelve year old can pull to pieces;

HOW convenient that the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change decided last Friday it was even more certain we’re heating the world to hell.

That meant these UN scaremongers distracted the media from inconvenient truths in their latest report.

Fact is, the IPCC showed it’s got a lot less to be confident about. Global warming is turning from imminent catastrophe to merely a problem — or less.

Not that you’d guess that from media reports.
(So no journalist or scientist says so, only you do)

“It is more certain than ever that human civilisation is the main cause of global warming, putting the world on track for dangerous temperature rises,” wailed The Age.
(How then is it 'less than a problem'?)

Journalists thought it news that IPCC scientists, who were 90 per cent sure of this six years ago, say they are 95 per cent sure now.

Hmm. But how did they figure they were now 5 per cent more sure? Leading climate scientist Professor Judith Curry, of the Georgia Institute of Technology, doesn’t buy it: “Perhaps they felt it was appropriate or politic that they show progress.”
(A complete debunking of the IPCC then. An academic from a state with a mean IQ below the average cites no study or data, so we should believe you)

Had they not, more journalists might have reported some embarrassing admissions instead.

They may have noted this latest IPCC “summary for policymakers” admits there was an unexpected 15-year pause in warming.

As it says: “The rate of warming over the past 15 years (0.05 degrees per decade) ... is smaller than the rate calculated since 1951 (0.12 degrees per decade)”.
(this has been explained as el nino effcet cooling cycle, less solar activity, and thats slowed not paused)

Oh, and those sea level rises? The ones the ABC’s chief science presenter, Robyn Williams, said could drown our cities under 100m of sea by 2100?

Relax. The median sea level rises now tipped under the four IPCC emissions scenarios are between just 26cm and 30cm by 2100, with an extreme possible limit of 82cm.
(never mind the tide and storm surge effects already swamping Fuku and Manhattan, and Andrew wont be breathing in 2100 anyway)

....Gone, too, is the IPCC’s apocalyptic warning that temperatures could soar more than 6 degrees this century.

It now predicts as little as 0.3 degrees of warming or 4.8 at most. Anything under 2 degrees would actually be good for us, meaning more rain and better crops — not that the IPCC mentions reassuring news.

(have you heard that one anywhere else? Hows food prices from crops doing so well where you live?)

And remember that other scare — peddled by Tim Flannery, Al Gore, The Age and our ABC — of an ice-free Arctic by this year?

In fact, the IPCC says only one of its four scenarios suggests the Arctic might be nearly ice free in summer by mid-century at the earliest. The rest have no confidence of that this century.
( Im hearing others saying by the end of the decade not century, an area the size of texas melting more each year than the last).

All this may still sound scary to people with no faith that a much richer and technologically advanced world 100 years from now could easily adapt.
(do we look like getting richer other than the elite you whore for? or any leaps in technology or even an idea what this technology is?)

But after so many false scares, and with no warming for so long
(in your freezer maybe, certainly not the ocean where most heating has happened),
let’s keep our panic on hold and our hands on our wallets.
(in your case on your weathercock).

Here he is getting his ass handed to him caught out trying to tell plenty of porky pies, by a labcoat so humourless a clown couldnt get a giggle out. Notice also river systems filled in the drought affected south were only due to extreme floods in the tropical north, not rain in the drought affected states.
Andrew Bolt GETS OWNED on The Bolt Report 13 nov 2011

Andrew gets a two in one rain guage and thermometer, reminding him how stupid hes going to sound if he starts again saying it isn't heating up.

[Remember to get me your tool of the week nominees during the week, cheers to Surly and WHD.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 02:13:44 PM by Uncle Bob »
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2014, 10:27:09 AM »
Methinks you have found a niche, Uncle Bob.  :icon_sunny:

Editorial recommendations: the first two were fun, the Bolt reference gets a bit bogged down. If you are commenting on his words, Italicize his but keep yours standard. I don't know what the IPCC is. On first reading I got a little lost, though I know enough about the issue to see what he is saying and why (money, money money). So I don't doubt that he's as much of an asshole as you will find anywhere (that profile of him in the O in BOLT in the Vid is for Narcissism, LOL), but I'm a little unclear reading this, why he gets the gold prize this week. More context. Maybe a bit more linked/direct in your responses. And why is Bolt symptomatic of a greater, organized and entrenched, systemic denial?

Thanks for the shout out.

WHD

Offline Surly1

• Master Chef
    • View Profile
    • Doomstead Diner
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2014, 11:26:58 AM »

Editorial recommendations: the first two were fun, the Bolt reference gets a bit bogged down. If you are commenting on his words, Italicize his but keep yours standard. I don't know what the IPCC is. On first reading I got a little lost, though I know enough about the issue to see what he is saying and why (money, money money). So I don't doubt that he's as much of an asshole as you will find anywhere (that profile of him in the O in BOLT in the Vid is for Narcissism, LOL), but I'm a little unclear reading this, why he gets the gold prize this week. More context. Maybe a bit more linked/direct in your responses. And why is Bolt symptomatic of a greater, organized and entrenched, systemic denial?

Thanks for the shout out.

WHD

Agreed. UB has found his metier.

Would echo WHD in re a little context. Especially for those in the states who think the Australia is the UK with guys who say "crikey," we don't get a whole lot of context for Australian news. Or any news, aside from Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus or Kim Kardashian's ass. Weapon of mass distraction, you know.

Anyhow love it, and am sure you can count on nominations from this bunch.

Well done, sir.

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2014, 01:57:32 PM »
A problem you might have, UB, is being swamped with nominees. I mean, O may be the tool of tools, but he finally says something that isn't a lie, and what does Ms Leonhart do:

DEA Chief Slams Obama For Pot Remarks: Reports

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/25/michele-leonhart-obama_n_4666606.html

Matt Sledge
msledge@huffingtonpost.com

Ryan Grim
ryan@huffingtonpost.com

Posted: 01/25/2014 6:30 pm EST  |  Updated: 01/26/2014 11:59 am EST

The head of the Drug Enforcement Administration slammed President Barack Obama this week for saying marijuana is no more harmful than alcohol, according to a report Saturday in the Boston Herald.

DEA Administrator Michele M. Leonhart reportedly told a group of sheriffs at a closed-door conference in Washington that she was frustrated by the administration's recent openness toward state legalization. Although Leonhart's remarks were not made publicly, her pointed references to the president could put her job in jeopardy.

"She was honest," Mike H. Leidholt, president of the National Sheriffs’ Association, told the Herald. “She may get fired. But she was honest.”

The administration so far has shown itself willing to let Colorado's and Washington's experiments with marijuana legalization move ahead. But those baby steps toward respecting state legislation appear to have sown dissension at the DEA.

Leonhart, a former Baltimore cop and long-time DEA agent before ascending to the agency's top role, staunchly opposes mainstreaming marijuana use. In 2012 House Judiciary testimony, she refused to answer a question from Colorado Rep. Jared Polis (D) about whether she thought crack or heroin were worse for a person's health than marijuana. She said in December that legalization sends "mixed messages" to high-schoolers, and this month, one of her top deputies told Congress that legalization is "reckless and irresponsible."

Leonhart also appears to have been upset by a flag made of hemp that flew over the U.S. Capitol on July 4 at the behest of Polis.

Bristol County, Mass., Sheriff Thomas M. Hodgson told the Herald that "she said her lowest point in 33 years in the DEA was when she learned they’d flown a hemp flag over the Capitol on July 4. The sheriffs were all shocked. This is the first time in 28 years I’ve ever heard anyone in her position be this candid.”

The flag was made with industrial hemp, which is not a drug.

"This shows how shockingly out of touch Michele Leonhart is," Polis told HuffPost in an email Saturday. "You would think that one of her lowest points would have been when she completely embarrassed herself by failing to state the obvious scientific fact that marijuana is less harmful and addictive than heroin. Almost half a million Americans saw her make a fool of herself."

A DEA spokeswoman contacted by the Herald did not comment on Leonhart's remarks, but reiterated the agency's opposition to legalization. She did not immediately respond to a request for comment from HuffPost.

Aside from Obama's statements, it also appears that Leonhart was incensed that the unofficial White House softball team squared off against a marijuana reformers' team in a game covered exclusively by HuffPost. The White House staffers lost.

Tom Angell, founder of the reform group Marijuana Majority, told HuffPost in an email that he doesn't expect Leonhart to be fired for her "insubordinate speech."

"But in light of the president's newfound boldness in speaking out about the unfairness of marijuana prohibition enforcement, he should take the opportunity to significantly reform federal marijuana policy and rearrange the agencies that have mismanaged it for so long," he said.

UPDATE: 1/26, 11:30 a.m. -- DEA spokeswoman Dawn Deardon responded to the Herald's reporting in an email to HuffPost.

"With regards to the Herald story, I think its important to clarify that the Administrator's remarks were not at against the President, as the story portrays, but continued messages that the DEA is not in support of legalization -- and neither is the Administration," she said
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 01:59:41 PM by WHD »

Offline Petty Tyrant

• Cannot be Saved
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2014, 02:22:24 PM »

Editorial recommendations: the first two were fun, the Bolt reference gets a bit bogged down. If you are commenting on his words, Italicize his but keep yours standard. I don't know what the IPCC is.

You got it and shortened some.
ELEVATE YOUR GAME

Offline WHD

• Administrator
  • Sous Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Uncle Bob's TOOL OF THE WEEK - Rich Tool Doubles Down on Nazi
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2014, 06:54:00 AM »
TOOL TIME Tom Perkins really, really wants you not to demonize the uber-rich. But hey, if you want to show off your bling, while demonizing the majority, no prob.

WHD

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/27/thomas-perkins_n_4676105.html

Thomas Perkins, the venture capitalist who compared the "progressive war on the 1 percent" to Nazi anti-Semitism over the weekend, said he regrets using the word "Kristallnacht" during an appearance with Bloomberg TV on Monday. Nevertheless, he said he stands by the "message" of the letter.

"I don't apologize for writing the letter; I apologize for using that awful word," said Perkins, who co-founded venture capital firm Kleiner Perkins Caulfield & Byers in 1972. "It was a terrible word to have chosen."

But he proceeded to still defend the main thrust of his letter, saying Americans should be wary of "demonizing" any minority.

"I don't regret the message at all," he said. "Anytime the majority starts to demonize the minority, no matter what it is, it's wrong and dangerous and no good comes from it."

Perkins did show plenty of pride when it came to his wealth, even noting that he owns "an airplane that flies underwater" and that his watch "could buy a six-pack of Rolexes."

Here's a picture of the watch, which is reportedly an extremely expensive Richard Mille, via a tweet from Bloomberg TV:

And while Perkins did express concern for those Americans less fortunate than himself — he said he has relatives "that are living in trailer parks" — he admitted he may have an elitist approach to life, despite the fact he's "not a billionaire."

"I certainly have enough arrogance to be royal, but I’m an old man," he said. "The fact that everybody now hates me is part of the game. And I’m sorry about that, but that isn’t what I meant to do."

Perkins added that Kleiner Perkins Caulfield & Byers, the venture capital firm he helped found, "threw him under the bus" over the weekend when it condemned his remarks using the company's official Twitter account:

And while Perkins did express concern for those Americans less fortunate than himself — he said he has relatives "that are living in trailer parks" — he admitted he may have an elitist approach to life, despite the fact he's "not a billionaire."

"I certainly have enough arrogance to be royal, but I’m an old man," he said. "The fact that everybody now hates me is part of the game. And I’m sorry about that, but that isn’t what I meant to do."

Perkins added that Kleiner Perkins Caulfield & Byers, the venture capital firm he helped found, "threw him under the bus" over the weekend when it condemned his remarks using the company's official Twitter account: